Chapter Tower of God - Chapter 152 Discussion / 153 Predictions

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Sorry but I think we are not understanding each other.

Ok, so you're arguing that the whole being used as a tool speech was an act and the real reason was because the other regulars were being treated unfairly? If so then firstly, what was the point in the speech in the first place? It's not like he needs to keep up any appearances and it's not like anyone in the crowd heard what he was saying, a simple "fight each other or I'll kill you all" would have sufficed and made things "fair" again.
What speech are you talking about, I swear I have no idea. Sorry.

Secondly, what did he actually achieve? The other regulars were already beaten up by the time he did anything and now that there are two plug spaces left, they'll just battle and potentially kill each other for those spaces, so in effect all he was doing was punishing the fake FUG regulars.
Yes, that was basically what he was doing. So what? Even more, he could just have gone and have put his rod in the plug space, and let the other to fight for the two spaces reaining. But he didn't? Why? Your view is that there is not a good reason for it, given Baam personality and story. My view is that he disapprove what he saw. I think that's the same view Wangnan had of the fight. I'd have to point that that view is the one credited by the chapter. Well it simply happened.

Thirdly, when Koon brought that extra team out in the crown game and used that to his advantage, why didn't Baam speak out then? Teaming up is a tactic which didn't break any of the rules, the "fair" regulars probably would have done the same thing if they had thought of it.
Painful experiences change people. I'd thought we can't compare the Baam from S1 to Baam from S2. My guess would be that betrayal and pain have make a mark on him.

As for those situations which you say are comparable:
Horyang was a friend. As I said, he doesn't fight anyone unless if it somehow relates to his friends, whether that is protecting them or reacting with rage when they're hurt. Even then, even when he thought that Ran and Novik killed Horyang, he didn't kill them because he is pretty much incapable of killing someone, which brings me onto my next point...

Killing Yeon was never an option. It doesn't fit with his moral code. Now, he was under attack by Yeon so he had to do something, so extracting that thing was pretty much expected. That was still nothing like this situation, he wasn't reacting to injustice, he was simply reacting to being attacked without killing anyone.

As for the police bot, it's not comparable because it's simply a machine. It didn't involve having to hurt another human being which we have constantly been told is something which he avoids unless he has no choice. Though out of all your examples, this is probably the closest.
Now all your argument goes: since he had not act like that, it's not believable he now acts like that. Well, people is not like that, you know. If you add the fight of this chapter to the end of those commented situations and add at the beginning the fact that in the firsts scenes of S2, he seemed to don't care at all about nobody, then you can see a traces of a progression.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
The strange part is Anak finding out that it's Baam with fewer clues than anyone else and she wasn't even that close to him.
Indeed. Anak and Baam never got along, so yes, it was strange for her to find out that it's Baam.

Also, anyone else think that Rachel is in XiaXia's group? Next chapter could be interesting.
It's a possibility. I'd prefer that she weren't, but I assumed that she would be from the start.

It's true that Rachel is Michelle Light, so...

Last edited:

Nast.J

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I understand what abc123 wants to say.

Baam never showed any anger when he was used by XiaXia even if he had to and that was when he didn't even start to understand XX (that only happened a couple of chapters ago.) But somehow when 4 weak regulars take advantage of his status in order to get something, he gets mad?

Of course, one could argue that he couldn't do anything (as in showing annoyance, anger) towards XiaXia and the rest of FUG but to follow them without any anger because his friend's life are in danger and he's instead focusing on pleasing FUG and achieving stuff for them so that maybe they could release their hostages once they realize Baam's loyalness but we can't know that for sure.

To me, it's more like abc said earlier, that was pure character development to please the Viole's fan.

Of course, a little ''badass time'' won't kill anyone especially if it's from the main protagonist, that's what everyone would say. However SIU will need to be more on point towards that in order to avoid future contradictions of Viole's personality.

As for the chapter itself, I think it was a bit boring but necessary for the plot. We got to meet some future worthy regulars that might clash against Viole.
Androssi is really slow to get her minds straight... Hopefully Anak will finally dissolve all of her doubts about the Viole=Baam.

Speaking of E-regulars, Viviolga seems really interesting with his wooden swords. I hope he'll get more developpment.

I also predict a meeting between Hatsu and Leroro seems this one is disguising himself as a soldier, they might be close. Maybe Emile is guiding Hatsu towards Lero in order to get to know more about the Emile's project and potentially save her?

Last edited:

Black Void

Reaction score
Country
Germany
1: It was funny.. novick & ran told him.. take it easy.. but what did he do?..the opposite.. how the both looked & thought the same.. funny^^

2: Did you notice.. on page 23 you see Beta(with the sunglasses & shinssoo lines in his face) watching Baams fight ( the new brother of Horyang & cassano)

3: Baam wanted to go in & end it quick.... but what happened.. first off, 4 fake followers, babysit him, second, because of baams being the slayer candidate, the 4 try to use it to get a better standing (Baam is just a tool for their success), third... cuz of it, other persons suffer.. in a fight, thats not fair, and thats why baam wanted to end it quick, so he wouldn't have to take the blame ( he blames himself).

That's why he showed them, he's not their tool, he's not their god & he really gives a shit about it! How would you all react.. wouldn't you be a little bit angry?! soo baam kicked their butt to make a point.... and hopeful everyone understood it.

he was just frustrated, that everywhere he's being used & other suffer...

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Ok, I recognise I was wrong. I haven’t understood what abc was saying about a ‘tool speech’. Rereading the chapter I see he was right, and I see what speech he was talking about. And yes, now the whole fight seemed to me a bit farfetched. Basically Baam just understood what Vlador saw in those fakes. And that was the reason for fighting. That’s what the chapter tells. Also the comparison with Xia using him was fair enough.

Anyway, I remember at first I was thinking those guys deserved some kind of punishment for what they did. Then I found just natural for Baam punished them. But I thought it was because he was disapproving the whole cheating thing, including those regulars smashed by a group of cowards that agreed on how to safe some obstacles using his name for that. But the speech about being used as a tool is pretty conclusive about what was Baam’s reason for fight.

Last edited:

abc1233

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Sorry but I think we are not understanding each other.

What speech are you talking about, I swear I have no idea. Sorry.

Yes, that was basically what he was doing. So what? Even more, he could just have gone and have put his rod in the plug space, and let the other to fight for the two spaces reaining. But he didn't? Why? Your view is that there is not a good reason for it, given Baam personality and story. My view is that he disapprove what he saw. I think that's the same view Wangnan had of the fight. I'd have to point that that view is the one credited by the chapter. Well it simply happened.

Painful experiences change people. I'd thought we can't compare the Baam from S1 to Baam from S2. My guess would be that betrayal and pain have make a mark on him.

Now all your argument goes: since he had not act like that, it's not believable he now acts like that. Well, people is not like that, you know. If you add the fight of this chapter to the end of those commented situations and add at the beginning the fact that in the firsts scenes of S2, he seemed to don't care at all about nobody, then you can see a traces of a progression.
The speech he gives before the asskicking, explaining that he isn't some god who can be used to conveniently grant their wishes.

Look below, I'm not sure if that was what you meant before, but I find the reason that Baam feels indirectly responsible for hurting the "fair" regulars more believable that Baam disproving of the fake FUG regulars' tactics.

Not really sure about your last point. I already said that I'd consider it character development, but Wangnan knowing beforehand what Viole was going to do goes against that.

I understand what abc123 wants to say.

Baam never showed any anger when he was used by XiaXia even if he had to and that was when he didn't even start to understand XX (that only happened a couple of chapters ago.) But somehow when 4 weak regulars take advantage of his status in order to get something, he gets mad?

Of course, one could argue that he couldn't do anything (as in showing annoyance, anger) towards XiaXia and the rest of FUG but to follow them without any anger because his friend's life are in danger and he's instead focusing on pleasing FUG and achieving stuff for them so that maybe they could release their hostages once they realize Baam's loyalness but we can't know that for sure.

To me, it's more like abc said earlier, that was pure character development to please the Viole's fan.

Of course, a little ''badass time'' won't kill anyone especially if it's from the main protagonist, that's what everyone would say. However SIU will need to be more on point towards that in order to avoid future contradictions of Viole's personality.

As for the chapter itself, I think it was a bit boring but necessary for the plot. We got to meet some future worthy regulars that might clash against Viole.
Androssi is really slow to get her minds straight... Hopefully Anak will finally dissolve all of her doubts about the Viole=Baam.

Speaking of E-regulars, Viviolga seems really interesting with his wooden swords. I hope he'll get more developpment.

I also predict a meeting between Hatsu and Leroro seems this one is disguising himself as a soldier, they might be close. Maybe Emile is guiding Hatsu towards Lero in order to get to know more about the Emile's project and potentially save her?
That's a fair point, but then again Baam has been bossing Reflejo around and he is arguably of a higher standing in FUG than XiaXia, so at least showing a disapproval of XiaXia seems pretty minor in comparison.

1: It was funny.. novick & ran told him.. take it easy.. but what did he do?..the opposite.. how the both looked & thought the same.. funny^^

2: Did you notice.. on page 23 you see Beta(with the sunglasses & shinssoo lines in his face) watching Baams fight ( the new brother of Horyang & cassano)

3: Baam wanted to go in & end it quick.... but what happened.. first off, 4 fake followers, babysit him, second, because of baams being the slayer candidate, the 4 try to use it to get a better standing (Baam is just a tool for their success), third... cuz of it, other persons suffer.. in a fight, thats not fair, and thats why baam wanted to end it quick, so he wouldn't have to take the blame ( he blames himself).

That's why he showed them, he's not their tool, he's not their god & he really gives a shit about it! How would you all react.. wouldn't you be a little bit angry?! soo baam kicked their butt to make a point.... and hopeful everyone understood it.

Yeah that actually makes the most sense. It's not so much because of their tactic in general that he felt the need to react, but that their tactic pretty much involved him taking at least part of the blame. It's still not a reason without any problems but it seems to be the best one so far.

Ok, I recognise I was wrong. I haven’t understood what abc was saying about a ‘tool speech’. Rereading the chapter I see he was right, and I see what speech he was talking about. And yes, now the whole fight seemed to me a bit farfetched. Basically Baam just understood what Vlador saw in those fakes. And that was the reason for fighting. That’s what the chapter tells. Also the comparison with Xia using him was fair enough.

Anyway, I remember at first I was thinking those guys deserved some kind of punishment for what they did. Then I found just natural for Baam punished them. But I thought it was because he was disapproving the whole cheating thing, including those regulars smashed by a group of cowards that agreed on how to safe some obstacles using his name for that. But the speech about being used as a tool is pretty conclusive about what was Baam’s reason for fight.
haha, this is a curious turn of events. Now I partly agree with your initial point (i think) and you agree with mine.

Last edited:

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
The speech he gives before the asskicking, explaining that he isn't some god who can be used to conveniently grant their wishes.

Look below, I'm not sure if that was what you meant before, but I find the reason that Baam feels indirectly responsible for hurting the "fair" regulars more believable that Baam disproving of the fake FUG regulars' tactics.

Not really sure about your last point. I already said that I'd consider it character development, but Wangnan knowing beforehand what Viole was going to do goes against that.

That's a fair point, but then again Baam has been bossing Reflejo around and he is arguably of a higher standing in FUG than XiaXia, so at least showing a disapproval of XiaXia seems pretty minor in comparison.

Yeah that actually makes the most sense. It's not so much because of their tactic in general that he felt the need to react, but that their tactic pretty much involved him taking at least part of the blame. It's still not a reason without any problems but it seems to be the best one so far.

haha, this is a curious turn of events. Now I partly agree with your initial point (i think) and you agree with mine.
lol. Now I found that Black Boyd is right and wrote what I was trying to say quite well. I have to improve my writing skills. Anyhow, I agree that the whole fight with those fake guys was not good, but that was because SIU used too much many panels on it. He should have spent only one, for instance one blow to eliminate all four guys; that would have made Baam look as dangerous as Mad Dog.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I have to say that, apart from the thing with Anak, the most interesting part of this chapter was confirming that Baam really likes Love's Blue Oar technique. We saw him use it to avoid a strike from Horyang before the Arlen's Hand arc and now he randomly used it to avoid fodder. Why he didn't just massacre the fodder straight up, I don't know, because that's what should've happened, but SIU chose differently.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia

Yes, it's like you say it. This chapter and the other ones before have being spending some panels in the public. In this chapter Vlador and Wangnan but also Androssi and Anak in a different scene talk about the audience being noisy and making ruckus for Baam. In addition to what you say it could be that Baam also dislikes to be a vedette.

conn-man

Reaction score
Country
United States
So did anyone else see Dan behind Rak? It looks like he may have regained some speed, I get the feeling its not back to normal but he has healed at least.

And really, I think Koon won the most bets, everyone in Tangsooyok could be getting a nice gift.

sizel

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Baam did show annoyance toward XX.
He threatened to kill her along with the rest of FUG if they were to try something like the Arlene's hand incident again.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
This part of the arc is getting more and more interesting. Emile seems to be driving Hatsu. Lo is there for some reason. And the price of the tourney seems to be in the center of all the action: Workshop and FUG organizations are interested on it.... Everything can happen there!!!

Nast.J

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Baam did show annoyance toward XX.
He threatened to kill her along with the rest of FUG if they were to try something like the Arlene's hand incident again.
That's because they tried to kill Koon who happens to be his precious friend. He will follow FUG and XX with no problem if they don't touch his friends because that's what most valuable to him as he said before. He doesn't care what happens to him as long as his friends are safe.

Did you see him threaten XX or anyone in FUG before? No, he was following orders and never showed any sign of negativity because he's trying to hold his own for his friend and when XX crossed that line, he had no choice to say something.

So yes, he didn't mind nor showed any annoyance when XX or FUG used him and called him god etc.. but he did mind it when the 4 weakings regulars did.

This part of the arc is getting more and more interesting. Emile seems to be driving Hatsu. Lo is there for some reason. And the price of the tourney seems to be in the center of all the action: Workshop and FUG organizations are interested on it.... Everything can happen there!!!
Exactly, I'm very excited to see where this is going! I am sad though because the tournament will probably not end and we might not see as much fights as we wanted to. I also hope the upcoming parts of the tournaments are going to be more interesting than a simple plug the plug competition.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
I wonder what sort of trouble Hatsu is going to find himself in. And it seems as though Anak is starting to catch on to Viole's identity. Things are getting more and more interesting.

Bhoot

Reaction score
Country
India
Rak the aligator-hawk beats the shit out of the turtles!!!

I was surprised to see that no more than 1-2 people were advancing every round even though a total of 3 could pass . Reducing the competition i guess .
Curios as to how the teams will be formed and how the score will affect the next round . As such , the score might not make a difference once u get into the top 5 as otherwise the balance of power might not occur .

I was surprised to see no upset yet , where is the troll inside SIU gone !!

Anyways , I am getting the feeling that the whole royale might just in fact be a way to have Emile analyse and learn the way all the regulars are fighting and then release her to fight the winner so as to show off and test her .
I'd say its limited to e-grade as all above would be harder and this could be like the 1st step to artificially creating a perfect army or something along the lines .

LoS

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
Thoughts on the chapter:

Midway though the battles. We still have Ran/Novik/Xia Xia/Cassano to see fight from FUG, and maybe Yuto who was never shown up on the balcony with the rest of them for some odd reason. We still have to see Anak/Amigo/Laure/Hatsu from Leesoo's team. Amigo might still be too messed up to fight, Laure might not take part in the competition, and Hatsu. I'll talk about Hatsu's situation in a bit. I wouldn't mind if SIU just completely glossed over these battles just showing a panel for each character as winners of their groups.

I really don't want it to be Rachel for this Michelle in Xia Xia's group, I will just leave it at that, I really don't want it to be her.

SIU might have made a mistake showing the Cat guy and the other dude sheathing their swords in their round. They are supposed to be holding their Plugs the entire time, so are we to believe they held their swords with the other? Instead of just using their Plugs as swords?

I am not entirely sure the red hat and glasses guy with the blue veins beneath his eyes is Beta. All signs point to him being Beta due to the outward appearance, but we saw this same guy with glasses and a hat in an earlier chapter sitting in the crowd before we saw the bandaged Beta in the lab. That and the panel this chapter that showed the Beta lookalike was comprised of other regulars competing in the tournament, so that means this guy is also a competitor most likely. But in the earlier chapter that he was show this guy was in the crowd when the MC's mentioned regulars and guests viewing the tournament, not competing. Also, I had it in mind that Beta would not be involved in this tournament but the chaos that is to follow, concerning Emile and all that Jazz. One problem is that Beta's character alluded that he likes to fight tough/strong opponents, so what better way than to enter this competition?

Din = Dan, lol at that disguise SIU.

Don't know how I feel about Baam's display out there. While he made it look easy, he didn't make it look incredibly easy a la Fast Skip freezing everyone, or shooting everyone with a bunch of shinsoo simultaneously. He didn't look incredibly impressive, but I guess it got the job done. I am still eagerly waiting for the fight that SIU said Baam would have to go all out, his first serious fight yet with a chance of winning.

Now on to Hatsu's situation. Hatsu escaping allows him the opportunity to make it back in time to still compete in the Plug rounds, true enough. Although, what is he going to do about his sword? Will he simply pick one up that is lying around somewhere in the lab/workshop while he's escaping? I figured the moment he obtained a new sword would have much more meaning, that it would be way more of a substantial story or challenge. For that reason a tiny part of me is saying that he won't make it back in time to compete in the Plug rounds, but rather stick around the lab and see what is happening, and somehow obtain a new sword in the process.

I am sad though because the tournament will probably not end and we might not see as much fights as we wanted to. I also hope the upcoming parts of the tournaments are going to be more interesting than a simple plug the plug competition.
I agree that the tournament might not end due to a multitude of reasons, Emile, Crooked Gong Bang being exposed, FUG/Wing Tree cause a scene, etc.

But I don't think you need to worry too much about more lengthy and detailed fights. SIU said that the team rounds, the next round, will be the focus, and much more heavily featured in the arc. It's going to be more interesting because the fighters will on average all be much stronger than what we are seeing in the Plug rounds, they will be much more serious as well, plus there might even be betrayals and such occurring within teams due to poor team selection by the captains.

VanquisherR

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
i love the way SIU constructs his characters. The psychology for regulars is fantastically realistic and the plots they come up with express human nature at both its high glory and darkest moments.

TheBoss

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Damn I want more T_T
Baam clearly didnt use even half of his power, but jinsung training seems to be showing more and more, with that fight moves.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Don't know how I feel about Baam's display out there. While he made it look easy, he didn't make it look incredibly easy a la Fast Skip freezing everyone, or shooting everyone with a bunch of shinsoo simultaneously. He didn't look incredibly impressive, but I guess it got the job done. I am still eagerly waiting for the fight that SIU said Baam would have to go all out, his first serious fight yet with a chance of winning.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I was disappointed that Baam didn't crush them more effortlessly, but I guess Ran and Novick did tell him to go easy, so...

Now on to Hatsu's situation. Hatsu escaping allows him the opportunity to make it back in time to still compete in the Plug rounds, true enough. Although, what is he going to do about his sword? Will he simply pick one up that is lying around somewhere in the lab/workshop while he's escaping? I figured the moment he obtained a new sword would have much more meaning, that it would be way more of a substantial story or challenge. For that reason a tiny part of me is saying that he won't make it back in time to compete in the Plug rounds, but rather stick around the lab and see what is happening, and somehow obtain a new sword in the process.
I was thinking that Lero-ro would give him one, assuming he meets Lero-ro in the next little bit (I don't think we saw one in Lero-ro's Arms Inventory, but who knows). Who knows what Quant's up to at this point.

s2k03

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well we all know that viole could have beat them all at once by opening 5 rooms or freezing them all, but I guess he was just lazy or didnt want to injure them that bad.