1. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  2. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. New Week, New Contest!
    It's time for another seasonal contest! The Calligraphy Summer Art Contest has begun. Show your creative writing styles.

Congrats to WithYouInSpirit for winning the Food Photography contest!
  4. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 322 Discussion / 323 Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tower's Vault' started by Jammin, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Jammin

Jammin MH's Best Reviewer

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Mangahelper

United States
    But your judging her behavior based on results aren't you? The difference between boldness and stupidity is often times how things turn out. This is just another example of that.

Yuri gave Black March to Baam. That was every bit as insane as this. She invaded the floor of the test too. She bet her life on the hell train. She did that Acid Bath thing. The major difference between this and all those things is that this probably isn't going to work out for the best(but who knows?). Yuri knows no fear. That's a character flaw but one that makes her awesome. When you do crazy stuff over and over sometimes things don't work out that's just the price of being awesome.:XD

I know you've never subscribed to the idea that they were super powerful but before now ever time we've seen one in action they were pretty powerful relative to what was around them. It could just be how powerful they are is proportional to the users ability to wield them. Before now we've always seen them wielded by people who weren't that strong to begin with.

And Zahard had the 13 Month series made out of the key. That's not "at most" that's "had them made". That's fairly concrete and certain. Your right that we can't know if he knows that they are all tuned to one particular person but it seems like a logical assumption to make. He's not just going to chuck the key to Ashul Edwaru and forget about it. That thing is kind of important.

Asia Run and Demonspeed like this.
  2. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    More or less but not just that. My point is that in the past there has been a.... certain method to his thought process if you will. Which is what has brought about the best results at the time. You always get evan worrying about stuff while it is yuri that ultimately figures it out and takes the steps to solve situations. Such as the hell train. Evan was worried about the acid and all that stuff meanwhile yuri made a perfectly reasonable point on why they shouldn't hesitate to take the road. And even, even if he might have been worried, agreed. It's only now that there is literally no method to her thoughts nor a reason to take a risk.Her enemy isn't even powerful for that matter.

The 13 month series right now aren't useful because they are powerful. They are useful because the "spell" which they have at work is of a higher order than the one at work on the immortals thus invalidating said immortality. It's a subtle difference from them being powerful in the grand scheme of things. Take kranos for instance. It is a weapon specifically said to be dangerous even for high rankers and has a limited number of uses at lower floors, presumably due to lower shinsoo concentration the lower you are. And even then it can only be used once in a while. Black march does not seem to have such limitations, probably because it's shinsoo requirements aren't as large. However even if kranos is significantly more powerful than black march, it can never kill the hell floor folk while the black march would presumably end them easily.

My point was that zahard had aszhul made the weapons. Him requesting them made makes perfect sense. But saying zahard made them attributes him a set of skills... which he probably shouldn't have. Zahard sounds like he was a sort of generic shounen hero that went wrong, I wouldn't expect him to have such a skill to be honest.

From what I can tell, in this series a weapon's performance is influence by two things. The wielder and the weapon itself. A weaker person using a stronger weapon would likely benefit greatly as we have seen with bam or anak. For a stronger person the weapon's limitations would, well, be limitations. That person might even be better off not using a weapon altogether. Weapons in this series don't grow with nor merely take power from the user, they have a specific scope and limitations.

3. shaheer

shaheer Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Germany
    The basic thing is in the past when Evan thought Yuri was dumb yuri came out of it and showed she can take it and Evan was useless to worry over her. In this case the opposite is true. She would have hammered i want both like a spoiled useless brat even if it meant her getting slashed down and i think she did get a bit of strike and Evan had to intervene with his arsenal. Not to mention recently a princess didnt wield 2 weapon together and Yuri activating both would allow for another bloody conflict to rise amongst high rankers, which unlike the present petty content where people are more like Unni this Unni that but conspire, will most likely be more brutal like(say during Ennie). Her total lack of heeding a legit warning just went a bit too far.
    Her actions are excessively impulsive to the point of borderline stupid.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  4. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Hierophant

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Yuri has always been described as a muscle head and a troublemaker, she is pretty arrogant as well, like most(or all?) Princesses. She should not even be on the FoD because it's forbidden to Princesses. The reason most of her decisions and actions seem to be better than the Regulars is because she is a High Ranker. She is awesome enough to do certain things, and of course, since she managed to reach the top of the Tower she can't be just dumb, she has experience and can see through certain things. Evan is always worried because he knows her personality.

Asia Run and shaheer like this.
  5. shaheer

shaheer Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Germany
    Quaint an utter lamebrain who got tricked by Koon(in his first floor) crossed the tower to be a ranker. For such reason, i have given up on the issue of more powerful and mature = ranker thing. Lero ro is very mature very astute a ranker but so is Quaint who i d say is Lero's exact opposite . Like, say if Rachel does climb the tower up by using others power and manipulation I wouldn't say just because she is a ranker she is strong. I mean it's how she climbed the tower that is important. Koon climbing the tower with using his wit to solve the trouble he gets into sharpens his wits to the untold max. baam climbing the tower breaking any and every barrier by upgrading his power arsenal to beyond ordinary tells us that by the time he hits ranker position he will be an unstoppable powerhouse but defo not a super strategist nor a very capable one I d say.

6. syx

syx One-Eyed Mod

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Winterfell
    At first, I thought this was a rather funny transition chapter, but as my reading progressed through the chapter, I came to the conclusion that this was a bad chapter.

Granted, Yuri did a lot of questionable things from a Princess' point of view. But there is a limit to ones recklessness, stubbornness, stupidity or whatever you prefer to call at. And I can see where SIU is probably heading with this: Yuri will go berserk, Baam will save her and expand his harem even further.
    Anyway, what I dislike the most is that it's not even required for Yuri to ignite both 13 MS. It's like Yuri handing out the Black March to Baam and on top of it she also sends a video of said exchange directly to Zahard. It's as if you are drinking two power up potions which have a 99% chance to kill you, rather than a single power up potion which would be more than enough and won't harm you. There was no need for this other than SIU forcefully pushing the plot in a direction which would never happen if the characters had acted reasonable. This is the main reason I don't like this chapter.

Aside from that, the whole convo between Green April, Black March and Yuri was hilarious. Green April and Black March look awesome. It was a surprise to me that they casually admitted that their job is to stir up a fight between the owners of the 13 Month Series. I'm also cuirous who "that man" is they are talking about. Are they referring to Zahard or Ashul Edwaru? Or is it a yet to introduce character, thus the reason no name was given? And why do they call Yuri an unchosen Princess? Translation error? Retcon? Different meaning/interpretation?

As a side note: A user once theorized that Garam may not have killed Yuram or is falsely accused as the murderer. Seems like the theory was on spot, more or less. Yuram is confirmed to have gone insane and Garam most likely couldn't save her or had to kill her as last resort.

Asia Run likes this.
  7. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    The 13 Month Series are powerful. They are not the most powerful weapons but they are at least A rank when ignited. Any kind of Ignition Weapon gets praised anyway. The spells on them also give them an edge against all spell users.

Not saying that Ranker= Maturity but they have more experience, they are veterans. Quant is hot blooded and I'd say he did well during these tests, he had limitations to give them a chance, it's just Koon's plan that was brilliant. IIRC he outsmarted Leroro once in S1 too. If someone manages to reach the top with his team it means that he is at least competent at something, there are those who stop climbing because they are satisfied and those who die.

Since they were supposed to belong to each of the Great Families + Zahard, I think they were not cursed initially, but after the Arlen drama and the beginning of the Zahard Princess Project, he asked Ashul to curse them . I think Wangnan is the true master.

8. Shobu_Yoruichi

Shobu_Yoruichi Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Chile
    Wow, SIU my head is full of thoughts now!

1) Chapters ago, Rachel spats the omelette in our faces. When the Zahard's rings and 13th months fund together, form the key to access the 136th floor.
    2) Two chaps ago, Garam says that the Princess System is a coverage for a sinister plan without much info about the 'why' but a lot on the 'how', suggested by Gustang, involving the 13th series.
    3) Marchy and April states that there's a master, a singular entity, able to use the 13th months; and possibly all ignited at the same time. Get to know locations of siblings around and know the full story of princesses using fellow weapons.

*Plus, Ryun clarifies the power of 'spells'. Such as the High Rankers Deza and Deja one or the Hell Train as territory on Joaquín's, the latter receives much more credit. One of the Arie performing the taboo for his benefit, badass

The same chapter gives another hint on the Immortal Contract to the Heads, Ryun points that the 'divine' one helping increases the power of the spell, admins below floor 134th gave this power, so it's common to think that at the 135th floor, this immortality feature stops to work due to be a territory without someone in charge.

The chosen one for the Month Series... when just the previous chapter we got that Baam is the child of the prophecy! Damn, SIU! So many chosen ones... I assume Ashul put this special spell to stop anyone unworthy of creating the key... knowing SIU, the Weapons may fund only when ignited, as an obstacle for the chosen one to climb the Tower.

The resurrection spell on Baam is obviously one of the greatest in power, i mean... Outer God > 134 Admins.

I bet on Wangnam as the chosen one... he's a prince for the kingdom... while Baam's the prince for the Tower itself. Rachel queen <3 xD

Yuri doing stupid things! I don't mind. Garam with another story to tell? WHY YOU DIDN'T SAID IT!!!!
    Nowadays, ToG is pure hype.

WithYouInSpirit likes this.
  9. WithYouInSpirit

WithYouInSpirit Certified Sensei

Australia
    I like the way @Shobu_Yoruichi puts it. As Wangnan being a Prince of the Kingdom of Zahard and Baam being a Prince of the Tower of God.

This chapter was great. It's so good to see Black March again and Green April is cuuuuute :blush It is so hype worthy to have Yuri using Ignited weapons though. I've only been waiting for this for about 300 chapters or so...

Garam is still hiding information from Baam then huh? I wonder what she means? Clearly another tale that involves Baam or Baam's parents but for now she seems to believe that him passing De Jah's Test is more important thing right now. I wonder why she's so worried about it though :pout

10. syx

syx One-Eyed Mod

Winterfell
    Garam withholding information shouldn't surprise anyone, as it was Garam herself who told Baam - from the getgo - that she won't tell him everything.

WithYouInSpirit likes this.
  11. WithYouInSpirit

WithYouInSpirit Certified Sensei

Australia
    She's like the Stop Gap of Baam's heritage. She can only give him so much at one time or at one particular stage in his personal evolution. Because I can only assume that Baam would break down if he knew everything, all at once.

syx likes this.
  12. syx

syx One-Eyed Mod

Winterfell
    Well to be frank, I can't imagine what kind of information could "break" Baam. He was already told that Zahard killed him once, that Zahard was responsible for the misery of his parents, that he is the child of prophecy and destined to kill the current King. And Baam took it rather normal, without breaking a sweat. Well, it's not like he had a close relationship with his parents, so his reaction is understandable. My impression is not that Garam tries to protect Baam here, but rather that SIU can't or doesn't want to tell us the whole story for obvious reasons. But I will and have to give SIU the benefit of the doubt until we learn about everything Garam is withholding currently.

In this chapter, Garam hinted that Baam may possible hold a grudge against her later on. So maybe, Baam will unknowingly do something beneficial to Garam, which he would never do if he heard the whole story from the beginning. I actually would welcome such a twist, and it would reasonably explain why Garam kept crucial information from Baam.

Asia Run and WithYouInSpirit like this.
  13. Asia Run

Asia Run Mangahelper

Mangahelper

Brazil
    I think Garam did not Kill Yuram, but that she was blamed for it either because they needed an excuse to make her look more like a villain or because they wanted to hide their shady plans under the carpet and used her as a scapegoat.
    As for Yuri acts, she was always unpredictable and impulsive (giving Evan many worries), but I'm expecting either Baam or Mazino will interrupt the havoc she is causing (or even Hell Joe in person if he gets bored of reading comics and watching the news channel).
    As for the weapon, the chapter was quite confusing for me, the 13 months were originally forget for the 13 leaders, but then, Zahard gave up the idea (when they were not 13 anymore) and gives it to the princess, however there's a curse on the weapons that fills the user with hatred and greed for other months if the person wileds more than one weapon (the theory that he put the curse after the whole drama with Arlen is very interesting); what i was wondering is: what if he gave the weapons for the princesses to stir rumors that "only the princesses can hold the thirteen months" while he actually was trying to use this as a distraction in order to not let people know what the thirteen months really mean (the keys for the higher floors) until its true master comes, and at the same time, the curse could be a way to prevent any leader from the ten families of stealing the weapons and betraying him (Like V and Arlen did by not conniving with his ideals), this all while he waits for the "true master" of those weapons. What do you think?

Shobu_Yoruichi likes this.
  14. Shobu_Yoruichi

Shobu_Yoruichi Registered User

Chile
    It is an excellent point.
    The weapons, according to this chapter's development, have as a duty to make princesses fight each other... but still are bound to their assigned master and show concern to them, just as how try to avoid another 'Yuram incident'.

Regarding your thoughts of Zahard waiting for the chosen one, it is a clear path that he would take because he's actually hiding, but i'd incline for the main problem of what means to unlock another floor of the Tower. This is pure theory, though; but it was said that Zahard conquered the Tower and made himself king of it, unlocked another floor but forbid V & Arlen at keep climbing it. The higher Admin is a wild unmastered one that, more than obvious, don't has a contract with Zahard because there is no one at charge of it's floor.
    So, my point is that, when you unlock a floor, a wish may be granted for you. Just what says at the Tower of God's Prologue, that's the condition for that to happen, like a Wizard of Oz type of end. In other words, when the chosen one unlocks the 135th floor, the the entire Zahard Kingdom trembles and might be destroyed just for that wish. The chosen one must come fooled by the idea of what means to be Zahard's wife and hold the power of her heritage and blood magnificently in order to overcome the 'curse' and the Floor's Admin, which is why Zahard only gives Month Series to Family Head's daughters to keep her kingdom just as how it is... or... it's a non-stop rollercoaster of envy and greed wishing to never have the weapons together again to make the key.

A question arises to me, why can't princes have a chance? Why the rings exists? Karaka is the one to answer my question :(

Asia Run likes this.
  15. roggie

roggie Registered User

Brazil
    what if yuri had a motive to ignite 2 weapons? she knows more than we do and she could have pieces of information that even the 13 series doesn't know about. My first thought at the moment was she didn't want to irritate one of the weapons by choosing the other. Or maybe you can balance de effects by activating 2 at the same time, or activating the month before (like march before april). So many possibilities...

16. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    My guess is that the Prince thing was their first attempt, and it failed for some reason.

She does have a motive, prove that she is more badass than her sisters :p. Black March always refused to choose her before, I don't think Yuri would care about that. She had several question marks when Black March and Green April were discussing, plus what Garam revealed to Baam is a secret only she and Enne should know among Princesses. She doesn't know more than us regarding their curse.

Shobu_Yoruichi likes this.
  17. GOOMOONRYONG

GOOMOONRYONG Registered User

United States
    Really enjoyed the humor this chapter, I laughed when I read Gallstone Village for the first time. Doesn't seem like a place anyone should live in. The entire pre ignition speech has me asking so many questions. This chapter made me excited for when we finally see Hatsu ignite his sword.

Jammin likes this.
  18. Ripcord

Ripcord Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United States
    Oh come on guys! What one thing would anger Bam the most:

The story she didn't tell Bam about is about R-A-C-H-E-L.

Bam and Rachel sitting in a tree. K I S S I N G....

19. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    It would be quite weird if the stuff garam did not mention were about rachel. How would she play into this? That would imply rachel in the past was inside the tower and on top of that also knew arlene. Then she got out of the tower and then went on to want back in. If rachel was someone arlene met when outside the tower then there is no possible way for garam to have ever heard of her unless there was yet another prophecy talking of her. That said, it is worth noting that garam did give the pocket to bam which should be fairly strong evidence that there is stuff she found out that does not come exclusively from the pocket. Unless she managed to seal off some of the knowledge within the pocket of course.

syx likes this.
  20. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    Maybe she doesn't know Rachel but know her origin. SIU said in an afterword for this arc that we will learn the story of Irregulars. We learned more about Baam and Enryu and assuming the God is Phantaminum, he as well plus Urek is coming. We might learn something interesting about her if she meets Garam.