Shounen - To-LOVE-Ru Darkness by Hasemi Saki & Yabuki Kentaro WARNING - Mature Content | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen To-LOVE-Ru Darkness by Hasemi Saki & Yabuki Kentaro WARNING - Mature Content

LNsu

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: To-LOVE-Ru (Trouble) by Hasemi Saki & Yabuki Kentaro

I really really reaaaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyy want to know why them ended it so abruptly. I think one of two: their popularity descended and the directives of the magazine told them to end it right away; OR they just couldn´t continue with that line of work (problems between Saki and Kentaro), after all, drawing like Yabuki Kentaro is not an easy thing to do, lest in a few days.

Leaving that aside, I must say, while the series did end abruptly without a final arc (they just used the pool arc as an excuse, "picked form the sleeve"), still the chapter made me laugh a lot. Generally speaking, I liked it much, but the fact is the las chapter ruins that feeling. I just loved Lala proposing the poligamy to Rito, and ending with the same trouble it started (but potentialized by 4), Lala´s reaction was priceless: she is happy that rito likes all the girls (and thus marrying all of them and living as a happy family).

Of course, I doubt if they continue the manga to end with Rito marrying all of the girls, but I admit that is a happy ending jeje.

I personally don´t think there is a harem manga that ends bad, since from the very start you must make the idea he will endo with the main girl so there´s no point in complaining. For that purpose, I liked the ending of Love Hina, Keitaro marrying Naru, but I always supported Motoko instead of Naru. In To-Love-Ru, I supported Kotewaga.
Found almost everywhere that's currently talking about To-LOVE-Ru's premature ending:

- There is this person called Nakamura Ine who is quite famous on the Nico Nico website (a large Japanese online community somewhat like Youtube), who turned out to be a minor (last year in high school) and also insinuated that he has something going on with a Kashiwagi Shiho.

- Now this Shiho was the wife of Yabuki Kentaro, the author of To-Love-Ru. She met Yabuki when he was looking for assistants, seduced him and ended up becoming his wife and gave birth to a daughter.

- But she hardly did any house work, neglected her daughter, and spent most of her days in front of a computer spending time in Nico Nico etc.

- January 2009, when Yabuki was sick with flu and bedridden, she kidnapped her own daughter and disappeared, and it turned out that she left her daughter at her parents' place while she was doing this and that with Ine.

- February 2009, Yabuki 'begged' Shiho to return for the sake of their daughter, and Shiho did return to Tokyo, but few days later she dropped out once again with the girl, this time taking a notebook computer and Yabuki's credit cards. Yabuki later stopped the cards, but a large sum of money was already taken out.

- Yabuki looked for them everywhere, but to no avail. March 2009, Shiho demanded a divorce on the grounds of personality clash and a large chunk of Yabuki's assets, but when the evidence of her infidelity was discovered on her computer, she then changed her stance and demanded money in exchange for the custody right of the daughter.

- Realizing it would take over a year to settle things, Yabuki accepted her conditions and got the daughter back.

- Haruna Sairenji was based on Kashiwagi Shiho, and there is a reason why her role was reduced dramatically since volume 13, and Yui getting more prominent. And apparently Shiho has sued/demanded more money for the character of Haruna recently.

- A comment of Yabuki's while this was all happening:
[While I was working hard on a manga that was focused on taking young girls' panties off, another man was taking my wife's panties off.]

- I forgot to mention that following the dispute over Haruna's character right, Yabuki feared his daughter getting hurt by all the debacle, so he accepted Shiho's demand yet again and ended the series prematurely.

(from LateBloomer on OneManga)

If you understand Japanese there's more info here.

Is any of this true? Shit if I know, it could be the biggest sham ever to say "I'm tired of working on this."
Makes one hell of an ending though, don't cha think?

Last edited:

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Poland

LNsu said:
Is any of this true? Shit if I know, it could be the biggest sham ever to say "I'm tired of working on this."
Makes one hell of an ending though, don't cha think?
Wow, I read it all and if it's true, than the life it's more complicated than I thought; I mean, like mangaka said, he was doing manga with young girls "panties off", while another man was doing the same for his wife - life is irony. So if it's true I'm really sad for mangaka - and his ex-wife is.. nah, better is to be not bothered by her, but I have one definition for such women: bit** <even if it's cruel and not tolerable to call women like that, but.. seriously>

Solaris

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Are we sure that's the real reason of the interruption and not a plain and simple loss of audience? What about the anime? Was it succesful enough to gain more fans? Actually i disliked the anime very much, but it let me discover the manga, wich was sure better.

kazekage_shinagami

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Lets just hope the next thing they work on is as good as TLR

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

To those who once read this:
http://mangahut.com/manga/m=o5TN/to_love_ru/162_5/pg1

I guess one last bit of echi is not bad even a long time after the manga ended. I really miss this manga though, it was my weekly dose of echi. Now I have no weekly dose of it and I kinda miss it lol. So, was the post up there ever confirmed, the one about all the trouble the author had? I guess the ending makes sense for a harem manga (I understand killing the harem at the end can be a tad anticlimatic) but I usually am the type who prefers a clear ending with as little unresolved issues as possible (hell, I would every manga to end with the characters dying of old age so I wouldn't wonder how the rest of their lives went lol).

[kaiten]Try Dr. Rurru and Mayoi Neko Overrun! (Yabuki's new series) if you haven't. A monthly dose of ecchi is better than none at all ;)[/kaiten]

Last edited by a moderator:

Akiyama

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

Here's the cover of the last volume on sale this Friday.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

RIP to love ru. No manga has been able to replace you as my weekly ecchi...

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Quick question, anyone ever noticed how similar this manga was to urusei yatsura? main difference was fan service -i'd argue urusei yatsura was a tad better though-.

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

I can't believe that there really is going to be a spin-off series!!! :occa The characters in this manga were all so cute and lovable. I hope that the spin-off is more of a sequel or at least features the characters of this manga in a substantial way.

I wonder how Rito is doing with his harem, as IIRC the manga ended with the harem conclusion instead of choosing just one girl, right? :amuse

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

AWESOME! Does this mean I'll get back my weekly echi? Who'd be the main character though? Will lala be there?

nassass

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Hungary

AWESOME! Does this mean I'll get back my weekly echi? Who'd be the main character though? Will lala be there?
I don't want to disappoint you, but Jump SQ is monthly magazine. :tem

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

I don't want to disappoint you, but Jump SQ is monthly magazine. :tem
I guess monthly echi is better than no echi..... I still will miss my weekly echi though.

Negative Syndicate

i found spoiler pictures for To Love-Ru Darkness.

c.pic.to/14efqx
p.pic.to/14k769

I think To Love-Ru is turning into 18+ manga, which it suppose to be shounen manga.

Jinoh

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

more...

@Negative Syndicate, you're right...

too much loli... I don't like that at all...

Last edited:

daman246

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

to much girls wtf this series better not fail like to love ru in my opinion

perroloco

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico

What?! Where is Lala in the color spread?? Don´t tell me that the spin-off series won´t have Lala as the main girl??

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

^It is a spin off, it should not have the main character other than for an occacional arc or cameo lol. It is a pleasant surprise that yamichan gets the spin off though. LONG LIVE LALA though lol.

Jinoh

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

^It is a spin off, it should not have the main character other than for an occacional arc or cameo lol. It is a pleasant surprise that yamichan gets the spin off though. LONG LIVE LALA though lol.
yami was always yabuki's favourite, even back in black cat.