Shounen - Tokyo Revengers by Ken Wakui | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Tokyo Revengers by Ken Wakui

Tatsumaki

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Hellooooo
So I kinda binge read the 214 chapters in 5 days :fan
And just wanted to say that I reaaaally love it ! Some characters way of thinking didn't make much sense to me at first (like Kazutora or Izana) but once you think more of what they went through and also remember that at the end of the day they're all still kids, it makes you put things into perspective. I now love Izana for exemple. And it's not just because he's BEAUTIFUL :arf
So my Ult are Draken, Izana, Baji and Mikey (not necessarily in that order). Actually most characters are pretty well written, the only exceptions would be Pah-chin that I hope will get some focus in the new arc and Takemitchy that I still can't decide if I love or hate. Kisaki....was kinda awesome....and then it came tumbling down like a house of cards. Like wtf ??? Hina was his end goal. A girl rejects you so you kill her ?? Well. Not like it doesn't happen in real life (sigh) but still. I just enjoyed that he wasn't a time leaper but just a mastermind. That makes him so great. Really it's just his end goal and reasoning for it that sucks.
I look forward to that final arc. The new characters have great designs. I just wonder why the first gen black dragons would want to deal with kids ? aren't they like 25 now ? Maybe it's time to get a job ? Or join real adults yakuzas ?
Something I would have usually complained about is the lack of girls. But the 3 we have are all so great ! Emma :emocat And then again I don't think most girls would want to do anything with gang gang bullshit.

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Hellooooo
So I kinda binge read the 214 chapters in 5 days :fan
And just wanted to say that I reaaaally love it ! Some characters way of thinking didn't make much sense to me at first (like Kazutora or Izana) but once you think more of what they went through and also remember that at the end of the day they're all still kids, it makes you put things into perspective. I now love Izana for exemple. And it's not just because he's BEAUTIFUL :arf
So my Ult are Draken, Izana, Baji and Mikey (not necessarily in that order). Actually most characters are pretty well written, the only exceptions would be Pah-chin that I hope will get some focus in the new arc and Takemitchy that I still can't decide if I love or hate. Kisaki....was kinda awesome....and then it came tumbling down like a house of cards. Like wtf ??? Hina was his end goal. A girl rejects you so you kill her ?? Well. Not like it doesn't happen in real life (sigh) but still. I just enjoyed that he wasn't a time leaper but just a mastermind. That makes him so great. Really it's just his end goal and reasoning for it that sucks.
I look forward to that final arc. The new characters have great designs. I just wonder why the first gen black dragons would want to deal with kids ? aren't they like 25 now ? Maybe it's time to get a job ? Or join real adults yakuzas ?
Something I would have usually complained about is the lack of girls. But the 3 we have are all so great ! Emma :emocat And then again I don't think most girls would want to do anything with gang gang bullshit.
I was of the same opinion as you at first regarding Kazutora and Izana. Their reasoning to do all the things they did was completely absurd and illogical so I just chalked that up to them being mentally ill. But then I learned later that Kazutora was the way he was because he actually came from an abusive childhood. His father abused him a lot and his mother was rather problematic too apparently so the way he was raised gives a reason to his emotional state. Sadly, this isn't from the main manga but from a side story and unfortunately hasn't been fully translated. I'm so glad he became such a better person in the future though.

And Izana's life wasn't much better either. His parents discarded him at birth, the woman whom he always thought was his mother never cared about him, then he learns that the person he believed to be his half-brother (Shin) who was the only person to truly care about him was lying to him the whole time just to make him feel better, only for that person to die at the hands of one of the closest friends of his other supposed half brother. His situation really sucked, Izana was lonely and uncared for his whole life.

As for Kisaki...yeah, I agree. Even just him having a cliche motive such as wanting to rule all of Japan's underworld would be better than him being a simp for Hinata, lol. He is supposed to be a genius who can naturally worm his way into people's hearts, why would he even believe that becoming the leader of Japan's worst criminal organization and the top delinquent allow him to win Hina's heart? It's such a retarded motive lol. Although I suppose he was just a psychopath.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
For Kisaki, I'm fine with him becoming a delinquent because of Hina. He was in elementary school and saw his crush like a guy, so he went the same path. As Static said, the problem is we know he actually goes through with his 10 yr plan.

What I would've liked to see is akin to what Takemitchy talked about in chap 187. How was the initial transition to delinquent life? Were there times he was scared and did he actually enjoy this lifestyle? I mean national scholar level student to delinquent, it's a huge change. From there, then we can go into desire and plans to become the top of Toman.

Oh there re more emotional chapters to come ?
The rollercoaster continues, and I was also thinking of Baji and Naoto's too.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
@Erinyes Don't read this, spoilers for you. :p

Speaking of the recent chapters, I'm very interested in Kawaragi Senju.

This absurdly strong kid who is supposedly on the same level as Mikey just shows up out of the blue and even has three of Shinichiro's closest followers - who used to be the leaders of the once greatest gang in Japan - under him? Why did no one mention someone like him before lol?

Plus, his design is really rad, I dig it lol.

There's a theory going around that he may be another of Mikey's half-siblings because of his similar looks but I seriously hope not. The whole sibling plot would feel way too repetitive.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also, I have to say, regarding Kisaki, that I found it neatly surprising that we were led to believe he was actually a time leaper too but then it turned out to be a major red herring and he simply was that brilliant and cunning.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Caught up up to chap 179
Izana and Kakucho death reminded me somehow Haku and Zabuza's in Naruto. I liked Kakucho he was cool, I didnt expect Izana to protect him.
Mikey entrances are always the best, that guy's badassery has no limit :teehee . i loved the discussion with Hina, Mikey and Draken. Takemitchy might be a lame fighter, but he really has guts and i think hes the one in the end who suffered the most both emotionnally from seeing all those futures and trying to save everyone, and physically for always being beaten up. And i'm so happy Draken was really loving Emma, he was so devastated by her death, it makes sense now the whole execution thing.

that take-kun moment

:zomg

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
Speaking of the recent chapters, I'm very interested in Kawaragi Senju.

This absurdly strong kid who is supposedly on the same level as Mikey just shows up out of the blue and even has three of Shinichiro's closest followers - who used to be the leaders of the once greatest gang in Japan - under him? Why did no one mention someone like him before lol?

Plus, his design is really rad, I dig it lol.

There's a theory going around that he may be another of Mikey's half-siblings because of his similar looks but I seriously hope not. The whole sibling plot would feel way too repetitive.

Also, I have to say, regarding Kisaki, that I found it neatly surprising that we were led to believe he was actually a time leaper too but then it turned out to be a major red herring and he simply was that brilliant and cunning.
You're so right. Them EYELASHES. The fact that he's the most mysterious one must mean he tends to stay in the shadows. He might be the encounter of Kisaki's brain and Mikey's strenght which means ~trouble~.
I really want to know why Draken joined them. Seeing him and Mikey in different gangs hurt my heart.

On the other side Terano just look like a big brute and he just recruited a bunch of men who LOST two years ago like....

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Something I wanted to ask about is how did Mikey knew Takemitchy was back ?? I'm confused.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chap 215

:jawdrop2 To say I did not see that coming is an understatement, wow! I'm all for it and curious as ever.

Something I wanted to ask about is how did Mikey knew Takemitchy was back ?? I'm confused.
On Mikey's wiki, it says it's his intuition :lmao. Rn, I think since the mechanics of time travel changed this time (12-10 yrs), it's possible Mikey is alerted each time Takemitchy travels back to the past. A reversal from Naoto's, where he was alerted when Takemitchy returned to the present. There's also theories of Mikey himself being a time leaper, not buying that yet tho.

Last edited:

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Just WTF was that last panel lol? Ik it is hilarious but I really hope he doesn't end up being a trap lol.

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
On Mikey's wiki, it says it's his intuition :lmao. Rn, I think since the mechanics of time travel changed this time (12-10 yrs), it's possible Mikey is alerted each time Takemitchy travels back to the past. A reversal from Naoto's, where he was alerted when Takemitchy returned to the present. There's also theories of Mikey himself being a time leaper, not buying that yet tho.
Intuition could be it. Not buying the other theory either tho.

Just WTF was that last panel lol? Ik it is hilarious but I really hope he doesn't end up being a trap lol.
Why not ?
We could use some diversity honestly.
Twitter is torn about this but personnally I think this is just Senju's twin sister. It would be a nice twist if one of the "three deities" is a girl. Or even a trap I have no problem with those. Tho I doubt we would see them in such a manga.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
@Tatsumaki @BD_Beno @Erinyes Chapter 216 :3

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
You go girl ! I like your clothing tastes so I'm on your side !
I wonder how the scene Takemitchy saw happened.
The Akashi family will be the key of the final arc it seems.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
RIP Akashi's credit card. SoL with Senju 👌. I'm surprised by the mental gymnastics people (reddit, yt) went through last week saying that wasn't Senju lol. And we got another family saga. *Insert Dominic Toretto meme 🤣

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
Tagging as spoiler just in case.
One thing we might be sure of is that Mikey isn't the one who killed her. Because the future Bonten had Takeomi in it, I doubt he would follow the guy who killed his sister. Plus Mikey has that "I wouldn't hit a girl" bullcrap :eyeroll which is so stupid. (Tho he doesn't Senju's a girl...hmmmm).
Anyway I think Rokuhara tendai will be at fault. Will Mitchy be able to stop it ? Maybe with that new power.

we got another family saga
Things would be so much easier if all those dysfunctional families just went to group therapies smh

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Did you guys read the latest chapter?

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
Did you guys read the latest chapter?
Yes ! Can't wait for the big fight !
I also think Takemitchy's vision is gonna realise itself while on the "date"

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Takemitchy, don't let me down here! Though I'm still not sure how I feel about his foresight ability :grumble

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
I think he got à different power because he has a different mission. With Naoto he could take his hand and go back and from at will.
Mikey is an enemy so shaking hands isn't possible. So foresight is the next best thing.

I think it's early for Senju to leave us so I'm really hoping Takemitchy DOES SOMETHING.

Kurisubestwaifu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Any of you guys has read the most recent chapter? Damn that was intense!! I like this new takemitchy power, i wonder how far ahead he can see things, i am supposing it's not too op in, but enough to give him some time to plan on a counter to it.
The problem here now is, unlike previous travels to the present, he can't afford to do any major mistake now, because if he does, even going back to the present, he will probably be dead due to the injuries sustained by Mikey or even if he's alive, Mikey will be dead anyway. I am really liking senju character so far. I wonder how Mikey will react when he sees Takemitchy.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Draken :hip . I'm really liking that him and Takemitchy are getting more focus on a duo this arc.

And Takemitchy, you did well.