Discussion - The Zahard Princess Discussion | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Each is very powerful and exquisitely beautiful. They are an existence which, at times, defends the authority of the king by the might of their swords, and other times, they are worshipped by the citizens of the tower - Tower of God chapter 33

So with more Zahard princesses showing up I thought it would be interesting to have a thread dedicated solely to them! First let's take a look at who we have seen so far.

Princesses:

• Androssi Zahard
  • Anak Zahard
  • Yuri Zahard
  • Repellista Zahard
  • Koon Maschenny Zahard

What are your thoughts about them and who's your favourite? I'm pretty sure Yuri is easily the fan favourite right now :3c

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
By "Anak Zahard" you meant the mother, right? :p

I like Yuri. I like how she has two faces. There is a fun, laid-back part of her, but she can also be serious when she wants to. And that it is accompanied by power she has, making her enemies crawl before her. Like that with Ren. It was awesome~ I also like Androssi, actually. Although she seems to be wild and deadly, she learned to change as she stayed around Baam. To a more... caring person? I'm not sure if it's the correct term. :3

kdowns

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I'd say Androssi is my favorite one of the Princesses at that point. She was first shown as a stuck up bitch... but she has constantly been developing out of that side of her and into a new kinder side...

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
By "Anak Zahard" you meant the mother, right? :p

I like Yuri. I like how she has two faces. There is a fun, laid-back part of her, but she can also be serious when she wants to. And that it is accompanied by power she has, making her enemies crawl before her. Like that with Ren. It was awesome~
yeah I meant her mother :p we don't know much about her but at least she had the courage to break Zahards rules.

My favourite is definitely Yuri for reasons you already managed. The most impressive part was against Ren, it was the first time I thought "How powerful are these monsters"? XD

I think Baam and her would make a nice pairing :hee

I also like Androssi, actually. Although she seems to be wild and deadly, she learned to change as she stayed around Baam. To a more... caring person? I'm not sure if it's the correct term. :3
I'd say Androssi is my favorite one of the Princesses at that point. She was first shown as a stuck up bitch... but she has constantly been developing out of that side of her and into a new kinder side...
She also went up in my "like scale" but I still find her annoying sometimes, especially when she's fighting with Anak like they are some little kids :/ I guess that's only part about her that still bugs me, aside from that I don't mind her high and mighty acting because that's part of her charm :3c

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Androssi is my favorite.

She sees the world in probably the harshest light of all the characters but she still does things like try and help Anak and Baam. She's not exactly a "good guy" but that just makes it mean that much more when she ends up doing the right thing. And I loved the contrast she had with Baam. Every-time her unapologetic A-moral ruthlessness collided with his gentle accepting attitude it created such rich moments in the series.

Anak is probably my next favorite.

Her strong but immature attitude makes her a powerful fighter but you get the feeling everything else is hard for her. Similarly to Rak, her attitude is simple in a complex world but unlike Rak her life and goals make things complicated. And I think a lot of times this has lead to characters like Lesso and Androssi feeling a little protective of her because as strong as she is in a lot of ways she's very much a child.

Yuri follows closely behind

I love the crazy or impuslve characters so I know I'm going to love her but I don't think she's really had time to shine yet. Clearly she's monstrously strong and not one to care to much about duty and such; combine that with the way Baam caught her eye and you know good stuff is on the way.

Zahards Princess

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite is Yuri she seems so strong, and really awesome. Also because she has the Black March, and Green April. I also think that Yuri and Bam would make a great pair, or the girl from the yeon family and Bam. Sorry if I spelled something wrong.

Monsterguy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
@Zahards Princess

:yay welcome to mangahelpers community, more specifically in Tower of God section :confetti

Yah, Yuri is really strong, but also very cute I agree...:amuse

Well what can I say she's my favorite from all the princesses untill now. I like her peronality, especialy becouse she is funny and can also send chills down my spine when serious...:smile-big

Wow, even your pairings are the same as my favorite ones, why YurixBaam or lately also more and more YeonxBaam, all look like very well suited for each other in both literal and comical way...:)

Oh, about "Black march" only remembering makes me laugh (here, I always remember that "Black march" is tomboyish and Yuri is jealous of her...:XD). I wonder how they(Yuri and Black march) interacted after being reunited again, because "Black march" simply run away with Baam as his lover, making Yuri almost explode from anger...:XD

TheBoss

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I will go with Repellista Zahard xD
dunno why she seems so different from the others characters, and of the princesses she is the one that is less naive( knowing about the prince of zahard and stuff).
and she likes games xD

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't think we know enough of Yuri...
That's why I can't put her in my 1st position...

It would be either Androssi or Anak (the daughter).
I find Androssi way cuter, but again, we don't know much about her.

I feel that Anak is the one that we learned the more about.
We actually know why she want to climb the tower, and all...

I guess if I had to choose, I'd go:
- Anak
- Androssi
- Yruri

But really, without the 2 princesses (Androssi and Anak), this manwha wouldn't be what it is.
Baam, Koon and Rak are cool and all, but those 2 princesses take the cake when it comes to choosing favorites.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
But really, without the 2 princesses (Androssi and Anak), this manwha wouldn't be what it is.
Baam, Koon and Rak are cool and all, but those 2 princesses take the cake when it comes to choosing favorites.
I've always wondered why Jammin thinks so, now there's another fan who feels the same :XD I honestly prefer Rak, Koon or even Laure over the princess. They're good characters but to me they act childish quite often - not a bad thing per se but in their case it started to annoy me. They lack a specific trait that instantly comes to mind too, at least that's how I feel. When I think of Koon (pretty smart, cunning and yet caring) or Rak (funny, impulsive) that's not the case.

So long story short, why do you think it wouldn't be the same manhwa without them?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've always wondered why Jammin thinks so, now there's another fan who feels the same :XD I honestly prefer Rak, Koon or even Laure over the princess. They're good characters but to me they act childish quite often - not a bad thing per se but in their case it started to annoy me. They lack a specific trait that instantly comes to mind too, at least that's how I feel. When I think of Koon (pretty smart, cunning and yet caring) or Rak (funny, impulsive) that's not the case.

So long story short, why do you think it wouldn't be the same manhwa without them?
There are really 2 layers to it for me.

Layer 1: Who they are individually

Androssi is just so complex. She's a charismatic, kind, and thoughtful person; but she is also strong, ruthless, manipulative, and downright scary. In many characters those aspects would be divided but in her it's all one personality. She's deceptively warm on the outside but inside she's hardened by what she believe is the simple truth of the world that "the strong eat and the weak are eaten" but her determination to help Anak and Baam results in a kind of wonderful hypocrisy. I love all that.

Anak is the opposite, she's charmingly simple. She's strong, direct, and fierce; but at the same time innocent and a little vulnerable. Despite being the older of the two Anak is comes across as the more immature because, buried down deep, she's only in the tower because of how much she loved her family and how furious she is that they were unjustly taken from her. She's "tough" but she's not "hard" like Androssi is. And I love that too.

Layer 2: Who they are together

In an odd way, they're family. Like a pair of sisters constantly bickering with one another. For Androssi the connection represents something which defies her world view; being a big sister. For Anak it seems like it represents a piece of the family connection that she lost, having a big sister.

I love watching them fight together. I love watching them fight one another. Every scene the pair is in to me is absolutely rich with good emotional content and general badassery. With no other characters do I think SIU shines this brightly as a writer.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, we recently learned the details regarding the princesses and what their actual role is in regards to Zahard. Which got me thinking about the name hunt events which were largely motivated by escalating tensions between princess factions. And not only that but there was also the bit about mascheny challenging yuri to a bet for the green april.

Realistically speaking it shouldn't be weird for a princess to kill another however now we have seen they have allied into factions and acting on their own. Leesso speculated on which princesses the lo po bia twins could be working with and suggested a couple princesses which from the context seem to be regulars. However in reality they seem to be working alongside mascheny which is a huge deal because she is a high ranker.

So.... what could have happened that triggered this sudden increase in violent tensions? And even if it is not weird for princesses to fight and kill each other, it should be weird that they are working together. Perhaps they decided the best way to solve this is to get behind particularly powerful princesses and help them gather the 13 month series rather than arbitrarily kill each other for them?

I am also thinking that this also had something to do with yuri in general. For a long time only garam had more than 1 weapon. However when yuri gathered the 2 weapons there were suddenly two princesses that had 2 weapons and one of them was missing. Perhaps two princesses having two weapons is what caused the sudden escalation?

Any ideas?

Brian Taboada

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think there is also just a lot of general hate. Here is where I think the Princesses allegiance lie::

In Group 1 (Baam Harem) we have Anak (1) who should be dead because of what her mom did yet Garam (2) helped to save her. Endorsi (3) is hated becuase she is not from one of the 10 families. It is reasonable to believe that Enne (4) the one princess friendly with Garam will likely side here. Then there is Yuri (5).

In Group 2 (Anti Baam) we have Mascheny (1) who seems to not like Yuri. She twice asked for Green April from Yuri. Shilial (2) and Lilial (3) are teamed up with both Mascheny and Maria (4). Pondo (5) who with Mascheny apprehended Enne.

In Group 3 (The Unknowns) we have Andori (1) who supposedly is as strong as Enne but has not professed any allegiance other than to the crown. Arie Hagipherione Zahard (2) who supposedly beat White. Arie Rose Zahard (3) who we know little more other than she is a regular and is maybe in a relationship with Hendo Lok Gladmerry Zahard (4), another little known princess. Heice Zahard (5) who turned down a 13 month series weapon. Yulia Zahard (6) who we know little about.

Then there is:
Repellista (1) who is definitely orchestrating something and is likely not in Group 1 but may also not be in Group 2.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Looking at the chapters, I don't think the princesses actually care about bam. At least when it comes to mascheny and whatever other faction. Given what we saw with yuri in any case it seems kinda asinine that the whole thing would revolve around bam anyways. More importantly, what we saw with mascheny seemed to be about the 13 month series in general....

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The theory which immediately comes to my mind is that she learnt about the origins of these weapons and wants to be Zahard's wife. As long as you don't activate two of them at once, this is not really a problem. Doesn't explain why she wants Green April in particularthough.

I think Androssi is hated more because of her attitude than because she was originally not from the 10 Families. She decided to climb with someone like Anak after all. It's implied that she has a bad relationship with the Lo Po Bia Family since S1. SIU said in an afterword that the twins themselves hold the key to one of the big upcoming arcs, probably the Princess one.

Only 2 of the Regular Princesses can get a 13MS(Dark September and White February not counting Rainbow Undecimber for now), they hate Androssi and a High Ranker is helping thm, they have no real reason to reject her help. But since they are with Maria too, something will definitely go wrong later.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice post. I have a few guesses about this. The first is just that she figured it'd be easier to get Yuri to bet the Green April over the Black March, since the Black March was her original one I guess.

The second guess is that it has to do with recovering the blade from Anak although Yuri has already become known for this so it's probably not true.... although the blade doesn't have an official owner as given by Zahard at the moment is perhaps it's also easier to exchange hands with it???

The last idea is a wild one: its beneficial or people are drawn to have weapons in sequential months. Yuri has the Black March and Green April. April is next to May which Maschenny has. We also know Garam has July and August. This could all be coincidence.

Franckie

Reaction score
Country
United States
When it seems like people are acting against their interests, people have probably failed to understand their interests. Re-reading Garam's explanation, originally the fight between princesses was about status, about wealth, about dominance. Bodies then began piling on up on one another, and soon the 10 families fought one another just to kill each other out of spite. I think there's another ulterior motive Zahard has though. When Yuri activated two weapons, the spirits mentioned they were awaiting "the chosen one", the one who will unite all 13 weapons. So Zahard's other motive is to stall for time until this "chosen one" appears.

Regarding the princesses allying with one another, it isn't surprising. Given what we know thus far, they're probably working together to oust a common enemy. Also, the infighting isn't always stable. At certain points, a princess gains the upperhand, acquires 2+ weapons, and temporarily puts an end to the squabbling. We know this because 5 princesses went on a rampage prior to Yuri's possession, and no matter how powerful a princess is, it means nothing if everyone else gangs up on her. So they had help in securing the 13 monthly weapons. Furthermore, do all the princesses care about winning the competition? Yuri and Androssi don't seem to care about coming out on top. They're interested in doing other things and will ignore the political infighting as long as they're left alone. Other princesses just appear to be interested in the status and opportunities being a Princess of Zahard brings. So they're content with what they have and have no aspiring ambitions outside of maintaining their life of privilege. Consequently, they partake actions that appear to conflict with their interest, but in reality, are actually working toward their self-interest. They're just throwing their lot in with what they perceive to be a winning party. That, and the fact that some princesses are probably more loyal to their families than they are to others, like the twins. We can speculate more on their individual motives, but these seem to be the most apparent motives from what we've witnessed thus far.

Things are beginning to change, however. For a long time, factions maintained the power-of-balance between the 10 great families, but with Baam's alliance with Yuri and Garam, this balance is beginning to crumble. In addition, Eurasia Enne Zahard will make an appearance at some point. Why? Because Baam needs Eurasia's Colorless December to unite all 13 weapons, and an extra powerhouse like Eurasia is needed to grow Baam's military power. Many people have political and financial incentives to maintain the status quo, and when Baam's group is perceived to be a threat to this balance-of-power, many of the warring factions will set aside their differences to ensure Baam's group doesn't upend their stranglehold on the Tower.

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
My theory on "Why now?" is pretty simple. I think Mascheny is sensing opportunity.

Yuri and Androssi's loyalties have put them in fairly vulnerable positions because they are both almost at the point of full blown rebellion against Zahard's rules at this point. With the stuff Yuri has done for Baam and the stuff Androssi has done for Anak along with her friendship with Baam they've gone way best bending the rules. They are breaking them.

The puzzling bit is "Why Green April". My guess is it's going to be something with Anak's mom. We've always been told that she was killed because she ran off and had Anak but there could easily be more to the story than that. Maybe she hide or locked something away that Green April is the key to before she took off. Maybe something that Mascheny knows about and sees an opportunity to get.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Yuri and Androssi's loyalties have put them in fairly vulnerable positions because they are both almost at the point of full blown rebellion against Zahard's rules at this point.
Yuris may be but Androssis one is hardly worth anything, she is not even a ranker and lacks any political support from any family so far. She might be potentially dangerous because the soon to be most powerful being in tower Bam personally knows her and considers her as friend but Zahard fractions dont know Bam exist.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Yuris may be but Androssis one is hardly worth anything, she is not even a ranker and lacks any political support from any family so far. She might be potentially dangerous because the soon to be most powerful being in tower Bam personally knows her and considers her as friend but Zahard fractions dont know Bam exist.
Two things: Androsi is a princess from a branch family or special family. She herself is probably not blood connected to it however she became a princess so that a family looking for status could gain it. The specific family which supports her has not been mentioned though. Of course, it is probable it is not one of the 10 families however it should still be a family with some standing overall if it was able to produce a princess at all.

And the empire is definitely aware of jyu viole grace at least. Maybe they don't know everything about his past but just knowing viole is traveling with androsi is bound to represent a huge danger to her regardless of her status as an irregular. As an regular the issue would be that she has certain protections from rankers.

Last edited: