Chapter Tower of God Chapter 385 Discussion / 386 Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tower's Vault' started by Jammin, May 14, 2018.

1. Jammin

Jammin Androssi Worshiper

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Mangahelper

United States
    Maybe. I suspect it's more of function of SIU being forced to prioritize who to focus on. Either that or he really does have something he's saving Androssi for.

SIU's never been one to shy away from drawing difficult things

2. kkck

kkck Waifu Slayer

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Fire Nation
    The 8 year bit was hyperbole. But SIU did plan to put a lot more time into the hidden floor's stage clearing if the blog posts are to be believed.

3. Ripcord

Ripcord Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    SIU’s artistry is top notch. He’s great at drawing big scenes and he draws really enjoyable fights. In the top ranking of authors for being able to see a ton of action in a single panel, he’s not the most skilled. IMO kishimoto from Naruto was amazing at showing how people moved in a still frame.

But at the same time, Kishimoto wasn’t very good at weaving huge plot lines together from far away places. His story was rather linear. And his grand scenes were not quite as grand as in ToG.

My point is that all authors have their strengths and I think SIU is an amazing author to the point that I’m not going to complain that he’s not the greatest I’ve seen for drawing action... if I really want something like that I’ll just add another manga to my weekly routine and enjoy ToG for the amazing artistry and characters that it has.

4. Demonspeed

Demonspeed High Commander

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    I don't think SIU doesn't know what to do with his characters, the most prominent ones at least. He definitely knows what he is doing with Androssi. He mentions things which become more important later in the story, AA's self confidence and doubt, Baam's insecurities etc.

I was rather disappointed by Baam's apparently static character for a long time, but it's clear that SIU knows what he is doing with him, he develops things little by little. I expected more team action at the start of this arc too(Team Baam, Rachel, Wangnan etc) but it's not like the arc has been bad, it's been excellent even. I think he can't always put everything he wants in his story arcs as well, but he will definitely make up for it later.

SIU knows how to write good characters and character interactions, his art has improved and his battle scenes as well. The story is also great. I am not saying that I love every single thing about TOG and his choices but he is complete as an author to me.

Lady pompom, Ripcord and Scooptywoop like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.