Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 471 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 18 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 471 Spoilers & Discussion

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Different standards, I guess. To me, he feels like a bread shuttle right now and SIU keeps deliberately introducing elements that appear designed to block the likelihood of him settling up with Kallavan. That could all be misdirection, but it wouldn't be the first time Baam has gotten shortchanged.

What Baam's been doing is 'impressive' if viewed through the lens of what we'd expect from Joe Climber. Change that lens to what should be expected of an Irregular and it becomes a bit humdrum all of a sudden.
Well we've been on this merry-go-round before.

Your desire is for Baam is for him to be a lot more OP than I. I don't expect that nor do I want that.

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
Well we've been on this merry-go-round before.

Your desire is for Baam is for him to be a lot more OP than I. I don't expect that nor do I want that.
Right now all I want is for him to have a proper resolution to the storyline that he brought into Season Three. Power aside for a moment. I don't think any of us came here to see him run around in a ship and get the coffee for everyone else.

TheMoa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
What Baam's been doing is 'impressive' if viewed through the lens of what we'd expect from Joe Climber. Change that lens to what should be expected of an Irregular and it becomes a bit humdrum all of a sudden.
I disagree, at this point he's actually on par with the great warriors at the same point of climbing, if not ahead.

We know his growth rate is greater than that of the great warriors (to be expected and necessary, since he has to catch them and they have thousands of years of headstart) and if we take where he was after the hidden floor and where he is now... he is ahead of them.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Right now all I want is for him to have a proper resolution to the storyline that he brought into Season Three. Power aside for a moment. I don't think any of us came here to see him run around in a ship and get the coffee for everyone else.
I don't think there is much chance of that. He's going to do something. He's the protagonist.

Where we almost certainly differ though is that in a strange way I'm almost rooting for him to fail. Because failure might provide more for him than victory would. My point of discomfort with Baam isn't that his strength level. It's his lack of wisdom. If he is to be a great heroic figure. There needs to be growth in strength and wisdom. And everything about him in this arc is him letting his emotions dictate his every action.

I wouldn't quite call it arrogance but it's a sort of lack of understanding of the price of overconfidence. Like he seems completely unaware or indifferent to the fact that everyone helping him do this could die. That concerns me much more than his battlefield accomplishments.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Like if he understood fully and completely all the things that could go wrong with doing what he's doing and showed concern for that but decided the right thing for him to do is attack this fortress anyway... I'd respect that a lot more than his current mentality.

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
Where we almost certainly differ though is that in a strange way I'm almost rooting for him to fail. Because failure might provide more for him than victory would. My point of discomfort with Baam isn't that his strength level. It's his lack of wisdom. If he is to be a great heroic figure. There needs to be growth in strength and wisdom. And everything about him in this arc is him letting his emotions dictate his every action.
Can't happen this time. This is basically him auditioning for the role of being the leader of the resistance to Zahard. If he fails now, then nobody will believe in him moving forward and he basically has nowhere to go. No war, Zahard wins, story over.

Anyway, Hwa Ryun guaranteed a victory to Luslec. So a loss here makes her look worthless too.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Can't happen this time. This is basically him auditioning for the role of being the leader of the resistance to Zahard. If he fails now, then nobody will believe in him moving forward and he basically has nowhere to go.
SIU is definitely setting him up to win here. And is teasing that in like 5 different ways. Hwa Ryun for example is very rarely wrong.

But if I could pick and outcome it wouldn't be that one. Long term for the character and the story, I think things would be much better off if this course of action ends in disaster.

A person can't have courage until they have fear. That's something Baam is missing. He doesn't have fear. He just never thinks about it.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I'd say it's more of a question of what it means to win here. I'd say odds are that bam is going to "win" here but there are many ways in which such a victory could come to bam. Personally I would find it way too convenient if bam gets everything he wants. It'd also set a bad precedent for bam himself and make him cocky in the wrong ways in fights to come. The arc reminds me a ton of the marineford arc in OP. I could see jinsung getting "aced" for instance.

mascheny's presence is also a huge wildcard. She is both powerful and utterly insane. Her actions will be meant to satisfy her own bloodlust during the battle but most likely they will also ensure that the war escalates in the future. So I could see mascheny being the one to end jinsung if only to aggravate bam.

Another point to consider here is that high rankers from both sides are definitely going to die. It's more of a question of whom.... Yama's death seems plausible to me. He is actually insanely important to fug, so much that you'd think he'd have some manner of plot immunity, but on the other hand the one that the canine people absolutely need to survive is doom due to him having the ability to share his power.

There is also the question of who else will show up.... so far we have only seen bam's conventional fug allies but we have yet to see evidence of further slayers rallying behind him. I suspect seto might show up since the ladle was traded iirc. And this war will end.... when luslec shows up.

Overall, this was a nice chapter. I've been annoyed that the bayroad's lore was changed but at least we are now getting some updated information. The baylords coming from the workshop seems like a bit of a copout though, I was kinda hoping they'd be some sort of species native to the tower. And sort of married to the family.

The backstory is definitely not complete though. The evidence would be good old paul. His appearance is definitely that of a lo po bia family member. Meaning that paul almost definitely has actual lo po bia blood in him. so....papa baylord either took an actual lo po bia and made him into a canine person or at some point he bred with a LPB. I am not clear on whether canine people can or not breed conventionally. Another bit here is yaratcha. He is definitely the same kind as doom as far as I can tell. And has anima powers meaning he has actual LPB blood running through his veins. So there is a good chance that he is doom's brother or half brother. I was thinking he could also be another workshop experiment but that doesn't quite fit with his anima powers. What we have been told also does not explain why yaratcha did what he did to papa baylord either.

The eagle being wind seems quite a broken power. At first I was wondering if the creature could be something like elaine's wolf but it being wind would disprove that.

And aguero.... he is going into way evil shit now. Aguero is the type to do underhanded stuff to win but this definitely seems like a step up from his usual stuff. He is pretty much feeding souls to white... I wonder if white is still being set up to be undone by bam. It'd be kinda anticlimactic if white gets offed by someone else tbh... And bam could realistically undo the spell bounding souls to white for all we know.

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
The arc reminds me a ton of the marineford arc in OP. I could see jinsung getting "aced" for instance.
In some circles, that would be called plagiarism. SIU is better than just straight up ripping off One Piece.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
In some circles, that would be called plagiarism. SIU is better than just straight up ripping off One Piece.
It would be incorrectly called that in those circles. The act of incorporating someone else's ideas into your work is called being "derivative". The act of passing someone else's work off as your own is "plagiarism".

I'm honestly not sure that could be called either. Oda didn't invent the older mentor figure dying. That's been around quite a long while.

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
It would be incorrectly called that in those circles. The act of incorporating someone else's ideas into your work is called being "derivative". The act of passing someone else's work off as your own is "plagiarism".

I'm honestly not sure that could be called either. Oda didn't invent the older mentor figure dying. That's been around quite a long while.
Semantics aside, a ripoff is a ripoff. If SIU deliberately sets up a situation exactly like Marineford and then uses the same ending, then that's what he's doing. Again, he's better than that and I hope he feels the same. And if he were to do it, he would deserve to be called out on it and I don't think I'd be the lone voice doing so.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Semantics aside, a ripoff is a ripoff. If SIU deliberately sets up a situation exactly like Marineford and then uses the same ending, then that's what he's doing. Again, he's better than that and I hope he feels the same. And if he were to do it, he would deserve to be called out on it and I don't think I'd be the lone voice doing so.
That depends heavily on how he does it.

Going for a similar moment to the Ace moment in one wouldn't be a ripoff in my eyes but it's inherently a lot different in the sense that Baam is leading this where Luffy wasn't. And Ace was Luffy's brother where as Jinsung is strictly speaking a guy complicit in the abducting and coercion of Baam by FUG; who later on becomes a proper mentor.

The only way this could be an actual ripoff is if like FUG goes the way of the Whitebeard Pirates. And Luselec shows up and sacrifices himself in the attempt to save Jinsung. Now THAT would be a ripoff.

TheMoa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
SIU is definitely setting him up to win here. And is teasing that in like 5 different ways. Hwa Ryun for example is very rarely wrong.

But if I could pick and outcome it wouldn't be that one. Long term for the character and the story, I think things would be much better off if this course of action ends in disaster.

A person can't have courage until they have fear. That's something Baam is missing. He doesn't have fear. He just never thinks about it.
Well, SIU kind of did that in the walls of peace disaster. Baam failed to stop the Dowon to wake up, couldn't beat nor get any information from Kallavan and half the houndbound got killed. It's kind the failure to get the sucess here.
Off course it got toned down because Baam got what he wanted even in failure (Jinsung location, FUG's support, another shot at Kallavan).

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, SIU kind of did that in the walls of peace disaster. Baam failed to stop the Dowon to wake up, couldn't beat nor get any information from Kallavan and half the houndbound got killed. It's kind the failure to get the sucess here.
Off course it got toned down because Baam got what he wanted even in failure (Jinsung location, FUG's support, another shot at Kallavan).
Yeah but he didn't do it with Hwa Ryun. Who, as much as I hate it, he always uses foreshadow or as a plot device to move things where he wants them to go. I personally can't stand her for that reason.

One day we're going to find out she's Enryu or something and I'm going to throw my tablet out a window

Sade Morte

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
i think it might be more intresting if baam doesn't beat kalalvan baam and rachel are MC but not everything have to be centered around them.the scale of the story grew and now we have players like gustang adori ..influcing the story by comparision baam is a small fish so instead of using power it would be more intresting if they use their intelligence to disrupt the enemy and cause friction build unity and reach their objective.
all the new generation slayers are gathered so their performance will shape FUG ,even after thousands of year of servitude war goes on and those who have grievance against zahard can join together under banner of the butterfly.

White only goal is to defeat his father as long as he eat their enemy he should be fine until he doesn't.

yas and father baylord appearence is still special oh and that goat maybe,how yas and yama came to be will be reveal when yama face yas.why lopobia need blood transfusion in the first place?was it a test subject for z.princes or preceed it?the monkey branch died out(btw somehow im not surprised by SUI racist bs sterotype wins again) elaine family struggled before producing someone talented as her.maybe lopobia have bredding problem or maybe they are inbred.if they are on the lower side of the scale compared other FH they don't have enough mariage opportunity to Ha or Koon for exemple to strenghten their blood so they have no choice but to look in the family.
Maybe some of the Lo po bia are experiments with the ancient(and the 23 beasts seems like an ancient to me), that will automatically make a reason for the blood experiments such as the canine and the canine having a problem passing their power.

Btw I know this is outdated, but I guess Baragav(mad dog) got some of Baam's blood that's why he got immunized to Yas' spell.

Ha Jinsung didn't take It for a reason. I think he wouldn't benefit from It, he already has his body resilience to its max after thousands of years under Shinsoo pressure. I might be wrong tho.
He just don't like it, coz he's already strong and that's like stealing from a baby who guarded it...

Just like Urek with the red thryssa

ivaannom

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
One day we're going to find out she's Enryu or something and I'm going to throw my tablet out a window
:XD

Actually there was a time where I thought that she was a part of Enne somehow since she looked a bit similar to her silhouette to me. Never thought of Enryu, I hope not since I don't like gender bender

Sade Morte

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Yeah but he didn't do it with Hwa Ryun. Who, as much as I hate it, he always uses foreshadow or as a plot device to move things where he wants them to go. I personally can't stand her for that reason.

It's weird that some guide gets blinded by Baam's power, except for Hwaryun and

It's weird that Sowo gets blinded by Baam's power, except for Hwaryun and Evan.

Echizen_Akira

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
England
Hello, this is SIU.

This week, like I said last week, is a cut from one of the 4-cut-strip comics I'm putting into book 4. Since it's one part of four, there's more hehe. I mean, there's not much to them either (...) I'm just making something that you guys can enjoy. So please... look... forward to book 3 and 4...

Keuk... There's been some spoilers I accidentally dropped before I made an edit here qq. I am sorry qq. Pretending that nothing happened (like Men in Black), I'll summerize this chapter. We have an explanation of why Yama brought the Cage here, to launch a giant needle to break the walls. Cha brings a ship to Baam. Phew, it's not easy to rewrite this stuff

This week, Khun and White looked both evil. They're like bleach...

I'll leave off the summary of this week's chapter here!

I should probably slow down with the previews, especially when my health's at the limit... The previews make things hard for people huhu q

On the Disease of the Week...

This chronic cold (which is the new name I'm calling it) isn't going again. It only goes away for a moment while I'm still taking medication. Others are telling me to take a break and exercising makes it easier, but that's the hard part qq. Ever since I started Season 3, I've been having waist and neck pains too, so I guess I'm a full house combo. Heuk.

Anyway, everyone take care, and I'll try my best to keep my body healthy to keep my mind healthy. Actually, even without considering the body, it's hard to keep your mind healthy. I hope that whatever difficulties we face that we can stay happy.

Next week, I will be back with Khun and White the spawn of darkness, and Baam who doesn't know any better.

Stay healthy and have a good week!

And as always, thank you! _ _

신의탑 3부 54화 후기