The Three Great Powers!!! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Three Great Powers!!!

Sorata

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Since in another topic we are talking about who are they i decided to create one of their own.
These are probably the 14 strongest people from One Piece world.
Let´s see:
Marine:
-Sengoku, the Budha
-Aokiji, the Blue Pheasant
- ?, the Red Dog
- ?, theellow Monkey
Yonkou:
-Edward Newgate, the Whitebeard
-Shanks, the Red Hair
- ?
- ?
Ouka Shichibukai:
-Drakul Mihawk, the Hawk Eyes
-Bartolomew Kuma
-Donquixote do Flamingo
-Jinbei
-Crocodile(already beaten)
- ?
- ?
Well after presenting the members of the three powers let´s talk about them
*Will Blackbeard take the place of Crocodile(maybe he will become famous after defeating Ace)
*Will we see Jinbei when the strawhats reach the merman island?
*Who do you thin that are the ? characters?

Mugiwara_no_Jack

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Garp and Tsuru are Vice-Admirals, so no chance to be monkey and dog ;)

alps

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
add the 3 great powers + hmm... what do you say it..."black horse" or "underdog"? ( character outside 3 great powers but have a important rule) like ace,coby (will he become the final enemy of luffy? since they start their dream together ^^)
buggy,etc

JoJoJO

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
I feel like Crocodile shouldn't be on that list because Luffy kick his ass.

Liqiud

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You had a few slight errors in your list. Admiral Akainu, the "Red Dog" is one of the admirals and has been briefly featured in both the anime and manga. It's Fleet Admiral "Sengoku the Buddha" and Kizaru, the "Yellow Monkey" hasn't been featured yet but has been mentioned. As for the Shichibukai it's Dracule "Hawkeye" Mihawk, Donquixote Doflamingo, Bartholomew Kuma, and Jimbei. Crocodile got the beatdown from Luffy and is in prison, so he shouldn't even be mentioned in the Shichibukai. As for the Yonkou it's Red-Haired Shanks and just Whitebeard(no one has called him Edward Newgate yet). So, all 3 Admirals are known; if Blackbeard manages to take down a few high bountied pirates(which wouldn't be a problem cause he's hella powerful) he'll most likely become a Shichibukai; neither Garp or Tsuru are Admirals, they are Vice Admirals; Jimbei will probably be at Merman island...I mean, it's common sense; and it's impossible to tell the ? characters because they haven't even been hinted at. Problems solved and questions answered... no refunds...no returns...Eheh...peanuts...

weixiaobao

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Now that I think about it Jimbei sure sound strong (all of the merman so far are strong) plus they rule the water. So my thought is that if Jimbei was not a member of 7 warlords, then can he be at the level of the 4 emperors. Secondly the Giants' Pirate seemed to be underated. Even though they had nothing but pure power they are a force to be reckon with.

Third, Crocodile eventhough beaten and no longer a warlord but he is one of the stronger one in the Grandline. And Enel will he be show up after his mini quest, he sure is strong. I think there are more people that are super strong but not on the list and maybe not even yet mention (not considered the 7 warlords and 4 emperors)

Liqiud

Reaction score
Country
United States
o_O....I have no idea what you just said, well most of it :oh I did (i think) catch your opinion the ones listed aren't necessarily the strongest in OP and I agree. But I have to disagree with the 'Crocodile is one of the stronger ones in the Grandline'; his former bounty was only about 81 million; I assume he was one of the weaker (if not the weakest) Shichibukai due to being the first major enemy Luffy fought; and there are many people that could have owned Crocodile. Anyway, both he and Enel are irrelevant now that one is in prison and one isn't going to ever come down from the moon.

Also dissagree with Jimbei being on the Level of the Yonkou; there is no way in hell :notrust Yonkou = Shichibukai = WG

Sorata

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I´m just talking about the three great powers, not about the strongest guys, and i just put Crocodile because he was one of the three powers.
And i think that there are Shichibukai at level of the Yonkou, look Mihawk, don´t say that is weaker than Shanks or Whitbeard, the three of them seem to be on the same level(well of course whitebeard is the strongest - The Strongest Man in the World).

Liqiud

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, some of the Shichibukai are probably up to par with the Yonkou. But only some; in order to maintain the equilibrium, some of the stronger crew members under the Yonkou are probably at the same level as the weaker to moderate Shikibukai. Same goes for the Navy; there are Yonkou level officers like Akainu and Aokiji; as well as vice admirals that are equally parred with the weaker Shikibukai and the stronger subordinates of the Yonkou. It's all about balance. That's why the WG freaked when Crocodile got spanked and the successful Shanks WB meeting.

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay, the world never got to know Crocodile was planning to take over the world, and challenge the gov, nor they know he was the BW leader. So his bounty not that much.

And about the yonko = 7 warlords = navy, I already argue my point somewhere earlier, and it was a heated debate I don't want to go through it again.

Anyway, my arguement was somewhere on the forum.

Liqiud

Reaction score
Country
United States
Eheh, I assume your point is they are equal. Because if it isn't then you a blatantly wrong. It states it in the manga :darn -- About my previous post, it was my theory on the balance explanation.

movingstone said:
Okay, the world never got to know Crocodile was planning to take over the world, and challenge the gov, nor they know he was the BW leader. So his bounty not that much.
That was after he was made a Shichibukai and had no bounty. If they knew about that he was planning a Coup d'état in Alabasta and his attempt to obtain the Pluton they wouldn't have bothered with giving him a bounty, the WG would have just sent one of the 3 Admirals to kill him.

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
No my agruement was Crocodile is one of the stronger one in the Grandline
This is how the 3 powers work (my opinion), it is to said if one of the great three powers fell the world goes to chaos, if the world gov have too much power = the world goes to chaos (they ain't that good of guys), same goes with Yonkou and 7 warlords.

right now the world gov+ navy + nation island alliances + 7 warlords > Yonkou

World Gov, different islands nations alliances, navy- made an alliances with 7 warlords constantly battle against different faction of pirates, Yonkou, and rebellions + revolutionary, they also have to look out for the 7 warlords (since the 7 warlords are not that nice guys either)

7 warlords- made an alliances with the world gov, but they have their own plans in mind and not give too much of a damn on the world gov, works seperately with each others (7)

Yonkou- rule over the latter half of the grandline, work seperately with each others (4)

My agruement was the three power are not equal, sorry for not made that clear in the other post, some people said the Yonkou = wgov + 7 warlords, but I don't think so I think the WG > the 4 emperors

This is why the 4 emperors are not united until today (shank combine with WB), secondly the world gov have to deal with alot of enemy included the 4 emperors and yet they doing a pretty good job, the Yonkou was compare to the world gov since they made trouble for the world gov by not attack directly (if they do the WGov will probably win) since the world is huge, they just go around and attack one or two island (defenless island) and then hit and run. And they not even considered to be the #1 criminal.

These things lead me to believe that WGOV + 7 warlords + Nations allieances > Yonkou

Liqiud

Reaction score
Country
United States
Eheh, Like I said, your blatently wrong. The manga clearly states that the 3 powers have to maintain balance or one will attack the weaker, therefor, they are equal. And about Crocodile, he was the first major villian that luffy faced, and he wasn't that strong (because he was the first actually villain Luffy faced, One Piece has an up ladder system), he just had a few tricks.

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
Liqiud said:
Eheh, Like I said, your blatently wrong. The manga clearly states that the 3 powers have to maintain balance or one will attack the weaker, therefor, they are equal. And about Crocodile, he was the first major villian that luffy faced, and he wasn't that strong (because he was the first actually villain Luffy faced, One Piece has an up ladder system), he just had a few tricks.
Ok, I lose. Anyway, Crocodile almost kill Luffy twice, so. If crocodile finished his job right the first two times then luffy been dead by now.

Liqiud

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's one of the tricks I was talking about. He could absorb the water from people. One of the more powerful charaters like Shanks, WB, and Mihawk can beat down logia users with little effort. That's why I called him relitively weak.

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
I see now. like Ace, and Enel, and Aoki, and Smoker are also weak (Liqiud's opinion?)

Liqiud

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ace, Enel, Aokiji and Smoker could beat the living crap out of Crocodile....But again, stronger pirates like Shanks, WB and BB can hurt logia users.

Sorata

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I agree with movingstone, the Yonkou are a bit stronge than the Marines and the Shichibukai, because the four don´t act together, they are pirates, not an organizaton called Yonkou(like the marines and the Shichibukai), Yonkou is just a tittle nothing more.
Concerning the marines, Sengoku is the strongest of the marines, i say that because of the way he talked to Do Flamingo and how Robin and Whitebeard talked about him, what do you think, he´s he at the same level as Shanks, Whitebeard and Miwak????

Navid.

Reaction score
Country
Iran
Sorata said:
I agree with movingstone, the Yonkou are a bit stronge than the Marines and the Shichibukai, because the four don´t act together, they are pirates, not an organizaton called Yonkou(like the marines and the Shichibukai), Yonkou is just a tittle nothing more.
The not working together comment is wrong in my opinion, since when did we ever see the Shichibukai work together and even though the lower level marines seem to follow order and work in teams (buster call) the high level admiral seem to be very independent and follow their own "justice" (Akoji). The only hint at working together we have gotten so far has been between Shanks and Whitebeard meeting (which we all know didnt work out too well).

I think it's a very realistic picture that the higher in power status you go the less you follow/work with others, which holds true so far in One Piece for the top class characters (Shanks might be a pirate and Mihawk might be Shichibukai, but they much do as they please and follow their own belifs)... So in my opinion (I know some disagree) the Yonkou (+crew) = Schichibukai = World Gov (Marines + rest).

Concerning the marines, Sengoku is the strongest of the marines, i say that because of the way he talked to Do Flamingo and how Robin and Whitebeard talked about him, what do you think, he´s he at the same level as Shanks, Whitebeard and Miwak????
I do think that the top level of each group are in a whole different ballpark than everyone one else in the grand line, these include so far: Whitebeard, Shanks - Mihawk, (Blackbeard??) - Sengoku, Akoji.

Liqiud

Reaction score
Country
United States
Navid. said:
The not working together comment is wrong in my opinion, since when did we ever see the Shichibukai work together and even though the lower level marines seem to follow order and work in teams (buster call) the high level admiral seem to be very independent and follow their own "justice" (Akoji). The only hint at working together we have gotten so far has been between Shanks and Whitebeard meeting (which we all know didn't work out too well).
Yeah, all four Yonkou aren't even slightly in any alliance. The Shichibukai are obviously doing what ever the hell they want as goes for the 3 admirals (it's Aokiji btw).

Navid. said:
I think it's a very realistic picture that the higher in power status you go the less you follow/work with others, which holds true so far in One Piece for the top class characters (Shanks might be a pirate and Mihawk might be Shichibukai, but they much do as they please and follow their own belifs)... So in my opinion (I know some disagree) the Yonkou (+crew) = Schichibukai = World Gov (Marines + rest).
They are equal (as I was trying to tell them; AS IT SAID PLAINLY IN THE MANGA :notrust) -- Agreed

Navid. said:
I do think that the top level of each group are in a whole different ballpark than everyone one else in the grand line, these include so far: Whitebeard, Shanks - Mihawk, (Blackbeard??) - Sengoku, Akoji.
The top Shichibukai, all the Yonkou, and the admirals are obviously above everyone else. It's yet to be shown about BB and his crew, but I'm almost positive that they are VERY powerful. Anyone even thinking about usurping WB's thrown.