Platforms The X-Box 360 Thread

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Xbox360 Thread

I should preface this by saying, i dont own one of these. I just happen to be friends with a dormmate that has it. What do you guys think of the system? I have to admit, i wasnt a fan of the xbox but something about playing the 360, in HD that makes me like it :p. I love NBA 2K7 (btw, the 2k series has ALWAYS been the superior system) but i always find myself on the losing side when crunch time comes. Gears of War is soo good but insanely difficult on the...insane difficulty. Anyways, what games do you like, are you looking forward to, etc?

blasta

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: The Xbox360 Thread

Wow nice I love NBA 2K7 too and I'm a huge basketball fan. :smile-big Gears of War is great too but haven't had much time to play it but the graphics are just amazing on HDTV and the online is pretty fun too love the chainsaw heh. I think I might buy Rainbow Six Vegas soon and looking forward to Halo 3 like everyone else.

zypher

Reaction score
Country
Sweden

I am not a fan of Xbox either but thet do have some realt great games like Gears of war, Halo and my personal favorite ... Ninja gaiden :amuse

It have good grafic but i think playing PS3 on HD-TV is even more beautiful. Man soon you will think the TV has better grafic then the reality ^^. Right now i am specialy looking forwards to Halo III

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

Ive only seen the ps3 in action on a regular tv and it still looks amazing. (i cant wait to hang out at home with the fool that has the ps3) I have, however, played the xbox360 alot and find that really is an improvement over the xbox. I mean, i cant say why but it just is. I guess having friends to play with and the dorm atmosphere really helps me.

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

NeoShweaty said:
Ive only seen the ps3 in action on a regular tv and it still looks amazing. (i cant wait to hang out at home with the fool that has the ps3) I have, however, played the xbox360 alot and find that really is an improvement over the xbox. I mean, i cant say why but it just is. I guess having friends to play with and the dorm atmosphere really helps me.
I really believe it's because it's the first 3rd generation console you have played. I've also played the 360 and found it pretty fun to play, but I am sure that after playing PS3 and Wii, it won't be as great as I thought it was.
But until now, only the xbox 360 is out here in Europe, so it's been pretty much entertaining to try it. I hope that I will be able to enjoy Halo 3 if I ever try it. I really didn't like Halo 2 or Halo 1, so maybe this console will change my mind?

worm34

Reaction score
Country
United States

I love my 360. I think for 2007 this and the wii will be the systems that will make my year. My favorite game has to be between Battlefield MC 2 or Gears of War. The game I really can't for is Battlefield bad company which should be coming out in 2007.

By the way, does anyone here happen to have an xbox live account.

Seiken

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Norway

Xbox 360s biggest problem for many is the obvious lack of japanese games. I will NEVER buy consoles to play DOA Xtreme Volleyball 2.

But this may be the year all that changes, at least for some. With the release of Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, the RPG selection on the 360 is getting better. At least for a japanese RPG-nut like me! :p

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

why is the biggest problem its lack of japanese games? why should where the games come from matter? The biggest problem is the fact that japanese gamers just dont care for the system. I am a fan of RPGs and all but buying the 360 for those games is a big mistake. Besides, Gears of War more than makes up for many of the systems shortcomings

Seiken

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Norway

Sorry, maybe I didnt make myself clear. :s

It may not be a problem as I said, but the low support from japanese game-developers is for many gamers crucial. Every console has a flaw. I didnt try to make Xbox 360 look bad, but there is a lot of people that will not buy it simply based on its lack of traditional japanese games.

By the way, make no mistakes that I think the 360 is an awesome piece of hardware. :noworry

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

Its funny because there arent that many traditional games because the japanese developers wont develop for the 360 and the fans wont get it because there arent that many traditional games on the system. I guess the 360 is doomed to failure in some markets

zypher

Reaction score
Country
Sweden

NeoShweaty said:
I guess the 360 is doomed to failure in some markets
You just read my thoughts ^^

zetsuie

Banned
Reaction score
xbox live thread

hey this thread is for people who play xbox live to get together and play some games online
so basically put your gamertag and some of the games you play
i'll start
jetskimanatee
games:
rainbow six three las vegas
gears of war-(although broken at the moment)
doa4
call of duty 3
chrome hounds
need for speed carbon

worm34

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: xbox live thread

worm34

doa
pd0
cod2
gown
svr07
bfmc2

blasta

Reaction score
Country
Canada

My GT : elusive36

NBA 2K7
Gears of War
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Dead or Alive 4
Fight Night Round 3

I need to get Rainbow Six Vegas soon. :smile-big

zetsuie

Banned
Reaction score

alright there are a few people with xbox live sweet
[br]Posted on: January 06, 2007, 11:00:11 AM_________________________________________________
blasta said:
I need to get Rainbow Six Vegas soon. :smile-big
and yeah you do need tp buy rainbow six

ichigo83

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

first off Im a humongous Sonic fan, and sadly i do not own a xbox 360. I just played the new Sonic the Hedgehog game today, and IT WAS AWESOME!!!! :clap

abXIIII

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia

XBOX360 ROCKS!!!!! :headbang
anyway Gears of War is the best game so far
I also like Oblivion((Elder Scroll))
and since i like to play racing games i find NFS:Carbon is the best although my friends recommend me to play Test Drive.
All i can say is 360 is goin to keep up with the PS3 espacialy when HALO3 is released.
((That doesn't stop me from buyin the PS3 :p))

ichigo83

Reaction score
Country
United States

the final boss on gear of war is way cool in co op :smile-big

natsu0427

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
anime on the 360

hey just let the masses know adv films is gonna release anime for download on the 360 market place which will probably be the first time that the dubbed version of the anime will be affordable pretty friggin sweet

Last edited:

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I very nearly got a X-Box 360 this week but was forced to spend my money on car tires instead. Still, I did a lot of research on X-Box 360 and it would seem as if they're currently getting some of the best new games these days.

So I'd like to hear more from people who do own a X-Box 360 about the quality of the games for this machine, especially as I'm definitely considering buying one sooner or later myself. I'd also like to know which games are thought to be the best for the X-Box 360 right now, and which new ones everybody is eagerly anticipating. Thanks :)