Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 396 Discussion / 397 Predictions | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 396 Discussion / 397 Predictions

Wha

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Karaka has potential but I am pretty sure he has been confirmed Ranker. He is a very young Ranker/Slayer. He is not a High Ranker yet.
Where has it been confirmed (has SIU said something like that in his blog posts)?

OneEye

Reaction score
Country
Cameroon
At the time bam got the thorn there was no reason for us to think that there wouldn't be regulars that can face bam. At the most we could have said that he could defeat the bulk of e ranks at the time. Then bam got to the hell train... Which even getting there suggests bam would already be pretty high up in the D class ranks. Then a powerup or two after we got to the name hunt station where bam bested kaiser. Who is supposed to have been one of the top 3 d class regulars alongside the twin princesses. Kaiser was strong for a regular of course though I never particularly got the impression she was supposed to be that huge a threat. even during the fight bam after bam took apparently critical hits he went "meh, it doesn't feel like I am going to loose anyways". And if bam is that high within the d class then its not a stretch that bam would do ok against c class regulars. Not to mention that reflejo was supposed to be as strong as a b class regular and he was defeated by bam, aguero and rak. And reflejo did not exhibit anywhere near the firepower bam has nowadays.

Also, IF bam is as strong as a ranker at this point it will still only be at the lower end of rankers in general. The power range for rankers is ridiculous, we have seen that a number of times. Karaka is supposed to be a pretty strong ranker and even then he was not worth a single of urek's fingers. Bam could easily have ranker strength and still not have 0.1% of the strength some of the more competent rankers have, let alone high rankers.
I get your point, but, seriously guys, why would the RED choose C-class regulars, if they were outright weak, to face a young irregular? Would this entire TOG series even make any sense if Baam was now stronger than all regulars on higher floors in the tower, when he hasn't even gotten half-way?

To be more technical, it's true that we've seen Baam defeating the strongest regular genius from the Arie family (Hoaquin, if we neglect the fact that he used the guy's own powers), but what about geniuses from the other families? Could you imagine just what a threat the strongest Euresia wave controller regular genius could be to Baam!?!

As for Reflejo, he was just a blind B-ranked regular with a low self-esteem; he could as well be among the weakest is that class; he didn't really appear to be a much bigger deal than the first mad dog!

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
At the time bam got the thorn there was no reason for us to think that there wouldn't be regulars that can face bam. At the most we could have said that he could defeat the bulk of e ranks at the time. Then bam got to the hell train... Which even getting there suggests bam would already be pretty high up in the D class ranks. Then a powerup or two after we got to the name hunt station where bam bested kaiser. Who is supposed to have been one of the top 3 d class regulars alongside the twin princesses. Kaiser was strong for a regular of course though I never particularly got the impression she was supposed to be that huge a threat. even during the fight bam after bam took apparently critical hits he went "meh, it doesn't feel like I am going to loose anyways". And if bam is that high within the d class then its not a stretch that bam would do ok against c class regulars. Not to mention that reflejo was supposed to be as strong as a b class regular and he was defeated by bam, aguero and rak. And reflejo did not exhibit anywhere near the firepower bam has nowadays.

Also, IF bam is as strong as a ranker at this point it will still only be at the lower end of rankers in general. The power range for rankers is ridiculous, we have seen that a number of times. Karaka is supposed to be a pretty strong ranker and even then he was not worth a single of urek's fingers. Bam could easily have ranker strength and still not have 0.1% of the strength some of the more competent rankers have, let alone high rankers.
Bam might be on B class still, but considering Reflejo's power display, he is definitely at least B. Bam could kick Reflejo's butt in every way. But we don't know for sure How much is necessary to fully climb the Tower, and therefore cannot say for sure he is at a ranker level yet. Maybe the minimum required to get to the top is still more than what he can do.

Then again, we got Mule and Quantz, but once again they haven't shown their full potential. Anyway, all we see in this train station is below Reflejo, all C ranked at best. Bam can probably deal with any regular standing in there. But he likely Will have worse things to worry about.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I get your point, but, seriously guys, why would the RED choose C-class regulars, if they were outright weak, to face a young irregular? Would this entire TOG series even make any sense if Baam was now stronger than all regulars on higher floors in the tower, when he hasn't even gotten half-way?

To be more technical, it's true that we've seen Baam defeating the strongest regular genius from the Arie family (Hoaquin, if we neglect the fact that he used the guy's own powers), but what about geniuses from the other families? Could you imagine just what a threat the strongest Euresia wave controller regular genius could be to Baam!?!

As for Reflejo, he was just a blind B-ranked regular with a low self-esteem; he could as well be among the weakest is that class; he didn't really appear to be a much bigger deal than the first mad dog!
Imho, Bam Will now have to take test directly from Guardians while having to fight or defend against rankers from now on. My guess is that ranker managed tests are easier than Guardians'. Original GW had to do It, Bam might have to Go through the same kind of hardship.

PainTendo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France

C rank regulars and many rankers. What you are saying would be true for a very talented regular, baam isn't. he is a totally different being (irregular) his true ennemies are legends, normally he shouldn't even be dealing with regulars right now. look the difference between Urek and Karaka. it's so massive that it is ridiculous.

OneEye

Reaction score
Country
Cameroon
This all sounds like a pretty pathetic excuse for an Irregular. I'll just stick to my own mode of thinking.
You're almost right, but missing one point : Baam is at the same time the most promising irregular in the history of the Tower, but also about the most pathetic when it comes to fighting! Can you imagine it took a girl to motivate him to get his ass through the first two floors of the Tower, and a pending threat over his friends to get him even further!!! He has little or no killing intent in most fights and even needs a reason to begin one; even Androssi's sworn enemy was so disappointed by that reasoning.

Seriously, do you really think at the last station, Baam will react as Hoaquin did at the train station by outrightly killing everyone? No, he won't!

SuperTurtle

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Some people are really blind... Just look at the performance of some rankers. Pedro was absolutely pathetic without the purple thing. His attack was many time weaker than Bam's flare wave explosion against Kaiser.
Leroro vs fug ranker was relatively impressive compared to regulars but nothing great.
And there is also the guy in the FOD who almost killed Rachel. He was a ranker but couldn't even hurt the team. His power was barely average.
Now look at data Zahard and Eduan. They are many levels above these guys.

The gap between ranker and high ranker is way bigger than the gap between E class regulars and your average ranker. Of course some are more powerful than others like Karaka who has the power of a high ranker but most of them are not that great.
Bam is going at war with the empire now. If he can't even kill a ranker then no plot armor can protect him. We no longer give a damn about regulars. It is time for the real enemies to show up. SIU won't keep writing for twenty years.

Brian Taboada

Reaction score
Country
United States
I cant see how Baam can get through this like the A-Team without killing anyone. He would have to be sooo overwhelming or running away for that to occur. Now that the lives of his friends are on the line, it will be interesting if he will defend them. These rankers and regulars are not Rachel and Baam cannot just defend himself.

OneEye

Reaction score
Country
Cameroon
C rank regulars and many rankers. What you are saying would be true for a very talented regular, baam isn't. he is a totally different being (irregular) his true ennemies are legends, normally he shouldn't even be dealing with regulars right now. look the difference between Urek and Karaka. it's so massive that it is ridiculous.
I like the point you've made :BAAM'S ENEMIES ARE LEGENDS. Only LEGENDS can truly threaten a young irregular; A legend is just a guy who's done things almost no one can do, and many of Baam's past enemies were exactly that(legends but still regulars ):
-Kaiser was a legend undeafeated for a thousand years.
-Hoaquin was a living legend among the Arie youths
-Hell Joe was a legend in the FOD, threatening two high ranker Jahad princesses, though he was still a regular
- Data Jahad too
Just imagine how many other regulars could be legends on higher floors, and among the C- Class !

Last edited:

PainTendo

Reaction score
Country
France
I like the point you've made :BAAM'S ENEMIES ARE LEGENDS. Only LEGENDS can truly threaten a young irregular; A legend is just a guy who's done things almost no one can do, and many of Baam's past enemies were exactly that(legends but still regulars ):
-Kaiser was a legend undeafeated for a thousand years.
-Hoaquin was a living legend among the Arie youths
-Hell Joe was a legend in the FOD, threatening two high ranker Jahad princesses, though he was still a regular
- Data Jahad too
Just imagine how many other regulars could be legends on higher floors, and among the C- Class !
when i say legend i'm thinking: FH, Zahard and alike
-Kaiser was said to be like a child by evan and posed no threat to baam really, koon noticed the lack of tension
-Hoaqin was a sum of 4 aries plus soul juice to fight baam, he was no normal regular, even in FOD after all the souls he was still a bug to gustang
-Hell Joe had merged with the thryssa, of course he would threatens them he had the strength of a high ranker
All those guys were strong but not really legends. If baam go on like you said, on each level he will find a regular who can threatens him, then he will never ever be a threat to zahard because no regular will be ever a threat to the king. the gap between jahad and the first ranked non-irregular (adori) seems to be very very colossal.
Baam needs to be able to fight back against the top 5, at leat before floor 100 or he will be very sorry at his encounter with Arie Hon.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
To me Ranker is a generic name, i even remember someone calling Urek the strongest active ranker. Yuri is also very young and is already a high ranker so why not karaka.
You are right but in such cases they end up revealing if the character is a classic Ranker or a High Ranker. Karaka has been there for a while, even before White and we know White was a High Ranker. Since nothing like that has been said about Karaka, assuming he is a normal Ranker makes more sense IMO.

Heisamess

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
You are making baseless assumptions about power levels every damn week. And then act disappointed that Baam didnt roll stomp everyone in his way.
-he is inexperienced and soft
-he may be facing many enemies at a time
-he may be tricked or ambushed
-he may be facing an inconvenient opponent

just because his raw power and potential are superb doesnt mean he can just go and defeat a ranker (the one who takes their opponents seriously, there are always idiots who die while underestimating their enemy). isnt it interesting watching him overcome those ^^^^ obstacles? he is not even halfway up. dont be so greedy and impatient.
i am sure we are in for surprising events at the last station. maybe he will kick some ass. all im saying is that its better to keep your expectations not so high and end up bitter and unsatisfied, but instead be pleasantly surprised by his growth.

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
You are making baseless assumptions about power levels every damn week. And then act disappointed that Baam didnt roll stomp everyone in his way..
I mean, imagine expecting an Irregular to actually live up to the title. Baam finally showed something worthwhile in this last arc. Hopefully SIU keeps his momentum going.

isnt it interesting watching him overcome those ^^^^ obstacles?
If those obstacles are Regulars, then no. It's not interesting watching him overcome that level of cretin at this point, nor does it seem appropriate for him to be struggling at that level. What is interesting is the possibility of him at last evolving past that mundane drudgery into someone who merits all this 'monster' hype. Most of us ('us' referring to the segment of the fanbase that you're trying to address) are bored with seeing little babies splashing around in the kiddie pool.

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, what many of you guys seem to all think and assume is that Baam is now a killer monster, capable of ravaging his way up the tower among other mere regulars. But then, it's rather you guys who're highly overestimating him, for the following reasons :
1) after the Workshop battle, Baam was so overpowered, he was now E-ranked, he had acquired the first piece of the thorn but guess what! D-ranked regulars like Sacchi, Yura almost handed him his ass on a plate; Kaiser and Hoaquin were bullshit way stronger than expected. ...why? Because Kaiser had tower rules and expensive ranker items on her side (but then, without those advantages, she was merely at the level of Androssi).
Hoaquin had spells to enable him become bullshit stronger in the middle of a floor test.

2) Baam, after learning shinwonryu could barely hold his ground against the first big breeder...because the guy had tower rules on his side.

3) Baam may currently be as strong as data Jahad, but then there were no rankers and high rankers in the days of young jahad; just imagine the RED specially selecting C-Rank regulars and giving them bullshit tools and advantages to fight a confirmed irregular!

You guys aren't serious in thinking Baam is super stronger; even Hwa Ryun is so worried by what she can foresee that she's required White to be resuscitated.
Well I think Bam really is a monster...in abeyance, that is. As I see it, bam's attack/destructive power is already very high, however he has not yet become able to summon or fully utilize it fully. Bam was never able to use the first thorn to its maximum, since just using it a bit made him totally exhausted. So potentially Bam is very high there in the amount of attack power he has inside him. One could say that this whole story so far is about Bam becoming more aware of, and learning to use his power. For Now however he is able to fight at data jahad's level, only top be thwarted by real jahad's power.

So Bam is now fully able to operate at Data Jahad's level, and he has begun building resistance to real Jahad's power. I think Bam at this point has no need to fear Karaka or White, I'll wager he is close to Princess Yuri. What is scary is that this is only scratching the surface of the power laying dormant within him. Just wait until he goes Red Thysa over all those high rankers.

The thing I find most intriguing about Bam is the deal with him as an infant being left/locked inside a dark cave for the safety of others. Is he at the core some kind of Vampiric feeder on the life force of others? Since GOG said his core power was gluttony? If this power somehow breaks out at the oncoming battle, there will be a lot of dead Jahad-ists out there when the battle starts. However this could all be my wishful thinking, but any way I look at it Bam is scary strong (potentially), I just hope SIU sees it that way too.

Last edited:

angeldust

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I dont think baam can beat a ranker alone. seeing androsi and rak getting power ups makes me think it will be 3v1: ral,androsi and baam vs charlie and they will get wooped like crazy. love was going easy on viole. what will be amazing will be white and yuri teaming up to fight that kallban guy i think. finaly team hastu fill fight the regulars on the station

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
I dont think baam can beat a ranker alone. seeing androsi and rak getting power ups makes me think it will be 3v1: ral,androsi and baam vs charlie and they will get wooped like crazy. love was going easy on viole. what will be amazing will be white and yuri teaming up to fight that kallban guy i think. finaly team hastu fill fight the regulars on the station
Eh, I feel like any of the Regulars would just be a liability to Baam against a Ranker. His best and probably only chance would be to go it alone.

Shiro90

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Iraq
I think the upcoming battle will mark a huge event in the tower history as it will unveil Bam to the whole residents of the tower and he will gain a new believers , on the other hand I'm still concerned about the fate that Zahrad mentioned and I think Wangnan play a great role in it

Vitala

Reaction score
Country
Cape Verde
Hello guys interesting chapter this week, i just wanted to say that the fact the HR can control 30 or 50 bangs iwas never mentionned in the series and not even a chapter blog post but an old QA translated by Godai the first wiki mod. If some of you read this week blogpost you know that SIU said that all things who are in the blogpost and haven't appeared in the series yet may change in the future, he finally confirmed it, just to say that that number of bangs may not be true anymore like evankhell sex and height.
for example in the figth between karaka and yuri , he was able to use at least 50 bangs and he is not a HR, also they are people who don't fight with bangs but are strong like yuri.

For this week i want to notice that there were tier among rankers, for exemple the ranker phonsekal D'rak is designed as second tier servant and top ranker while the others two are third tier servent but just rankers , so even in ranker there are high level ranker and i think it's the kind of ranker adori defeated in her profile cause it was said she defeated a high level ranker and not a HR.

its also interesting to see grade in zahard army, like colonel, captain , division commander , that means HA chunhee must be the second of kallaban in the army.

Brian Taboada

Reaction score
Country
United States
The thing I find most intriguing about Bam is the deal with him as an infant being left/locked inside a dark cave for the safety of others. Is he at the core some kind of Vampiric feeder on the life force of others? Since GOG said his core power was gluttony? If this power somehow breaks out at the oncoming battle, there will be a lot of dead Jahad-ists out there when the battle starts. However this could all be my wishful thinking, but any way I look at it Bam is scary strong (potentially), I just hope SIU sees it that way too.
This is something that keeps getting repeated in the series and has to be significant. Aside from what the GOG said, he swallowed all the souls and the clones response, or his ability to copy skills and techniques after a single attack, Jinsungs own comments to Karaka about Baam ... There are so many instances where Baams ability to consume was disclosed. (This does not even touch on his ability to chose correctly how to proceed in a fight, such as with the steel eel and Headon, or Elaine) Then there is Sui's comments about Baams abilities being beyond heretic but almost magical) But Rachel's comments really makes you wonder whether the outside people (Arlen , God) knew what Baam was before unleashing him on the tower. If this is true, at some point his abilities will show. After all, even Zahard himself is scared of Baam.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well I think Bam really is a monster...in abeyance, that is. As I see it, bam's attack/destructive power is already very high, however he has not yet become able to summon or fully utilize it fully. Bam was never able to use the first thorn to its maximum, since just using it a bit made him totally exhausted. So potentially Bam is very high there in the amount of attack power he has inside him. One could say that this whole story so far is about Bam becoming more aware of, and learning to use his power. For Now however he is able to fight at data jahad's level, only top be thwarted by real jahad's power.

So Bam is now fully able to operate at Data Jahad's level, and he has begun building resistance to real Jahad's power. I think Bam at this point has no need to fear Karaka or White, I'll wager he is close to Princess Yuri. What is scary is that this is only scratching the surface of the power laying dormant within him. Just wait until he goes Red Thysa over all those high rankers.

Red Thryssa was at a floor without its Administrator, and It supposedly was the reincarnation of that Administrator. It was in its rightful Floor, and without an opposing power. I doubt It Will have as much freedom in a floor with an admin of its own. So I would rule out the possibility of Red Thryssa saving the day.

Maybe the last station is allowed, Just as the train, to have rules of its own. If that's the case, then Bam can act a little like the current admin and make a difference. Data Jahad did say he felt the power of the admin when Bam used the Thorn. But I doubt It could make him stronger than rankers. They have a much stronger body even without Shinsoo, they can still Hunt him and injure him.

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
do you really think that Yuri and White can defeat Ha Jinsung?