Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 455 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 455 Spoilers & Discussion

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It also may have some roots in the original conflict. Remember Arlen and V's motives for starting a war against Zahard were clearly stated. They wanted the Key so they could continue climbing. So anybody who wanted to continue would have had reason to fight against Zahard.

paulbee

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Zahard certainly had to conquer to build an empire. He had to step on toes - elfkin, native ones, who knows who else. No spoilers but the next chapter sort of elaborates on various factions that oppose(d) him.

Regardless, if you want to make an omelette you have to crack a few eggs. FUG has a personal grudge against Zahard. Then and now. Back then I think it was more related to the events of V and Arlen being wronged (now it has individuals that have personal, unrelated grievances with Zahard), but I imagine they had supporters too that weren't *personally* as offended as Arlen to have a child killed for instance, but we're on the same page ideologically. That a tower king is a farce or is somehow oppressive in some way we don't yet know. The deeper mysteries of the tower I suppose.

The 10FHs were obviously complicit. Guilt by association. And likely families like the LPB revelled in enforcement of empire rules or waging wars. It was said they fought among each other before falling in line with Zahard. So they picked a side. It is likely he had something over them - I'd suggest he could cancel their immortality contracts somehow as king. So if even by coercion or organic support of Zahard's efforts, the 10FH became indistinguishable from Zahard to the hoi polloi.

Just look around the world today. Some are uprising or protesting over being personally wronged by the government. Others they have been insulated by proxy. They don't like what they see or how others are being treated. Or it's just a matter of principles. Some families have been flattened under foot of an oppressive regime's army. Literally. Others have seen it happen. Others are worries about the ever-expanding police state and militarization of local forces. There's always the issues of territory, resources, faith.

The Ant Farm

Jahad's greatest sin is in sealing up the Tower, capping it up at the 134th floor. The implication of this act is that it prevents people who want to leave the tower via the top, or who want to climb higher while not leaving from being able to do so, while at the same time compelling them to be come subjects of Jahad's "benevolence" as their eternal king. This act strips the millions of inhabitants of any real freedom.

In my mind, the Administrators (who control the shinsoo), are the ultimate offenders here. To them the Tower is just one play field where toy with lives as if the Tower is their private ant farm where they greedily observe the poor pathetic humans struggle to survive under variations of adversity. Just how much can lesser beings take before they break? Greedily observing how people respond or treat each other when promised wealth, power, immortality and such.

It would not surprise me if Jahad's Egotistical kingdom is not in fact their first time of playing toy soldiers with humans and other similar species.

Perhaps SIU's ultimate goal is not simply a story of Bam vs Jahad, It could be a story of Bam (the new Moses) versus the power behind Pharaoh (Jahad), meaning the Administrators themselves are the true ultimate enemy.

Last edited:

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I think Zahard certainly had to conquer to build an empire. He had to step on toes - elfkin, native ones, who knows who else. No spoilers but the next chapter sort of elaborates on various factions that oppose(d) him.

Regardless, if you want to make an omelette you have to crack a few eggs. FUG has a personal grudge against Zahard. Then and now. Back then I think it was more related to the events of V and Arlen being wronged (now it has individuals that have personal, unrelated grievances with Zahard), but I imagine they had supporters too that weren't *personally* as offended as Arlen to have a child killed for instance, but we're on the same page ideologically. That a tower king is a farce or is somehow oppressive in some way we don't yet know. The deeper mysteries of the tower I suppose.

The 10FHs were obviously complicit. Guilt by association. And likely families like the LPB revelled in enforcement of empire rules or waging wars. It was said they fought among each other before falling in line with Zahard. So they picked a side. It is likely he had something over them - I'd suggest he could cancel their immortality contracts somehow as king. So if even by coercion or organic support of Zahard's efforts, the 10FH became indistinguishable from Zahard to the hoi polloi.

Just look around the world today. Some are uprising or protesting over being personally wronged by the government. Others they have been insulated by proxy. They don't like what they see or how others are being treated. Or it's just a matter of principles. Some families have been flattened under foot of an oppressive regime's army. Literally. Others have seen it happen. Others are worries about the ever-expanding police state and militarization of local forces. There's always the issues of territory, resources, faith.
I agree with a lot of this post, but i still think there is some difference.

First of all, Zahard gave the tower inhabitants the ability to climb up. So, instead of being stuck in one floor for the rest of their very long lives, they can travel it more or less freely (if they are strong enough). People can make contracts with admins on each floor of the empire and gain strength, (..)

Of course there are people that don't like that, nations that got destroyed on the way, (..) and it would make sense to conspire with Arlene & V against Zahard and the heads.

But once Arlene & V are out of the picture, it doesn't make much sense to me to fight an open war, if you are a nation that is about to be conquered or something like that.. Because, as far as we know, there is just no way to win.
They can't kill Zahard (and maybe the heads as well) and i doubt they have fighters that can even rival him (them). So the only way would be to imprison him & (or) them (good luck) somewhere or that he himself gives up being king, because it is too tiresome.

The only reason to continue would be a deep grudge and the lust for revenge, like with FUG. But if you want peace, waging war against an immortal, all powerful king isn't the best option. Unless it's a suicidal thing - i would rather die than submit -, but why build the "peace walls" then?

I personally hope that we will get answers regarding this questions.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It also may have some roots in the original conflict. Remember Arlen and V's motives for starting a war against Zahard were clearly stated. They wanted the Key so they could continue climbing. So anybody who wanted to continue would have had reason to fight against Zahard.
Yes, but as soon as Arlene & V are out, you can't climb anymore, even if you manage to get the key. Unless you get one irregular on your side.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Jahad's greatest sin is in sealing up the Tower, capping it up at the 134th floor. The implication of this act is that it prevents people who want to leave the tower via the top, or who want to climb higher while not leaving from being able to do so, while at the same time compelling them to be come subjects of Jahad's "benevolence" as their eternal king. This act strips the millions of inhabitants of any real freedom.
Like i already said - no. The only people he is stripping of the freedom to continue the climb are irregulars, nobody else (as far as we know). Only irregulars can take the admin test. In fact, they couldn't climb at all until Zahard established the empire and the "new test system".

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I agree with a lot of this post, but i still think there is some difference.

First of all, Zahard gave the tower inhabitants the ability to climb up. So, instead of being stuck in one floor for the rest of their very long lives, they can travel it more or less freely (if they are strong enough). People can make contracts with admins on each floor of the empire and gain strength, (..)

Of course there are people that don't like that, nations that got destroyed on the way, (..) and it would make sense to conspire with Arlene & V against Zahard and the heads.

But once Arlene & V are out of the picture, it doesn't make much sense to me to fight an open war, if you are a nation that is about to be conquered or something like that.. Because, as far as we know, there is just no way to win.
They can't kill Zahard (and maybe the heads as well) and i doubt they have fighters that can even rival him (them). So the only way would be to imprison him & (or) them (good luck) somewhere or that he himself gives up being king, because it is too tiresome.

The only reason to continue would be a deep grudge and the lust for revenge, like with FUG. But if you want peace, waging war against an immortal, all powerful king isn't the best option. Unless it's a suicidal thing - i would rather die than submit -, but why build the "peace walls" then?

I personally hope that we will get answers regarding this questions.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yes, but as soon as Arlene & V are out, you can't climb anymore, even if you manage to get the key. Unless you get one irregular on your side.

Like i already said - no. The only people he is stripping of the freedom to continue the climb are irregulars, nobody else (as far as we know). Only irregulars can take the admin test. In fact, they couldn't climb at all until Zahard established the empire and the "new test system".
Zahard never gave them the ability to climb, the one that choses people as regulars is Headon. Guardians can send people accross floors, 2ndF sent Evankhell and she is a regular. I think what Jahad did was give regulars an easier path up, since admin tests were a lot harder compared to Ranker mediated ones. But people such as Molic One and Native One are likely regulars that climbed the Tower before the 13 GW ruled It.

It is Said that only irregulars can take tests outside of Floor Ruler's jurisdiction, but I think this is an effect of Admin Contracts that irregulars can ignore and regulars must follow.

And these contracts were setup by the 13GWs, meaning they didn't exist before.

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
I never said he prevented climbing the tower.. After Zahard reached the 134th floor, he sealed it up, therebye preventing those who wanted to leave the Tower from the top from doing so, This is the main reason for Arlene and Vee having their falling out with Zahard.

sazon

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hi guys, this is my first post here and sorry if my english is bad. So I would like to know where I can read the chapter, I found only the summary and raw here

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Chapter out everyone

Trapped in the wall,erasing the memories of others is this Founding Titan power :teehee

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Wait, it kinda just hit me that the snake guy became immediately aware that bam warped... So... isn't that sort of a big deal? who the heck is his contact? Whoever he is working for is getting information from the cage in real time...

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Wait, it kinda just hit me that the snake guy became immediately aware that bam warped... So... isn't that sort of a big deal? who the heck is his contact? Whoever he is working for is getting information from the cage in real time...
He is an Engineer, he can get around technology. Someone in the past created pockets and Lighthouses, It shouldn't be too hard for someone with such skills to detect Bam's pocket location and realize It changed floors. Maybe its the ToG equivalent of tracing a Cell phone location.

In fact, Bam left his pocket with Aguero on Hand of Arlene in order for Team Tangsooyuk to find It. Knowing a person's pocket apparently allows you to find out where It is somewhat easily.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
He is an Engineer, he can get around technology. Someone in the past created pockets and Lighthouses, It shouldn't be too hard for someone with such skills to detect Bam's pocket location and realize It changed floors. Maybe its the ToG equivalent of tracing a Cell phone location.

In fact, Bam left his pocket with Aguero on Hand of Arlene in order for Team Tangsooyuk to find It. Knowing a person's pocket apparently allows you to find out where It is somewhat easily.
The guy spoke about getting the order from his commander or captain though. A pocket can presumably be traced if you have had access to it but otherwise it shouldn't be that easy. Karaka did it but we have to consider karaka is a ranker who pulled one over bam... That's certainly not the same as snake guy pulling this off.

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hm, I wonder if Canne will choose Kallavan's side and wake her sister up. I hope we will see the Baam vs Kallavan confrontation soon, but Baam was really unlucky coming after Kallavan just to be blocked at the entrance.