The Super Mario Bros. Thread! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Super Mario Bros. Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Of course, the most well-known, and popular, video game franchise of all time. Shouldn't it deserve a thread, too?

If you're a Super Mario Bros. fan, have fun in this thread discussing all the games.

Super Mario Bros., the first game, was the first console game I ever played, on the ancient Nintendo. I've played Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, and Super Mario World. That's it though - I never did get the Nintendo 64, Gamecube, etc. So I can't really talk too much about the newer games, but you guys can here.

Questions:

What was your first Mario game you played?
What was your favorite Mario game?
What was your favorite memory from playing the series?

zypher

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
1. Super Mario Bros on NES
2. Super Mario 64 or Paper Mario
3. When i juped over Bowser to hit the axe to save princes Peach

Venom65437

1. Super Mario Bros. on the NES... but I think most people around our age will say this. For a lot of people, SMB was the first game they ever played
2. Super Mario Bros. 3 (One of my top 5 favorite games of all time)
3. Probably beating Bowser in SMB 3, unlike the original, it was the only time you fought him, and when I first got the game, it was a hell of a battle. Nowadays, I just play with him till I get bored. Haha.

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

The very first one, on Nintendo. I love it XD the first level was so easy, and the second level underground used to scare me. I always thought something was going to come out of nowhere and eat me or something XD

Hm, it was the one on Super Nintendo where you walked on maps to play levels and certain spots had things like slot machines to get feathers or a cape to become a racoon and stuff XD

Playing with a good friend of mine all summer. We'd stay at her beach house and play on it whenever we weren't on the boat :D

Venom65437

My dad NEVER beat the first level of Super Mario Bros. Haha, so pathetic.

zypher

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
are you serius??
does he has only one hand or something??

Venom65437

Well my parents are very old, and my dad is dead now... he could never make the last jump in the level. I used to laugh at him forever. My mother can get all the way to world 1-3!

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
That game WAS tough, though. I don't think my dad could get past the first stage either. In fact I think that's why he never wanted to play action games again, he was all RPGs after that.

SMB did give me a lot of headaches too. But it was the only game I had at the time along with Castlevania III and Willow - the first three games I ever owned, heh. (SMB and Duck Hunt came with my Nintendo.)

I had played SMB2 prior to owning a Nintendo, and some Sega games, though. It took my family a very long time before they decided to let me have a Nintendo. Mostly it was because I was always at home drawing or walking around bored. They gave me a Nintendo so I could have something else to pass the time.

I LOVED SMB3, though. It was my favorite. My favorite memory was playing through it in less than two hours and winning it at my neighbor's, who thought I was a genius, haha.

zypher

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hehehe if you would give the Super Mario Bros cassett from NES to my dad... he would think it was some sort of cracker :amuse

Musashi Gen

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hahahaha...Playing SMB was my childhood addiction but now, I realized that will Mario and Luigi ever have grey hair considering they are both older adults during the start of the game? :p

Gold Knight, the signature you are having...is that in SMB3???

The traditional and primitive Super Mario, considering I love the white ice stage and hate the world 9-2 and 9-3!!!

Of course, Super Mario World. I love the way Nintendo placed some secrets for players to find out.

Hmmm...I remember in Super Mario World is that I was able to complete the Secret Star Road, turning the world into nighttime and enemies into Mario-wannabes! ^^" Also, sh*t! I was having problems in solving the mystery of Choco Island, in getting into the backdoor of Bowser's palace, and in searching the stage where there is some monsters I never meet...due to the fact that I eat while playing, causing cheese crumbs attracting the multitude of ants... :mad

Venom65437

GK... your friend thought you were a genius? How stupid was he? :D

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
It was a 60-year old lady who was obsessed with SMB and Tetris, haha. She was a friend of my mom's and we often visited her a lot and she had never seen SMB3 before, so asked me to bring it over one time.

Anyway... yeah, Musashi Gen, that's SMB3, if you meant the banner in the first post ^^ And I did have a lot of fond memories from Super Mario World too.

And if you don't mind, your Hiruma smiley is awesome, I think I'm going to upload it as a smiley, heh.

zypher

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
One of my best friends grandmother draged me in the gaming world with SMB ^^
I was trapped

ibra87

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
SMB on nes.

Nes SMB and Super Mario world Snes.

It's such a long time ago that I can't remember any. But moments I can remember are in SMB when I once avoided the hammers of the two turtles at the second-last stage. And once when I jumped on a turtle and got 1-2UP's.

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
Reaction score
Country
United States
ibra87 said:
It's such a long time ago that I can't remember any. But moments I can remember are in SMB when I once avoided the hammers of the two turtles at the second-last stage. And once when I jumped on a turtle and got 1-2UP's.
My brother actually has the original SMB on his gameboy SP, and I played it a little while back and hame the same problem with that level >< I hate the hammer bros. They always kcik my ass XD

has anoyne ever played Mario Sunshine or Paper Mario? What exactly were those about?

And Mario party: It's the freaking lvoe :D

Venom65437

I have Mario Sunshine, it's kind of like Mario 64 in a different setting, with a water pack. It isn't bad, but it's low on my list of games to beat. I much prefer the Super Mario Bros. format.

zypher

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
In my opinion Super Mario Sunshine is not so great, it is just a bad copy of Mario 64 with a water canon. But the other Mario games are great.

Venom65437

I tend to agree with you, that's why it's so low on my list. If I had to list all the Mario games according to how I liked them, it would be last.

zypher

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
But Super Mario Galaxy looks realy nice ^^

Venom65437

Well, I thought Sunshine looked great too then I played it...

Again, everyone understand, I don't think it's a BAD game, but it's my least favorite Mario. I'd like to see a Super Mario Bros. on the current gen of systems. And I don't mean the DS, I have that, it was wayyyyyyyyyy to easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.