1. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  2. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  3. Thank you for participating in this years FT Awards. The winners of each category have been decided, please check them out!
  4. The Waifu Wars 2017 are over. Time for applause!
  5. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.

6. Congratulations Seraph for winning the Dystopia short story contest!, and well done to the other participants!.
    New Week, New Contest!
    Freestyle time!. The theme is Manhwa.

Voting has begun for the Color & Black and white photography contest contest!.
  7. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 320 Discussion / 321 Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tower's Vault' started by Jammin, Feb 6, 2017.

?

What is Baam's true nature?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2017.
  1. He is the body and soul of the child of Arlen

12.5%
  2. He is the body and soul of the child of Arlen's with a portion of a god's power lurking within.

31.3%
  3. He is the body of the child of Arlen with a soul that was merged with the god's.

12.5%
  4. He is the body of the child of Arlen with a completely different soul.

37.5%
  5. Other (Please Post)

6.3%
  1. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    But Luslec wasn't with the ones who entered in the Tower by themselves, he was already living there as a Regular. Arlen comes from outside so they can't be from the same family.

Yes, when I saw Enryu at the end I thought he might be the ancestor of the Red Witches. Speaking of Red Witches, I guess the second one who guided Yuri and the others is Yuto.

Asia Run likes this.
  2. Kshunsui

Kshunsui Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Israel
    we recently know that the 10 heads of the 10 families are irregulars, so luslec could be an iregular, so for some reason he's slayer number 1

3. 4n0m4ly

4n0m4ly Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Italy
    Whats the point in him being a slayer though. If he's a regular he wont be able to slay the king.
    Or am i missing something?

4. Kshunsui

Kshunsui Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Israel
    thats my point, every slayer has the posibility of kill zahard

5. Bigsprink

Bigsprink Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United States
    I hope so he's a slayer after all
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 16, 2017 ---
    Hwaryun is yuto
    The only person in fug capable of killing Zahard is Bam. An irregular.

6. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    She was hiding her identity as Yuto but Yuto really exists. SIU said so on his blog, he also said that Hwa Ryun and Yuto were the only Regular Guides.

Also Urek. Since the two other Irregulars are inactive.

Kadir0 likes this.
  7. Kadir0

Kadir0 Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

The Wall
    I don't know, but he really gives me Baam vibe.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Asia Run likes this.
  8. Bigsprink

United States
    Urek isn't apart of fug though and he doesn't care about zahards empire.

9. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    Honestly, this is what I have been wondering for a while now. Clearly the color red in general has some special significance in general. You have enryu's mystery red shinsoo, the red thorn, the prince of the red light district (which I still kinda think is the floor of death). Clearly there is greater meaning behind all of this.

Asia Run likes this.
  10. Kadir0

Kadir0 Registered User

The Wall
    True but if that god that saved Baam is Phanta, then there's clearly a reason he brought Urek to the tower as well. Maybe become Baam's mentor, whether Urek like it or not, he will definitely be in the middle of this storm.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Asia Run likes this.
  11. Bigsprink

United States
    Urek came into the tower to find phanta,phanta didn't bring him.

12. Kadir0

Kadir0 Registered User

The Wall
    I didn't mean literal, i mean the same way Rachel brought Baam to the tower except if Phanta is a god, his actions might not be a meaninless and has purpose for Urek.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  13. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    Another thought about bam given the past revelations: "the 25th night" is not the day bam was born. It was the day he was resurrected.

Asia Run likes this.
  14. Asia Run

Asia Run Mangahelper

Mangahelper

Brazil
    There's a flashback in which Rachel tells Baam a story about a man who constructed a tower of piled rocks to get closer to some star. I was wondering if the story was meant for Baam. He piled those rocks to get closer to the "light" at the celiling of the cave, but he dcouldn't get out, and it looked the place was sealed (impeding him from going out, although, Rachel could enter easily and leave when she wanted to. It could also refer to his climbng to the tower after her.

Urek going to the Floor of Death will mean he will (finally) meet Baam and he will probably be enthusiastic about being a mentor for Baam (much like Yuri is proud of Endorsi/Androssi and taught her that killing skill she used some chaps ago). I agree he will play some big part and that he might not be fully aware of it yet. Plus, I believe Yuri is probably being deceived and impelled to do something here too (she even mentions she feels is being dragged by a huge wave after Maschenny proposes te bet for Green april/Yellow May), but I have the feeling Yuri will lose this bet ( it will surely bring great turmoil for the tower and it could lead to the plot of the third season being focused on the princess).

15. ralkij

ralkij Registered User

United States
    I know it is simplistic, but it is quite possible Luslec just adopted the name Grace as some form of honor to Arlene or V. With that he/she(don't think gender has been explicitly stated) could still just be a regular.

A bit out there, but given that the information in the recent chapters come from Arlene's diary I think it possible that Arlene is actually Luslec. This would mean that she manipulated the diary and information to make it look like V had a follower to give her an alternate identity to hide from Jahard maybe. Only a possibility. I would take this possibility with a grain of salt.

Another theory I thought of going back to possibility of Baam being the true prince. I think this theory is actually still alive. We know at least according to the info provided with the rough translation that Luslec followed V as his "king". this could just be a fancy way of saying leader, but the fact that at least according to this translation it is king used as the word seems suspicious. We know the story early in season 2 was ambiguous in chapters with both Wangnan and Baam when referring to a prince. What if V was originally meant to be the true king of the tower, but for whatever reason the 10 warriors sided with Zahard. Perhaps V and Arlene even went with it at first due to friendship, but eventually as they climbed maybe they noticed a change in Zahard that led to a true falling out, but by that time most of the tower thought Zahard was the rightful king. This would still leave open the possibility of Baam being the true prince. Maybe not of Zahard, but the tower itself.

Again these last two theories of mine I really don't think are plausible and part of me doesn't want the last theory to be true, but I think there is a possibility for some form of it.

16. axl2608

axl2608 Registered User

Romania
    I agree with the fact that Luslec could have adopted the name Grace and not be borne with it, but I disagree with one thing: Arlene being Luslec for multiple reasons:
    - if she wanted to hide she could have chosen a different name than Grace.
    - she wouldn't have treated her son(for whom she did everything to revive) like FUG did to Baam.
    - is she want's revenge on Zahard she might attract more sympathy with her real story and not with FUG

The second theory is interesting and plausible

17. jjrock01

jjrock01 Registered User

United States
    So Rachel knew about Arlen, which means she must have been living on the Fod. But the question remains how did she know about Baam and what exactly was her relationship to Arlen? I think she must have found out about Baam through the stories which were pasted down on the Fod, or she may have known Arlen before the enryu incident. The ultimate question now after these recent reveals is why does Rachel want to fulfill Arlen's wish/prophecy? I am convinced that she does want starry skies, cool breeze etc.(as she has stated many times), but there is still more to her ultimate goal. I don't think Rachel is long for this world, knowing what we know now. There is one prophecy and it belongs to Baam.

18. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    I have been thinking that rachel is from the floor of death but I find the idea a tad weird also.... Even siu has said bam and rachel know secrets about the outside of the tower. I can understand rachel knowing stuff. Arlene could have told her. But what about bam? Did rachel tell him stuff? Or did he pick it up on his own? If he picked it up on his own then it sound like that would be because he has been there. Now, it does make sense bam and rachel were at the floor of death originally...

I don't think there is more to rachel's goal to be honest. I think she just got to care about arlen, and wants to realize her dream. Who knows what else rachel was told about the outside by her. If they were at the floor of death then the whole thing must have sound like paradise to her.

19. axl2608

axl2608 Registered User

Romania
    I don't think that Rachel want's to fulfill Arlen's wish.
    I reread the first season and at the end, we see Rachel having a flashback to the first floor.
    When Baam past the test before her, she was really upset and started crying that it is not fair that Baam get's to go up the tower and not her.
    I don't know why she was nice to Baam before entering the tower, but from what we have seen since, she did everything for her.

I think that even when she made Baam fail the test on the Floor of Tests, she did it because she made a deal with FUG. They wanted to get Baam in their hands and she wanted to be able to climb the tower.

Asia Run likes this.
  20. jjrock01

jjrock01 Registered User

United States
    One of the reason's I think there is more to it then just finding paradise is because her actions don't match her words. She says she wants paradise, but at the same time she is climbing the tower, building a team, looking for the thorn and if she says that she will fufill Arlen's wish that entails killing Zahard which is revenge in my book. Now maybe there is another way to break out of the tower, something Arlen might have told her. If that is the case, then why go through all this trouble. We were so close to knowing everything she knew during the Hell Train games when she made that bet with Koon. I am hoping she will eventually spill the beans during this arc.