To All Kurds | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

To All Kurds

TitaniumOxide

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just know most of us in America is sorry for what is going on. We are baffled as to how this can come to past and is ashamed that our nation is allowing it to happen. Shit is truly fucked up. I can say nothing more than sorry because I have no idea if our government will reverse course. I can't even say hang in there, since I feel like I have no right to even mention that. All I can do is wish everyone can light a joint together for a moment and drop our fucking guns and and bombs and chill the fuck out for just a quick moment and see how great that is. I hope America can still have reliable allies in that region after this.

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think a manga forum is a good place to reach a lot of people, maybe try twitter or something else :)

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
America under Trump is an immensely shitty place, especially for anyone who isn't a wealthy white person. Trump also likely is catering to Turkey because he has businesses there. And what's just as messed up is that his brainwashed "pro-life" cult will support him no matter what.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
The US has been almost entirely openly supporting the militarist movement in the region while being allies on paper with Turks for such a long time. Now, Trump is like "Hey, Obama backed the terrorists in this area, but it's none of our business, so we are out", a pathetic attempt at pointing fingers. Turkish advance is not going to last for long, anyway, as the goals to create a safe zone and accommodate thousands of Syrians there is a pipe dream without financial backing, which isn't going to come from anyone.

Trump is just playing it up for the local politics and letting Turkey play the patriotism card. What will happen in the end? The way I see it, nothing will happen. It's a short-lived theater. Kurds will close their ranks and unite stronger in defense, Turks will feel they are taking the appropriate course of action in trying to suppress terrorist acts, and Americans will be appeased that no cent of their taxes are spent for something unnecessary. Win-win-win.

Guns will not be dropped, because no party involved benefits from that, sad as it might sound.

SonOfDaws

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
The US has been almost entirely openly supporting the militarist movement in the region while being allies on paper with Turks for such a long time. Now, Trump is like "Hey, Obama backed the terrorists in this area, but it's none of our business, so we are out", a pathetic attempt at pointing fingers. Turkish advance is not going to last for long, anyway, as the goals to create a safe zone and accommodate thousands of Syrians there is a pipe dream without financial backing, which isn't going to come from anyone.

Trump is just playing it up for the local politics and letting Turkey play the patriotism card. What will happen in the end? The way I see it, nothing will happen. It's a short-lived theater. Kurds will close their ranks and unite stronger in defense, Turks will feel they are taking the appropriate course of action in trying to suppress terrorist acts, and Americans will be appeased that no cent of their taxes are spent for something unnecessary. Win-win-win.

Guns will not be dropped, because no party involved benefits from that, sad as it might sound.
I don't completely agree, but I like the way you're thinking.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

America under Trump is an immensely shitty place, especially for anyone who isn't a wealthy white person. Trump also likely is catering to Turkey because he has businesses there. And what's just as messed up is that his brainwashed "pro-life" cult will support him no matter what.
What makes you think you're not brainwashed?