The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impel Down

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: the Search for Strawhat's New Nakama...

Or: He could go with the SHs, who are going to Laboon as well...sorta. Well, most of them are. Chopper, Robin, and Franky probably don't give a fuck, if they weren't such good people.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Or: He could go with the SHs, who are going to Laboon as well...sorta. Well, most of them are. Chopper, Robin, and Franky probably don't give a fuck, if they weren't such good people.
The problem is, he might not wanna wait. It's been 50 years. And Brook doesn't know that Laboon is still waiting for him, and that will affect his decision alot, since he'll know he doesn't have to rush back as fast as he can because Laboon might have given up or be about to give up. Or maybe he'll sail off after Laboon before the Straw Hats have a chance to tell him, and they'll meet up with both Brook and Laboon at the end when they come full-circle around the Grand Line. I can see that happening. But my point is, it's still very uncertain that Brook will join. Vivi decided not to join because she felt that she had other responsibilities that needed her more and that she had to deal with for the good of the many, which outranked becoming a Straw Hat for herself and the crew. Brook may choose the same thing, deciding that showing Laboon that he didn't abandon him and keeping his promise may be more important then sailing with the Straw Hats, even though they also are trying to get to Laboon.

And besides, I don't want Brook to join. I don't know how he'd ever be able to leave the ship without scaring anyone who saw him, unless Chopper made him fake skin or something, which may be possible. If he joins, I suppose something like that will have to come about. But I think that it would be more emotionally impacting and true to Brooks character for him to decide that fulfilling his promise as fast as possible is more important than sailing with his friends, the Straw Hat Pirates. If he thinks that death isn't an apology, I doubt that he'll think that a need for companionship is one.

Just thought of this, though: What if Luffy convinces him that Laboon would WANT him to sail with them. Assuming it comes to that, and I'm sure it will, would Brook accept that argument? Or would he still decide to go back to Laboon on his own in the scenario I outlined before? (The one where he thinks the promise is more important.)

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

That's a good point, that last one. I dunno if Luffy could, but if he could, that would really be interesting. It's also possible that Laboon wanted to see all his nakama at once, which would include the Mugiwaras.

Another big one: Brook cannot go backwards through the Grand Line. That, and after 50 years of chronic depression, you'd think he'd like to be with some friends, have a nice ship, get food, hang with Nami and Robin...

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States

yeah i would wanna hang with nami and robin and im not deppressed
its not that want him to join i just dont think that some of the reasons that people say he wount join for are wrong
like: he cant leave the ship with out makeing people scared but the crwe members with skin walk around town and people freak a pirate with a bounty of 300,000,000 is really scary, and since he cant leave he could gaurd the ship a job no one wants to do.
i do want him to join because he is so fast.

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

I'm not calling you depressed, I'm saying Brook is. I mean, he even admitted his depression, didn't he? And while people could be scared of him, he's scared of a lot of things too, which would be hilarious.

KiubyVal

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Moldova

I think that the musician( and also a good swordsmen) will be Brooke, but he needs another one or two members, the next one should be a girl because there are only 2 and it is needed a Rogia fruit power in the crew, we already have 2 paramisha and a Zoo-Zoo, but Rufy can't fight all the Rogia, actually he is quite vulnerble to some of them, so the coolest thing to me will be if the next girl will be a tough one, a fighter with a rogia fruit power, like the wind wind or the light light, this will make the crew a powerful a lot.

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

I don't like the idea of a Logia DF user in their crew, it just doesn't seem to fit into the SH theme. Actually, I don't think the newer members should have DFs. Four is enough.

Aokiji

Reaction score
Country
Kazakhstan

Next stop in the fight with the Shicinbukai White Whale Jubai (sp?) a Mermaid that can walk will join them, and since Mermaids are famous because of its singing it will be a Mermaid Musician

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States

no i would have to agree with KiubyVal i want a logia type DF in the crew and atleast another girl in the crew but theydont have to be the same person i would also like to see in the crew a person that uses logia weapons (it could even be ussop)

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

I wouldn't be opposed to having another girl in the crew, as long as Oda doesn't try to be ironic by making her ugly. What I would like in the crew is a guy who's the opposite of Sanji: Nami keeps hitting on him, and he's oblivious.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

I wouldn't be opposed to having another girl in the crew, as long as Oda doesn't try to be ironic by making her ugly. What I would like in the crew is a guy who's the opposite of Sanji: Nami keeps hitting on him, and he's oblivious.
Then he'd have to be extraordinarily rich. But I dunno about that. Sanji being at war with this guy AND Zoro would be a little too much fighting. Nami's Fist of Love would get tired.

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Why would Sanji be angry at that guy if he's not hitting on Nami? Why, because Nami likes him? And other girls like Sanji too, if you remember. Just none of the ones he likes.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

He'd me angry and Nami for not liking him. It's a jealousy thing. And what other girl has liked Sanji? If they did, I forgot.

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

just random girls, in the background, I believe. And if there's going to be new nakama, we've gotta think, what other positions are there to fill?

Willreaper

Reaction score
Country
United States

Luffy has already asked Brook to join his team as a nakama, and Brook said he would like to. He said that he first had to get back his shadow from Gecko Moria though, who attached it the shadow to Samurai Ryuma the Zombie General and Guardian of Thriller Bark. Even though Ryuma is a powerful swordsman, Brook is skilled not only at music but at swordsmanship as well with his concealed blade in his cane. He is afraid to fight Ryuma though because if his afro gets cut he thinks Laboon won't be able to recognize him anymore. In the end Zoro (who also had his shadow stolen) fights Ryuma and actually beats him returning Brooks shadow, then Zoro gets a new third sword from Ryuma who gives Zoro his Shuusui.

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Yes, we know that, thank you. And he wasn't afraid to fight Ryuuma, that's why he challenged him. Twice. He wanted very much to defeat Ryuuma, but he had to guard his afro.

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States

and he wasnt strong enought despite it being his own shadow and most of his moves.

but more on topic

brook will probable not join the crew unless they say that laboon is happy and he will wait for him and that brook should get to his goal before he goes back to see his nakama (and that is unlikely)

and i have no idea what positions need to be filled beside someone who wants to stay behind and gaurd the ship when it is docked.

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Well, Zoro did that before, right? Maybe they need a scout or a cabin boy...and it would be hilarious if the cabin boy was like some bishounen or something that Nami hit on, but he was oblivious to it.

Imperium

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands

lately i've been thinking that brook wont probably join the crew, its the kinda twist oda would pull, and if he doesn't join the crew than somebody from merman island is a definite

Willreaper

Reaction score
Country
United States

Brook might join just because the Straw Hats are his best chance of getting back to Laboon someday. That, and they seem to work well together, besides where else is he going to go? He can't get back to Laboon on his own. But if by some plot twist Brook doesn't join them then he'll probably get someone on merman island, maybe some kind of oceananist merman.

Status
Not open for further replies.