The paramitan Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The paramitan Thread

paramitan

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I just felt like making my own thread for certain ramblings I cannot post on my Edited Manga groups. But yeah, anybody can ask questions or comments for me and my TL scripts here!XD

First up is some introductions. I'm paramitan, currently 18 years of age, a student and of course a Translator. For my current translation list, refer to my signature, which I shall change from time to time. In any case, I've been studying Japanese for almost 2 years, and I translate not just for practice, but also for the sake of bringing manga that needed attention--the sole reason I created my own Edited Manga group U-Prod Edited Mangas.

I just posted some scripts today, which are mostly Anagle Mole. Let me tell a bit about how I got into translating the series.

----

I was looking at Pinoymanga Scans because they needed a translator for Denpa Kyoushi, which is what I intended to translate for them. But then, when I applied, Uno gave me the raws for Chapter 3. Then I thought, maybe Bomber d Rufi didn't approve of them using his translations, so I made the script. I'm still a bit naive to the whole "competition" thing that time between PMS and CWL, so I continued translating for them.

Some months later, Uno told me that he wants Bomber to translate for them again, because Bomber announced that he has run out of a raw provider for it. I said, sure, plus I made the message he sent to Bomber. I did that out of respect, since he's the first one to the series. I have other series to do/translate in other groups, so that was fine for me.

----

That was quite a read, wasn't it? Anyways, thanks for checking out my thread!XD

---------- Post added March 06, 2012 at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was March 05, 2012 at 11:15 AM ----------

yo! me again? who the hell am I again? not much people still don't know who I am, main reason why I'm here in the first place, so people would know that I'm a translator too (or am I? LOL)

anyways, I've posted yet another set of translations today, and this time, it's new material, not yet scanlated and stuff. looks like njt took notice, and so le wild Private Message appeared!

Hey paramitan! paramitan has just released their translation of Tegami Bachi 52! This translation may or may not have a Edited Manga BUT remember that without translations you wouldn't get a Edited Manga. So take some time and thank the translator for their hard work. paramitan really does appreciate it .
O.o
seriously, why did I get this message? am I not paramitan? is this a glitch or something? just wondering/saying...XD

---------- Post added March 07, 2012 at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was March 06, 2012 at 11:34 PM ----------

about the previous post, I was just trolling myself LOL. anyways, I uploaded yet another set of chapters.
hmm, reaction about my message/translation for Tegami Bachi was positive for me, because I thought the Manga Editors aren't trying to catch up. glad to hear from them that the series is still in progress...
about Iris Zero, it was a short chapter which is why I went and translated it. await the official Edited Manga (wait, what do I mean by official? lisenced? O.o) because there's extra content--about the Drama CD. if ever, that'll be the ONLY drama CD i'd download. ever.
I hope someone would pick up Ike! Danshi Koukou Engekibu for me. it looks interesting, plus I heard it's a good movie, so why not?

if ever you've managed to read through this humungous wall of text, thank you!

Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yo, Paramitan.

I won't go into the history of Anagle here, but glad to see you're still translating. Welcome to MH!

paramitan

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
it's been a while XD
whoa, thanks for the welcome, Bomber! well of course...

let's see, what can I say? hmm, I'm really really frustrated about myself today because I've been too inactive to most of my work (both in Edited Manga and in school, but mostly in school), so I can't clearly get a sched of my own. but to hell with a sched, I'll translate in my own pace. for me, translation is a hobby and not a job for it to have a very rigid schedule. so for those who have "work" for me, please be patient, the kid here's got problems of his own, including himself XP

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
it's been a while XD
whoa, thanks for the welcome, Bomber! well of course...

let's see, what can I say? hmm, I'm really really frustrated about myself today because I've been too inactive to most of my work (both in Edited Manga and in school, but mostly in school), so I can't clearly get a sched of my own. but to hell with a sched, I'll translate in my own pace. for me, translation is a hobby and not a job for it to have a very rigid schedule. so for those who have "work" for me, please be patient, the kid here's got problems of his own, including himself XP
Heh, that's how it is for all of us, having to balance translation with...life. If you're not being paid, then there's no real need to translate often or quickly, just whenever you have time. I'd love to make this a job, but I suck too hard for that kinda thing....maybe someday. I'm still young (to some people, not includnig myself.)

In any case, you have a lot of projects going on. O_o I couldn't do that on a normal basis...though, I guess it depends on your skill in the language. Where did you learn BTW?

paramitan

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Heh, that's how it is for all of us, having to balance translation with...life. If you're not being paid, then there's no real need to translate often or quickly, just whenever you have time. I'd love to make this a job, but I suck too hard for that kinda thing....maybe someday. I'm still young (to some people, not includnig myself.)

In any case, you have a lot of projects going on. O_o I couldn't do that on a normal basis...though, I guess it depends on your skill in the language. Where did you learn BTW?
yeah, I know, no pressure for us who don't get paid. but hell, the fans await...how old are you anyway?

I learned through self-study, and most likely because we had a Japanese class during high school, which I was an active participant of. since then, I've gone otaku and stuff then decided to fully go into translation. I never thought I'd have this much projects as I have now because I just did manga translation as a way to practice (well now, it's just at first...)

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah, I know, no pressure for us who don't get paid. but hell, the fans await...how old are you anyway?

I learned through self-study, and most likely because we had a Japanese class during high school, which I was an active participant of. since then, I've gone otaku and stuff then decided to fully go into translation. I never thought I'd have this much projects as I have now because I just did manga translation as a way to practice (well now, it's just at first...)
Old. Like College graduate old. Old enough to have a family old.

Yeah I leaned through self study in high school myself. I really only started translating when I saw that Law of Ueki plus (by Fukuchi Tsubasa, Anagle Mole's mangaka), was being ignored. It's the reason why I feel so indebited to Fukuchi, and wanted to get on Anagle mole as soon as it started. I really didn't do this regularly until Gintama though.

Tauros

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Paramitian, reply to my MP please?

paramitan

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Old. Like College graduate old. Old enough to have a family old.

Yeah I leaned through self study in high school myself. I really only started translating when I saw that Law of Ueki plus (by Fukuchi Tsubasa, Anagle Mole's mangaka), was being ignored. It's the reason why I feel so indebited to Fukuchi, and wanted to get on Anagle mole as soon as it started. I really didn't do this regularly until Gintama though.
so I'm literally young now >.< (not that I hate it though...)
it was very saddening not to see much fanfare about Law of Ueki Plus that time. I mean, I didn't even know if it was finished in the Edited Manga stage. but nonetheless, at least Fukuchi-sensei's back with another sure hit...

Paramitian, reply to my MP please?
please read my latest TL's note...sorry for much delay >.<

Tauros

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
so I can help more?