The Queen's Gambit | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Queen's Gambit

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

The Queen's Gambit follows the life of an orphan chess prodigy, Elizabeth Harmon, during her quest to become the world's greatest chess player while struggling with emotional problems, drugs and alcohol dependency. The title of the series refers to a chess opening of the same name.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just finished watching this series and it was incredibly good. The acting was superb (all of the actors were great but ‎Anya Taylor-Joy was splendid), the soundtrack was great, the writing and editing were wonderfully made.

I know it was written and created as a mini-series but it left me watching more.

I also have to mention that the outfits Anya wore were so fashionable and so elegant.

Excellent series that I really recommend watching.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Great show, mainly because of Anya

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
She was extraordinary in her role as Beth Harmon. Great actress indeed.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Yep, and she's always a delight to watch regardless of role

ritayong

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I have no words so this mini series is incredible. I finished it in one day.

Last edited:

Tanuki25

Reaction score
Country
Austria
It was good. But I didn't like the part(s) where she drank and took drugs..

terdes

Reaction score
Country
Austria

The Queen's Gambit follows the life of an orphan chess prodigy, Elizabeth Harmon, during her quest to become the world's greatest chess player while struggling with emotional problems, drugs and alcohol dependency. The title of the series refers to a chess opening of the same name.
I've contemplated employing an essay helper https://www.nursingpaper.com/examples/ to enhance my writing proficiency and streamline my essay-writing workflow. From those who've utilized such tools, I'm keen to learn about the most effective strategies. Ensuring originality and authenticity is paramount. I rely on essay helpers primarily for structural guidance and brainstorming, ensuring my ideas remain authentic. Moreover, I meticulously cross-reference sources and use plagiarism checkers to safeguard against unintentional plagiarism. Ultimately, while essay helpers can be invaluable aids, maintaining integrity in my work remains my top priority throughout the writing process.
The Queen's Gambit surpasses chess and turns into a masterpiece across chess. What matters more than the piece on the squares is the game of life to which we stick. Beth Harmon's transformation from an orphan girl to the chess queen is like a symbol for indomitable spirit and enthusiasm. The series is beautifully providing the atmosphere of the competition and the epoch. The captivating acting of Anya Taylor-Joy makes you feel Beth, on her every victory and every defeat, so that you cannot let go of her destiny. This performance is an A+, immaculately tailored with creativity and content. Everybody should go and watch it even if they have never heard about chess.

Last edited: