Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 485 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 42 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 485 Spoilers & Discussion

Kallavan will...

• kill Lyborick and take his place

• be killed by Lyborick

• be killed by someone else

• join Wolhaiksong

• join FUG

• None of the above will happen

Results are only viewable after voting.

szopaman

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Poland
A have a feeling, that in the end Baam is going to became main villian of the series. In every arc he is closer to accept death, killing and using others for your own reasons. Also he starts to give himself right to decide others fate. He is closer and closer to See himself as Kind of messiah, even if he pretend to reject that Point of view. Current war is evidence-so many deaths Just becosue he misses his master. It doesnt seem like positive attitude :)

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
A have a feeling, that in the end Baam is going to became main villian of the series.
Still going to root for him if he does. Because who else is there? Rachel? Loser Wang? Laughable. As long as he wins, I don't care about Baam's alignment anyway.

requiem46

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
A have a feeling, that in the end Baam is going to became main villian of the series. In every arc he is closer to accept death, killing and using others for your own reasons. Also he starts to give himself right to decide others fate. He is closer and closer to See himself as Kind of messiah, even if he pretend to reject that Point of view. Current war is evidence-so many deaths Just becosue he misses his master. It doesnt seem like positive attitude :)
I don't think it will happen as he seems to be destined to kill Zahard and Zahard is clearly evil, so unless he decides to continue the killings after that, he'd stop still having a "good" alignment. But if it did happen, it would certainly give a different perspective to Rachel: she's the only person who openly acknowledges that Baam is a monster and is afraid of him, and she's also one of the people who knows most about what he really is (even if narrative mystery requires her not to tell us everything).

DERRICK S NIBLACK

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think Baam will be a villain but I think Baam will enter a crossroads of some sort. Baam was a pure boy who would even save his enemies at one point. Now that part is changing. He's conditioned himself to learn to normalize it for his goals. Look at Ding Ding. He sent him there knowing he was putting him in trouble, he learned later about him being the heart but he promised to protect the boy but sent him to the slaughter. Later he admits to not wanting to fully want to protect him. In the past Baam would protect any and everything with his life on the line. Its like he's getting further and further than his old self. I'm sure it was the same for Zahard as well. He started out with pure intentions of unifying the tower.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Don t expect anytime soon as if that happen this series will be ending soon. you guys should just watch bleach like Ichigo kurosaki. You guys want Bam to be like Ichigo Kurosaki from bleach right Having insane powers up too fast
In which case he shouldnt go around declaring war against Zahard was there any hint that they were executing Jinsung in a month if Bam didnt make an appearance?
If he is unable to deal with HR of Zahard army in fight or in plan why is he rushing in?
Also nah I dont think Bam being near Jinsung/Evankhel level would mean series would end soon. Zahard obliderated the whole hidden garden army along with the elder and then spared his life so that he can wallow up in his fear. Thats how powerful Zahard is. Being as powerful as Evankhel/Jinsung Kallavan is no hint at him being able to beat zahard in next few chapters. However if he is unable to be that powerful after 2 thorn and dog transformation and irregular as teacher and GoG as teacher and2 HR as teacher with real world combat experience like no other regular then this is stretching and he shouldnt go around declaring war.
And anytime soon isnt really an answer. Around how long do you think it will take Bam at this rate to challenge zahard who btw is quite aware Bam exist and is actively taking action to end him and if these measures fails it wont be surprising to see Zahard being actually active in hunting Bam down.
With that factor in mind, what is the range you think?

Crimson Ice

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
People calling Baam trash for not being over powered right now is a joke. Baam is easily on pace to pass up Jahad and the 10 family heads. Baam has the highest growth rate in the series and probably will only be weaker than Phanta when it’s all said and done. Phanta is one of the strongest people in SIU’s multiverse, not just Tower of God.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
We need (data) Urek Mazino, Bam and (data) Jahad's chronological age in the hidden train level.

To put circumstances into perspective.

We know Mazino was more powerful than either Bam or Jahad at that stage but don't know if its a result of Mazino being chronologically older.

lemo

Reaction score
Country
India
We need (data) Urek Mazino, Bam and (data) Jahad's chronological age in the hidden train level.

To put circumstances into perspective.

We know Mazino was more powerful than either Bam or Jahad at that stage but don't know if its a result of Mazino being chronologically older.
Well we don't know, we infer...there's a difference right?

Zmsp

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Regarding the Baam power level in comparison to Jahad/FH, is it really a discussion worth having at this point in time? If the point behind saying Baam is weaker in this stage of the game compared to how they were back then, is to say his growth is not that impressive, I think people who advocate for that are not even looking at the big picture.

Baam is a couple of years old, granted we don't know how long he spent on that cave, but his body has matured at an expected pace since the story began, so it's kinda pulling stuff out of the ass to expect him to have spent centuries trapped in the cave, looking like a child, and suddenly being a teenager. We know for a fact that Jahad/FH are at least a thousand years old, by facts dating back to their climb, so unless we expect the story to be told in the spawn of a thousand years, when so many things have happened in just a few years, he's going to be stronger/Jahad level in a couple more years. That already means his growth/talent/level is unparalelled, when it comes to non-axis characters. Urek's the only character that's hard to compare to anyone really, but it seems a bit of a stretch to say he is on a completely different level from Jahad.

Baam was never strong to begin with, he's been built as a character who acts like a vessel for any newfound power, with limitless potential, so his growth rate just depends on how fast SIU wants to dump a credible amount of powerups on him, and give his own body/shinsoo control some other powerup to mature and mix it all up. He can't make a time skip that envolves a lot of years, because all character interactions would just be lost/had to start from scratch, so seems like Baam will end up being the biggest monster of them all in the least amount of time.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
And here I am, thinking that bam is actually growing way too quickly for the story...
I'm guessing most of this coming from Baam(& co) v Kallavan II

My opinion, Baam is very powerful. But he's yet to master any of his abilities besides Blue Oar and Fast Skip which is a bit frustrating at this point. Also does not help that he gets new techniques in battle and underwhelms (Black March ,Blue Shield, Red Sword, Orb(used to throw it), 2nd Thorn). If he could use BM and RT at least to 50% of their ability Kallavan would be DUST rn.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

SIU needs to gives us a couple chapters of Berserker Baam unleashing HeLL... And the only way that could happen is if JH or EVK die (Ace Style)
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Cold blooded Hwa Ryun needs to make it happen

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

My opinion, Baam is very powerful. But he's yet to master any of his abilities besides Blue Oar and Fast Skip which is a bit frustrating at this point. Also does not help that he gets new techniques in battle and underwhelms (Black March ,Blue Shield, Red Sword, Orb(used to throw it), 2nd Thorn). If he could use BM and RT at least to 50% of their ability Kallavan would be DUST rn.

SIU needs to gives us a couple chapters of Berserker Baam unleashing HeLL... And the only way that could happen is if JH or EVK die (Ace Style)

Cold blooded Hwa Ryun needs to make it happen
My main issue here is that there is no realistic way for bam's friends to keep up with him. SIU of course can introduce a powerup here or there but anything that would push them even a third of the way to ranker level is absurd at this point in the story. Meanwhile, as you say bam's skills are ultimately still well short of a ranker but he manages against even mightier foes than rankers on raw power alone. Which is not to say bam's skills are bad per say, he just falls short of rankers.

But.... berserker bam isn't really a thing. Would this even produce a mightier bam? Bam is already at the bare minimum of skill required to barely function at the tier he is trying to be competitive at. Would him being mindless help? I suppose the thrysas taking over could do something but revolution IIRC was supposed to stop that. It'd be different if bam was so skilled and experienced that he could go off on muscle memory alone but bam doesn't appear to be there yet. Even now he is avoiding running on fumes because he is fighting by burning souls... And he will probably run out of souls over the battle's course assuming the souls behave differently from the other stuff he has absorbed.

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
I certainly got no sense of this. That whole sad saga with Kallavan emasculated Baam hard in my view. It's not even necessarily that he should have won or should have done better in a pure vacuum. But SIU made such a big deal about Baam repeatedly talking that shit about taking down Kallavan, and in the end his best shot couldn't even manage to make the man unseal his arm and take him seriously. And that after Baam had turned tail and run from him on multiple occasions prior.

Last edited:

Zmsp

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
And here I am, thinking that bam is actually growing way too quickly for the story...
I don't agree or disagree.
It all comes down to how big of a gap exists between Irregulars and High Rankers. I don't think Baam's companions will serve as anything other than emotional support/fuel for him to create his own identity amidst his own struggles, anything other than that will honestly be a huge blunder by the author, who's escalated the power levels of irregulars to unattainable levels by his own narrative. By being so vague in the rules of shinsoo control/irregularity, we don't really know the true pace at which the story is being driven, because we can't yet see how far the finish line is.

hblock

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
My opinion, Baam is very powerful. But he's yet to master any of his abilities besides Blue Oar and Fast Skip which is a bit frustrating at this point.
Baam is without a doubt Ranker level in pure skill currently (he's also far more experienced that low level Rankers than Pan). The thing is that when we remove the multipliers, his raw power becomes suddenly below par compared to Rankers, that's why he seems struggling against them. The same goes for his physical ability.
In the last station, it was quite the opposite. With the many multipliers he used (Thorn, BM, revolution, etc), his raw power stood on a whole another level compared to Rankers but his skill and experience were far beneath them which made their fight quite balanced in another way.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
My main issue here is that there is no realistic way for bam's friends to keep up with him.
WHAT!? Who care if his friend's can't keep up he's an Irregular lol. C'mon who the hell could ever keep up with Goku!?

In the last station, it was quite the opposite. With the many multipliers he used (Thorn, BM, revolution, etc), his raw power stood on a whole another level compared to Rankers but his skill and experience were far beneath them which made their fight quite balanced in another way.
Re-read the LS!
He's never used the BM properly, he does a flare wave with it. That is not a BM technique, it's his. 1st thorn seems like he has mastered, but he could hardly use the 2nd thorn

and in the end his best shot couldn't even manage to make the man unseal his arm and take him seriously. And that after Baam had turned tail and run from him on multiple occasions prior.
Wow I completely missed that, you're right Kallavan got serious vs Prime White

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
My main issue here is that there is no realistic way for bam's friends to keep up with him. SIU of course can introduce a powerup here or there but anything that would push them even a third of the way to ranker level is absurd at this point in the story.
The main issue is how SIU is taking the story. If this was a typical adventure storyline as early TOG was then there was no issues regarding bam s power. Late S2 and S3 is seeing bam and zahard declaring war on each other.
If zahard is as he is hyped and the other 10 are as such then this pansy growth is nothing.
Also the situation erupted with Bams intransigence. He is hell bent to tackle kallavan first battle he ran away saved by evk and yuri, second he ran away saved by Dwoon, third he and karaka tag teamed (after he 'completed' his training) and had literally 0 means of saving himself even after he jacked a shield from nowhere and was saved again by white.
With this achievement set it's a wonder why he didn't commit hara kiri

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Regarding the Baam power level in comparison to Jahad/FH, is it really a discussion worth having at this point in time? If the point behind saying Baam is weaker in this stage of the game compared to how they were back then, is to say his growth is not that impressive, I think people who advocate for that are not even looking at the big picture.

Baam is a couple of years old, granted we don't know how long he spent on that cave, but his body has matured at an expected pace since the story began, so it's kinda pulling stuff out of the ass to expect him to have spent centuries trapped in the cave, looking like a child, and suddenly being a teenager. We know for a fact that Jahad/FH are at least a thousand years old, by facts dating back to their climb, so unless we expect the story to be told in the spawn of a thousand years, when so many things have happened in just a few years, he's going to be stronger/Jahad level in a couple more years. That already means his growth/talent/level is unparalelled, when it comes to non-axis characters. Urek's the only character that's hard to compare to anyone really, but it seems a bit of a stretch to say he is on a completely different level from Jahad.

Baam was never strong to begin with, he's been built as a character who acts like a vessel for any newfound power, with limitless potential, so his growth rate just depends on how fast SIU wants to dump a credible amount of powerups on him, and give his own body/shinsoo control some other powerup to mature and mix it all up. He can't make a time skip that envolves a lot of years, because all character interactions would just be lost/had to start from scratch, so seems like Baam will end up being the biggest monster of them all in the least amount of time.
The funny thing is...Baam isn't weaker. He tied with Data Jahad, meaning hidden floor Baam as strong as Jahad was on the Hidden Floor. Baam right after the hidden floor gets a second thorn fragment and the red thyrssa. This is what makes this discussion funnier.

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
The funny thing is...Baam isn't weaker. He tied with Data Jahad, meaning hidden floor Baam as strong as Jahad was on the Hidden Floor. Baam right after the hidden floor gets a second thorn fragment and the red thyrssa. This is what makes this discussion funnier.
Already had the Red Thryssa before that, and technically the second Thorn as well.