Discussion - The Opera/Eyes of God | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Opera/Eyes of God

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Here you can discuss everything related to the Opera and the Eyes of the God.

• How do they function?
  • Are they related to Yuri finding Baam?
  • Can you observe the outside World?

Last edited:

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
It is weird that she knew about bam... but given the chapter it does not seem like it was weird enough to freak yuri out. She seemed annoyed at worst...If this hinted at her somehow being an enemy then I would think yuri would have already reacted. It's not like yuri is known for her temper. Well, she is, but she is known more for not having it.
Maybe - and this is far-fetched - it was Repellista herself who gave her the hint about an Irregular entering the Tower? Don't ask me how she did know that. Or Yuri simply is aware of the fact that Repellista watches famous people with her Opera, which kinda would explain why Yuri took it so easy?

Last edited:

Davy Clyde

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe - and this is far-fetched - it was Repellista herself who gave her the hint about an Irregular entering the Tower? Don't ask me how she did know that. Or Yuri simply is aware of the fact that Repellista watches famous people with her Opera, which kinda would explain why Yuri took it so easy?
If Repellista knows then, anyone who has an Opera should notice too. And that Family Head—Tu Perie Tperie—should be aware of Baam's existence because of her lighthouse; Eyes of God.

Last edited by a moderator:

GOOMOONRYONG

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone remember how amazing the Opera is or what its abilities are? I don't really remember the specifics or if it was ever stated in season 1. I remember it was mentioned as being amazing but if anyone has a link to the page that would be cool. I know there are not many of them within the tower (5 or less?) the number 3 is jumping out to me for some reason. If the Opera can trace anyone in the tower then it's not all that odd that Repellista knows about Baam.

Syx I think you could be right about Repellista telling Yuri about Baam entering the tower. Just reread the first few chapters of season 1 and that seems to be the most logical conclusion. How else could Yuri have possibly known an Irregular entered the tower so quickly? I mean it's not like a bell dings within the tower when an irregular enters. It took Yuri almost no time at all to get to Baam to see what he was all about. If the Opera is as amazing as we think it makes sense that Repellista would probably be one of the few people in the tower who knew when Baam entered. The interaction between Yuri and Repellista has always made me feel uneasy because of the ambiguity.

This all makes me believe that some of the Princesses want to plan a coup to overthrow Zahard and might have joined FUG to do it or have been secretly backing them from the shadows for years.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
That is an excellent point, it does not actually make sense that yuri knew there was an irregular in the first floor. Heck, even evan didn't know, he was being told by yuri.... With that in mind it would make sense that someone informed yuri about this and repelista makes sense if she has an opera. However that only begs the question about repelista.... WTF? There is still something weird though. The opera does allow her to detect stuff across the tower... but how would she even know what to search for? It's not like opera gives her clairvoyance. I guess the combination of a guide and opera could account for that.

GOOMOONRYONG

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That is an excellent point, it does not actually make sense that yuri knew there was an irregular in the first floor. Heck, even evan didn't know, he was being told by yuri.... With that in mind it would make sense that someone informed yuri about this and repelista makes sense if she has an opera. However that only begs the question about repelista.... WTF? There is still something weird though. The opera does allow her to detect stuff across the tower... but how would she even know what to search for? It's not like opera gives her clairvoyance. I guess the combination of a guide and opera could account for that.
I thought about that as well and perhaps Zahard and his higher ups are alerted when an Irregular enters the tower because of past events. It's possible Repellista found a way to spy on Zahard/the higher ups using the Opera and relayed the information to Yuri. Repellista might have even found a way to hack into the tower's information system if there really is such a thing.

Last edited:

jjrock01

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would assume there is some form of communication system in the tower, but given the enormity of the tower, it may be limited to individual floors. It is most likely a network of spies which relay the information.

I regards to repellista, there are a lot of questions. Can the opera see outside the tower? How exactly does she know where to look for people? What is the relationship between yuri and repellista? Etc. I believe repellista had prior knowledge about baam through a network of spies. I think hedon is a member for fug and maybe somehow communicated with repellista to send yuri down. Totally off the wall, but this would tie into princesses trying to overthrow zahard theory.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
If Repellista knows then, anyone who has an Opera should notice too. And that Family Head—Tu Perie Tperie—should be aware of Baam's existence because of her lighthouse; Eyes of God.
No, your phrasing is not correct in my opinion. There is a possibility that all Opera-users might know of Baam's existence. It's not like the Opera is a living being, watching the whole Tower and reporting to its user. If you don't use it or don't observe the right place at the right time, you won't get any information.

Does anyone remember how amazing the Opera is or what its abilities are? I don't really remember the specifics or if it was ever stated in season 1. I remember it was mentioned as being amazing but if anyone has a link to the page that would be cool. I know there are not many of them within the tower (5 or less?) the number 3 is jumping out to me for some reason. If the Opera can trace anyone in the tower then it's not all that odd that Repellista knows about Baam.
The wiki holds some information:
A little summary:
  • There are 3 Opera's which are made by Tu Perie Tperie
  • The people who possess an Opera: Jaina Repellista Zahard, Tu Perie Tperie, Lord Flux
  • Tperie doesn't use her Opera. She uses the Eyes of God.
  • it's unlikely that any more Opera's will be created (they require the highest purity Suspendium and many extremely rare materials
  • In theory, the Opera extends the user’s Shinsoo field to infinity
  • The communication function of the Opera and any other device connected to it cannot be stopped or jammed by other devices such as the Hell Train.
Syx I think you could be right about Repellista telling Yuri about Baam entering the tower. Just reread the first few chapters of season 1 and that seems to be the most logical conclusion. How else could Yuri have possibly known an Irregular entered the tower so quickly? I mean it's not like a bell dings within the tower when an irregular enters. It took Yuri almost no time at all to get to Baam to see what he was all about. If the Opera is as amazing as we think it makes sense that Repellista would probably be one of the few people in the tower who knew when Baam entered. The interaction between Yuri and Repellista has always made me feel uneasy because of the ambiguity.
This was also the question I asked myself: how the hell did Repellista know about Baam entering the Tower before it even happened? Because that is what had to be happen, since there is no way in hell Yuri and Evan would have made it to the first floor in time otherwise. But you brought up an interesting point, kkck. It could be possibly to "foresee" it with a Guide.

Or... another far-fetched theory: You can observe the outside world with an Opera or the Eyes of God?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
This was also the question I asked myself: how the hell did Repellista know about Baam entering the Tower before it even happened? Because that is what had to be happen, since there is no way in hell Yuri and Evan would have made it to the first floor in time otherwise. But you brought up an interesting point, kkck. It could be possibly to "foresee" it with a Guide.

Or... another far-fetched theory: You can observe the outside world with an Opera or the Eyes of God?
I am not so sure about this....bam was not actually "outside" before reaching headon. He must have been somewhere nonregulars reside. Otherwise there would have never been a need for rachel to want to climb the tower. As for opera working outside the tower.... wouldn't that mean they can work where shinsoo does not exist? That sounds a tad odd to me. This makes more sense if bam was to begin with in the nonregular area of the tower and the opera and guide worked to predict that imo. Assuming opera need shinsoo to work it would be remarkably weird that even the opera-guide combination could predict someone coming entirely from outside the tower. Not to mention that reaching the first floor should take a remarkable amount of time. It's not like yuri could have been chilling at the 15th floor and just jumped down to the first.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I am not so sure about this....bam was not actually "outside" before reaching headon. He must have been somewhere nonregulars reside. Otherwise there would have never been a need for rachel to want to climb the tower. As for opera working outside the tower.... wouldn't that mean they can work where shinsoo does not exist? That sounds a tad odd to me. This makes more sense if bam was to begin with in the nonregular area of the tower and the opera and guide worked to predict that imo. Assuming opera need shinsoo to work it would be remarkably weird that even the opera-guide combination could predict someone coming entirely from outside the tower. Not to mention that reaching the first floor should take a remarkable amount of time. It's not like yuri could have been chilling at the 15th floor and just jumped down to the first.
While I agree that Baam's cave holds a lot of mysteries, it's stated that Irregulars do enter the Tower from the outside world. Furthermore, there is this Q&A:
Question: Are the outside world, Baam's place, and the Tower different places? Yuri said, "Even Evan, an A-grade Guide, agreed that he's a normal human!" Can they assess the strength of others? (10/04/2010)

Answer: Hmm... well, they are not different worlds/universe/etc. You'll see more in the future ^^. It is true that Baam's place and the Tower are different places.
A different place than the Tower is a place outside the Tower in my book.

Regarding the Opera observing the outside world: Well, it's true that there is no Shinsoo outside of the Tower, but is this really required? I don't see how this would contradict anything SIU set so far. This might be a terrible example/comparison but we are also cut off from other planets whom we can't reach with ordinary methods. But we still can observe them with a telescope. As I said it's far-fetched, but there has to be an explanation on how Yuri knew about an Irregular entering the Tower beforehand. Honestly, I can buy the "Opera can observe the outside world" more than "Baam's cave was actually not outside of the Tower".

Tiranofrome

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Wouldnt it make more sense for her to be peeping on the conversation of Headon and Rachel thus finding out another one is coming too , relayin the information to Yuri then and there actually being a bigger time span between the entry of Rachel and Baam in the tower.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
While I agree that Baam's cave holds a lot of mysteries, it's stated that Irregulars do enter the Tower from the outside world. Furthermore, there is this Q&A:

A different place than the Tower is a place outside the Tower in my book.

Regarding the Opera observing the outside world: Well, it's true that there is no Shinsoo outside of the Tower, but is this really required? I don't see how this would contradict anything SIU set so far. This might be a terrible example/comparison but we are also cut off from other planets whom we can't reach with ordinary methods. But we still can observe them with a telescope. As I said it's far-fetched, but there has to be an explanation on how Yuri knew about an Irregular entering the Tower beforehand. Honestly, I can buy the "Opera can observe the outside world" more than "Baam's cave was actually not outside of the Tower".
That is kinda weird.... So far how I have understood rachel is in the context of wanting to get out of the tower. Stars don't exist in the tower so the alternatives would be that there is a floor that has them or that if she climbs high enough she can escape it. But the implication would be that the place she came from also did not have stars so it can't be the outside world in the context we normally understand it. Basically, it would be a third location in the universe.

Well, everything in the tower usually concerns manipulating shinsoo and whatnot. Everything is made out of shinsoo as well. It wouldn't necessarily contradict stuff said but IMO it is a weird scenario. Even other floors in the tower seem to be sort of different dimensions than the rest somehow (they have ceilings after all) so you'd think that the outside would effectively be a different dimension entirely. In that regard the planet analogy does not necessarily apply to this situation. I guess it is plausible an opera could connect with something outside the tower though. But then for this to work we would be talking about repelista actually being informed that an irregular is coming.... which is somehow even weirder lol.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Wouldnt it make more sense for her to be peeping on the conversation of Headon and Rachel thus finding out another one is coming too , relayin the information to Yuri then and there actually being a bigger time span between the entry of Rachel and Baam in the tower.
Well, I read this flashback again, and in terms of timeline it goes like this:
  1. Rachel enters the Tower but falls asleep.
  2. Rachel wakes up and has a 5-10 minutes conversation with Headon.
  3. Headon isolates Rachel because he notices Baam.
  4. Baam enters the Tower, but is also asleep. Though it seems that he woke up instantly.
So, judging by the impression this flashback gave to me, it seems that the only time gap we are not aware of is the time between Rachel entering the Tower and her finally waking up. But this time gap shouldn't exceed weeks, months or years, considering Baam woke up right after he appeared and Rachel shouldn't be alive if she slept for weeks. Even if Repellista informed Yuri after seeing Rachel, Yuri still shouldn't have enough time to reach the first floor.

That is kinda weird.... So far how I have understood rachel is in the context of wanting to get out of the tower. Stars don't exist in the tower so the alternatives would be that there is a floor that has them or that if she climbs high enough she can escape it. But the implication would be that the place she came from also did not have stars so it can't be the outside world in the context we normally understand it. Basically, it would be a third location in the universe.

Well, everything in the tower usually concerns manipulating shinsoo and whatnot. Everything is made out of shinsoo as well. It wouldn't necessarily contradict stuff said but IMO it is a weird scenario. Even other floors in the tower seem to be sort of different dimensions than the rest somehow (they have ceilings after all) so you'd think that the outside would effectively be a different dimension entirely. In that regard the planet analogy does not necessarily apply to this situation. I guess it is plausible an opera could connect with something outside the tower though. But then for this to work we would be talking about repelista actually being informed that an irregular is coming.... which is somehow even weirder lol.
A third location would be still a place outside of the Tower, which is the outside world from the Tower's point of view. It could be possible, I don't see what speaks against it. I mean we literally know nothing about the cave/outside world. Only that Urek's view completely differs from the cave. But who says the cave is not... just a cave in the outside world, which is located very near to the entry of the Tower?

Well, I already admitted that my examples are far-fetched/terrible, but with so little information we got, how can anyone come up with a good theroy anyway? :lmao

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
A third location would be still a place outside of the Tower, which is the outside world from the Tower's point of view. It could be possible, I don't see what speaks against it. I mean we literally know nothing about the cave/outside world. Only that Urek's view completely differs from the cave. But who says the cave is not... just a cave in the outside world, which is located very near to the entry of the Tower?

Well, I already admitted that my examples are far-fetched/terrible, but with so little information we got, how can anyone come up with a good theroy anyway? :lmao
Yeah, it is really hard to come up with something lol. I feel like the clues are there though. My objection to this would be that if rachel was at the same place urek came from then why would she go into the tower? That urek's views are so contradictory with the cave and what rachel seems to be doing and wants should be a huge clue as to what is going on.

Davy Clyde

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
No, your phrasing is not correct in my opinion. There is a possibility that all Opera-users might know of Baam's existence. It's not like the Opera is a living being, watching the whole Tower and reporting to its user. If you don't use it or don't observe the right place at the right time, you won't get any information.

The wiki holds some information:
A little summary:
  • There are 3 Opera's which are made by Tu Perie Tperie
  • The people who possess an Opera: Jaina Repellista Zahard, Tu Perie Tperie, Lord Flux
  • Tperie doesn't use her Opera. She uses the Eyes of God.
  • it's unlikely that any more Opera's will be created (they require the highest purity Suspendium and many extremely rare materials
  • In theory, the Opera extends the user’s Shinsoo field to infinity
  • The communication function of the Opera and any other device connected to it cannot be stopped or jammed by other devices such as the Hell Train.

I thought a different person had one of the Operas lol.

How does Gustang know about Baam being an irregular and (Wangnan being a Prince?)