1. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. Congratulations to goldb for winning the Friends Photography contest!, and as always, well done to the other participants!.

Voting has begun for the Special Halloween Art Contest
    Witch.

Also there is a special announcement regarding the Winter Art Contest, so please Read up!
  4. This year's Community Awards have ended. Check out the results HERE!
  5. The very first Magi Awards have begun! Nominate your favorite Moments and Characters now!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Discussion The Outside World

Discussion in 'Yakusoku no Neverland' started by niichan, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

India
    I will say we will witness corruption in the human society.

If you have read SNK you will understand what i am seeing.Maybe like the Military Police in SNK,in the human society who are corrupt and selfish.They may try to hand over the children to the Demons if they cross over to that side.

2. Belserion

Belserion Queen of Dragons

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Mangahelper

Antigua and Barbuda
    I hope it's option 1 as well. I already have a low opinion of the human society from Song's story but it was a long time ago. I'd say it's the "dirty secret" of a select few. As time went by people probably forgot about the other side since I don't think that knowledge is something the ancestors would want to pass down to their children. So like you said this is probably where Minerva comes in, trying to bring about a revolution to correct their mistake but of course he needs proof. Enter the kids with brand numbers on their necks like livestock and horror stories to rally the humans.

Brandish likes this.
  3. Brandish

Brandish is just fine today

Global Moderator

Australia
    Yea I think if it works out like that it's easier to head back and start a war. I can't really see Emma not following through with a rescue attempt. She may fail, but she will try. So they need the humans to be backing them and the revolution is simple enough. Unless there's another way Emma can get the firepower required to breach and rescue kids from plantations. Atm I'm assuming we go all the way to the human side because it's the easier route... but this manga has twisted things many times so I'm not holding onto this too much xD

Are you being a little harsh on the humans here? :derp I am with you on that, you can't leave people behind as food. Just they might have been pushed to a point where the war wore them down so much that this was acceptable. If that's the case then I'd feel sorry for them too.

2 points I forgot to bring up before are...
    • Would there be demons on the human side? E.g in a Zoo, or trained in the military
    • When they fought the demons centuries ago, humanity would have united for this. Would there just be one country?

Belserion and deyna like this.
  4. deyna

deyna Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Malaysia
    i think there would be quite a few countries, mostly powerful countries which could stand up against the demons in the past.

Brandish likes this.
  5. Belserion

Mangahelper

Antigua and Barbuda
    No. That was me being nice to them:hmph And if the war wore them down I hope it's the same with the demons. The fact that there was a truce in the first place means no side was actually winning. This is why it bothers me that it appears the demons got the better end of the deal. Even in a panel during Song's story we saw humans fleeing after the truce was decided upon. Why would you need to flee if there's a truce?
    They better have demons on their side. Not that I'm advocating for a reverse of the current situation with demon farms, but something to show that the humans weren't completely outplayed. So far it's looking more like "give us what we want and we leave you alone" from the demons end rather than a truce. Adding that the humans are supplying all these toys and clothes and books to keep up the facade of human civilisation on the other side, it's all pointing to an advantage for the demons. I'm beginning to understand Minervas need for a revolution. Something is wrong here....besides the obvious:notsure

As for one country, if the world was split in two then it would make more sense if they all just stayed United considering the geography got 50% smaller. Or maybe they got divided into districts like in the hunger games:hmm

Brandish likes this.
  6. Brandish

Global Moderator

Australia
    Yea, I can see there being a few countries too, but with less conflict between them than we have.

It'd be interesting if there's multiple countries, and they each have to provide 'border control' for the paths to the demon world. Idk why, but I'd like to know how something like this would be written.

True, and that panel you mentioned is something I overlooked. I'll just concede right now :nod

With this in mind, it could be that there is a hole in Sung-Joo's story. A parting gift might be what he is told and is considered historical fact... but the truth is demons caught some stray humans just as the truce was being called. How would this feel from a narrative point of view? Might be a letdown.

Those demons don't look tasty at all xD They'd need to be fattened up at the very least.

Well if toys and the like are getting in, the demons are buying these somehow. I doubt the humans keep giving it up so easily (I am giving these guys a chance :hmph )

Belserion likes this.
  7. deyna

deyna Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Malaysia
    we don't know how many human factions that work together with the demons to make hundreds of human farms. all of that wouldn't be possible without humans' help.. i'm starting to think some humans work with the demons with mutual purpose or some kind of deal was signed between them, away from human society's eyes/without human government's knowledge

8. Brandish

Global Moderator

Australia
    A few things have been added recently...
    • Another group "Poachers". They poach runaways. How different will they be to raiders? Or are they the same?
    • Going to another quadrant... A08-63.
    • The bunker at B06-32 has a live feed of some other location in the demon world.
    We might must get more information about the human world through the archive. They've only scratched the surface so far.

Belserion and Emperor Spriggan like this.
  9. Emperor Spriggan

Emperor Spriggan Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Kenya
    I think the poachers are also a group of escapees from a certain orphanage, which would explain how they got inside B-06-32 in the first place. Chances are that they probably have a pen of their own from Minerva as well, but unlike Emma and her group, they are an 'evil' group.

Belserion and Brandish like this.
  10. Brandish

Global Moderator

Australia
    Running with this scenario, the should also know B06-32 and possibly A08-63, so would you expect them to be waiting at the latter location once Emma, Ray and Baelish get there? Also, if they have a pen, why haven't they gotten to Baelish yet?

It'd be quite something if the poachers were escapees. It's probably a low chance. There is potential with this as it could show another side to humanity of Neverland - just what could cause a human escapee in this world to be a poacher?

Just going to bring up the image of that room...
    [​IMG]
    • Was Baelish locked in here by the poachers? I know he's insane, but with "HELP" written over and over - help him for what?
    • Under the bunk, "LIAR" is written. Is it possible that someone deceived Baelish maybe within HQ, helped with the escape, and they turned out to be a poacher?

11. Belserion

Mangahelper

Antigua and Barbuda
    Plot twist if Baelish is/was actually one of the poachers. It's honestly baffling how he's the only survivor. Let's say for arguments sake that he is the only surviving member of his group after the poachers attacked, why didn't they come back for him? Did he hide? Was it a one time attack and he hid so the poachers thought they'd gotten them all before moving on to another location (if they do indeed have a pen)? This wouldn't make much sense since it would be reasonable to assume that if they do have a pen they would keep going back occasionally to check for escapees.

However I can also understand if they're a mercenary group and probably only check the locations when news of a break out of the farms occur. It was mentioned in the initial discussions that the word "poachers" was crossed out which could mean they've been killed, but it's really hard for me to believe that it was Baelish who took them out. He seems like a bit of a coward with the way he rants/whines and also naive when he didn't expect Emma to aim low. A bit like Malfoy, all bark and no bite even when he's trying to be threatening lol.

The poachers could be humans working with the demons. A bit like the Mamas and scientists. We know there was a signal sent out when Emma and the others broke out, it could be a case where these poachers that escaped a long time ago made a deal with the demons to hand over their exceptional comrades for their own freedom and have been working with the demons ever since. We can't just assume every group that escaped were like our current group, a close knit family. Some will do anything for survival. So in this instance we can for example say the likes of Don and Gilda, or the girl with the pigtails and some of the younger kids would give up Ray and Emma and become the demons underlings. It's a form of freedom and this way they don't become food. Maybe that's what Baelish did hence all the guilt. If he's not a poacher, maybe he made a deal with them.

Emperor Spriggan and Brandish like this.
  12. Brandish

Global Moderator

Australia
    Lol if he's a poacher then all this insanity he's shown so far is only scratching the surface.

Yea he's very much the boasting type, and I wouldn't be surprised if he hid like you said. It actually makes more sense if he was the only survivor due to a 'hiding' scenario, as opposed to him being the toughest/smartest of the escapees (ie Ray). Assuming he's telling the truth of course. If these poachers work for demons I'd bet they took some of the escapees alive. Maybe all of them, and left Bae alive coz his scores were real bad or something.

It's quite interesting to have several known groups that exist outside demon control. Wanderers (like Musica), Raiders, Poachers, and human escapees. There could be more.

Also, are the poachers humans or demons?

Emperor Spriggan and Belserion like this.
  13. Belserion

Mangahelper

Antigua and Barbuda
    I figured human because wouldn't he just call them demons? Unless"demon" isn't the universal term and they're called different things by different people. Like in the Walking Dead some zombies are called "walkers" by some or "biters" by others. If the poachers are demons and he tried to hide wouldn't they have sniffed him out?

Emperor Spriggan and Brandish like this.
  14. Brandish

Global Moderator

Australia
    I guess it does depend on how things are named in the demon world. Demons are the top race, so I would think they'd have titles much like we do; and humans would be called 'humans' like we call animals 'animals'... if that makes sense. He is human though so this might not be how Baelish says it. Also I get the feeling that the poachers are human to mirror the raiders who I think are demons.

And true, he wouldn't have been able to hide from a demon, no less kill one.

Also, Bae had a gun too. I wonder how he got that.

15. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    I am thinking these "Poachers" are basically human traffickers. They come from the human side and capture them to make slaves.