Chapter Tokyo Ghoul:re 60 Discussion/61 Predictions

desin24

Mangahelper
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Country
Austria
Also, Ken Kaneki and the Chamber of Torture, Ken Kaneki and the Ghoul's Kakuhou, and last but not least, Ken Kaneki and the Deadly Clowns :kappa

I think you mean he spilled the beans even though he has spilled many guts during the past 6 months. We will see, maybe his visit to "Takatsuki" is not connected to the plan they discuss in that meeting. We have to read at least the full chapter 60.
Kaneki and the Deadly Clowns makes me want to write Harry Potter x TG fanfiction

Yeah you're right, of course it is a possibility Kaneki is playing with all of them and leading them on. From the talk we saw so far it does seem as if they have Aogiri Tree's end in sight. It's pretty amazing how much hype 2 pages can bring already though. It might also be the last two pages following the trend of showing Kaneki only on the last 2 pages which means the chapter could be about ANYTHING.

djimbey

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Country
Russian Federation
so, no mention about my little Hinami

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Country
Germany
So, any thoughts on Arima being conveniently absent for another special class meeting? Do you think it's just a coincidence that he really happens to have that much work or is he intentionally avoiding them for some reason? Or maybe the CCG intentionally gives him extra work during the time of the meetings, so that he can't attend them? Personally, I doubt it's just by chance, however, I'm also not really sure how to interpret it either.

declow

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Country
Romania
So, any thoughts on Arima being conveniently absent for another special class meeting? Do you think it's just a coincidence that he really happens to have that much work or is he intentionally avoiding them for some reason? Or maybe the CCG intentionally gives him extra work during the time of the meetings, so that he can't attend them? Personally, I doubt it's just by chance, however, I'm also not really sure how to interpret it either.
As long as he has a mission and ghouls to kill to make new quinques there is no problem. The ghouls start running like they are at the Olympics when they see him, so he couldn't care less about the meetings and the tactics. That's what I think.

SamsaNeki

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Country
France
Looks like she didn't change one bit.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

SamsaNeki

Country
France
Some translation on 4chan, so take it with a grain of salt :

Matsuri: …Why is Sasaki, an Associate Special Class, here?
Sasaki: I’m here in behalf of Special Class Arima. I also received permission from the Director.

Sasaki puts on a smile but it doesn’t look very natural.

Matsuri: Stop with that creepy smile.

Edit : Oh, so it was from Makyun.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Country
Germany
Apparently the RAW text is out. I'll be compiling multiple posts into one, but these are all from Makyun.

Shiono starts to panic at Sasaki’s words.

Sasaki: Where is she at the moment?
Shiono: Ah, ah um…
Sasaki: When is she coming back?
Shiono: I don’t know… I really don’t…
Shiono: She sometimes tends to go somewhere suddenly…

BAM!!

Shiono: !!

Sasaki kicks a table and Shiono sweats at the sight of the blown away table.

Sasaki: Tch… I’m sorry.
(this is written in katakana, very stiff, it’s like he doesn’t mean his apology)
Matsuri: …Why is Sasaki, an Associate Special Class, here?
Sasaki: I’m here in behalf of Special Class Arima. I also received permission from the Director.

Sasaki puts on a smile but it doesn’t look very natural.

Matsuri: Stop with that creepy smile.

Clupea Harengus

Country
Italy
Hello everyone! First post here, been lurking for a while, nice forum atmosphere.

I believe, and hope, it is related to his relationship with Haise. I believe he may want to test/study/distance himself from his troublesome protegee. What I'm really curious is how is the Arima/Haise relationship is atm. Arima is too smart not to notice a change after Kaneki's awakening and the latter sharp enough to take this into account.

Agent Phrank

Country
Gotei 13
Hello everyone! First post here, been lurking for a while, nice forum atmosphere.

I believe, and hope, it is related to his relationship with Haise. I believe he may want to test/study/distance himself from his troublesome protegee. What I'm really curious is how is the Arima/Haise relationship is atm. Arima is too smart not to notice a change after Kaneki's awakening and the latter sharp enough to take this into account.
Interesting however, this is the third time Arima is absent from a Special Class meeting.

Previously in TG chapter 118
Kiyoko said:
Looks like he'll be absent this time too, doesn't it?

Yes, it resembles:

Welcome to MH

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Country
Germany
Sasaki leaves the interrogation room and calls Furuta on his phone.

Sasaki: It’s no good. Shiono-san won’t give out any information. (confess)
Furuta: Is that so…
Sasaki: It’s possible he doesn’t have any information. How are things on your end?
Furuta: Uh… This seems time-consuming. There are books being read, tags and memos…
Furuta: As well as not too important items…

Furuta along with other investigators were examining Takatsuki’s room.

Furuta: I understand that they’re a troublesome person but… I also dislike cleaning.

Sasaki: Please proceed with examining the other rooms as well. I’m very sure that she is the One-Eyed Owl.
Sasaki: I heard from Kijima-san while he was still alive that you’re good with organizing documents.
Furuta: …Wait, was that all the credit I got? *sweats*
Sasaki: Also, please replace the furniture in the interrogation room.
Furuta: Yes. Did you do something, boss? (he’s calling him his superior but boss is the only word I could come up with)

Sasaki: It’s ‘Good Cop, Bad Cop’.
Furuta: Huh?
Sasaki: Please be the 'good cop’, Furuta-san.
Furuta: …You’re really like a highly-talented child… Ah, my apologies.
Sasaki: Yes, I’m a kid. Adults are suspicious so I hate them.

Sasaki: (…Takatsuki-sensei. Please don’t think that I let you escape.)
Source: makyun

narutostrength

Country
Paraguay
I feel like Arima is just ignoring them, he doesn't even bother to show up for some reason lol Is very interesting that he sends Sasaki, maybe he's just trying to observe his (new) odd behavior, I wonder for how long he's going to act oblivious about Kaneki's awakening

jillian92

Country
Italy
I don't really understand the last part of the dialogue, where Kaneki says "bad cop and good cop", what's that all about? Why would Furuta be the good cop and Kaneki not?

8ofdiamonds

Country
Germany
I don't really understand the last part of the dialogue, where Kaneki says "bad cop and good cop", what's that all about? Why would Furuta be the good cop and Kaneki not?
It's a standard interrogation technique. One cop pretends to be the "bad" guy until the suspect is terrified enough while the other cop pretends to be the "good" guy that tells the "bad" guy to relax and take it easy. The goal is for the "good" guy to gain the suspects trust and say something to him in order for the "bad" guy to stop.
Basically just the "carot and stick" technique.

Clupea Harengus

Country
Italy
Good cop, bad coop is a common interrogation approach used by the police to get information out of suspects. One cop basically threatens and tries to intimidate the person being interrogated while the other one at the same time offers him/her the "easy way out" to the problem, by confessing.
As to what he's referring to in the context, I don't know.

EDIT: Few second late :P, I believe the target he's referring to is Takatsuki Sen's butler.

SamsaNeki

Country
France
Hachikawa: Alright… Everyone landed, right?
Hachikawa: Our job is to confirm the sleeping faces of those shit bastards (Aogiri).
Hachikawa: Once we check the beds, we gtfo.
(too lazy to think of a term atm)

Hachikawa: We’re relying on you… you got a good nose right?
Hachikawa: Eyepatch-kun.

Mutsuki: …It’s my eyes.

Mutsuki Tooru
Rank 1 Investigator
Hachikawa Squad Qs

Hachikawa: Same thing.

A lone figure of Saeki (Torso) standing.

Saeki: …
Saeki: Tooru.

Source : Makyun.

jillian92

Country
Italy
Thank you both for your answer, I didn't know it was called that way ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)