Other - The Scary Stories Thread! ~* Anything... creepy, goes here >) *~ | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Other The Scary Stories Thread! ~* Anything... creepy, goes here >) *~

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
OK guys, this thread is meant to be like what I believe is the favorite part of camping for many of us: sharing scary stories around the campfire at night. So, come on over, sit down around the fire and do your best to scare everyone!

Let me start by introducing you to the world of shadows... my world... >)

Doppelganger​

It was a mundane night in Leonidion like all the others before it. I had finished my homework and since there was no one home I thought I'd surf the net for a while. Those where the glorious days when I'd stay online most of my free time, being active in 1-2 forums and talking to people on Trillian (AIM, YIM, MSN, ICQ, IRC). At the time I was talking to a friend from Belgium on MSN. Despite all the shadows I've encountered in my life I wouldn't think of myself as a scardycat, so most of the lights in the house where off apart from a lampshade with a dimmer, situated on the far right corner to the back of the room. It provided a low, gentle lighting.

An abstract painting my mother had bought before I was born was hanging on the wall to my right. As I was typing, a lock of hair fell into my face and I casually brushed it away with my hand, at the same time turning to look at my reflection in the painting out of habit --I often used it as a low quality mirror.

I froze.

I just stood there motionless, my hand still in my hair, staring. The shadow in the mirror was staring back, its hands to its sides. My blood felt still and rigid as ice in my veins, my heart seemingly having forgotten how to beat. For a lifetime that lasted less than a second I stood there staring, enthralled and then the shadow came to life. It turned its head toward me in an unnatural, unsettling way, twisting its shadowy neck more than what should be possible. Somehow, though the doppelganger was but a dark, smoky silhouette I could sense that it was smiling at me. I could feel its smug grin and the playful, arrogant glint in its nonexistent eyes, just as I could feel the invisible dark aura it exuded. An aura that hinted at a dark, insatiable appetite. A deep hunger.

Hunger for my fear.

The shadow was cackling soundlessly. An unnerving feeling started creeping up my spine, until it consumed me whole and took my breath away: somehow the doppelganger's wicked, soundless cackling would cause the mirror to crack. It would crack. Any moment now. It would crack and the horrible shockwave of darkness would violently tear my spirit from my body, leaving it cold and lifeless. And then...

...nothing.

The shadow faded away, its soundless mocking laughter the only thing left behind echoing inside my head. Reality came rushing back, flooding my senses. My shadow was gone. My shadow was gone?
Nonsense, a shadow isn't something one can lose, not unless their body stops obstructing the path of photons anyway. I made to raise my right hand, but then stopped afraid of what I'd discover, unable to face the outcome of the simplest of tests. Curiosity however triumphed over fear (as was often the case) and I suddenly raised both of my hands in the air flailing wildly.

Nothing.

Panicked I stood up and rushed to the painting. As any high school physicist would have predicted, there my reflection stood imitating my every motion, as usual. I went back to my father's desk and my shadow was gone again. Something was amiss, but I was starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I stood up again and inspected the desk and its surroundings. Suddenly everything made sense. Well, almost everything. My father had moved the desk closer to the west wall, so the painting could no longer function as a mirror while I sat there.

But when was the desk moved? How long had I been staring at a false shadow for...?

Aaaaand, that was my first scary story! I'll share more stories involving the shadows and myself in the future, provided there's enough interest (1 person is enough ). For the time being, I urge you all to share your own scary stories!!

Last edited:

KOLE

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Re: The Scary Stories Thread!! *Not for the faint of heart*

Good story, I really liked it. Unfortunately I don't have any scary stories to write :(

nytrogyn

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

good.. good..

bebong

Reaction score

freaky..

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Meehh. You scared the crap out of me, Anax. XD Hope to read more scary stories from you. ^_^ Do you write fanfics? Because you seem to be such a good writer. If you do, I'll be you beta test reader! :nuts

[edit]

OH LAWD!!! :bored I need to poop and I'm scared to go into the toileettt! *wails*

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece

As a matter of fact I don't write fanfics... Not for some particular reason, it's basicly that manga are new to me. Hmm, there was this one time when a friend and I tried to make a story... it kept us occupied for a while :amuse

Here's another story I've written (and dumped the post, not attending to it at all when it's so full of all sorts of horrible mistakes). It is in fact a true story :tem

As for more scary stories... I do want to, it's just that sometimes life seems to run so fast you can't catch up to it...
Thalia said:
"Later" leads to the land of "Never"

ShgnLW

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Something really creepy...

My refrigerator is possessed by an evil spirit.

Two days ago I grabbed a pack of yogurt. I looked at the durability date: 06-06-06. pff, pretty creepy, but the yogurt tasted good :D
After that, I picked a pack of yogurtdrink (I love yogurtdrinks). Guess what: durability date 06-06-06.

Creepy, but it goes even further.

That evening, I picked a pack of pot cheese (thick yogurt) out of the refrigerator. Durability date: 06-06-06.
aaawww....

It goes even FURTHER!!!

yesterday, I picked a bag of baguette out of the freezer. Guess what, durability date 06-06-06.

Hahahah, today again,
I got a mail from my drive instructor (i failed my drivers exam previous tuesday :(). If I buy a block of 2 hours (2 hours driving) I only have to pay €66,66 for it, because on 06-06-06 they exists 6 years.
I now pay €375 per 20 half hours, this is equal to *gulp* 6,66 lessons of 1,5 hours.

this is not all:

When I entered this site, the first thing I saw was 666 Satan Chapter 29 by Rush!

Damn, this is creepy...... a few months ago I was writing a paper and that paper had, when I finished it 666 words...

Kickmeister

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Re: Something really creepy...

Damn! That's like.. really weird.. must be some sort of sign! Please tell me if the number 666 suddenly appear on your skin aswell.. Cuz then you've probably gotta use some sort of exorcism or sumthin like that!.. Peace out!

ShgnLW

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Just checked and nope, no 666 on my skin :p

Guess that most people here think I bullshit, but it is really true.
Tried to make a photo but the batteries in my camera are probably empty. Maybe tomorrow.

Oh yeah, the durability date on the pack of pot cheese was not 06-06-06, bu 03-06-06 ;) detail :D

jabbament

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

My first job ever was working Drive-Thru at Arby's, and every single day, at least once, I would have a total $6.66 for a customer. Most of the times, the customer would give $7.00 and say, "I don't want the change...its taboo!".

So, I believe you. 666 does repeat itself in all sorts of things...like Bill Gates' name in ASCII!

B = 66, I = 73, L = 76, L = 76, G = 71, A = 65, T = 84, E = 69, S = 83, I = 1, I = 1, I = 1

Add them up, and yep. 666.

(By the way the 3 I's at the end are because his name is William Henry Gates III, so using Bill Gates III you get the number 666). I know this is an old joke, but its still damned funny when you think about it...if you hate Microshit as much as me. ;)

Mimerich

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Aland Islands

the anti Christ has arrived! :tem

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece

The poll about a rep system for MH will be closing on 06-06-06! Funniest thing ever? I had that poll in mind for a few days but the universe conspired and I didn't make it before that fated day, plus Taylor mentioned leaving it open for two months... The world is a funny place to live in :grin By the way, have you guys ever thought that it could be us creating those phenomena? They could be the effect of our thought on reality! Mind over matter, thinkforms etc. Just think about it.

Kusachu

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

The human body is made mostly of carbon which has 6 protons, 6 neutrons, and 6 electrons!! O.O XD

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

"The Omen" is opening on 6-6-6 :eyeroll

Daioten

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Lol.. my sister is graduating from high school on 6-6-6. :blink

jabbament

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

For you math geeks out there, found this:

39² = 1521

Break that up:
15² + 21² = 666

Add them together:
15 + 21 = 36

Add 1-36 and:
1 + 2 + 3 ... 35 + 36 = 666

ShgnLW

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

w00t, I did not know that bill gates joke, pretty creepy...

More:

My g/f has an exam on 6-6-6

I recently made a new friend, his birthday is on 6-6-6 (he turns 21)

Adam_xx

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Im scared now... O_O

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada

LOL @ Ken chan. XD

HAHA XD

I was gonna say that. The Omen. I saw the movie poster today while going to see X Men, and found it funny. XD

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece
The "Something really creepy..." thread has been merged with the "Scary stories thread" to create a more general thread for you guys to post anything scary (as you've been doing so far) so... Enjoy! :grin