1. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  2. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. New Week, New Contest!
    It's time for another seasonal contest! The Calligraphy Summer Art Contest has begun. Show your creative writing styles.

Congrats to WithYouInSpirit for winning the Food Photography contest!
  4. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Spoiler Tower of God Chapter 333 Spoiler Thread

Discussion in 'Tower of God' started by Jammin, May 8, 2017.

1. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Hierophant

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Urek :hip.

Beta is able to see the Invisible Observer and was unaffected by the Red Bari's Shinsso absorption. I know he is an artificial lifeform but isn't that a bit weird?

I like how Hwa Ryun is dealing with Koon, I doubt any of his peers ever treated him like that :lmao.

The Thorn itself is soulless there is nothing inside. The Blue Spirit appeared for the first time when Baam trained in the Rice Pot, but it talked to him before, IIRC the first time it did was during his first confrontation with Hoaqin. SIU said it's something which entered into Baam during his climb.

And this must be why it's called a fake power, I am not exactly sure how to draw the line between the Spirit and Baam's powers but if he can do this much it's certainly because of Baam's potential in the first place. Maybe it is the power which was inserted into him when he joined FUG, the Lobster, source fo the exoskeleton, it might have grown as Baam got stronger. Beta said its power was God-like.

Charlie, Asia Run and WithYouInSpirit like this.
  2. WithYouInSpirit

WithYouInSpirit Certified Sensei

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Australia
    I feel like Baam is being set up to either become a Tower Administrator himself or simply being given power to kill Zahard... The possibilities keep on sprouting new ones this arc.

3. Brian Taboada

Brian Taboada Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    Do you think the medicine that was developed by FUG and stolen by Urek and used to separate the Red Bari from Hell Joe, was in reality developed to be used against Baam? (Why else would they develop it) Do you think FUG knows of this "administrator" within Baam?

4. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    They would have no reason to unless they are Karaka supporters. And Hell Joe's case is different from Baam's. I don't think it's possible to separate it from him like that.

5. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    I recall something of the sort being said during the workshop arc. The thorn being dead and all... But right now it's fused with bam so it's state should not be quite "dead".

If it entered during the climb then it is by no means too different from the red thrysa hell joe has. Perhaps hell joe is what bam would have become had he taken a different route when it came to how he wanted to use his power during the rice pot training. However that would leave us with the question, why did a psedo admin thingy get into bam? Where did it even come from? The one within hell joe was the result of enryu killing the real administrator. And there are no other dead administrators that we know of. That thing would be a far bigger deal than we could have originally guessed....
    --- Double Post Merged, May 19, 2017 at 3:28 PM, Original Post Date: May 19, 2017 at 2:02 PM ---
    Well, I had a similar idea some the other day. I basically called bullshit on fug conveniently having something like that drug and that it was most likely meant to serve some other purpose. And the only thing that came to mind is well, bam and his thorn. Overall I would argue this makes sense. And given the circumstances I am not sure of how the hell joe situation is different from bam's.

6. Asia Run

Asia Run Mangahelper

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Mangahelper

Brazil
    If FUG developed the medicine to use against Baam, it would be interesting to exploit it, I mean, they keep saying irregulars are unpredictable and can change the tower, in this sense, Urek would be doing a perfect job as an irregular foiling FUG's plans.

The theory about a fake administrator entering Baam's body is also promising. Zahard has many contracts with administrators, but what if he closed the tower and did not wnat to go up because the administrators from the higher floors were unwilling to let him pass or establish any sort of contract? Could he be waiting for something (like stealing an administrator's power) to go up himself?

7. paulbee

paulbee Registered User

United States
    1) One major difference between Baam and the other irregulars is that He is still a Young person who looked/still looks very much like a kid at the begining of the Manwah while all other irregulars I know about were full grown adults when they entered the Tower. The other had had time to more fully develop and explore their powers before they entered the Tower.
    2) One wonders how an administrator came into being inside Baam. Was this done by Enryuu I wonder? Was it the administrator's life force that re-animated Baam after he was killed?
    3) About Urek. At the risk of ending the comedy of Ureks lack panache with women, will Garam now agree to go out with Urek now that she has said she'd start afresh with him? A crushing rejection from Garam now might be funny to see.

8. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    Well, if they developed that to use against bam then they are either after the thorn or after the admin like thing within bam. I am not entire sure of how much urek would be foiling FUG here though. FUG clearly has at least 2 factions and each approaches things differently. While urek's actions clearly hurt karaka and whoever agrees with him I would argue it is almost certain that his actions would greatly benefit the faction that supports bam. Heck, the implication here is that the shot was stolen from madoraco... Who is clearly affiliated with karaka's fug faction, at least evidenced by the workshop arc. Overall this is a fairly complex situation. FUG isn't a cohesive group united in methods. They share the bit about overthrowing zahard but as far as methods go they are borderline mortal enemies.

For me the weirdest bit about the administrator like thing within bam is that it must have come from somewhere.... However as far as we know there is nowhere it could have come from. The red thrysa was the result of an administrator dying after all. Basically, with the history we know it is fairly clear there shouldn't be an admin like thing similar to the red thrysa around simply because as far as we know all other floor administrators are accounted for. Bam having that specifically implies something somewhere happened to an administrator. Which is a huge deal. Which I would argue almost means this hints at SIU lying to us regarding some detail he has shared just as it was a lie that zahard had 10 companions.

Crackpot theory: This relates to the 134th or 135th floor guardian. Realistically speaking those should be the floors which people in general are least familiar with. It probably has its own population and whatnot however only rankers should be relatively familiar with what goes on there. My theory is that zahard and his companions got to the last floor and did something to the guardian. I don't know what it could be because the floors clearly are not dead like the 43rd floor though... It's weird that zahard would arbitrarily stop climbing the tower and that there would even be a key to the next floor since, well, keys aren't a thing in the other floors. Perhaps zahard stole a part of an administrators power and the bit that escaped made it to bam....

9. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    Before talking about the differences I see between Baam and Joe I will say that I believe that at least all Irregulars have something similar inside them. They go to the Rice Pot and either find their true self or not, if they don't they get corrupted. The power of the soul inside them depends on their potential and special abilities, like Zanpakuto in Bleach.

Now the differences:

What is inside Baam is a soul, Hell Joe's case is different, the Red Bari is a part of the Guardian, it has a physical body, Hell Joe took the Shinheuh and fused with it these two need each others for certain things while Baam is independent and was using that power without even being aware of it. The way I see it , the liquid in the syringe was made to separate their bodies, I don't think it can work on Baam because he is not really one with that soul. And assuming the power he was using was part of his true self, it should be impossible to take it.

@kkck About the Thorn hosting nothing, SIU is the one who confirmed it. It can't talk because there is nothing in it. We have no confirmation but I think it must be the case for all Living Ignition Weapons. They use their own souls as recipient, and we also know Baam has yet to fully accept it. That's why it's floating in the air.

Asia Run and WithYouInSpirit like this.
  10. Conker

Conker Registered User

United States
    WithYouInSpirit, How did you get your account approved.... I cant find them on discord

11. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    I can't access this anymore. I get a message saying I am using a shared account or something... Is there anywhere else I can read this?