Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 478 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 28 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 478 Spoilers & Discussion

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Crosspost from reddit

If you guys look closely at the attack Karaka is using vs Kallavan, it looks VERY similar to the attack Zahad used against Baam (but metallic) whereas Zahad's move looked more organic

This struck me as interesting in two ways (1) Father and Son have a very similar move pool, but potentially more interesting (2) Karaka seems to use a move that looks like a synthetic form of his Father's attack. In many stories metals and the like signify "unnatural" or "human" creations. Could this potentially hint to Karaka's origin
There is a big difference though. Zahard has never actually used those tentacles. They are usually presented as a representation of sorts, kinda like showcasing zahard is a monster. Of course, the similarity between those is fairly obvious. The only time we actually saw the red tentacles at work, as in physically there and not a representation, is when the real zahard sent his power to the data world and it ravaged things there.

Turtle hunter

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't know if we can call that inconsistency or plot hole , but Baam can't see his ennemy dying and it seems like he figth without killing intent , when the training with GOG was to give him that killing intent first .

Secondly Baam killed 2 men at FOD , he was not even phasee by it .

I think it was the first people that he killed , i found is reaction very calm , and now we have that Baam who has problem.seing people dying .

Even when you look at Baam at the beginning he is clearly weird for MC , he is not you typical MC . Being mad in livr with one girl , pursuing her for god knows how many chapter . His personnality didn't really stood out until recently .

I think he is way better than before , but he still need to grow .
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

There is a big difference though. Zahard has never actually used those tentacles. They are usually presented as a representation of sorts, kinda like showcasing zahard is a monster. Of course, the similarity between those is fairly obvious. The only time we actually saw the red tentacles at work, as in physically there and not a representation, is when the real zahard sent his power to the data world and it ravaged things there.
So zahard usef them .
I think Baam's mission to the Nest will fail. Strategically, it will be a huge blow because Zahard's forces will lose, but Jinsung will die without being saved, and thus Baam will have the taste of lost that finally steels him for his destiny.
i don't know about that , SIU doesn't likr killing Baam friend .

Zahard's Prophet

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I don't know if that's true. ToG's death count isn't *that* bad compared to other manga/manwha in its demographic. Horyang is more or less dead and seems like he'll at most get a footnote in the epilogue now that the scale of the story has left Beniamino Cassano without much possible relevance, Prince and Arkraptor died (albeit offscreen), that one henchman of Aka, Deng Deng, etc. That random Regular that got oneshot by Paul?

I'm not saying that ToG is a very death enabled series and SIU is obviously reluctant, but I think that he knows people are gonna have to die eventually.

PlotArmouredTitan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I think Baam's mission to the Nest will fail. Strategically, it will be a huge blow because Zahard's forces will lose, but Jinsung will die without being saved, and thus Baam will have the taste of lost that finally steels him for his destiny.
Since Khun has made it public that the mission is to rescue Jisung, him dying would be considered a loss just like in onepiece at marineford.

Also, I think it will be more impactful on him if Jisung survives at the cost of characters like EVK, YHS and every other person that came to assist.
It will be his victory but at a cost so great that he would start questioning if endangering the people he has just to get one person was the right choice.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm of two minds on that.

On the one hand I think it's a better story if this fails. And I think this could be a better arc if this turns into a situation where they free Jinsung and then he turns around and dies covering their escape. What that could do for Baam as a character, I think would be great. It would also be a good launching point for a variety of other stories. So that's the way I'd want it to go, I think.

On the other one I feel like SIU has really done a lot of foreshadowing about how this is going to work. With Hwa Ryun and all the buildup that's setting up with her predictions. And the narrative framing he did that set this up as some huge event. So I'd be a little surprised if this doesn't come out as as a "big success" with all objectives succeeding.

FutureIsBae

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
The game's actual rules were mostly irrelevant for most of the fight. IIRC bam even got orbs because zahard kept punching him towards them... And even looking at the fight, its not necessarily the case that zahard had a raw power disadvantage. Anytime bam was close to zahard's fist was a bad time for bam and in their final clash the two of them were kinda even. As in, both were knocked back by the blast. Bam surpassed zahard in pure shinsoo control and nothing else, not even raw power...

That is definitely the most reasonable scenario. But making the case that either one would be stronger than the other at post hidden floor is a stretch to me.
Which is why I believe them to be at equal during this time. Even during their battle they seemed relatively equal, and they both had their strengths and weaknesses (in terms of improvement). No disagreement from you on my part
The very reason for his training for the past 2 years is to get to a level where he could challenge Kallavan. That's the only qualification he's got for making use of a considerable amount of FUG's key resources to attempt an almost impossible rescue of his master Jinsung. And his performance in the fight against Kallavan shows how unqualified he is. Sowo is right, he has no basis, no qualification, no right to ask FUG to make such incredible sacrifices, to risk the loss of 3 Slayers in order to satisfy an underperforming and underachieving individual like him.
that would be a great way to finish off this arc. A war this grand of size should not allow the protagonists to come out unscathed...in fact, so long as a major loss is received, I think the arc would pan out well. I do have a feeling that one of the three brothers would die by battle during this arc as well.

EternalWinter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting ... I wonder why it changed? It's not as if numbers would be hard to translate. It makes me speculate that the Korean posts will be updated to reflect this change as well.
Some guy on the line translation said that they admitted they got it wrong and it is lvl one
[/QUOTE]

got link?

yeah I was informed of this, regardless they both have a somewhat similar attack, except Karaka's is armor'd
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I think baam walks out of the nest with Jinsung alive and his three slayer allies alive. Doom needs to live for the future of the race. AA and Rak need to live for obvious reasons. Dowon was on Haedon's wall so I don't see her dying.

Cha? Evank?

It's all fair game sadly

PlotArmouredTitan

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

Crosspost from reddit

If you guys look closely at the attack Karaka is using vs Kallavan, it looks VERY similar to the attack Zahad used against Baam (but metallic) whereas Zahad's move looked more organic

This struck me as interesting in two ways (1) Father and Son have a very similar move pool, but potentially more interesting (2) Karaka seems to use a move that looks like a synthetic form of his Father's attack. In many stories metals and the like signify "unnatural" or "human" creations. Could this potentially hint to Karaka's origin
Is it the normal subreddit or the private one. this should still be fast pass spoiler in the normal subreddit

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Bam had to invent a new ability on the spot to deal with what is clearly a well-known threat he should be prepared for. It makes no sense. What did he expect in a confrontation with Kallavan then? That Kallavan would take pity on him and fight without the EoB? How did he plan to damage a guy with skin as hard as a diamond? Last time they met, he was shouting for all to hear that he'd beat him the next time they meet and rescue his master. He looks even more pathetic now considering how belligerent he was then.
Spoke my mind. Really why did he attack Nest if he can't equalise with kallavan? What was his end game here? Death?

shadow-v12

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Siu clearly intentionally made kallavan op

Kallavan is as strong as an entire squadron

The HQ sent the 5th squadron for one wall and they only sent Kallavan at the other which shows he's another level entirely

Probably like top 50. Baam isnt gonna beat him now obviously but its headed there eventually. This should be the last Baam/Kallavan fight till their final fight

And nah i dont really see jinsung Ha dying either. Fug is starving for a win against zahard so i think this is gonna be their first win

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
A part of me want that to happen. It will atleast teach him that of he is weak as he is now he should stay home and play monopoly instead of coming out in the big bad world and fight.
He can't handle a one handed squadron commander and he planned on attacking a place with 3 of them along with other major high rankers.
10 yrs in the making and war starts but our irregular is still the same old little irregular that couldn't.

EternalWinter

Reaction score
Country
United States
A part of me want that to happen. It will atleast teach him that of he is weak as he is now he should stay home and play monopoly instead of coming out in the big bad world and fight.
He can't handle a one handed squadron commander and he planned on attacking a place with 3 of them along with other major high rankers.
10 yrs in the making and war starts but our irregular is still the same old little irregular that couldn't.
I thought Vitale had bad takes. Goingdoomer on bam is both unrealistic and sad

If anyone doubt again about the power level of Baam's companions now we see they even can assist rankers in real fights
Give it one chapter. I can wait to see Kaiser and Ram's contributions

The Crypts

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Spoke my mind. Really why did he attack Nest if he can't equalise with kallavan? What was his end game here? Death?
Only SIU knows the answer to that, I just hope he helps us make sense of it.

Also, consider that he was ready to take on the nest alone. Well, it'd make sense if he was really alone which would point to a suicidal motive, but he had his much cherished close friends to lose, he had his guide, his new master, etc. That would make even less sense than sending him off unprepared.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
If anyone doubt again about the power level of Baam's companions now we see they even can assist rankers in real fights
Koon lesso hockeneye proved themselves in this battle and even if they sit it out from now onwards it's fine in my eyes. Its a full blown war and they managed to assist kill 2 HR in a manner that their absence would mean that those high rankers would absolutely remain alive. Additionally Koon brought back one of the strongest asset of Fug in this war.
Srsly if we look at it till now in this battle he is the mvp

Last edited:

The Crypts

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
But he did use them in killing the Big Breeder and also attempted to kill Rachel and the Ha girl (was stopped by Urek's sworn enemy data).

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I thought Vitale had bad takes. Goingdoomer on bam is both unrealistic and sad
What is sadder is you following a manga as your no 1 from 2012 till 2019 and begining to hate it in 2020 because the way author is handling MC

EternalWinter

Reaction score
Country
United States
What is sadder is you following a manga as your no 1 from 2012 till 2019 and begining to hate it in 2020 because the way author is handling MC
Nothing has changed about baam. He is progressing at a quick pace and has found morality in his choices and acceptance of the cost

He almost took of kallavan's arm and made him bleed. He has bent multiple slayers and high rankers about his orbit

What's there not to like.

@Demonspeed How do I change my age, im 23 not 28 :bedtime

M3 gnarkill

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hush, we're supposed to be really impressed by that. Like, we're supposed to just accept and embrace that he's so inherently beneath these people that even making a scratch is a big deal.

If you ever needed an indicator of how far the name of Irregular has fallen compared to when we were introduced to the concept way back when.
Nothing has changed about baam. He is progressing at a quick pace and has found morality in his choices and acceptance of the cost

He almost took of kallavan's arm and made him bleed. He has bent multiple slayers and high rankers about his orbit

What's there not to like.

@Demonspeed How do I change my age, im 23 not 28 :bedtime
Glad to see the normal debbie downers are still going strong. Wouldn't be a weekly chapter discussion without them.

Overall seemed like a decent chapter and on par with what I expect from Baam. Khun and Isu just doing what they normally do and out smarting people. Same thing they have been doing since the start of the series. I'd give it a 7.5 or 8 outta 10