zimbardo

Pleased, but sticky
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
1st place
43 Points
Died of a broken heart - when your crush would rather be in an incestual relationship than settle down with you...

Ah, good old Sakura.
If ever there was a wasted character, she was surely it.

As the manga progressed, all 3 of the main characters (yes, I include her in this list - though, perhaps I shouldn't) were seen to grow and develop. They each followed on in the footsteps of the famous, legendary, Sannin - and were equally interesting, as a result of that...

... or so it should have been.

Naruto and Sasuke did indeed follow in the footsteps of Jiraiya and Orochimaru, respectively.
Sakura, however, was not so lucky.

Sure, she did learn Tsunade's techniques (becoming, pretty much, a clone of her) but that was where her character stopped developing.

She was the manga's chance at a strong female character - a goal which might have been achieved under any other mangaka.

It was such a waste.

Then we have her infatuation with a guy who flat-out hated her (how anyone is meant to buy her ending up, and having a kid, with him beggars belief [I really thought Sasuke would die celibate - as befitted his character])
The guy tells her, to her face, that he hates her - she doesn't bat an eyelid
The guy leaves her, without a word of goodbye, and then runs away whenever she gets close - she takes this as him playing hard to get
The guy tries to murder her, all to stop her following him - she really can't take the hint
The guy mind-fucks her with Tsukuyomi - she must, surely, be a masochist to want to end up with a dick like this?!?

She is even willing to lie to one of her best friends - a man she knows loves her (though, why, I'm not sure - if I recall correctly, it's got something to do with her forehead?!?)

So
- uniqueness is 0
- emotional complexity is 0
- how good a role-model she is is 0

I mean, Hinata also made a showing in these rankings. But Hinata, for all her faults, has about as strongly developed character as Sakura.
Also, more importantly, Hinata was never one of the 3 main characters.
AND, Naruto, as much as he ignored her, was never a dick to Hinata.

At least Kishimoto never tried to make Sakura into an object of sexual desire - as some mangakas do with their female characters
- that truly would have been fucking painful to read...

zimbardo

Pleased, but sticky
Mangahelper
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Well, Faust was doing Anime movies and Xadyu manga characters (though I'm sure Gry already knew that - the little teaser)

I'd rather not run anything that's already planned (nor which I have already sent a list in for...)

Xadyu

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Country
Netherlands
We can always redirect the lists '-'

Yeah, it’s not like @Xadyu has been working on his game lately anyway.

(Got you covered man.)
I told you not to tell anyone! :yelling
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
May I suggest a good next theme that hasn't beed done before? @zimbardo @FaustXIII

Top 10 manga characters :lambirb
You can still send a list in too me. :cookiehand
That's one way to solve the Bebop domination.
Bebop has manga, even though they're shit, Spike is still Spike. :cheez

GrySun

Country
Germany
Well, Faust was doing Anime movies and Xadyu manga characters (though I'm sure Gry already knew that - the little teaser)

I'd rather not run anything that's already planned (nor which I have already sent a list in for...)
I‘d rather the list I made to not go to waste, than to simply copypaste and send to someone else doing that theme :catshrug

You can still send a list in too me. :cookiehand
You already have a list from me :bnah

uberfayt

Country
Imperium of Mankind
It may have been over a month, but here I go anyway:

Goku (as presented in the original dragon ball and dragon ball z anime) is one of my favourite characters. He obviously had his flaws, but his qualities easily made up for that.
Then Dragon ball "Super" happened, and turned him into a dumb, insensitive and overexcited pile of dung. So, I put Goku on this list as a giant middle finger to Toei for ruining my childhood, and as a big "F*CK YOU" to Toriyama for allowing and hyping this massacre.

@Brandish glad you put that little biatch Mavis where she belongs. Cheers mate !

Also, a belated thank you to @zimbardo for organizing this.

GrySun

Country
Germany
It may have been over a month, but here I go anyway:

Goku (as presented in the original dragon ball and dragon ball z anime) is one of my favourite characters. He obviously had his flaws, but his qualities easily made up for that.
Then Dragon ball "Super" happened, and turned him into a dumb, insensitive and overexcited pile of dung. So, I put Goku on this list as a giant middle finger to Toei for ruining my childhood, and as a big "F*CK YOU" to Toriyama for allowing and hyping this massacre.

@Brandish glad you put that little biatch Mavis where she belongs. Cheers mate !

Also, a belated thank you to @zimbardo for organizing this.
We also shared Bakugo pick uber. Any words about him you wanna share?

uberfayt

Country
Imperium of Mankind
We also shared Bakugo pick uber. Any words about him you wanna share?
First of all, bro fist !

In the first MHA chapters that I checked, Bakugo had this cliche gimmick of being a loudmouth punk who thinks he owns the world, and in a very annoying way, like constantly-being-woken-up-at-night-by-a-mosquito annoying...moreover his main purpose was clearly to serve as a stepping stone for the main character to surpass...pretty meh :catshrug

Now to be honest, I would say I put him on my list more so as a representative of the loud-bully-gimmick in general, than as a character (cuz frankly I don't care about him, like at all ^^).

So to sum it up, he's just a shitty brat who needs some spanking correction from, I don't know, All-might or Midorya, in order to calm his tits a little :) .
Oops, maybe I said a bit too much there

:pjsalt:pjsalt:pjsalt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)