The Warhammer Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Warhammer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hermie said:
According to this, you can play Empire, Chaos, High Elves and Skaven, with Orcs & Goblins and Dwarfs as Dogs of War. :/
His list of races was for Warhammer Online, not Mark of Chaos, i believe ;)

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
*gasps* :faint

Argh, told you all so, Warrior Priests are teh ownage! ( well, not in the actual game, but they look cool, have cool background, and especially versus Chaos they're DUUUUUDE SWEEEEEET effective )

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
but OMG!!! the graphics the coolness the waywatcher that jumps out of nowhere the... EVERYTHING WAS GLORIOUS!!!

im sooooooo gonna buy that game. yeah i know that the game wont look like that but still, COOL!

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
BoffenJL said:
im sooooooo gonna buy that game. yeah i know that the game wont look like that but still, COOL!
The game will look like the other two non-audio movies, which is *drool*!!!!

Arsonist

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
OMFG!!! That video left me speechless...

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Khal said:
His list of races was for Warhammer Online, not Mark of Chaos, i believe ;)
Dude, it says "Warhammer: Mark of Chaos" everywhere on the page. :oh

svart_lotus

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Mark of Chaos is the strategy game, the only thing i know about it is that there is no dark elves in it, so i dont care :D

Warhammer WAR (by mythic) includes ONLY: Dark elves, chaos, orks & goblins, Dwarfs, Highelves and Humans (bretonia for all that i know).
Hopfully there will be expantions so we can play tombking... yeah, and the other crap :D

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
---
Quote from: Khal on June 07, 2006, 02:18:01 AM
YES!

I was so sad when they stopped the developement because they ran out of funds, and i was SO HAPPY when they continued later!! This is going to be awesome... leaves me with one major dilemma though...

Empire Swordsmen or Wood Elves Archer...
---

Sad news is that you can only play Britonia, Dark elves, High elves, Chaos and orks & goblins. There will probly be some expansions later so you can play wood elves, and "humans" as they say might include Empire also.
An other fun fact is that Mythic (the new creators of the game) dident want to comment if they had plans to make a 40k MMO, they only said "we try to go fantasy, Sci, fantasy, Sci, but our sci game dident make it so we will see what happens after Warhamer: WAR."

This was the post i was referring to, and it was about Warhammer Online, Hermie

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway
I'm confuzzed. >.<

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
ooooh me likie the new biovore... maybe i should buy that one... the death leaper is already planned but maybe the bio too...

svart_lotus

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Good times are coming, first we got a couple of "Cities of Death" releases, like the new venerable dreadnought, Lictor Death Leaper and Daemon Prince of Nurgle. But it dosent end there, all the teams are getting some new models for "Medusa V"! So far they have showed a really cool Tyranid Biovore (Boffen, you are getting that one!), Chaplain with jump pack and some cool new Possessed Chaos Space Marines!
And more is on the way! Huzza! :D

Tyranid Biovore with spore mines

Chaplain with jump pack

Possessed Chaos Space Marines

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
LOL Slaanesh Space Marines FTW!

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
ok now im gonna start playing fantasy. i saw the model for ancient scar leader kroc-gar and fell in love with the coolness.
gonna play lizardmen!!!

and ive updated my tyranids with a new colouring scheme. now they look more greenish. ill try to fix some pics

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
BoffenJL said:
ok now im gonna start playing fantasy. i saw the model for ancient scar leader kroc-gar and fell in love with the coolness.
gonna play lizardmen!!!

and ive updated my tyranids with a new colouring scheme. now they look more greenish. ill try to fix some pics
Wait 37 days before you start collecting though. The 7th edition of Warhammer will be released soon. Oh, and rulewise Kroq-Gar costs too many points to be effective, you could use the model as a lord ( Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur ) though?

EDIT: Rumours say the lizardmen will be downgraded in the next incarnation of Warhammer, and righteously so, they were just too leet to be fair...

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
i have their newest codec and they dont seem to be that over powered but ive heard from people saying the same thing that theyre really good but im not gonna play em the cheesy way.
if you really want to win then its skinks scirmishers with scouting the way you wanna go, but im more for the big boys.
the only skinks im gonna have are the chameleon, and thats mostly cause theyre cool...

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
BoffenJL said:
i have their newest codec and they dont seem to be that over powered but ive heard from people saying the same thing that theyre really good but im not gonna play em the cheesy way.
if you really want to win then its skinks scirmishers with scouting the way you wanna go, but im more for the big boys.
the only skinks im gonna have are the chameleon, and thats mostly cause theyre cool...
Well, my little brother plays them, and it's mostly those Saurus i'm worried about. "Cold-Blooded" is my greatest fear, can't get them to run away so i normally just throw a cannonball that way or make 'me feel the steel of my 1+ armour save knights, kekekekeke ( or was it 2+? who cares, still awesome ).

Chameleons are leet and cool but too expensive, Wood Elf Waywatchers are better in that categorie of units. ^_____^

Oh, and a Codex is called an Army Book in the realm of Fantasy.

EDIT:

Skinks are cool, but dont overdo it with them, a small unit here and there, or use them as a screen for your saurus ( if you play by the rules literally then saurus behind a flock of skinks cannot be seen, wtf @__@ ).

Oh, and Slann MagePriests are leet, they're worth their points, but i heard magic will be weakened in the 7th edition, so don't decide on one yet. ^___^

Kroxigor YES WAI. These guys are worth every coin you pay. Tomb King Ushabti loose in every categorie to them and they're even more expensive ( yet look cooler ). I'd say take one or two three-man units of Kroxigors with you every battle, just dont let them be charged by knights ( can be avoided, their movement is frikkin 6 methinks... w00t ) or charge into warrior blocks with TOO much armour. ^__^[br]Posted on: August 02, 2006, 05:50:53 PM_________________________________________________Btw, having NO skinks sounds just plain stupid, 'cause they're cool, handy and cheap ( something rare in the lizzies arsenal of units ), but kinda annoying to paint... XD

Xenos

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
I have a 2000 points Terminator Space marine army (only terminators, with 2 scout squads as standard choice) i can beef them out up to 2500 points since i have lots of spare models. Its a fun army to play, if you can inflitrate the scouts in the middle of the board, all you do is wait and then teleport all your termies right into the enemy.

I also have a 2500 space marine army with lots of armour, a inquisitor and Space marine captain as a HQ choice. With that i have 6 Standard choice squads with lots of heavy weapons, as well as 1 land raider and and two whirlwinds. All the standard choice squads have razorbacks. Elite i have a vindicare assasine and another inquisitor. Jet pack space marines are optional if i take out 1-2 standard squads.

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
@Khal....... hmmm maybe i should rethink some stuff. seems like you played against them a lot?

@Xenos: wow dude.. honestly it doesnt really sound that fun to play that army but hey everybody likes different stuff right?
what chapter of marines?

Status
Not open for further replies.