The Suikoden Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Suikoden Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
hi all! welcome to the suikoden thread! here we talk about all things related to the suikoden universe, so pls feel free to post what you think! :XD

here's a really reliable info source:
http://www.suikosource.com/

aw man....oh well...i guess i'll start it off...

fave chars:

GS1: Viktor, Flick, Ted, Gremio, Hix, Tengaar
GS2: Viktor, Flick, Jowy, Shu, Georg, Sheena, Hix, Tengaar
GS3: Geddoe, Ace, Nash, Wyatt, Thomas
GS4: Kika, Ted, Ramada
GS5: Georg, Sialeeds, Kyle, Lyone, , Lucrecia

best unite combo in my opinion: Warrior's attack (Hix & Tengaar). why? becuase of Hix's excertion rune. each suceeding unite atk becomes more powerful than the previous.

best GS game: Genso Suikoden II

fave rune: the night rune, aka the star dragon sword/ dragon king sword

all time fave char: Viktor

ok! now start posting!!!!!

Last edited:

Venom65437

I love Suikoden, 3 is my favorite. I'll add more later...

rai-chu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I like Suikoden 2,3 and 5.
I hate Suikoden 4.

My favorite characters are: Hugo, Sasarai, Hero (V), Chris, Lucretia, Roy, Futch,Viki

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
yay! a new post! now if the gawkers just posted.....

sahugani

Now 20% Cooler
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
sorry it took me so long to get around to posting in this thread. Suikoden is quite possibly my all time favorite gaming storyline, so i just can't wait to get back home to get in some replay value.

S2 - BEST STORY EVER!!!! plus i just love Bob the werewolf to death and have been hoping to see a return of his race since i played the game
S3 - second in story but favorite in playability. i loved the trinity system and the mounted forces
S1 - damn good game and made us fall in love with Ted
S5 - I liked it alot and it was a bit of a return to the earlier games in many aspects
S4 - It gets alot of shit, but it wasn't really a bad game. i found the HQ ship pretty cool. the only real issue i have ARE THE NAY-KOBALDS...you know what mean

in terms of what i'm hoping for in future installments, as i already mentioned, i want the return of the lycanthropes. I'm also looking forward to some closure for Yuber/Pesmerga and their past

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
@Shaugani- just though you should know...i expected to see koalas when i clicked at the link :crying.....the nay-kobolds are kinda freaky at first....but they're kitties....and i like kitties! :XD

sahugani

Now 20% Cooler
Reaction score
Country
United States
yes my "meet the mods" thread is not literally about koala bears, but i find Mitch Hedberg much more lovable

ya nay-kobald are cute and sweet, but outside of the different fur patterns, every single one of them is exacty the same. with the kobald and other races, each one felt like an individual and actually had character. i even liked the beavers more than these guys...and i love cats

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
koalas FTW! but still... kitties>koalas

the nay kobolds were kinda ok...but i agree that the beavers did play a more significant role as compared to the nay-kobolds....

sahugani

Now 20% Cooler
Reaction score
Country
United States
kitties>koalas
thats only cause you can't own koala bears as pets

as for the races, i'd kinda like to get away from the identical-charactered vest-wearing bundles of fluff as they get me a little bit angry. another group of characters i'd like a comeback for are the wingers. probably the biggest reason i like S2 best is the immense diversity of characters with so many different races of people. next to S2, S3 was the best one to hold true to that diversity, hence it being second in my book

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
hm, GS3 did have some similar races....landis being the only winger.....lol....i wanna see the vampires again...even if it is just sierra left.....she was kinda cute....and yeah, i wanna see the wingers again! they played a very important role in saving lakeside!

@Koalas- but kitties go meow...koalas make weird grunting noises....still cute though!

i'm gonna go and horse around with my band now, later!

Last edited:

Venom65437

Sorry I haven't said much about a specific game, I haven't played them in a while, and we don't have a discussion going on about any one game really.

Also, I haven't beaten 4, 5, or Tactics, I'm awful, I know!!

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I LOVE Suikoden 3. It's one of the few games I can replay for fun. Geddoe kicks all kinds of ass.

The others are just okay (maybe I got too spoiled by the graphics in Suikoden 3, because I played it first.) Haven't played Suikoden 4 or 5 though.

Jester_Rogue

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have only played the original Suikoden and a demo of Suikoden 4, I even have the game I wonder if it is wrth any cash cause i need some deperately

Status
Not open for further replies.