Shounen - The Prince of Tennis by Konomi Takeshi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen The Prince of Tennis by Konomi Takeshi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Welcome to our newly made subforum for Prince of Tennis fans!

We have a translator here, Ryoma Echizen, doing the recent PoT chapters, and a Manga Editor, Sao, cleaning and textsetting them, so I figured it was a good time to create this section.

If you would like to see Ryoma's translations so far of PoT, please go to his Translations forum.

Meanwhile, feel free to start PoT Discussion threads, talk about your favorite characters, and announce any new Edited Mangas here if you like.

Have fun!

Dj^1337

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Prince of Tennis 304 MQ Edited Manga by Sao

thanx ;D

antukecik

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Great job for the great Edited Manga..

sao

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

:D glad to help

xallisto

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Awesome Sao your getting much better :)

nah-nah

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

ne, I'm a little late, but thank you so much~~ <3

imendezjr

Reaction score
Prince of Tennis Manga (Where do I find it?)

hey guys. big fan of this website. decided to finally sign up. ^^ im also a huge fan of the pot series. i watched the anime series which was cool loved every min of it. just the other day i realized they had the pot manga raws here. so i was wondering if any of u guys knew where i could find a place to download 1 - current manga chapter. i did find 1-250 from narutofan but dont know where to find the rest. thanks for the help guys ^^ :smile-big

Title edited for clarification ~ bax

promfret

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Re: Prince of Tennis Manga (Where do I find it?)

stoptazmo.com

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Welcome to MH, imendezjr, have a good time. There are some PoT chapters that haven't been translated and scanlated yet, I believe, but bear with us and we may be able to get them all here soon.

For now, yeah, stoptazmo.com is your best bet, or lurk at mIRC.

imendezjr

Reaction score

thanks for the warm welcome and the info on the manga series. no rush with the translations though. i dont mind waiting hehe. love the site and hope to see u all soon. ^^

blivy

ah you are awesome! if i could make a small request... could you upload 304 on megaupload or yousendit? or any file-sharing service other than rapidshare, which doesn't work for me for some reason :( sorry to be such a bother.

blivy

thanks, that's perfect! :smile-big

Miso

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Thanks much for this nice Edited Manga, sao!

ftabah

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Where can I get from the beggining?

Is the manga much different from the anime?

Thanks! :smile-big

Miso

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Direct Download: www.stoptazmo.com

irc: #lurk@irchighway.net

There is still a gap between vol 11 and vol 13. Those volumes you won't find at the internet. Reason is that PoT was licensed at that time and it has been stopped Editing. Afterwards the group re-began to scanlate but vol 12+13 are still missing. I'm not sure if they even consider to work on these ones.

I haven't seen the anime so I cannot say much about that.

update: this info is old. The gap is closing and you can get those eps with lurk, too.

namikota

Reaction score
Country
Spain

Hi,

well the anime is very similar to manga. The main difference appears during the national season, where the anime ends and the manga goes on. I really recommend you to read the manga, you will enjoy a lot.

:smile-big

Chidoki

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

A group is translating chapters 95 - 114...they are just extremely slow and they only do 1 chapter every so and so weeks (like 1 chapter a month).  So who knows when they will be done.

The spoiler changes between manga/anime...if you want to know.

The anime has a lot of fillers and expanded story, in this case it makes the anime great because there is a lot more in depth plot about the characters and lots of humor (such as the manga's lack of Inui juice or the Prince of Bowling/Billiards/etc episodes or more in depth story). The filler where intentionally added by the creator Konomi himself since he didn't want to just bore people who has read the manga and expect to see the same thing in the anime so he wanted more of the expanded story in the anime.

But where the manga truly shines is that it is completely all about Tennis without any use of having added story.  The manga is more fast paced plus the drawings dynamic angles and character stances are truly brilliant in every detail and styling far more than the anime could imagine.

The battle between Rikkaidai in the manga is a lot better I'd say than the anime (because they ended differently and different techniques were used in the manga not shown in the anime because the anime caught up to the manga where that story hasn't been done yet).  Also the story after Rikkaidai (between 236 - 247) is completely different in the manga not seen in the anime.  Too many differences I'd say.  More differences probably having the minor team and crappy Midoriyama (where this team was replaced by weird Jyosei Shonan in the anime).  And so on and so on.

The major change in the National would probably be the fact that in the manga it is Tezuka that returns from Kyuushu (not Germany like in the anime) where in the anime it is Ryoma that returns from the U.S. Open. (when he never went to the U.S. Open in the manga). Read the rest to find out what happens...it's worth the d/l...

Status
Not open for further replies.