Predictions - The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama Part 5 - Totto Land Arc / Whole Cake Island Arc | Page 18 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama Part 5 - Totto Land Arc / Whole Cake Island Arc

Who's the Next Mugiwara Nakama, and what will be the role in Straw Hat Pirates?

• Carrot

• Caesar Clown

• Charlotte Purin

• Jinbe

• Marco

• Pedro

• Pekoms

• Wasatsumi

• Others - please specify

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.

bufferunderrun

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
tragic past is something very easy to add into the storyline at any stage... sanji has two of them.... zoro has none, i dont think his childhood friend falling down the stairs counts much as tragic... we can see a tragic past of Carrot easily added at some stage in the storyline.... not that I think she's gonna be nakama though..

Pekoms would rather join back Pedro and gang and go on a hunt for poneglyphs and travel the world.... they'll make an interesting ally towards the end.
to be fair Zoro past is only showing him training at that dojo/orphanage but we don't know who it's parents are, why and how he ended up there etc.
Anyway i hope more than Jimbe join for me carrot, pedro, pudding and zeus all need to join to make the SH crew more like a real pirate crew and to lessen the need of external support in every battle they face, plus i hope the minks tribe and the fisherman pirates join the grand fleet.

Shobu_Yoruichi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
to be fair Zoro past is only showing him training at that dojo/orphanage but we don't know who it's parents are, why and how he ended up there etc.
Excellent point!

Zoro's past, it is hinted to come at Wano. In the Samurai land, i presume this loyal and practical swordmen would like to know why this fellow has their National Treasure on his waist and how he got it, thus aside Zoro's actual interest in learn to cut fire, much more other stuff; He will demand training, and then some tips from his past could appear.

Regarding the last nakama, Oda's pov is honestly to include people with dreams, Jinbe is there because he carries Tiger's and Otohime's dream, Carrot just wants to loiter, she can be there, but not for long, Vivi's the best example, she wanted something, but it wasn't a dream at all, thus she lasted one saga sailing on Merry. The most close to become one is Pedro, but i don't think he will join, he tends to be more of an observer to my eyes.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Vivi did have a dream though, but it wasn't a dream that took her with the Straw Hats or even sail the sea at all. Dream for any possible recruit would have to give them a reason to join what will be one of the most infamous crew of all times, and one of the most hunted. Zoro's dream is to become the best swordsman, Sanji's is to become the best chef and reach All Blue, and so on. Joining Luffy will allow them to achieve their dreams because he's planning on becoming a pirate king and needs the best crew he can get, from the best swordsman/fighter to the best doctor, and he's planning on traveling the world, which allows those like Nami and Robin to achieve their dreams of mapping the world/gathering the ponegylphs to learn about the Void Century.

What dream does Carrot, Pedro, or Pekoms have that would allow them to join the STraw Hats? I mean, Jinbei's dream is to protect Luffy, especially for Ace and Whitebeard's sake, and for Fishmen to be accepted and treated equally, which the Straw Hats can achieve somehow.

bufferunderrun

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Well not all the SH have big dream like Luffy or Zoro, take Nami her dream is to map the entire world or Brook it's dream is to go back to the whale, in a certain sense Carrot dream is to see the external word that she never visited, Pedro has a story similar to Brook it's crew has been wiped by BM etc.
Pudding may have a motivation similar to Robin, she who has always been shunned for her third eye now have found someone who appreciate it (plus she is in love with sanji).
Anyway i don't expect or want SH to become a giant crew but more like something similar to Roger and Shanks, something that give them the ability to fight some battles without being constantly outnumbered and to rely to much on external assistance

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Nami's dream to map the entire world would go in hand with Luffy's dream to conquer the seas because he has to travel the world. Plus, she wants to be the best navigator, so what better way to do that than to lead the future pirate king to Raftel and other impossible places to get to? Most Straw Hats have a big dream. Brook wants to meet Laboon, but he also believes in Luffy and wants him to become a pirate king as well.

Carrot has no reason to join the Straw Hats to see the world. She can do that by joining the Marines or another crew. Pedro's similar background to Brook isn't enough, especially when Brook was alone and wanted to meet Laboon, while Pedro has people of Zou. I'll give you Pudding, but I still don't think she'll join.

Given they're going up against the Yonkou, there's nothing wrong with getting external assistance. Hell, the Marines asked for external assistance in preparation of war against Whitebeard. The Straw Hats alone aren't at the level to fight the Yonkou yet, whereas with help they could take on a Yonkou crew or one of the division.

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess this chapter pushes Carrot a little closer to the new nakama line.... Shes still not quite there yet, but atleast theres a possibility, even if its slightly.

Pedro's aspirations to sail, taking Carrot as a protegee of sorts all point towards Carrot possibly inheriting his willl.... Luffy is already seen as the golden boy of this generation, so Carrot may join them.....

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Both Carrot and Jinbe will probably join. Either Carrot joins or she tries to replace Pedro on their island. The former is more likely.

Doesn't Jinbe count as a SH already? There is no time for the "You are now a SH" moment but still.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
yea, i think JInbei is in, only thing pending is a dance or a sake or something, but its not up for debate anymore.

RezzieThaRapper

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anything can be up for debate until this Arc is over... Besides were supposed to be getting new crewmembers one after the other in the new world at some point...

strawhatcrew

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Oh yeah im rooting for carrot to join! with this current revelation i can see she will try to fulfill pedro wish to help strawhatcrew escape alive from WCI. We didnt see much carrot history and pedro yet. Oda maybe will reveal it later on, her dream, her past, her relation with pedro and other minks. Carrot will fulfill pedro wish to be the foundation of the dawn of the world they are waiting for. Cant wait to see what the backstory of her and the story about dawn of the world.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Jinbe's a lock, Carrot is close too.

I had Pedro joining because of his shortened life, but there was a little more to him.

Beatrice

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Since people like to go on about Carrot lacking depth:

Nami had three arcs before we learned about her story.
Robin had her big story after Skypiea.

SoulAuron

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Since people like to go on about Carrot lacking depth:

Nami had three arcs before we learned about her story.
Robin had her big story after Skypiea.
exactly, and now with pedros sacrifice she has a reason to travel woith the strawhats, to help bring about the dawn of a new age as the minks have been waiting for for thowsands of years, carrot is going to take up pedros dream, her peoples dream as her own, just like jimbe did with tai and the fishmen/merman race, its all up to carrot to decide if she wants to do that or not now, personally though i feel that she wont oficially join yet, first we will go through wano, there we will learn more of carrots life and the dream that her people have carried for so long, it is there that she will decide to carry that dream and help bring it to fruition by traveling with the strawhats in order to help them.

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think Jimbe is 100% joining, He arguably already joined actually.

I'd for Carrot to join too. We need more girl on the crew. As for her position on the crew, well... she was shown jumping straight up the mast and looking for incoming ships, so maybe Oda is foreshadowing that she will be the look-out.

Shadow of Fenrir

Reaction score
Country
Iceland
I've said this long ago, Carrot will join this crew. Look how interesting the development of the events regarding her situation. I'm glad to see everyone coming around with her joining the Straw Hat Pirates!

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Er, I'm still not convinced. I just haven't said anything because all my points can probably be found throughout this thread. Let's see if she has a significant fight or role alongside the crew first.

Shadow of Fenrir

Reaction score
Country
Iceland
Er, I'm still not convinced. I just haven't said anything because all my points can probably be found throughout this thread. Let's see if she has a significant fight or role alongside the crew first.
I've been into One Piece for a very long time. We know for sure that G'Oda loves to foreshadow. Luffy said one thing that gives us a nod to what he expects from Carrot. To Choppers surprise, Chopper said that Carrot almost took out Luffy. I won't accept that as a full gag moment, Carrot had him pinned. She took on Zorro without hesitation and again, held her own. Then we see where the power level end, at the boot of Katakuri.

With that said, if you see my post long ago. You'd see exactly what I feel her role would be. I know, the Shadow always knows!

BigBadDogg

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Chopper said that Carrot almost took out Luffy. I won't accept that as a full gag moment,
It was a full gag moment no matter how you look at it. Think of Chopper and Usopp knocking out Luffy & Zoro when they were going to FI or Nami defeating the monster trio when they knocked away Caribou.

Shadow of Fenrir

Reaction score
Country
Iceland
It was a full gag moment no matter how you look at it. Think of Chopper and Usopp knocking out Luffy & Zoro when they were going to FI or Nami defeating the monster trio when they knocked away Caribou.
I guess time will tell. I know for sure they could of done anything with that, but in an instant she went after him.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
reposting a section from 5 years ago:

summarizing the roles

The Captain ---------------luffy
First Mate ----------------- zoro
Pilot / Helmsmen ---------------------- Jinbei
Navigator --------------------nami
Carpenter -------------------franky
Gunner ---------------ussop
Striker (someone who fishes etc.. ) -------------- sanji
Surgeon -------chopper
extras

So with today's role, Jinbei is not only fits the role, but also completes all the on duty tasks in the ship..... Still, Carrot's role is not so well defined... Crow's nest at best, but that's where Zoro would hang out usually..