Discussion - Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Arlong was ruling a mafia on a small town. If someone tried to take over an entire sea, it means starting a war against the Marines or WG.

the thing is, WG doesn't seem to care much about safety of the 4 seas.
The WG represents 170 nations all around the world, with the majority in the 4 seas.

Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
yeah i remember , but weren't there also aiding marine ships coming to arlong park?Pretty sure those marine ships are not authorized by nezumi (otherwise, the ships won't even be sent)
Arlong was aiding Marine ships? I don't recall to be honest, I'd have to re-read to remember those details from back then.

Grandmaster Woro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Arlong was aiding Marine ships? I don't recall to be honest, I'd have to re-read to remember those details from back then.
no, i meant , there were rescue ships called secretly by local villagers which came to aid, but was sunk by arlong pirates.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
When are new databooks always release?

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
first week of the month

4th or 5th
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Next is Dressrosa and Alabasta characters
So these are monthly releases then? Cool.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Dressrosa and Alabasta? I bet we are going to see more exclusive bounties than the other databooks.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dressrosa and Alabasta? I bet we are going to see more exclusive bounties than the other databooks.
Yep! I want to see more bounties on other pirate characters to see what they were worth at the time.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry, slight correction.

Fishman Island arc and Baraque Works Arc

NOT DRESSROSA

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If past packs are any indications, I wouldn't hold my breath for bounties or confirmation that X character has haki or whatever. Unless it's Marine or someone we already know. We might get more bounties from Baroque Works agents, since we already know some of them, besides that it'll be nice to know the ages of some of Fishman Islands characters and I'd like to know more about Neptunes past and his friendship with Whitebeard.

afromarco005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I want to see Pica Diamante Trebol bounty maybe more info on Vergo

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to see Pica Diamante Trebol bounty maybe more info on Vergo
Just a note that as things are looking, we'd be getting the Dressrosa pack around April or May.

The pack releases are following a pattern of one pre-timeskip arc and one post.

Jan : Baroque Works /Fishman Island residents
Feb: Sky Island enemies / Fishman Island enemies

My Predictions:
March: Water 7(Could possibly have 2 parts) / Punk Hazard
Apr: Enies Lobby / Dressrosa (could possibly have a residents and enemies split )

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Some info has begun to come out for the latest packs:

Baroque Works x Fishman Island Residents

All Baroque Work Officer agents’ real name were revealed.
Gem(Mr.5) :10 million
Mikita(Miss Valentine) : 7.5 million
Babe(Mr.4): 3.2 million.
Galdino(Mr.3) : 24 million
Marianne(Miss golden week): 29 million.
Bentham(Mr.2): 32 million.
Drophy(Miss merry Christmas): 14 million.
Zala(Miss double finger): 35 million
Daz Bones(Mr.1): 75 million
The ship of Crocodile: Baroque Gustave*
Hatchan: 8 million. He’s 38yrs old.
Ship of the Sun pirates: Snapper head?
Kohza is 22yrs old.
Surume(the kraken) is 120yrs old.
Neptune is 70yrs old, Queen Otohime passed away when she’s 36.
Source:talkop
*it’s a large Nile crocodile from Burundi. He is known for being a man-eater, and is rumored to have killed as many as 300 people.

credits: Long John Silvers Rayleigh@APF

CROCODILE

Debut: Vol. 17 Ch. 155
Ephitet: "Dessert King" "Sir Crocodile"
Devil fruit: Suna Suna no mi
Haki: --
Clan: --
Former Warlord
Former Baroque Works President

Ship: Baroque Gustave* (Barroku Gyusutabo)
Birthday: Sept. 5
Height: 253 cm.
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Bloodtype: Type S
Hometown: Grandline
Bounty: 81 million

Known as "Sir". The man that started Baroque Works who can manipulate sand!!

A young Warlord with the Sand Sand Fruit ability that lets him manipulate the sand. He conquered Alabasta and wage a war seeking for the ancient weapon "Pluton". However, his plans failed and his title as a Warlord was revoked.
He was jailed at impel down but he managed to get out with the help of Luffy. Together with Daz Bones, they participated in the Summit War and later on they went to the New World.

[ Connection to Ivankov ]
He has a "weakness" which relates to his past that he can't opposed. He definitely have some kind of debt on Ivankov.

He has the ability to manipulate his body which is made of sand while his right hand can absorb all the moisture on everything he touches and turns it to sand.

Right after he entered Grandline, Luffy taste his first defeat. Crocodile showed the difference between a Warlord and a rookie.

He revealed an intense emotion towards Whitebeard that he's been keeping for so long
(A panel is shown where he shouts at Whitebeard at Marineford)

Gallery Memo
He already has a cool attitude since childhood. Even the female version kind of emits an aura that won't let people go easily.

HISTORY
24 years ago: Witnessed Gol D. Roger's execution
?? years ago: Became a Warlord
?? years ago: Defeated by Whitebeard
?? years ago: Established Baroque Works
6 years ago: Partnered with Robin in search for Pluton
2 years ago: Baroque Works collapsed. His title as a Warlord was revoked.
2 years ago: Breakout of Impel down. Participated in the Summit War.

*The name of Crocodile's ship is probably based on the French Navy Submarine Gustave Zédé, which was named after a French Naval engineer.
Not much really new there with Crocodile. It seems though that he was already a Shichibukai when Whitebeard defeated him, though we don't know how many years ago it was and how long between him gaining the position to the actual fight.

More cards:

--- Double Post Merged, ---

McNuss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This is the first time the Vivre Card databook teases unrevealed stuff that actually will not appear in the story anymore. This edition reveals the names of all the Baroque works members ships, even though we only saw 2 and 3 in the Manga. Even Crocodile's ship is named, despite it never being shown, though at least we may see that in a flashback in the future.

Either ships will get their own cards in the future, or they will be released some other form, but I doubt this information was for nothing.

Also I hope that someday we will get concepts for the missing officers, pairs 6, 12, and Mr. 11's partner. In case you don't know, concept art for Mr. 10 and his partner exists in one of the artbooks. This edition didn't feature any of them, and apparently not even the revealed Frontier Agents? oO

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vivre Card Pack#6 which is coming on 4th FEB 2019 will talk about Sky Island Saga ( Jaya - Skypiea ) + The enemies of Fishman Island like Hody jones with his crew and Van Der Decken

* Due to a lot of characters in Sky Island Saga , the remaining characters will be included in Pack#7 (credits EMUNOPLA@AP)

March: Water 7(Could possibly have 2 parts) / Punk Hazard
Apr: Enies Lobby / Dressrosa (could possibly have a residents and enemies split )

There goes my predictions; I had completely forgot about all the civilians and just kept thinking about Enel and his guys.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Is this not in the same release order of the databooks?

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this not in the same release order of the databooks?

Nice; I don't remember all that info being there last time I checked. So they have it all the way to August at least.

So from the 2nd folder, we'll be starting the NW characters, so hopefully Oda will be more generous with information.

McNuss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
They probably revealed Sengoku since he is a fairly minor character now. I don't think he will ever get an important role again. Dressrosa was his closure.

They didn't reveal if Garp has it, only CoA+CoO for him, but that's fine, since I assume it is going to get revealed in the Rocks flashback. No way Garp defeated someone who once was above Big Mom and Kaido, but isn't a Conqueror himself.

So far this book hasn't revealed anything of importance, only bonus information and some teasers.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
They probably revealed Sengoku since he is a fairly minor character now. I don't think he will ever get an important role again. Dressrosa was his closure.

They didn't reveal if Garp has it, only CoA+CoO for him, but that's fine, since I assume it is going to get revealed in the Rocks flashback. No way Garp defeated someone who once was above Big Mom and Kaido, but isn't a Conqueror himself.

So far this book hasn't revealed anything of importance, only bonus information and some teasers.
I agree, but wouldn't be sure about Sengoku not playing a role again. He big influence enough that he have other roles down the line.

No doubt Garp has it too as with all his fame and achievements as well one of the few to fight with Roger and survive, he has to have it.