Discussion - The Pro Wrestling Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Pro Wrestling Thread

worm34

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well here it is, the pro wrestling thread.

Talk anything wrestling here. To WWE to TNA to ROH or an independent promotion in your area. To any wrestler in the world. Talk about it.

Have any questions, you can ask me. I may not know everything, but I think I know enough.

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Haiti
I'm not too much of a wrestling fan but I thought I should ask you, who's favortite wrestler ever?

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Well, a very weird/funny news about pro wrestling. My country banned Pro Wrestling broadcast on TV. There was a channel airing it and the show was quite popular with the kids and teenagers. Unfortunately, several kids somehow tried to do the moves on their friends, resulting several cases of broken arms and legs.
Parents all over the country went into a frenzy and asked the broadcasting committee to stop pro wrestling on TV. They comply and no more WWE, ECW, etc. They even ban the dvd and video games.
What i dont get is, how come the show got the blame. What about the parents' duty to supervise what their children watch on tv. And how on earth did they allow their children to get their hand on wrestling dvds and games if they dont want their children copying what they saw.
I guess those kids didnt pay attention to the "Dont Try This At Home" warning. :D

worm34

Reaction score
Country
United States
kadodo said:
I'm not too much of a wrestling fan but I thought I should ask you, who's favortite wrestler ever?
My favorite wrestler ever has to got to be the guy in my sig Shawn Michaels. He was the reason I became interested in wrestling, I remember the first match I saw of him was at Wrestlemania 10 in a Ladder Match. The match recieved a 5 star which is rare. Then I ended up watching another wrestlemania where he faced Bret Hart. It was also a 5 star and it was pretty emotional when he won. Then he proved to me why he is still on the greatest for his old age when he wrestled a guy named Kurt Angle and it's been the most entertaining match in the WWE since 2004.

Though The Rock was entertaining, Shawn Michaels is my favorite, but the best wrestler ever has got to be Ric Flair.

ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Well, a very weird/funny news about pro wrestling. My country banned Pro Wrestling broadcast on TV. There was a channel airing it and the show was quite popular with the kids and teenagers. Unfortunately, several kids somehow tried to do the moves on their friends, resulting several cases of broken arms and legs.
Parents all over the country went into a frenzy and asked the broadcasting committee to stop pro wrestling on TV. They comply and no more WWE, ECW, etc. They even ban the dvd and video games.
What i dont get is, how come the show got the blame. What about the parents' duty to supervise what their children watch on tv. And how on earth did they allow their children to get their hand on wrestling dvds and games if they dont want their children copying what they saw.
I guess those kids didnt pay attention to the "Dont Try This At Home" warning. :D
I actually use to backyard wrestle a couple of times, but then I realized it wasn't worth the risk of me breaking my neck or getting hurt so I stopped.

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti
ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
I agree the parents should somehow supervise their children but you know kids will somehow find a way to get what they want.

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Is it just me or hasn't Hulk Hogan been on WWE way too long. I still remember him back when I was very young.. playing him in SEGA and he is STILL in WWE till now.. although he wasn't wrestling consistently..

And my favourite childhood wrestler was The Undertaker.. I guess The Rock came later on, and he was really the people's man but I'm still a loyal fan of The Undertaker :XD though I haven't watch WWE in years... It sure bring back memories talking about wrestling..

worm34

Reaction score
Country
United States
I remember I gave up on wrestling a couple of years ago because I could take the lame storylines of the WWE. That is until my friend showed me ring of honor, basically just pure wrestling and I love it. Currently I'm watching a DVD I ordered called ROH Weekend of Champions and it's so awesome... If you guys want to check it out, they have some matches at this site http://rohvideos.com/

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Azurel said:
Is it just me or hasn't Hulk Hogan been on WWE way too long. I still remember him back when I was very young.. playing him in SEGA and he is STILL in WWE till now.. although he wasn't wrestling consistently..

And my favourite childhood wrestler was The Undertaker.. I guess The Rock came later on, and he was really the people's man but I'm still a loyal fan of The Undertaker :XD though I haven't watch WWE in years... It sure bring back memories talking about wrestling..
It's kinda funny, but my only experience with WWE is through video games. I've never really bothered to watch the actual matches on TV, mostly because I knew they were just following a script. But because of the games, I do have favorite wrestlers anyway. And Undertaker was one ;)

The Rock came after I stopped playing these games though, but I like his movies, heh.

worm34

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well on MTV, a new show called WSX(wrestling society X) has appeared and I'm actually really impressed, if you want to see how the old ECW was, watch it. It was pretty awesome this week or should I say Freakin Insane.

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti
I did not know it was coming out this week, when do they give it?

By the way, I have a question. A lot of my friends lost interest in wrestling because they said that it was fake. Do you guys think that they really fake. Personaly, I don't think so.

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Gold Knight said:
It's kinda funny, but my only experience with WWE is through video games. I've never really bothered to watch the actual matches on TV
Now that is weird, I tot the video game populatrity was because of the matches on TV :XD I saw one of my cousin playing WWE on his ps and the graphics are now 'real' pictures instead of animation..

worm34

Reaction score
Country
United States
kadodo said:
By the way, I have a question. A lot of my friends lost interest in wrestling because they said that it was fake. Do you guys think that they really fake. Personaly, I don't think so.
Before I answer your question let me kinda of go into detail.

Basically we see wrestlers on tv every week wrestling. We see the wrestlers we love win and the wrestler we hate lose or vice versa. Some wrestle for 10 minutes, some wrestle 5 minutes, some even wrestle for a whole hour, they go to the ring, wrestle their opponent and leave. Most of the wrestlers go out there and want to give the fans a entertaining match every single week. After they're done, they travel somewhere else the next day. They make this their life. Wrestling up to 400 matches or less depending on who and who is dedicated.

Now most people think getting slammed on a wrestling ring does not hurt at all. Well imagine this, hey if you want to test it go ahead, a board of plywood on top of a mattress, now getting someone to slam you on it, it indeed hurts. Now think of it this way, getting slammed on the ring up to 10-40 times. They take so many pain killers that sometimes they even get addicted to it. People think it's so easy being a wrestler, but you have to learn how to take care of your opponent, how to keep yourself from getting injured, so many things can happen and in a instance, you can actually become paralyzed. Ala Droz, who was wrestling D low Brown, who botched a powerbomb.

They're are people out there who liked to call wrestling a joke, not a sport, just because it's scripted, but these men risk their bodies on the line each and every night. It is a career that is risky. So honestly, I do not believe wrestling is fake, I think it's a real sport that deserves a lot more credit than it's given.

They should be showing WSX tonight on MTV so don't miss it. 10:30 E. 9:30 C

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti
That's a pretty good explanation but don't you think it is sometime unfair for a wrestler to lose his match on purpose?

worm34

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well this is debatable, but like I mention before the wrestlers wrestle to entertain the match. Sure losing a match on purpose isn't fun and you might not get the same reaction as the "winner" of the match, but you have to live with it. Most of the times, there are feuds which last for months before ending. For example in Japan, a guy named Kenta Kobashi lost his first 63 matches, but was very well respected, but then again that's Japan. They're so many different types of wrestling fans that each have their own opinion.

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti
Only had time to watch coupl of minutes of the first one. Great match. I'll probably watch the rest of them later when I have time

Sorata

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I just found this thread and i

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti
I'm glad you found this thread Sorata(worm34 was starting to get mad people were not posting XD!) and I totally agree about the skills of the fighter instead of the habbilitties like you said. However I think that this skill has to do with determination sometimes. Stamina could help someone win a match on occasions but you also have to be skilled.

Sorata

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
In my country they air TNA, but the coments are in portuguese(and they suck), i just couldn´t make myself to watch it, and in Portugal there is no ROH:(, it´s a pity because everyone talks great about that show. And i know that WWE isn´t the greatest show in the world but what can i do, i like it:(.
My favorite Wrestlers are:
Raw: Edge(my favorite one), Jonhy Nitro, Jeff Hardy, Jonh Cena and Randy Orton.
Smackdown: Undertaker, London and Kendrick(as a tag team) and Batista.
ECW: CM Punk, Bobby Lashley, Elijah Burke and Rob Van Damme.

My favorite matches were:
- Umaga vs Cena in the Royal Rumble for the WWE title
- Jonhy Nitro Vs Jaff Hardy, ladder match for the Intercontinental title
- UnderTaker vs Kurt Angle(don´t remember wich payperview, it was before Wrestlmania22)
- London and Kendrik vs Hardys vs MNM vs Taylor and Reaggle, leadder match for the WWE tag team title
- Edge vs Jonh Cena in the TLC match for the WWE title.

Melina is the Hotest Diva lolololol.