Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 459 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 459 Spoilers & Discussion

cash2088

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Cape Verde
In my honest opinion Baam reaching Kallavan's level of power isn't to bad story wise. Kallavan is very powerful, almost or equaled to Hell Joe. When Uerik faced hell Joe he told him that outside the hell floor Hoe wasn't special when it comes to strength.

It will only push us foward to more powerful opponents for Baam. Kallavan is a gold fish compared to the 10FHs and algae compared to actual irregulars who opened the doors. It would be great to see him at this level now instead of at floor 99 him jumping to FH power level to take on Ari Hon. That kinda ass pull is unacceptable.

Kallavan is weaker than he was 2 years ago because he's missing an arm. Having Baam be his level now is perfect. Baam gains some street cred for defeating the human collector as being a C-Regular taking on a ex body commander. Also it's time Baam got the essence of fighting from Kallavan. I'm dying to see Baam use it.
Why would he just suddenly become FH level? We KNOW Urek wanted him to go to wing tree(Wolkhaisong) in fact the higher Baam claims the stronger his potential teachers will be.

He could also meet Enryu as he climbs higher... A little Shinsoo skill session?

Training with Urek and Enryu alone would put Baam in a place where most know he is headed. Ultimate POWER!!! Lol

And you’re right Kallavan is a goldfish yet he still has HUNDREDS of years of training. Give Baam 10 years and Kallavan looks like a poodle.

So in two years baam going from tadpole crack to destroying Kallavan is bad progression, equally as much as him jumping to FH level out of nowhere.

Which is why SUI is building his basis of power so when he becomes a literal God it won’t be an ass pull of deific proportions....

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Which feat was more impressive.

Bam making a tiny cut on the face of Urek Mazino.

Bam injuring Kallavan.

I wouldn't mind ifUrek Mazino and Kallavan fought to make it easier to figure out if Bam is getting stronger or weaker.

Bam's attack which made a tiny cut on Urek Mazino's face probably should have cut Kallavan in half.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Which feat was more impressive.

Bam making a tiny cut on the face of Urek Mazino.

Bam injuring Kallavan.

I wouldn't mind ifUrek Mazino and Kallavan fought to make it easier to figure out if Bam is getting stronger or weaker.

Bam's attack which made a tiny cut on Urek Mazino's face probably should have cut Kallavan in half.
Injuring kallavan and defeating him are two different things. Jinsung punctured Kallavan and yet lost. I dont mind (actually i would like it) if Bam managesto put atleast one major injury on Kallavan which causes him inconvinience. But i dont want Bam to defeat him just yet. Atleast few more powerup / tech training is required for that imho

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I liked the chapter.

Hatz' wise i am looking forward to how this pays out. I hope that seeing white fight teaches him something at least. Something he can use to become stronger. I wonder if hatz is able to use his sword's ignition nowadays. He made the point it was difficult to control against the princess...

so the first level of the thrysa's transformation is tail... I thought it was a claw but a tail makes sense considering how it looked like earlier. I am looking forward to bam advancing the transformation and eventually having even more blades at his disposal.

The fight between the main trio and the ranker is fun but it also feels like bam will simply carry the group. It seems like they will have fun while they skewer the ranker.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I did too. Seeing Koon, Rak, and Baam team up seems fun.

And it's going to be cool to see Kallavan fight White.

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
I did too. Seeing Koon, Rak, and Baam team up seems fun.
At some point, though, you need to leave the name of Ranker at least some veneer of respectability. An Irregular doing Irregular things is one matter. Letting actual, legit Regulars participate in a fight with a Ranker and win is a whole other ball game, and it just makes Rankers in general look pitiful and worthless. SIU is going to do it regardless, no doubt, but I don't think it's the right thing to do.

I do wonder what all the folks who are always lamenting the lack of stakes and tension in the story are going to come up with to justify this.

ivaannom

Reaction score
Country
Spain
At some point, though, you need to leave the name of Ranker at least some veneer of respectability. An Irregular doing Irregular things is one matter. Letting actual, legit Regulars participate in a fight with a Ranker and win is a whole other ball game, and it just makes Rankers in general look pitiful and worthless. SIU is going to do it regardless, no doubt, but I don't think it's the right thing to do.

I do wonder what all the folks who are always lamenting the lack of stakes and tension in the story are going to come up with to justify this.
It's not like it's a problem for them to participate in the battle. Baam will do all the job while RaKhun will support him like Khun did this chapter with the fish, it's not like they are going to fight.

Even if Rak and Khun are just regulars they are still a direct descendant and a native one, they aren't normal regulars, even if it still too soon to fight rankers on their own, they should be useful with this kind of thing.

Even if Baam fought alone I wouldn't sense tension in this, it's not like he's going with all his powers, so even if they fight nothing would change.

Last edited:

cash2088

Reaction score
Country
Cape Verde

Well to that I would say context is key. For one as @ivaannom stated. None of Baam’s companions aren’t talented in their own respect. Which leads me to the point that without Baam NONE of these regulars would have been in the dangerous positions that they were thrust into early. Baam is the reason time after time it is regulars vs some overpowered enemy.

You could say the only reason they look pitiful is because this is a destiny that wasn’t meant for regulars or more simply put because of...Baam.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

I don't agree. They are fighting this guy 3 on 1. As long as he appears strong, I have no problem with them fighting or even beating him as long as SIU feels like he can explain that without too much asspulling.

It does present certain problems with power creep leaving the rest of the cast too far behind but I think maybe SIU is going to bridge that gap with "forgotten techniques". Like in this chapter there is that throwaway line by Kallavan that old rankers knew how to use Shinsu more suited to their attributes. I wonder if that means that the attribute training Eduan gave Baam and his friends isn't commonly done anymore.

Hidden abilities like that could provide the edge needed to bridge the power gap.

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Baam is the reason time after time it is regulars vs some overpowered enemy.
Not always. Take Anak as an example, she was targeted by RED as soon as she started to climb the tower.

ou could say the only reason they look pitiful is because this is a destiny that wasn’t meant for regulars or more simply put because of...Baam.
Who do you mean? the regulars or the Rankers? Because i think he meant the latter. And it's not completely out of the blue. Since the story began, Rankers were portrait as omnipotent beings and it was said several times that Regulars can't do shit in a battle with Rankers. And it's different if you buff someone or distract them (although even that should be hard) or if you block attacks of a Ranker,even if it is just a little bit. That should not be possible for a regular, a d rank at that. The only exception might be Rak with his curse lifted, but for the rest?

It's like Hatsu manages to cut Kallavan. It's not just "how could he do it", but more like "so high Rankers are pussys", because according to Kallavan, a "normal" high Ranker can't do shit against his defense.

TheLastMartian

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
North Pole

Well they are just sitting back and distracting him / blocking vision. If the ranker suddenly pulled out a lighthouse it would probably counter the two regular support.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And we already know Bam is stronger than him but holding back

Jedikos

Reaction score
Country
Ghana
If not that SIU had said in his blog that it's not exactly Khun able to use the flames power but rather Khun is just 'carrying' a Ranker's flame with him and throwing it around, I would have had been really upset by how they were able to block that Ranker's needle. I mean look at Aguero, he does not have respect for Rankers anymore, his cockiness aside, still he should fear, maybe he thinks he can't die but at some point in time this disrespect to Rankers has to be corrected. By no means too should they be relaxed in front of the ranker, they both(Khun and Rak) did not witness Baam vs Gado, I don't see on what basis they think they can win. I'm starting to think they realize they are main characters and so have plot armor.
The point also remains that the Ranker is not even trying, he has been standing at one place and just moving his wrists.
If he gets serious, and Rak and Khun gets bloodied, almost dying(even if they will heal later)that would be really beautiful and put them in their places again. Then Baam will realize how far he is ahead of them in everything, from then on he can tell them to stay put or back to the ship. He wants to see Kallavan alone, he can't protect them. But then we all know that ain't gonna happen.
Still my very problem is why they are not hurt at all, they are Regulars, speed, skills, shinsu resistance, enforcement, they are way back compared to a Ranker, why are they still not hurt yet? Flame and Rock powers or not.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Come on, clearly the situation here is like this because bam is there. As in, aguero is calm because he knows bam is about strong enough to take on a ranker and rak is calm because he is kinda nuts as usual. Add to that, aguero's skills are in general just good enough to support rankers. It was because of aguero that evankhel was able to throw a spear at khel hellam. His flames and light bearing are that good. Of course, combat against a ranker without bam in the team is a situation where aguero would have no hope.

And even then... Aguero and rak are as far as we know well above their class when it comes to combat. Getting shinsoo qualities made sure of that. They are currently C ranks but their power is probably at least at the top of the class, it's not a stretch that they could hold their own against B ranks. It wouldn't be too insane if they could put the tiniest of dents on a sufficiently weak ranker under the right circumstances at this point in the story.

And another bit... rak is probably due a rather substantial powerup at least. As far as we know he still hasn't unleashed his shield... Once he does he will likely get the full benefits of his shinsoo quality and perhaps even ancient power.

sazon

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I really don't understand why you guys get so involved with Rak and A.A helping Baam in the fight. He made it clear that he did not want to use his powers here because he is still training. And it's not 1 vs 1 between Ranker and the two regulars.

The crux of it all is that Delete underestimates them for being regulars! This gives A.A several loopholes he can exploit, be he one of the most calculating characters in the work. Not to mention that both know how to use Shinsoo's quality and form, no ranker would ever imagine that coming from a regular, which would give them even more advantage. No doubt the attack will be against Baam, but it is not as if the others could do nothing.

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I really don't understand why you guys get so involved with Rak and A.A helping Baam in the fight

Because of what was told about Rankers, and Delete seems to be one of the stronger ones. Take this from the wiki as an example.

Though born of a human body, he was not one who grew within human constraint. This is an existence above any human, a distinctly separate entity from man. A "Ranker".

Or let's go back to the last station. Hwa Ryun said something like this "The chances of Regulars surviving in a battle with Rankers are so low that you can't even say it's possible." And then she says that if Bam manages to succeed, he will change the history of the tower.

The crux of it all is that Delete underestimates them for being regulars!
Charlie did so too. And he is supposed to be a rookie, not an ancient one like Delete. Chances are that he would have killed all of them with his white noise, including Androssi and Bam. Both of them already had their shinsoo quality, but it didn't really matter.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Chapter out everyone