Discussion - Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

McNuss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hey apparently there is a new databook out. It is not an actual book like the previous ones, but a collection of cards containing information about characters, including tons of new information.

So far I found this summary but it is by far not a complete one:

https://thelibraryofohara.com/2018/09/06/vivre-card-databook-vol-1-all-the-new-information/

The nature of this book likely means that it will never be released in Germany, so I am looking for any summary I can get. If you have one, please post it here!

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So for those that aren't aware the Vivre Card databook is a project has been going on since September, everything you need to know about how it works can be found HERE, summarised by Artur. I'll include Vol 4 (current edition of cards released for December) in this post, volumes 1-3 summaries are HERE(vol1), HERE(vol2) and HERE(vol3).

Sometimes the information released is quite interesting, a lot of time it's stuff we already know (or can make an accurate assumption about). There are also some contradictory information(which will make sense once I post vol 4), in which I guess we just go with the manga on that.

Here is a summary of important information from Vol4: Nevermind, I found out Artur has already summarised volume 4, as I was typing here :D

I left out some slides, you can check out in the link above. I only posted important info.

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
thanks @goldb

so many topics to discus now

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Thanks goldb. I was looking for vol 4. just yesterday.

Anyways, as much as I appreciate Arthurs work, it would be great if we manage to find another source as he only summarizes the most important things.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks goldb. I was looking for vol 4. just yesterday.

Anyways, as much as I appreciate Arthurs work, it would be great if we manage to find another source as he only summarizes the most important things.
I only read Artur's summary a while ago today, but I originally get all summaries from APforums. redon, sandman, EMUNOPLA provide spoilers and summaries of the cards as they come out in this thread.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Holy shit! I missed the part where it said WB was a part of the Rocks Pirate Crew!

chess4

Reaction score
Country
United States
-Says Jinbe is officially the 10th Strawhat
- Hints at Whitebeard being a part of the same crew as Bakkin, which was the Rocks
- After Jinbe, there are still 3 slots left for Strawhat members
- Says Vivi is officially recognized as the 13th slot, due to her being a former member
-that leaves to slots but that could possibly be for new members or the 2 ships
-some interesting tidbits about some other characters and some Devil Fruit name reveals

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm surprised that noone has spoken about the confirmation of their being a different race of giants; Ancient Giants that Oars Jr is part of. More importantly we learned that though he's lived for 72 years, mentally he's still a child in respect to his race; which explains why his speech during the war seemed...slow.

His bounty seems accurate enough, considering what his strength and size could do to not only citizens but actual lands. In retrospect though, I'm disappointed at Squard's bounty of 210 million. When all these NW captains allied with Whitebeard were introduced, I thought they'd be some big shots with high bounty but even Supernovas have much higher bounty than these guys.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Squardo's bounty makes sense. Pekoms also had the bounty of a rookie, but from what we have seen, there's about only 10 people stronger than him in the Big Mom Pirates. Whitebeard had 16 commanders and 43 allied crews, not everyone can be a big-shot.

Also wasn't it implied that the allies fought against the vice-admirals?

Last edited:

afromarco005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Nice now Marguerite is legal

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Squardo's bounty makes sense. Pekoms also had the bounty of a rookie, but from what we have seen, there's about only 10 people stronger than him in the crew
How does it make sense? when they were introduced, the series mentioned them as reknowned NW captains so I was expecting nothing less than 300m; especially now considering guys like Pekoms have bounties of 330 million.

And also like you said, they fought Vice Admirals; however inconsistent some may think Oda has been with Vice Admiral's strength, it is still a position of great power.

Maybe I overestimated them or I'm just nitpicking here and we don't know the circumstances behind all their bounties. :bored

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Anyone with over 100 million is renowed, and has been on newspapers all around the world.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone with over 100 million is renowed, and has been on newspapers all around the world.
A captain with 100m bounty is renowned in the Grandline, in the NW he's not of any note unless he's done something particularly notorious. He's just another pirate captains that's managed to make it there.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
How does it make sense? when they were introduced, the series mentioned them as reknowned NW captains so I was expecting nothing less than 300m; especially now considering guys like Pekoms have bounties of 330 million.
Oda might be using this narrative to say, bounties dont mean everything in the new world. I remember being shocked to see brownbeard having a bounty of only 80 million inspite of being a new world pirate. Of course, he was a weakling but he seemed to have carried out for a while in the new world atleast.

Squardo's bounty probably froze after he allied with Whitebeard.... just a guess though.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
A captain with 100m bounty is renowned in the Grandline, in the NW he's not of any note unless he's done something particularly notorious. He's just another pirate captains that's managed to make it there.
Someone is not more or less famous in the Grand Line or New World. The difference is that someone with a 100 million bounty is not so special in the New World.

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
i actually was curious why germa kingdom still cant conquer north sea.
Even someone like yonji is arguably might be as strong as pretimeskip kidd.

And the strong pirates from north sea are usually already in grand line anyway.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i actually was curious why germa kingdom still cant conquer north sea.
Even someone like yonji is arguably might be as strong as pretimeskip kidd.

And the strong pirates from north sea are usually already in grand line anyway.
I thought about that when they were first introduced, the only thing I can think about now is that some of those kingdoms might be allied with the WG and offer heavenly tribute, so they might receive some sort of protection? Dunno.

Now they are officially cast away from the Reverie, they can do whatever they want to. Though I believe after meeting Sanji and seeing how different he is, Judge will have other plans than trying to regain lands.

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I thought about that when they were first introduced, the only thing I can think about now is that some of those kingdoms might be allied with the WG and offer heavenly tribute, so they might receive some sort of protection? Dunno.

Now they are officially cast away from the Reverie, they can do whatever they want to. Though I believe after meeting Sanji and seeing how different he is, Judge will have other plans than trying to regain lands.
the thing is, WG doesn't seem to care much about safety of the 4 seas.
Arlong park was ruling over nami's island for a long time and sinking many marine ships , but the marine doesn't seem bothered to check out?

I felt like as long as the marines don't send any admirals or large groups of vice-admirals, the germa kingdom would be able to handle any threats.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the thing is, WG doesn't seem to care much about safety of the 4 seas.
Arlong park was ruling over nami's island for a long time and sinking many marine ships , but the marine doesn't seem bothered to check out?

I felt like as long as the marines don't send any admirals or large groups of vice-admirals, the germa kingdom would be able to handle any threats.
I agree yes, that the WG doesn't seem to care much about the 4 seas, focusing on where the most damage is done; in the Grandline.

The thing with Arlong Park is, if you remember, Arlong had been bribing Nezumi (a Marine captain) in order to keep his actions a secret from the WG. Jinbei also mentions this as the reason why he couldn't get any information about Arlong's reign of terror until after he was defeated by Luffy.

The WG do have bases around the world, including the 4 seas, but I'm assuming there are more corrupt Marines like Nezumi out there that heavily manipulate the flow of information to their superiors at HQ.

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
The thing with Arlong Park is, if you remember, Arlong had been bribing Nezumi (a Marine captain) in order to keep his actions a secret from the WG. .
yeah i remember , but weren't there also aiding marine ships coming to arlong park?Pretty sure those marine ships are not authorized by nezumi (otherwise, the ships won't even be sent)