Theory The Soul King could be Aizen in a Looped Timeline

Lee.J.Baxter

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, I've posted this in the predictions, but I thought it might be worth posting here...

Due to the striking resemblances between the Soul King and Butterflaizen, as well as ideas triggered by the new Terminator film trailer, I've come up with a theory that the Soul King may actually be a future version of Aizen that has managed to travel back in time to reshape the Soul Society. The Aizen we know could well be unaware that the Soul King is actually himself. Let's explore...

First of all, there's the undeniable similarity in appearance. Not only do they look similar in the fact that their transcendental, but they also have very similar facial features. This would be explained if they were one and the same.

Secondly, Butterflaizen possessed the ability to teleport; if you extend this ability, it would give him the ability to move through both space and time. Given the current state of affairs within the Soul Society, I doubt he'd want to rule it, so the best bet is to go back in time to the beginning and reshape the Soul Society as he sees fit. This would explain the time loop.

Thirdly, the Soul King and Royal Guards didn't really seem to give a crap when Aizen was slaughtering the Shinigami during the Arrancar arc, despite the fact that they could have crushed him well before when Ichibei realised the nature of his Zanpakutou. This could either be because he hadn't bifurcated Yama-Jii, or it could be because the Soul King knew that stopping Aizen would effectively result in his downfall. We also know that Aizen saw the Soul King; perhaps this is because the Soul King allowed Aizen to see him in order to start the chain of events that would eventually create him.

Fourthly, the Soul King's "shell" resembles the Hougyoko, perhaps because it IS the Hougyoko in a more advanced form after having fused with Aizen for thousands of years.

Fifthly, the Soul King has a deep interest in Ichigo and his development; this interest seems to be the exact same as Aizen's.

And the list goes on...basically, what I'm saying is that there's substantial evidence to suggest that this theory may in fact be true!

What do you guys think?

jiraiyanindo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

NoOneInParticular

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

goldsaint

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia

FetherMan

Reaction score
Country
South Africa

MBVC

Reaction score
Country
Bouvet Island

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Last edited: