The Warhammer Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Warhammer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
do you play? i play w40k, Tyranids. i really like the game if you dont count the fact that i have huge bad luck with dice...

but if you play and want to talk about it or maybe show a pic of your army (i would if i could get a hold of a camera)
this is the place for you!

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Well, i dont play 40K, but i have a host of "normal" Warhammer models. ^^

I'm not exactly a great painter, but i'm improving, and i have fun doing it, so that's what matters. =D

I have models from different races, but mostly Empire ( province of nordland <3 ) at the moment. A little over 2250 points of Empire models, mostly core infantry based, because i just like to see large blocks of fighters <3 - this, combined with the fact that empire models are cheap in points, led me to painting, errrr, a LOT of models though XD

Other that that, i a Tomb Kings 1K points army, though a host remains to be assembled and painted, and some loose models -> a small company of Chaos ( slaanesh <3 ) warriors and heroes and my lovely new Wood Elves, though i havn't painted in a while... =/ I've only painted 4 archers and 13 dryads or something so far... ( the wood elves take longer, because my painting quality has improved since tomb kings/empire, and so has the time i spent with each model XD ).

I have a host of pictures somewhere, i'll upload a few i guess. ;)[br]Posted on: June 04, 2006, 04:50:00 PM_________________________________________________IF i'd play 40K it would be Tau Empire FTW! <3 ( except the Vespids, obviously :damn ). I used one of the new Tau Ethereal models for my slaaneshi mage of chaos actually, lovely new models ;)[br]Posted on: June 04, 2006, 04:51:26 PM_________________________________________________OK, i hate making selections, so almost all picture i have on this computer will be in this file <3

Note; i'm quite the noob, so it's not much, and no, i dont have any pictures of the Khemrians, they suck anyway. =P

RapidShare Links (ZIP):
Empire Army *Heroes (5.5 MB)
Empire Army *Units (7.5 MB)
Other Pictures (2.5 MB)

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
i dont know but i cant find a race in fantasy battles that i find interesting.. a couple of my friends play but i dont know...
i doesnt intrigue me.

but yeah i know about the painting... when i first got my tyranids i started painting a warrior and i thought i looked great! that was like 6
months ago or something. and i made another warrior like a week ago. DAMN! im actually ashamed of the first one. it looks like crap.
during these 6 months ive learned a hell of a lot, when i begun i was basicly just throwing paint on the things but
after a couple of models you learn how to drybrush and that kinda stuff. and i am not looking forward to paint 32 hormagaunts....

but i love modding! i modded my carnifex to make up for all the biomorphs on it and i gotta say im pleased with it!
have you ever worked with green stuff?
its really easy and you can make stuff look really good. but im up for a challenge with my hive tyrant. have to put wings on the buggar...
thats gonna be hard.

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
BoffenJL said:
but i love modding! i modded my carnifex to make up for all the biomorphs on it and i gotta say im pleased with it!
have you ever worked with green stuff?
its really easy and you can make stuff look really good. but im up for a challenge with my hive tyrant. have to put wings on the buggar...
thats gonna be hard.
i know ^^ *clears throath*

Green Stuff is the thing God created the world with <3

Hive Tyrant? THAT is one hell of a job then xD
if you look at my heroes and the ocasional unit champion you'll find plenty of added bits and pieces, and if you didnt see, most of my heroes are plastic, and created out of a host of different models. <3

Check the pegasus, that actually made out of Brettonian Pegasus with part from several empire models for the Captain on top, and almost the entire arm of my mounted Warrior Priest ( the brown guy ) is made of the Holy Substance ;)

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
i just finished looking at your heroes, they look good. but thats the old models right?

*starting next dload*

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
The only old model is the druid minus a bit of Holy Substance ;)

The rest is mostly 6th edtion ( newest so far, but empire has been out for a while now ) and a lot of self-made characters ;)

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
HEY!!! you play a swedish army dude! blue and yellow, swedish colors dude!

looks good! dig the free company

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Actually, i play the colours of Nordland, the province in the Empire that - if you compare the warhammer world map to the real world map - should be the Benelux. =D

( i'm dutch, but i chose the colours before i noticed this, just a happy coincidence )

Other then that, they're the colours of the Suiss Guard ( something like the Vatican Royal Guard you could say, i'm not in the mood to make a big post about their history and values etc - though i am capable of it XD - but let's just say they're the only "army" in the present time that actually wears the costumes my Empire models wear, and in the same colours <3, google 'em up, they're awesome xD )

EDIT: Shall we rename this thread to the "Khal and BoffenJL private warhammer conversation thread"? XD XD XD

EDIT2: Dunno if he's in the picture or not, but look for a rare model of a plastic Halfling in the Free Company unit, that is one ANCIENT model there =P, it's from a side-game based on the warhammer world, something like the 80's incarnation of the Warhammer RPG games we have now. Yes, the D&D type of RPG is what i'm talking about, also known as "playing wizard in the basement" XD XD XD

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
ah, yeah i know who the suiss guards are but they werent my first thought wheni saw the colors..
is it sunburst yellow and enchanted blue?

Khal said:
EDIT: Shall we rename this thread to the "Khal and BoffenJL private warhammer conversation thread"? XD XD XD
lol, lets give it a day otherwise ill change it :p

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Golden Yellow and Enchanted Blue i believe, not sure about the yellow though. ;)

Now where are the pictures of your nasty little xenom buggers? =P
Or did the Hive Mind order you to not show any info on his armies to enemies? XD

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
i need to borrow a camera from my friend and then i can show my buggards...
for some reason my phonecamera cant send pictures to my comp. but i'll talk to the dude
and have em up like tomorrowish

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway
I have 1500 points of Dwarves lying somewhere up in the attic. ^__^

Anvil of Doom + Flame Cannon + Organ Gun = enemies blown to bits before they reached me.

I quit because everyone in my gang lost interest, so there weren't anyone to play agains't. :(

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
hey if youre ever in småland look me up and i'll fix a game for ya! :p

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hermie said:
I have 1500 points of Dwarves lying somewhere up in the attic. ^__^
Typical, if i'm an Elf freak, you just happen to play Dwarves XD

Come over to holland, i'll bust your ass anytime!! <3

Arsonist

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I currently have 1500p Chaos Space Marines
About 700p Black Temlpars (still need to buy some things for that one)
And I bought a group of Ogres for a Fantasy army but my economy entered armageddon shortly after that so right now im playing my Chaos army.

Ask BoffenJL what he thinks 'bout the lovely Basilisk. (I play the Iron Warriors)

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
well my army is 100% close combat and its very fast. but i does suck horseballs when an entire squad of genestealers gets blown to bits in
the first round.... arsonist is a chicken... come to the front and battle my mighty alienmonsters!

(pictures of my army coming up this night)

Arsonist

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I'm no coward, I just just like to use firearms. Besides, there is no way i hell a space marine survives against a genestealer i close-combat so basically it's common sense :p

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Sweet! *downloads*[br]Posted on: June 07, 2006, 01:36:57 AM_________________________________________________Don't kill me, i'm just being honest:

Your painting (skill) is about the same level as my empire army, but applied much better. Where my army tends to look rather dull compared ( and not only because there are NO big talony monsters etc in it ), yours looks frightingly alive ( on the pictures at least ), evne though you have less of a tendency to paint "only the spots you should". XD

So: i spend more time but yours look better.

My new wood elves on the other hand, well, if i took better pictures of them, they properly pwn that alien scum in awesome paintingness <3
( but that's mostly because... i have been painting FAR longer, your skill just evolves over time... My guess is that if you keep in this _awesome_ hobby you'll get better results with the same time of practice ). Blah, hope that came out right. :darn ( i usually end up insulting people when i give a "quality control" XP )

My little brother on the other hand... would just laugh at the both of us... X_X
I'll get some pictures, don't tell him i said it, but... he's just way out of my league. XD ( even though i keep telling him how you cannot compare our two styles - which is true in a way - and we're at the same level approx. )...[br]Posted on: June 07, 2006, 01:46:33 AM_________________________________________________Slann Mage-Priest by Mini-Pim

(for those that didnt know, my name is pim, and this dude looks like a smaller clone of me, seriously... i call him my Mini-Me @_@)

High Elf Swordmaster Unit Champion by Mini-Pim

The green base on which the units are standing in size:
Lizardmen Lord = 50x50 millimetres ( 5cm / 2" )
High Elf Champion = 20x20 millimetres ( 2cm / 0.8" )

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
no needs for killing.
i agree with you im not so good. and its helluva hard to keep the red in its places sometimes.
but i can tell you honestly that i have gotten better over time.
if you look at the three warriors, the one that stands the most upright is the one i talked about.
it looks really really bad if you compare it to the others.

wht did you think of my lictor? the one that was standing on a piece of mcragge terrain? that one i did mostly for fun.
they're supposed to be chameleons so i thought what the hell.

edit: holy shit your brother got skills! the slan mage looks godly

Status
Not open for further replies.