Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 317 Discussion / 318 Predictions | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 317 Discussion / 318 Predictions

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Tower of God.

Posting Rules
  • Spoiler threads may be locked until confirmed spoilers are available.
  • Anyone who has found spoilers may PM a Local Moderator for that forum or a Global Moderator/Administrator to unlock the Spoiler Pics & Summaries thread.
  • When posting spoilers, please include said spoiler, link to the source and credit them whenever possible(see Formatting Spoilers below); we understand that some spoilers may be posted anonymously.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule
  • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english Edited Manga is publicly released.
  • With consideration for your fellow members, posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter must be kept within [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
  • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
  • For series with no forum, [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags must be used while the 24 hour rule is enforced.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
  • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released. We've eased up on the rule to allow discussion within spoiler tags, but please be adhere to these. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.

Spoiler Pics and Translations
  • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries. Check the thread before posting. Redundant posts will be removed.
  • Please keep in mind that some members have a slow connection or on mobile quota, so if there're several large images, enclose them in spoiler tags for faster rendering of the page.
  • Videos are not a valid form of chapter/ spoilers, please avoid posting those.
  • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
  • Under no circumstance is it acceptable to post rips of official scans (Viz, Kondasha, etc) on the forum.

Formatting SpoilersWe ask that proper format is followed, to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience. Ensure you are always providing a link to the source for your spoilers, as well as crediting the original poster where possible.

Example One ( Spoiler Pics):

Source:Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Example Two (Spoiler Text):

Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

In the case of series that do not have sub-forum please follow the same format, adding [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags:

Credit: Ohana

Shobu_Yoruichi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Let's Get Ready to Rumbleee!!!

khun and his nasty skills are not included.

(It's everything before the presentation of the chapter)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Gatekeeper : Are you trying to get into the FOD? I am the last gatekeeper. The livings cannot pass here.
If you're dead, tell me your name and where you belong to.
Matha : It's Matha!! Yuliu Matha!! As a parasite controller, I've overseen the intruders!!
I've just completed my mission and want to return!! Just let me in!!
( Baam awakes from a sleep.)
Baam : Where am i...?
Hockney: So you're awake!!
Baam : ...Mr.Hockney? What is this place..?
Hockney : Shhhh.... Just keep quiet. I'm sure you have many questions but please stay quiet for now.
If that one figure out that we're inside of the bug, we'll be sunk... He's the high -leech monk the last gatekeeper.
If he ever notices we're here, he'll take our souls.
Baam : He's taking our souls?
Matha : Now, Just get me in.
Gatekeeper : ...Wait.
Baam : What do you mean he takes soul...?
Hockney : ...He is the last gatekeeper. The one who guards the entrance of the hall.
He's the only one who has character among gatekeepers, so he never attacks the opponent like the others.
Gatekeepers are organized corps, which consist of observers, eyebugs and leech-level gatekeeps,
If someone kills an observer, the lightbulb comes out killing the clock and waits the eyebug.
The eyebug endlessly haunt the intruders and call the leech-level gatekeeper. They are soulless giant bugs. so they never die.
And finally, who's standing over there is the last gatekeeper. He takes every man's soul who ever tries to get into the FOD.
Essentially, all the people in the FOD have to commit their souls to gatekeepers.
But no one can get back his soul. To be short, it is impossible to escape from FOD.
Baam : ...? But you succeeded.
Hockney : ... That's because...
Gatekeeper : Matha the parasite controller. My judgement about your passing the floor is - 'disapproval'!
Matha : Whaaaaa!? Why! I am certainly the dead one who committed own soul!!
Gatekeeper : Maybe you know the reason. I know two livings are still in your bug.
I am the one who can see the soul. You can't trick my eyes.
Matha : ( Damn... He noticed...!)
Gatekeeper : The living cannot get into the FOD. Those two also have to be 'the dead' by committing their souls.
If you really want to be with them, hand their souls to these shinhehuh.
Hockney : So cheating never works... // Baam : Is that...?
Hockney: It's the shinhehuh which takes soul. It's called soul-eating fish. You may go back to your friends with this bug.
This is the only chance that you can escape without losing soul. It is far beyond your power.
Baam : Huh...? Then what about you...?
Hockney : I'll go even if i lose my soul. There's a something that i have to retrieve.
Matha : Are you really coming with me, Hockney? // Hockney : Of course. I cannot give up.
Baam : So do i l! // Hockney : What...?
Baam : Just like you, I have something that i have to get back! Even if it endangers my life!! I can't just go back!! I felt something calling me!! I must find that light!!
Hockney : ...The light? ( I didn't see anything. Did he really felt something..?
Why is he trying to get into the FOD, even risking his own life?? Whatever it is, I cannot stop him. ) Fine... Follow me.
Gatekeeper : So you are the intruders who're trying to get into the FOD... Tell me your name.
Hockney : David Hockney. // Baam : 25th Baam.
Gatekeeper : Good. Now commit your souls.
Baam : ...? // Hockney : Just stay still. They're just taking your soul. Your life is not in danger.
( Countless souls are coming out from Baam .)
Hockney: What the...?! Souls...? Why are they so many...!?
Gatekeeper : ( Multiple souls came out from one man...? )
Hockney : What are you...? // Baam : Oh... ( So They're souls that i got from Mr.Hoaqin..! )
Baam : Can i just commit mine? These souls are what i have to protect...
Gatekeeper : Who...are you? A monster...?
Baam : ( I don't think he's gonna believe stories about Mr.Hoaqin... But i cannot tell him i'm an irregular either....)
I'm just a regular. I'll commit my soul, just please let me in.
Gatekeeper : Your request is disapproved.
( Numerous Baamboo spears are coming out.)
Matha : They're bamboo spears of the last gatekeeper!!
( Baam activates his thorn.)
Gatekeeper : ( What is that red light...?) I think i have to test about it.
Matha : It's coming!! The bamboo spear!!
Hockney : What is your position...!? // Baam : I'm a wave controller...!
Hockney : Then you're Shinsoo user...! Shoot your shinsoo into the center of the bamboo!
There's no way to dodge that attack anyway...!! You must aim the hollow part of the spear...! // Baam : What? The hole you mean...?
Hockney : That's the core of the bamboo spear!! You believe what i'm saying ...!
Baam : ( Center of the Bamboo.. with my maximum power...!)
Gatekeeper : ( He destroyed my Shinsoo bamboo with single bang...?!)
Baam : Did i make it...?
Hockney : ( Only with just one bang...! But It didn't look that powerful.. )
Gatekeeper : ( What is that shining shinssoo..? It's odd...tiny but has mysterious power.
The boy with multiple souls. And he's using mysterious stuff and shinsoo... I have no idea why he's here but quite strange...
Then it's even more impossible to let him in...! )
??? : Stop, gatekeeper. An order is given. Let them in alive. // Gatekeeper : What...? From whom...?
??? : The hermit of North city, 'Garam.'
------------------------------------------------------------------------
( Yuri killed the stag beetle.)
??? : ( They broke the armor of leech plawan that easily. They're stronger than i expected. But it doesn't matter. Our guards are immortal. There's no chance on intruders. )
Yuri : They're coming back!?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Garam : They're real crude... If they keep being thoughtless, they'll soon die.
??? : What are you going to do princess..?
Garam : I think i have to go. I've already made promise with her.
I'll be meeting that boy in personally.
But I have to test If he's real savior of this tower as she mentioned.

Credits to Adat & Cletus Kasady from Batoto.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Oh, garam is here. I commented in the next chapte's spoiler page but I did not expect garam would be so young looking... Interesting development though.

I guess we can now have an idea as to why hockney had his soul in a painting. It is probably what allowed him out of the floor of death to begin with. And of course, once he got out he lost it and the whole thing was almost moot....

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Huh.... iirc Garam is one of the more senior and famous princesses. One that killed another princess for her 13 month series? Baam really seems like he's kicking ass this chapter. Good good :nod

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Kadir0

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Lol, the way Baam was thinking about how to leave this situation. This was an awesome chapter.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Interesting... I was wondering why the floor of death would have such a clearly defined and established defense system however seeing the chapter it does seem like this was somehow set up by garam. Even then it does not quite make sense though. Forcing people to pay their souls, actually being able to enforce this.... It's almost like she has a bit of the power of the administrator to be honest. Perhaps she somehow managed to tap into that via it's dead body? My original crackpot theory was that these guys were a sort of defense that naturally set up until the time a new administrator appears or is otherwise... hatched (they seem like the would come from eggs) but that doens't seem likely anymore if they are so willing to listen to what garan has to say.

This also opens a few questions regarding anak. We know she used to live in this floor but.... how did she get in and out? Does that mean she currently does not have her soul? I guess a way to escape the floor could be to be selected and be carried out by headon....

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Interesting... I was wondering why the floor of death would have such a clearly defined and established defense system however seeing the chapter it does seem like this was somehow set up by garam. Even then it does not quite make sense though. Forcing people to pay their souls, actually being able to enforce this.... It's almost like she has a bit of the power of the administrator to be honest. Perhaps she somehow managed to tap into that via it's dead body? My original crackpot theory was that these guys were a sort of defense that naturally set up until the time a new administrator appears or is otherwise... hatched (they seem like the would come from eggs) but that doens't seem likely anymore if they are so willing to listen to what garan has to say.

This also opens a few questions regarding anak. We know she used to live in this floor but.... how did she get in and out? Does that mean she currently does not have her soul? I guess a way to escape the floor could be to be selected and be carried out by headon....
Ultimately it's a matter of power since there is no Guardian. I don't think she set up all of this but she is most likely the strongest on this floor so the Leech can't disobey. She must have let Anak pass the same way due to her resemblance with the first Anak.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Holy shit, I didn't expect Garam to appear this early in this arc, that's great development here. Not to mention that she is absolutely beautiful and looks like a Koon family member! But the most interesting part for me was that Garam seems to have witnessed Enryu at least once, otherwise she wouldn't have compared Baam to Enryu. No wonder people who read the preview chapters went nuts, Garam will probably give us a huge load of information in the upcoming chapters. I can't wait for the next chapters. >.<

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Evan: Is ressurection a trend nowadays?
Yes, Evan, it is in many mangas. Sheesh, youngsters those days cannot think in anything but ressurecting characters.
Interesting to see that Garam has actually influence on the floor of death, a princess is a princess even in hell, I guess, and she's very beautiful too (Yuri is beautiful, but she is like a tomboy). And Yuri just acts like she's a school trip :XD:XD, I bet she will have problems using Shinso later, the floor is not a great enviroment for regulars, though, Baam and Mazino will probably have their screen time to shine because of this. And Baam worrying about the other souls, that's just like him, a golden-hearted boy. Good thing Rachel couldn't destroy this side of him.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
It also a little interesting to me that Beta is still in Koon's lighthouse all this time. I completely forgot about him. And it also begs the question what else has he got in there?
He was "shown" talking through a Lighthouse druing Name Hunt arc several times, but yeah it also took me by surprise that the works under Aguero for now. Since I don't really like him and don't want SIU to waste precious panel-time on him, I received this development with cheers. :amuse Hopefully, he will never leave that Lighthouse.

Evan: Is ressurection a trend nowadays?
Yes, Evan, it is in many mangas. Sheesh, youngsters those days cannot think in anything but ressurecting characters.
That part was inded very funny. :lmao Though, one would think someone of Evan's caliber - who is a High Ranker and whose job is to travel to all kind of places - has already seen the weirdest things in the Tower.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
He was "shown" talking through a Lighthouse druing Name Hunt arc several times, but yeah it also took me by surprise that the works under Aguero for now. Since I don't really like him and don't want SIU to waste precious panel-time on him, I received this development with cheers. :amuse Hopefully, he will never leave that Lighthouse.

That part was inded very funny. :lmao Though, one would think someone of Evan's caliber - who is a High Ranker and whose job is to travel to all kind of places - has already seen the weirdest things in the Tower.
Really? I never noticed beta talking before... He must be rather annoyed at being inside the lighthouse... I am surprised he is not offended by the concept considering that now he is literally khun's weapon.

Well, to be fair resurrection as a whole is a fairly strange deal. Even what little information we have suggests only enryu might be capable of such a thing. With that in mind this should be a first time even for evan to have seen a Resurrection. And to be fair, the floor of death is probably among the strangest places in the tower. If not the strangest place overall.

GOOMOONRYONG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Midway through the chapter I thought to myself, "I wonder if all the souls inside Baam will make an appearance". Pretty funny that the guardian to the real floor of death called Baam a monster. I was very surprised to see Garam so early on the floor. Do we know if Enryu is alive/dead?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Haha, good point.

Though, now that I think about it, SIU has done a pretty good job of pushing all the characters most fans weren't interested in to the margins. And done it in ways that I never noticed. Almost everybody who didn't resonate or couldn't compete with the top teir characters is just gone.

Arkraptor is gone.
Prince is gone.
Horyang is gone.
Cassano is gone.
Goseng is gone.
Miseng is gone.
Traveler is seemingly gone.
Beta is Koon's personal computer
Wangan is traveling around with Rachel while looking for a chance to end her(something we can all get behind)
Yihwa is traveling with Urek freakin' Mazino.

He's been crossing off a lot of names in the short term. Just another reason to be impressed with what he's done recently. He's pruned and done interesting and exciting things with the remaining ones.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Haha, good point.

Though, now that I think about it, SIU has done a pretty good job of pushing all the characters most fans weren't interested in to the margins. And done it in ways that I never noticed. Almost everybody who didn't resonate is just gone.

Arkraptor is gone.
Prince is gone.
Horyang is gone.
Cassano is gone.
Goseng is gone.
Miseng is gone.
Wangan is traveling around with Rachel while looking for a chance to end her(something we can all get behind)

He's been crossing off a lot of names in the short term. Just another reason to be impressed with what he's done recently. He's pruned and done interesting and exciting things with the remaining ones.
Well, to be fair cassano remains somewhat of a plot point even if the focus is not on him. My guess is that soon enough we will see this plot point be resolved and not hear from it again. Unless they just kill hyorang and casano....

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Oh boy this chapter. I'm surprised that the Final Gatekeeper hasn't fully caught on after seeing the Thorn. Like, what else could that "strange device" be? you're from the FoD. You should know lol.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, to be fair cassano remains somewhat of a plot point even if the focus is not on him. My guess is that soon enough we will see this plot point be resolved and not hear from it again. Unless they just kill hyorang and casano....
That's what I mean though. Only two of those characters are dead. But SIU got them all out of the picture or put them in a position to benefit from other characters.

Could be all of them (except the two dead ones) will reemerge down the road. And when they do they will have a much better chance to succeed. That's what I really applaud about what he's done. He's put these character in a position with the greatest chance of success. Like the characters that will actually be involved in this arc seem to be Yihwa and Wangan and they are in great positions.

Wangan is opposing Rachel(aka. Pure Evil)
Yihwa is with one of the coolest dudes in the tower.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Really? I never noticed beta talking before... He must be rather annoyed at being inside the lighthouse... I am surprised he is not offended by the concept considering that now he is literally khun's weapon.

Well, to be fair resurrection as a whole is a fairly strange deal. Even what little information we have suggests only enryu might be capable of such a thing. With that in mind this should be a first time even for evan to have seen a Resurrection. And to be fair, the floor of death is probably among the strangest places in the tower. If not the strangest place overall.
Here are some panels from the Name Hunt Station arc showing a convo between Beta and the other characters:

I agree about the resurrection part. My comment wasn't meant to be serious. :amuse

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Great chapter, Baam looked very cute on it. Showing off a little just for mere show isn't bad. Beta? Ja, i didn't remembered him.
The cliffhanger of Garam was perfect, great work SIU.

Haha, good point.

Though, now that I think about it, SIU has done a pretty good job of pushing all the characters most fans weren't interested in to the margins. And done it in ways that I never noticed. Almost everybody who didn't resonate or couldn't compete with the top teir characters is just gone.

Arkraptor is gone.
Prince is gone.
Horyang is gone.
Cassano is gone.
Goseng is gone.
Miseng is gone.
Yihwa is traveling with Urek freakin' Mazino.

You did well at leaving Rak out of that list of yours. The plot is interesting but still lacks the greatest one on command... after a flowerbed, when High Rankers can't find him, i would love for the rabbit to cheat the Tower' system a little and pick Rak and some intensive traning and then, returns to kickass.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Today, instead of the request I drew something for Valentine's Day!

(And by draw I mean recycle an unused panel due to lack of time...)

But to compensate I'll take school uniform request I'll take until this week and post it next week ^^.
Oh, if you mention a specific high school uniform that would be helpful when I draw them.

This week we have giant bamboo sp- I mean we have the mystery lady.
Since this was an important moment so I was stressed as I drew it.
And I was getting my nervous indigestion and I couldn't sleep either, so a lot of stress...
I am not sure how you guys will take the upcoming story,
but I will do my best to make this story the most interesting and remembered fondly.

This chapter I tried my best to pace myself in the fight scene.
I wanted to make the fight schene short and powerful, and hopefully not lacking.
Since the story needs to be in the center for a while I need to pace myself very carefuly.
This is nerve-wracking^^;

Recently I haven't been doing so well.
My eyes are not that good, and my neck-shoulder area have been aching..
Since I'm not old I thought I could push myself, but I'm more worried these days.
I need to stay healthy if I want to draw long term I feel like
I perhaps should maintain myself more.

Taking care of my body is important, but it's harder to take care of my mind as well.
I'm constantly receiving feedback, and since I'm uploading content publicly in a competitive field, it gets to me, yes.
Hehe, this is true everywhere though.
Of course what matters more is how you persevere while while drawing your story.
I can't tell the best story, but I wish to be able to tell the story that I want to convey.

Also, there's been things like spoiling the preview chapters or other illegal things.
Bad things over all. I understand how you guys may feel,
but I hope you guys remember not to discourage the content creator like such...
at least I hope.

I have many complaints it seems kekek.
I am sorry. Of course, those of you who read my blog are
usually good about this kind of stuff so I'm preaching to the choir really. ^^;

I speak like this, but I consider myself a lucky author, and I'm getting more love that I
deserve from you readers, so I just wish to catch up and return the favor.

Well, I hope you have a good week,
and I hope you guys are excited for the next week 's story.

Thank you!

Source

Why Hwa Ryun Might be the most depressing post ever. I hope he'll get better soon.