1. New Week, New Contest!

Firstly, a new contest is up; for this week we have the Coloring contest, so be sure to get involved and showcase your skills in digital or hand coloring.

Secondly, voting for the Technologycontest is open, so be sure to vote for your favourite entry!
  2. Sign Up for the Scavenger Hunt is still open, so JOIN UP for fun hunting around the forum!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  5. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!
Get ready for the new Scavenger Hunt, sign-ups have already started, click HERE for more information.

Discussion the seven laws of the seven deadly sins

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by marwanmaj, Feb 2, 2015.

1. eefrit

eefrit He who controls the pants...

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

United States
    ...huh...you know, this actually coincides pretty well with the manga. We haven't seen the fight to the death yet however, but that might be coming up soon.

2. Yakkun

Yakkun Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Germany
    True, that's some good information and so far matches with what we saw in the manga. Closest to a live or death battle we saw yet was Ban vs Mel. I feel like we might get something like this with Gowther in the future.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 5, 2016, Original Post Date: Sep 5, 2016 ---
    Wow shit I just thought

this now puts King attacking Meliodas during the training in a different light. You would expect it to be a total dick move to attack your captain over trust issues and a disagreement but THIS is actually how the group decides on how disputes are settled. The winner is right. King was actually following the group's code instead of going renegade.

Demonspeed likes this.
  3. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Hierophant

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    True, but considering that he was even rejecting Meliodas's position, I don't believe he was thinking about the laws.

4. Yakkun

Yakkun Registered User

Germany
    I'm not sure if I understand what you are implying here.

5. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Hierophant

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    What I mean is that even if what he did is allowed, he was openly showing that Meliodas was not his captain anymore and considered him a traitor so I don't think he had the laws in mind. He was just pissed and wanted answers. But this is my own interpretation of course.

Yakkun likes this.
  6. Yakkun

Yakkun Registered User

Germany
    Yeah that's possible... but who says disputes between members can't be over trust in leadership?

Another case could possibly relate to follow official orders of the captain, which explains why sometimes the Sins don't obey Meliodas when he asks something of them but if he issues an order as the captain they usually follow (unless they quit the group, which none of them has managed permanently so far). This is kinda hinted at by the fact that Meliodas asked them all to go to the capital and get his dragon handle back and they were like "nope don't wanna" or when he told Gowther that they were leaving the capital early on a new mission after Hendy was defeated and he asked back "is that an order", which implies he would have complied but first he outright rejected it as a personal demand of Mel's. Last but not least, when Ban fought Mel, he also specifically told him as his captain to follow his orders.

So, assuming this is one of the rules, we don't know for sure if King was deliberately going to ignore their honour code or not. He could have had the rules in mind despite stating that Meliodas was "not his captain" anymore (which may not be literal but just to emphasize he has severe trust issues).

7. Bloody Sin Luna

Bloody Sin Luna Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

American Samoa
    If I were to say anything on the sins rules my guesses for them are...

1. All Sins must abide by the Seven Laws
    2. All Sins must follow all direct orders given to them by the captain
    3. a sin shall ask no questions about others sin
    4. If 1 Sin is badly injured or Killed the others will fight to avenge them
    5. When two Sins are in disagreement they must solve this with a fight
    6. If two Sins are fighting to the death the five others must stop him. And if only one of them is trying to kill his companion, the others can kill him
    7. All sins must have a sin, there cannot be 1 person that hold 2 sins and no 2 sins can share the same sin.
    Again that is only my guess, I belive that most of this could be wrong.

8. baditz

baditz Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Indonesia
    So... If rage Meliodas and Escanoon try to kill each other, who can stop them ? :D

9. Escanorzoldyck

Escanorzoldyck Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Holy Britannian Empire
    Elizabeth and merlin :3c