Shounen - Time Paradox Ghostwriter by Kenji Ichima & Tsunehiro Date | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Time Paradox Ghostwriter by Kenji Ichima & Tsunehiro Date

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India

Synopsis
On a cold and stormy night, I decide to give up on my dream. But lightning strikes! And now I have an issue of Shonen Jump from the future! Teppei Sasaki is a passionate rookie manga artist who dreams of getting a series in Weekly Shonen Jump. One day, he gets a copy of Jump from ten years in the future. Is it all a coincidence, or is it fate? Whatever the case, destiny is about to change... Time warps! Destinies intersected! For a tomorrow that was never meant to be! The future of Jump is here!

(Source: MANGA Plus)

Last edited:

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Okay i really liked the first chapter.

I feel this will be a great hit.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I was sceptical reading it. The premise read a bit like shuiesha patting itself on the back lol. But the ending redeemed it for me. I get that Sasaki thought it was a dream, but now with the actual author about to confront him, it will be interesting to see where it goes. 10 years isn't that far into the future when we think about it. The artists for the new manga are at least in their teens right now. The question of plagiarism comes into play as well. Is it technically plagiarism if they haven't published? I mean they know its their work, Sasaki knows or will know its their work, so how does he proceed?

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I was sceptical reading it. The premise read a bit like shuiesha patting itself on the back lol. But the ending redeemed it for me. I get that Sasaki thought it was a dream, but now with the actual author about to confront him, it will be interesting to see where it goes. 10 years isn't that far into the future when we think about it. The artists for the new manga are at least in their teens right now. The question of plagiarism comes into play as well. Is it technically plagiarism if they haven't published? I mean they know its their work, Sasaki knows or will know its their work, so how does he proceed?
Just read the chapter and I agree - I think the fact that the actual author of the story comes in at the end of the chapter is what makes it interesting. How is she going to prove it's her story?
And honestly, I wonder how Sasaki will feel when he finds out the story is actually written by someone else, and it's not something that was in his dream

Lil meen

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This already has a thread?

Pudazuka

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This already has a thread?
Well, it's a very interesting and promising manga.^^

I really liked the first chapter. The main character's emotion's were portrayed very well. The mangaka must have brought in his own experience with trying to get a serialization in jump. At least that's the impression I get.

Do you think it is coincidence that Sasaki's microwave sends him issues? Cause it would be interesing, if there was someone behind it...

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
@James Rye what do you feel about the first chapter?

hhht3x

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Found something interesting in a couple panels... was hoping to get some opinions on whether it means something: (Dunno how to get pictures so I'll just describe it)

On page 36 we obviously see him set the magazine down by the microwave, only to come back to it on page 38 with it missing. Something happened, it probably fell. I say this because it shows the 2030 magazine in 3 more panels

On page 52 there's a full view of microwave. Then the second panel shows the ground, and we can see the 2030mag. Next to it is another magazine that apperantly came after it. It says on spine issue 28.

Then page 54 has the girl reading the new 2020 issue of her magazine, and there's another panel. Of the OG 2030 magazine STILL THERE.(or is it?) and on the ground is the other magazine, now labeled issue 27!

This.. has gotta mean something right?

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
@James Rye what do you feel about the first chapter?
A lot of things I don't wanna write down at 5 am, but quarantine destroyed my sleeping habit, so I try to keep it short:

MC is easy to get into, the setting of reaching your dream with the 3 stages was explained simply and visually (also kid's mom was thirsty af, dude should have taken the offer), MC got a good believable personality as in your normal guy but hard-working and quite good in the artwork (it takes skill to draw so many pages over night even if as a rough manuscript) but no creativity and is facing so many hardships for such a long time while comparing himself to his friends and worrying about his family who worries about him that he has already qui-TIMEPARADOX BECAUSE A ROBOT; A FRINGE AND A MICROWAVE GIVE YOU... a Jump magazine.
Man, time travel used to be good, lol.
I like that the whole time travel aspect is based on reading an entertainment magazine which will be made in ten years. It's like a sneakpeek into the future but our MC doesn't know the circumstances behind it. For example in ten years Jump might have lost half his readership or paper magazine stopped being produced and everyone has gone online (in this case this clearly didn't happen) or the taste of the majority of the readers changed a lot in ten years (like ten years ago you had more "child-friendly" MCs and now you got a whole lot of "edgy" MCs) so he got lucky he read a work that worked both in the future as well as in this timeline.

Though it would certainly be a fun aspect if the work in ten years doesn't get a serialization because the taste changed so much in ten years, meaning that getting it under the people in 2020 had a better chance of getting a series than in 2030. That way MC could somehow helped the creator out with her work as otherwise in ten years she wouldn't have found success.

I still think one of the future twists will be some sort of "well shit she's dead in ten years" revelation like some condolences in Jump from the other mangaka creators when the termination of White Knight is announced due a deadly accident of the creator. That way MC would get another angle to worry about and try to figure out if he can change that future if he cares about her.

And biggest and most important issue, will the girl find out/get told about this future Jump edition with her work in it or not. Because that would drastically change the power in their relationship once it starts with her meeting up with him or writing him given she is a shut-in.

But all in all I liked it, art is good and pleasing and very expressive (I think the guy did made ******, so no wonder about that), the start drew people in (rock bottom to sky high success in one chapter), we got a nice moral problem with a believeable reason why he used someone else work to succeed, ending was shocking (creator of manga in ten years wonders why her idea is already in the magazine) and the premise for future arcs is good (future Jump magazines helping out the storyline/MC having to face the truth that he is a plagiarizer/ MC&Real Creator having to work their issues out).
I believe ch. 2 will start with MC having problems to show his editor the "storybook" like where the White Knight is supposed to go from ch.1 up to ch.X00. and they will want it to go for a long time. This is probably when he finds the 2nd book and with that evidence that he wasn't hallucinating and ofc meets the real creator and obviously needing her help because he can't keep "winging" it week to week depending on when the Jump magazine arrives and when he has to send in his work.

And it might sound weird but I actually pity his former Editor even if he was an harsh ass on him. Like he was the only one who saw all his works for the past years, never an ounce of creativity or originality or "himself" and then suddenly after two fails he comes in with a masterpiece? Dude must think the world has gone crazy and it has, he just doesn't know it, lol.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Interesting idea, can't wait to see what it offer in the future
I can feel that the MC is inspired by real experiences either by the mangaka himself or someone he knows
Also man I feel bad for the girl in the future, all her shut in work is gone xD
Also MC will probably have a hard time figuring out were the story will go on his own next chapter, and that's when miria microwave comes to the rescue.

That robot is op I must say, opening a portal to the future shonen jump

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
And it might sound weird but I actually pity his former Editor even if he was an harsh ass on him. Like he was the only one who saw all his works for the past years, never an ounce of creativity or originality or "himself" and then suddenly after two fails he comes in with a masterpiece? Dude must think the world has gone crazy and it has, he just doesn't know it, lol.
I would feel more sorry for him if he didn't throw Sasaki's work away and treat him like a nobody, despite Sasaki saying this was his make or break moment. To scold Sasaki by telling him being a professional mangaka is serious business then to turn around and behave so unprofessionally, embarrassing Sasaki in the process? There was no need for that. I cheered when he got his karma. That said, I hope he doesn't become an antagonist after remembering Sasaki's earlier works and set out to prove he's a fraud or something.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Agreed with what Bel said he was unnecessarily harsh towards Sasaki.I hope he later becomes good friend with Sasaki.

Last edited:

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Ofcourse the editor could have been more respectful, and not treat Sasaki like trash.
But let’s be real, pretty sure it’s a hard business in general.

ShiranuiShiranai

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
At first, I thought it would be something like having the same ideas for a story is common and it is okay as long as you find your niche and edge to your story and then it became an issue for potential plagiarism so I'm already hooked on this new series.

My question though: Is One Piece still running in 2030? Did we reach the Dark Continent in Hunter X Hunter in 2030?

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
This was one of the things I noticed. It's not really an issue that would detract from the manga itself but it just seemed a little like sucking up lol.

Daoloth

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Salve I see lots making comments about this or over hyping so figured would read it then relate reality :). I know from personal experience when I started to write zones for MUDs it was a horrible journey for many reasons. I had a lot of politics to deal with, people were very jealous of me since my first zone was one of the most popular on any MUD it was ever on. I wrote that myself as a 3 part series, though I didn't know how to use the editor or anything so I had my friend do work on it as well. Everything was me as it relates to map, names, items, stats, he did the descriptions or other parts while we worked together on the color scheme to where we can agree. That started a lot of problems since they claimed my items or stats were too good, they even went so far as to alter our colors on various mobs or items. I was told newbie zone makers should stick to making newbie zones, even though it was instantly the most popular zone ever on that MUD. I told them to pull it, players went berserk, so some no name managed to get a high level quality zone against all those trying to prevent it. After that any zone I would do they would reject harshly, complain that items or stats were too good, anything even though it was better than 99% of any zone on the MUD. I knew every single item, zone, I would even confront them on stats causing them to downgrade their own over powered EQ against my wishes :). I took every single negative comment that had any validity to improve my making or structure of the zones to raise to a professional level. I followed every rule or protocol that was determined to make it where it should be even though other zones makers wouldn't but they were able to put in all these zones loaded w/ BS EQ... While every single item or stat I did was constantly changed or complained about causing me to edit zones over and over. Long story short it got to point anything I edited or released became a huge hit making other gods jealous saying it made them look bad or lazy. They got jealous so they conspired to get rid of me. It got to point they told me flat out we don't want you only your zones or work. Programmers who had never written a zone or had any idea what were doing were deciding to edit my stuff or do as they wanted. Not to mention making code to random drop EQ w/ insane stats but would go after every item I made ;)?

I personally soured on creative writing never wanting to create something great somebody would edit or alter etc. I had people say stuff can't even imagine, I think the editor in this story was great... He did everything he could to tell this heartless guy what was needed to write or create the manga... Talent isn't enough you need to have character. I can tell from looking around his place he isn't creative, look at the guy from Hunter X Hunter in some famous pictures sometime. You would have all sorts of random papers or drawings all over the place, it would be a mess, nobody creative tends to be neat. Instead of gaining character, learning things about life, he kept looking for the easy win or waited for it to fall into his lap. I want to be clear I blame him for failing, before I get into a more positive comment relating to him.

He did learn something from all those times getting rejected just like me. He knew how to word things or structure them better than the female author would have. He had a better idea how to arrange everything, cut the words down or make it more compelling emotional etc... He had to cut down like 7 pages, he removed certain characters or scenes. Everything that he did might be the reason it was so well including having his friends help him make it better before it was published. Its like when I did my first zone, I learned a lot from my friend at the time to make the zones, do the colors, tricks to paste things to alter them later etc. I would often say something like the student has become the master the circle is complete to taunt him. She might have had a great concept that 10 years later was good enough to be in a manga that was missing anything he recognized in it. I'm not sure it would have been published right now, perhaps his changes made it better than her printed version. If you alter something enough its no longer stealing it... Black Clover has an issue where guy is clearly probably a mashup or The Blog/Toad from Marvel going back to Silver/Bronze/Copper era. Its different enough to where its not a big deal, writers do this stuff all the time including movies. You might turn 1 character into 3 when adapting a book for example to display the various sides in detail. I'll see if he can sustain his writing or stealing from the future :). It will be funny if the names change on them to reflect he is the author now ;). I think one panel the manga eats the manga they leave for him?

That said I don't see this lasting as long as even the Bone Collection or whatever people are just laughing at me for even posting I'm sure ;). I can see that in the next 10 years over this which will be really hard to sustain the story for 50-100+ issues. I think the art is pretty good, I'm not sure it will be something that can be kept up each week though? I personally looking at it would have a hard time doing it if I was an artist ;). Is each week going to be him stealing from another author or just keep taking from this female's ideas 10 years later? The guy was getting the truth, if not willing to spend hours toiling each day or week then he wont make it in manga industry. People want to be a movie star, then they realize most of it is standing around a set for hours doing nothing. Making movies, doing animation, things that might love can be horrible to actually make or be involved in. The pressure will just build each week for him to keep things up or sustain everything. For people that want to write a manga, create them in any form, I would clip everything the editor told him and learn ;). I remember in Escape from Damnaria or whatever the guy drew a picture of a dog that I thought looked great. The inmate teaching the other guy to draw or create art instantly asked him where was the light coming from or shadow whatever. People who can't write or draw lack depth even if on the surface it looks great to the casual observer who can't do it. I could be wrong, maybe it will end up the top Anime or Manga within 10 years ;). Will this be like Quantum Leap or something haha, where its the same story each time only he leaps in the end usually always :)? Is the story going to explain why this happens, is it going anywhere, is him altering the future gong to cause problems etc...