The X-Men 3: The Last Stand Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The X-Men 3: The Last Stand Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Just saw the film, and: SPOILERS...

( If you absolutely feel you can't resist looking in here AND DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED, PM me and I will put you in a special Spoilers group :p )

I was pretty surprised at some of the risks Brett Ratner took with this film. Very, very surprised. Time will tell whether it'll translate into great box office results or not, but unless they have an amazing opening weekend, my gut says no.

At the same time I can appreciate that they tried to turn X3 into something other than a typical superhero film, although I think they could have done that just as well without
the deaths of certain characters, especially Professor X.
Still, I can't deny that it gave the film some gravity, and I AM glad they didn't have Phoneix
resurrect the characters.

The special effects were awesome, though. The only major disappointment was
Colossus looked fake.
But I liked the nice touch they had at the end with
Bobby Drake turning Ice Man-ish.
My favorite scene by far was
Shadowcat and Juggernaut.
I think the Golden Gate Bridge scene was over-doing it a bit, though.

Beast was also spot-on.

Anyway, please discuss ^.^

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: The X3 Thread

Damn I shouldn't have clicked on the spoiler button xD Never the less I gonna watch the movie. Can't wait to see it. I guess I need to shed a few tears then xD.

jabbament

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You should have watched the hidden/extra scene at the end, GK...Xavior is ALIVE!

I enjoyed the movie. If you watch the movie and expect it to be like the comic books:

You Fail It.

If you go in just wanting to see a decent movie with a lot of action, you'll enjoy it. :amuse

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yeah... >.>

Well, enter at your own risk guys... XD

By the way, I had to go to the bathroom so risked missing an extra scene at the end of the closing credits, and there WAS one, according to Jabbs, and when he told me what it involved, it made me feel better about the movie ^.^

EDIT: Yeah, I should have just held it in and waited for that extra scene XD

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Me too xD *puhhhh* My life has a point again ^^

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'm still disappointed about one thing though:

Cyclops dying as well.

For a legendary team leader, he sure didn't get much action in the movies. =/

I know there will be those who will say - "who cares about him anyway?" He DOES have his fans...

jabbament

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yep. There is, so don't leave damn it~! (I had been holding it in since 30 minutes after the movie started... :p)

And the best (funniest) part about the entire movie:

The fact that their "cure" was only temporary. At the very end, we saw Magneto, in the park, and he lifts his finger to go push one of the pieces and it wobbled because his powers are returning..

And very true, GK:

I liked him...but I suppose he couldn't have done what Wolverine did at the end. He would have just died...although, that scene at the very end that shows the battle between Jean/Phoenix peeling Wolverine's skin off and Wolverine's regenerative powers was pretty cool.

Cyclops would have just died, and Phoenix would have destroyed everything.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
does anyone else think that the "im the juggernaut bitch" was straight out of the fan dub for the cartoon?

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
AH damn GK ban me from this thread otherwise I don't need to watch the movie anymore. *can't resist to look at the spoilers* Okok I won't watch in here until I have seen the movie ( which is hopefully soo!).

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'll make a special group for you, destinator :p PM me when you're ready to come back XD

jabbament said:
The fact that their "cure" was only temporary. At the very end, we saw Magneto, in the park, and he lifts his finger to go push one of the pieces and it wobbled because his powers are returning..
Movie still accomplished its point though: you can't force choices on others, you have to let people make their own choices. And anyway, it wasn't really surprising to me - they're going to make a Magneto movie centering on his youth. They couldn't have him go out in this film on a low note. But I have to say McKellan was awesome again, it was perfect casting for that character. I wonder who they'll cast to play the younger Magneto... he's got some big shoes to fill, though.

And very true, GK:

I liked him...but I suppose he couldn't have done what Wolverine did at the end. He would have just died...although, that scene at the very end that shows the battle between Jean/Phoenix peeling Wolverine's skin off and Wolverine's regenerative powers was pretty cool.

Cyclops would have just died, and Phoenix would have destroyed everything.
They kinda took a page from "What If...?" Vol. 1 issue 27, "What If Phoenix Had Not Died."

Although Wolverine did die there, and Phoenix did destroy everything. But this Phoenix wasn't nearly as powerful as THAT cosmic entity in the comics, so it's okay. Good thing that Wolverine's regenerative ability was working overload, though... something tells me that Jean might've gone easy on him... guess in the end she did like him more than Cyke.

Pretty tragic ending, though, that was another surprise O.O But I guess after Cyke died, anything went... :p

jabbament

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Overall though, it was still a good movie. I'm glad I saw it. As long as you don't go into a movie expecting it to be omgwtfexactlylikethecomics, its a good movie. A ton of action, and a lot of new Mutants, not to mention,
Beast has to be my favorite next to Gambit... :p

And am I the only one that was suprised that Kelsey Grammer played Beast so well?

Ian McKellan was awesome yet again...he's always awesome. Mmmmmm...Gandalf!

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I was surprised that Kelsey Grammer played Beast as well as he did, yes. He's a better actor than I thought.

Who knew Dr. Frasier was such a hidden gem XD

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
nah, i thought that he was the perfect beast from day one. He is just the kind of intelligent man for the job

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I didn't think he was a bad choice either, especially after I saw they stayed extremely true to the makeup of the Beast character, but he did still surpass my expectations. And Beast's famous line "Oh my stars and garters," I'm glad they included that XD

Daioten

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gold Knight said:
By the way, I had to go to the bathroom so risked missing an extra scene at the end of the closing credits, and there WAS one, according to Jabbs, and when he told me what it involved, it made me feel better about the movie ^.^

EDIT: Yeah, I should have just held it in and waited for that extra scene XD
WHAT!!?? I just saw the movie but i didn't stick around... there was an extra scene after the closing credits!!?? *sobs* :cussing

Please... someone tell me what happened!

Adam_xx

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Watching it tommorow, I just avoided all of your posts! Lol xD

asymptotic

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Man you guys are weak, I held it in even during the credits (but go if you need to). Remember that in the credits, all the people listed there helped in making the film possible. All I can say about the film is has anyone seen the movie Akira? And some of the physics were pretty fake. About the extra scene, think about what happens in soap operas?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
For Daioten, thanks to Jabbament:

Remember when Professor Xavior was giving his lesson and they were talking about the guy who was born with a healthy body but no "mind"? And about how, "is it moral" to place someone's brain inside him?

Well, its that same hospital room...and all of the sudden the person who shouldn't have a brain/mind/whatever says:

"Hello, Katherine" (whatever that doctors name was?)

She's stunned, stares for a couple seconds and says:

"Charles...?"

Doc ws Moira McTaggart. ^_^ //DZ

Daioten

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol... Sweet!

Thanks Gold Knight! :smile-big

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Ken-chan.

Ban me from here now. I've read spoilers from IMDB (couldn't resist) a few weeks ago, and I died. So..yeah. I can't stand seeing people coming in here with more stuff. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.