Top Ten Game - Actors/Actresses [COUNTDOWN TO THE TOP 10]

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Netherlands
This remains a @BluePegasus Entertainment Buseniss ® production so people who attempt to take this over without my permission will meet my lawyer.

Anyway, I’m here to continue this of course. First of all, hello. Second of all, I have an exam week next week and since I find that slightly more important than this (sorry guys), I decided to focus more on studying rather than the internet, hence why I’m so late with this.​

ROUND 3: ACTORS/ACTRESSES

Ah ... ain’t that a beautiful bridge? After we’ve had the movie and TV show round, we go to a round that isn’t about the whole bunch, but on the human beings that are of central importance for the result: actors and actresses.

If you’re new to this game (or have a short-term memory), you can find the rules here.*

Since my exam week is next week, I’ll extend the deadline a little bit. So if you want to participate, send me a top 10 of your favourite actors/actresses of all-time before Friday April
6th 12 PM (CET)

If you have any further questions, please ask them in this thread or via PM and I will answer them!

*Please, PLEASE check that you have your names correct.​

BluePegasus

Country
Netherlands
COUNTDOWN TO THE TOP 10

#61-45 (1/3)

#61 - 1 point (three-way tie)
Eva Green
Voted by: @FaustXIII

Charlie Chaplin
Voted by: @Organizized

Angelina Jolie
Voted by: @Emperor Spriggan

#58 - 2 points (three-way tie)
Meryl Streep
Voted by: @Zirconium

Saoirse Ronan
Voted by: @Brandish

Viola Davis
Voted by: @BluePegasus

#55 - 3 points (five-way tie)
Amy Adams

Bill Murray

Robert Mitchum

Emma Stone
Voted by: @Gryffindor (2), @BluePegasus (1)

Emma Watson
Voted by: @Emperor Spriggan

#49 - 4 points (four-way tie)
Oscar Isaac

Hugh Laurie

Marion Cotillard

Morgan Freeman
Voted by: @Valhalla777

Last edited:

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
Sweden
I share Ustie's thoughts on GoT c.c
A-yup, moi too.

Yet you voted it #1..? :hmm
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I just have a feeling that a lot of people do the shows they think should deserve the #1 spot. Or maybe I'm just not comprehending how "loved' GoT (etc.) actually is.
Idk, I've gotten the impression that most people share our sentiment on GoT on this forum... maybe I'm wrong though. But I do see people saying on FB posts all the time that the series "only gets better all the time after those slow first seasons". Which is like, "what?"

BluePegasus

Country
Netherlands

Game of Thrones
Score: 83 points (!!!)

Voted by: @BluePegasus (10), @Belserion (10), @Aizen (10), @Zirconium (10), @Valhalla777 (10), @Emperor Spriggan (9), @Crescent_jinxgrace (9), @Farfalla (6), @shinobi (6), @FaustXIII (3)

Running time: 2011-
Genre: Fantasy/drama
Episodes: 67
Creators: David Benioff, D.B. Weiss
Starring: See here

In the mythical continent of Westeros, several powerful families fight for control of the Seven Kingdoms. As conflict erupts in the kingdoms of men, an ancient enemy rises once again to threaten them all. Meanwhile, the last heirs of a recently usurped dynasty plot to take back their homeland from across the Narrow Sea.
Source.

Peggy Adds

Game of Thrones is top-tier in production value, the realization of a fictional world and creating enthralling characters. It is truly HBO's finest moment to date – it was a risk of a predominant fantasy show that exceeded expectations, eventually being recognized as a worldwide wonder. The storytelling is detailed, essential and outright fun to follow. My judgement over the series was formed swiftly; it is in all honesty the best TV show to watch, learn about, talk about and even anticipate.

Official trailer

I can dance to this.​

Aizen

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
A few thoughts on the top 4 -

Game of Thrones - Not that surprising this would be number 1 considering its popularity. I also had it as the top one in my list. I can definitely see why some might feel it has declined a bit writing-wise (mainly due to the show writers not having the books as a reference anymore), but it still is to me, one of the most entertaining shows on TV that I have seen. The acting, score, cinematography, and epicness are hard to beat in GOT.

Breaking Bad - When I initially made my list, I was only through season 4 (that's how much I liked it then), and I have since finished the series. Though this was probably unwise to list it without finishing it first, I felt it was a good bet considering what I had heard about the final season.:XD Suffice to say I was not disappointed and had I finished it before the game started, I would have put it at number 1 instead. It only got better as it went on, with some of the best acting performances I have seen (especially Cranston and Paul), great writing for the plot and characters throughout, and a very satisfying ending,

The Wire - Have not seen this one, but I hear amazing things from almost everyone I talk to. I will be sure to watch it in the coming months.

Smallville - This does not seem like the type of show for my taste from what I saw of it, but gotta give a shout out to @Emperor Spriggan, who really wanted this to go far. :hip

Also, thanks to @BluePegasus for hosting the event! It was very fun. :verily
A-yup, moi too.

Yet you voted it #1..? :hmm
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Idk, I've gotten the impression that most people share our sentiment on GoT on this forum... maybe I'm wrong though. But I do see people saying on FB posts all the time that the series "only gets better all the time after those slow first seasons". Which is like, "what?"
I am surprised by that, I actually think the early seasons are the best GOT's has to offer (talking 2-4 particularly).

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Country
Sweden
I am surprised by that, I actually think the early seasons are the best GOT's has to offer (talking 2-4 particularly).
1 & 2 are fantastic, 3 is also friggin' great and 4 is good. After which it's a slow downhill full of bumps and (plot)holes.

But so many people are like "man, dem seens wid all de talking is confoosing, I want more nakedness and CGI dragons. Also, teleporting people."

Xadyu

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Country
Netherlands
1 & 2 are fantastic, 3 is also friggin' great and 4 is good. After which it's a slow downhill full of bumps and (plot)holes.
Season 7 is very complicated. It's writing is atrocious, yet everything we see on-screen is a delight for eyes.

It's the purest form of fanservice I've seen in Western television.

Ustegius

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Country
Fun Forum
I
It is truly HBO's finest moment to date – it was a risk of a predominant fantasy show that exceeded expectations, eventually being recognized as a worldwide wonder.

Fanboy much?

Sorry, but it has been a rough downhill and the writing isn't just a 'bit worse without reference'. One word - Dorne. Something they would have had reference for, yet they made the shit plotline and characterization they did.

And I like the show as I said. It just isn't the storytelling masterpiece people make it to be

Emperor Spriggan

Country
Kenya
Smallville - This does not seem like the type of show for my taste from what I saw of it, but gotta give a shout out to @Emperor Spriggan, who really wanted this to go far. :hip
:confetti:confetti
Smallville making top 5 is the best thing I'm taking away from this rating:blai. Game of Thrones winning was expected, I'm more surprised more people didn't see this coming. Which shows did people expect to win? :blink It's one of the biggest current phenomena on modern day television for a reason. I prefer the books but the TV series is also incredibly adapted.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Country
Sweden
Season 7 is very complicated. It's writing is atrocious, yet everything we see on-screen is a delight for eyes.

It's the purest form of fanservice I've seen in Western television.
Yeah, but for a show where the early seasons is pretty much ALL about the good writing and it sets the tone for what the series should be, it just pisses me off. Seriously. :fail

Aizen

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Country
United States

But so many people are like "man, dem seens wid all de talking is confoosing, I want more nakedness and CGI dragons. Also, teleporting people."
Well fair enough, we see the series a bit differently I suppose.:XD I would say 1 was great, 2-4 were phenomenal, and 5-7 were still good (with great moments). Definitely, a decline in the writing of the plots imo as GRRM's writing faded and the show writers took over, but still very entertaining. Which is at the end of the day all I care about in a list such as this.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Country
Sweden
Well fair enough, we see the series a bit differently I suppose.:XD I would say 1 was great, 2-4 were phenomenal, and 5-7 were still good (with great moments). Definitely, a decline in the writing of the plots imo as GRRM's writing faded and the show writers took over, but still very entertaining. Which is at the end of the day all I care about in a list such as this.
I mean, I've still watched all of Game of Thrones, and I don't despise it, but I find myself being more and more annoyed and less and less blown away (which happened several times every episode in the first few seasons). Sure the dragons look incredible, the battle scenes are spectacular etc, but like I said, since the first seasons set the bar so high in terms of excellent writing to balance the cool action stuff, the last couple of seasons have felt more and more hollow. Like half of what made the show good is missing, while half of it is still just as good.

Anyway, yeah, new theme! I wonder if books will ever happen..

Aizen

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
I

Fanboy much?

Sorry, but it has been a rough downhill and the writing isn't just a 'bit worse without reference'. One word - Dorne. Something they would have had reference for, yet they made the shit plotline and characterization they did.

And I like the show as I said. It just isn't the storytelling masterpiece people make it to be
I agree with you on the Dorne plotline. I just don't think the writing is as atrocious as you guys are making it out be in an overall sense per season.

And it does not have to be a storytelling masterpiece to be in peoples favorites lol.

I mean, I've still watched all of Game of Thrones, and I don't despise it, but I find myself being more and more annoyed and less and less blown away (which happened several times every episode in the first few seasons). Sure the dragons look incredible, the battle scenes are spectacular etc, but like I said, since the first seasons set the bar so high in terms of excellent writing to balance the cool action stuff, the last couple of seasons have felt more and more hollow. Like half of what made the show good is missing, while half of it is still just as good.

Anyway, yeah, new theme! I wonder if books will ever happen..
That's fair. Like I said, I can see the gripes, I just personally find them less problematic than you guys do for enjoyment purposes.

BluePegasus

Country
Netherlands
Yes, it's HBO's finest moment. The only real opponents are The Wire and The Sopranos. The first-mentioned feels like a passionate presentation of ... reprocessed material, while the latter is indeed brilliant but relies strongly on the fact that it was pioneering. I don't know who amongst you all flooded the Game of Thrones thread with spiteful comments last year, but those were pretty silly when you consider what the show has already achieved. The fact that a TV show, one that only arised from the '10s, tremendously popularized the fantasy genre even after we've had the likes of The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter is incredible. Just think about its impact as a short-term influencer. But still, people call out the show for shit due to some complicated time-related themes in the writing, yet The Sopranos had quite a few of undeveloped moments that I hear no one about.

Anyway, I'll post the top 10 recap soon.

Ustegius

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Country
Fun Forum
No ones denying that it isn't a phenomenon and a great achievement. It just isn't a well written show anymore and saying it is the greatest show ever is imho great overhype.

Reminds me of Lost. It was the worlds most popular show at it's time. The hype and amount of awards was biggest during the final seasons. It was ranked the best ever in many popularity votes. In retrospect, most people tend to agree, that the end was pretty bad and it isn't overall top 10 alltime material.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)