Tower of ghouls - The floor of coffee | Page 18 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Tower of ghouls - The floor of coffee

Which theme would you like to see in mafia games?

• Noblesse

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Tower of God

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Gintama

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Terra Formars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Something like the troll games ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Pumi did you eat anymore humans?

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Pumi do you read Kimetsu no Yaiba?

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I have a task for you @Lady pompom. A quest, if you will. That quest is to get @GrySun to read Tower of God by any means necessary.

I believe in you, Asia-chan.:verily
I will do my best, Sir! <_>/
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Pumi do you read Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Sorry the late reply, missed it somehow ç.ç Arjun-san!

I don't read Kimetsu no yaiba, think some friends recommended, but I didn't start it.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I will do my best, Sir! <_>/
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Sorry the late reply, missed it somehow ç.ç Arjun-san!

I don't read Kimetsu no yaiba, think some friends recommended, but I didn't start it.
Hmmm Attack on Titan?

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I have a task for you @Lady pompom. A quest, if you will. That quest is to get @GrySun to read Tower of God by any means necessary.

I believe in you, Asia-chan.:verily
Well you heard him, by any means necessary Bia. Curious what you do <_>

That said Jammin, is ToG to you what JoJo is for me? :grumble You suggest it often, and your Speedwagon-waifu of choice is from there too.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
That said Jammin, is ToG to you what JoJo is for me? :grumble You suggest it often, and your Speedwagon-waifu of choice is from there too.
At least that, if not more.

The thing about Tower of God is that there is nothing else like it. I've read a lot of comics. And I have never found anything even close to what Tower of God is. In terms of setting, plot, and characters it's something special. The world is unique. The plot is evolving and satisfying. And the characters...

Like long running shounen's biggest problem, in my opinion, has always been stunted character growth. A lot of authors can't do that well. Luffy at the beginning of One Piece is the same person he is at the current chapter. And if they do grow it's never shown as a process. It just suddenly is. Tower of God takes a nuanced and gradual approach and does it with a much wider variety of characters. Providing a little something for everybody and then delivering on that promise via real character development.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
At least that, if not more.

The thing about Tower of God is that there is nothing else like it. I've read a lot of comics. And I have never found anything even close to what Tower of God is. In terms of setting, plot, and characters it's something special. The world is unique. The plot is evolving and satisfying. And the characters...

Like long running shounen's biggest problem, in my opinion, has always been stunted character growth. A lot of authors can't do that well. Luffy at the beginning of One Piece is the same person he is at the current chapter. And if they do grow it's never shown as a process. It just suddenly is. Tower of God takes a nuanced and gradual approach and does it with a much wider variety of characters. Providing a little something for everybody and then delivering on that promise via real character development.
I did ask @syx once about it and he also highly praised it. May give it a try.

Do you know JoJo? I'd describe it similarly to how you did ToG with "nothing else like it".

Reactions: syx

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I did ask @syx once about it and he also highly praised it. May give it a try.

Do you know JoJo? I'd describe it similarly to how you did ToG with "nothing else like it".
I have, and while I couldn't get into it, there were some things about it I Iiked a lot.

Like the way the story is told generationally is something I really appreciated. Allowing for a lot more focused storytelling and exploring different genres and settings. Which ToG does similarly with the way that each floor in the Tower the characters are climbing is a world unto itself.

The catch I ran into is the style just wasn't for me. And that's such a huge part of Jojo. That's something I feel like your either into or your not. And I'm just not. I respect what it is though.

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hmmm Attack on Titan?
I did, but stopped when it started becomig complicated. I forget what happens in weekly chapters, imagine monthly ones :XD that said, I will wait to read it fully, but enjoyed a lot both manga and anime.

Well you heard him, by any means necessary Bia. Curious what you do _
I am not reading Berserk <_> 4 seasons of Jojo should be enough to have credits for reading ToG :heh

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I did, but stopped when it started becomig complicated. I forget what happens in weekly chapters, imagine monthly ones :XD that said, I will wait to read it fully, but enjoyed a lot both manga and anime.

I am not reading Berserk <_> 4 seasons of Jojo should be enough to have credits for reading ToG :heh
What does @Jammin think of your Berserk-avoidance I wonder :rolleyes: Does Jammin know Berserk?