Discussion - The Search for Straw-Hat's New Nakama Part 4 - Zou Arc edition. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Search for Straw-Hat's New Nakama Part 4 - Zou Arc edition.

As we move on to Zou, who is the potential "Nakama" to join the Straw Hat?

• Wanda, Dog Mink (female)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blackback, Gorilla Mink (male)

• Sicilian, Lion Mink (male)

• Duke Inuarashi, Dog Mink (male) - "Ruler of Day"

• Kanjuro, Samurai

• Total voters

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [thread=3001177]here[/thread].

Previous Poll results: Dressrosa arc

Koala---------------------------------------------------2 (0.76%)
Kyros aka Toy Soldier--------------------------------4 (1.52%)
Cavendish----------------------------------------------4 (1.52%)
Caesar--------------------------------------------------5 (1.90%)
Leo------------------------------------------------------7 (2.66%)
Sabo----------------------------------------------------8 (3.04%)
Momonosuke------------------------------------------8 (3.04%)
Wicca--------------------------------------------------10 (3.80%)
Kinemon + Momonosuke---------------------------12 (4.56%)
Kinemon-----------------------------------------------13 (4.94%)
Bellamy------------------------------------------------14 (5.32%)
Law-----------------------------------------------------14 (5.32%)
Violet---------------------------------------------------15 (5.70%)
Rebecca------------------------------------------------22 (8.37%)
Bartolomeo--------------------------------------------53 (20.15%)
None------------------------------------------------72 (27.38%)

Last edited:

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Re: The Search for New Straw-Hat Nakama - 4th Edition - Zou Island arc - Part 1

Thanks everyone for sharing actively in the last "nakama search". I have truly enjoyed myself in the discussion. You guys are really good thinkers. :super

As the Edition 3 comes to an end along with Dressrosa arc, we shall continue our discussion in the new arc - Zou.

Before we start, you can see (as above) the results of the last poll and the highest vote was "None". I guess we are all correct since no one has joined the StrawHat crew yet. Perhaps we may see some potential candidates in this new arc?

I'm not putting a poll yet since the arc has only begun and we will wait for more "names" as we go along with our discussion. By then we will get our polling up.

Now without further ado let's start our discussion rolling .................... :yay

Deleted member 182576

a minkmen! or a minkwomen! hahaha.
and ceasar Clown should be defintly in the poll. or maybe raizou? :O
or maybe the elephant! haha no that would be absurd.
is it official that the next arc is called Zou?

strawhatcrew

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa

raizo the ninja.. im calling it now xD

sameel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India

Raizo the ninja. crew role- lookout/assassin/scout

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe

Hmm.... I think I will start gathering names for the next potential new nakama of StrawHat.

We have ....

1. Carrot, Rabbit Mink (female)
2. Wanda, Dog Mink (female)
3. Pekoms, Lion Mink (male)
4. Blackback, Gorilla Mink (male)
5. Duke Inuarashi, Dog Mink (male) - "Ruler of Day"
6. Master Nekomamushi, Cat Mink (male) - "Ruler of Night"
7. Caesar Clown
8. Kinemon, the samurai
9. Kanjuro, the samurai
10. Raizou, the ninja
11. Momonosuke

Last edited:

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

Jinbei should be in as well.

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco

Jinbei should be in as well.
Jinbei was already featured in previous editions, and he was chosen to be next nakama. He will eventually join. I don't see the point in adding him in this one, when he's not even confirmed to appear in this arc...

Last edited:

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: The Search for Straw-Hat's New Nakama - 4th Edition - Zou arc

Actually the elephant would fit quite well in the nakamasystem on the grandline

Chopper -> Robin -> Franky -> Brook

Young -> Middleage -> older-> old

small -> well build -> larger -> even larger

the elephant would be larger + older then brook (also he could fight san juan wolf :D)

Stiltzkin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

MINKMEN!

A WHITE TIGER MINKMEN!

and I'm still stick with this picture
look at bottom right, its white tiger minkmen!

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

Jinbei was already featured in previous editions, and he was chosen to be next nakama. He will eventually join. I don't see the point in adding him in this one, when he's not even confirmed to appear in this arc...
I thought it was simply a list of potential nakama and who joins next? He wasn't exactly confirmed to appear in dressrosa arc (and he didn't either). So previous participants don't apply? Just trying to understand.

Arsen

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Croatia

If Oda intends to add new nakama(s), I really hope we will get someone in this arc. I don't know why but I am not fond of nakama joining too late in the overall story, I want them to be long enough in the story to properly feel their contribution to the Strawhats.

That's why I was never excited for the possibility of Jinbei joining the crew. I just don't see him yet as a Strawhat compared to the other crew members and the way they got into the the crew, with their sad background stories and wishes what to achieve and become in the future. Of course Oda might change my mind depending what he does with his character in the end.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire

MINKMEN!

A WHITE TIGER MINKMEN!

and I'm still stick with this picture
look at bottom right, its white tiger minkmen!
From what we have seen, that's not what a minkmen looks like. That tiger would be just a talking animal similar to Bepo. Minkmen are humans of a different race like fishmen.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I'm probably the only one who wants to see Weeble join. His strength is one reason, but more than that i want him to join because of his simplistic nature. With how easy he looks at things he would be a perfect fit into the crew. And he would probably be a good guy if he wasn't being manipulated by his "mother".
He needs good friends to achieve his true dream, defeat Blackbeard.

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco

I thought it was simply a list of potential nakama and who joins next? He wasn't exactly confirmed to appear in dressrosa arc (and he didn't either). So previous participants don't apply? Just trying to understand.
....given that he pretty much confirmed from his own mouth that he will join in FI, but only after he finishes his business with BM, I really don't see what is there to add.

I don't see the point of debating this over and over again. He will join eventually, unless Oda has some other plans for him.
As for what this thread was for, it's just to debate POTENTIAL candidates that could eventually join, it doesn't have to be accurate.
We have to keep things as fresh as possible, by including characters that are appearing in whatever arc we're in. There's no point in including past characters, who in Jinbei's case already had his chance to be featured in the FI edition. If we're going to include each time characters that may not appear, we might just as well include Vivi and all those who helped the SHs in the past....which is ridiculous.
As far as I'm concerned the Jinbei issue was already dealt with, now if he were to appear in this arc he might be featured. Because right now he's not relevant, if you noticed each thread features the arc that is currently going on. Right now it's the Zou arc, although this is just a temporary name.
Now I know that everyone can't stop thinking about Jinbei joining, but you can all be sure that it won't happen for good till Jinbei has dealt with his unfinished business. In the meantime each arc there's a number of characters who look like potential SHs. So we can't just keep focusing on Jinbei who may or may not join, and nothing prevents someone else from joining before him.
I hope this is the last time I have to explain this. If Jinbei doesn't appear in this arc he won't be featured. I hope I made myself clear.
[mod=ladylola]This thread is only for characters that are relevant to the current arc.We'll keep the polls updated as the arc progresses.[/mod]

Last edited:

Stiltzkin

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

From what we have seen, that's not what a minkmen looks like. That tiger would be just a talking animal similar to Bepo. Minkmen are humans of a different race like fishmen.
I thought Bepo and Pekoms are minkmen too :huh

and I thought Law leaves Bepo on Zou was not a mere coincidence, as Zou was Bepo's hometown​

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
No, they are animals. Bepo even asked if there could be female bears in Amazon Lily. He is either an actual bear or has a fetish for other species.

Stiltzkin

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
No, they are animals. Bepo even asked if there could be female bears in Amazon Lily. He is either an actual bear or has a fetish for other species.
yes, thats why I thought Bepo was a polarbear minkmen
minkmen only has interest with another minkmen
same with Bepo who only interested with another bear :hmm

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

I'm probably the only one who wants to see Weeble join. His strength is one reason, but more than that i want him to join because of his simplistic nature. With how easy he looks at things he would be a perfect fit into the crew. And he would probably be a good guy if he wasn't being manipulated by his "mother".
He needs good friends to achieve his true dream, defeat Blackbeard.
Not really. Well not that I want to see him join but I've considered it. We know too little about him for now though. He's rather simplistic and is being manipulated for the most part. Plus he has a goal as well as is pretty powerful. Still not sure if he'd belong in the SHs but my opinion may change as we get to know more about him.

@ladylola
Right...it was a genuine question and I do already know about Jinbei's situation and him saying he'd join. It's nothing to do with being unable to stop thinking about Jinbei. I made a suggestion and simply wanted to know who qualifies to be in the list since I'm not familiar with how this goes.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe

Not really. Well not that I want to see him join but I've considered it. We know too little about him for now though. He's rather simplistic and is being manipulated for the most part. Plus he has a goal as well as is pretty powerful. Still not sure if he'd belong in the SHs but my opinion may change as we get to know more about him.

@ladylola
Right...it was a genuine question and I do already know about Jinbei's situation and him saying he'd join. It's nothing to do with being unable to stop thinking about Jinbei. I made a suggestion and simply wanted to know who qualifies to be in the list since I'm not familiar with how this goes.
Thank you Holt for bringing up the question for clarification.

I am not ruling out the possibility of Jinbe joining the StrawHat as I believe he may have a role to play in this arc in Zou or elsewhere in the future. We will see how Oda presents his story and where he places the characters. Hence, I have put Jinbe in the "KIV list".

In fact, even though it seems (almost) positive that Jinbe would join, but we can't just say it's 100% guaranteed that he will join till he truly joins. We must understand that the author can play about with his story in whatever way he wants and he (and his editors) may adjust the storyline as they go along. Oda doesn't work alone. Yes, he is the author of One Piece, but his editors do have some influences in the way the story is presented before it is even "approved" to start working on it. What I do know is that mangaka(s) and editors always work hand-in-hand and it can be before, during and after the "name" is being created. The term "name" in the manga sense is the creating of a draft of a particular chapter (for example). Therefore, once the editors give green light to the "name", then that's where the mangaka and assistants start working on it. That's how we, readers, get the story in chapters week after week, or month after month, depending on if it's a weekly or monthly issue.

Of course, all companies have their own unique way of working but it shouldn't be too far from the fundamental.

:) :) :) :)

Now pertaining to the new nakama, I will update the "potential nakama list" on the first page of this thread (post #6) as we continue to look out for potential candidates. We may not have much information about the characters we see now since this is only the beginning of a new arc. But we will be able to see more characters and their info as the story goes along and there are a lot for us to explore. :^_^

Let's keep our heads up. :^_^