Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 494 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 494 Spoilers & Discussion

Mizaistorm

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
what are the scenerio you can think of where Hatsu sword can be both life saving and not an ass pull?
in this case it happen to be immune to mind controle.
in different scenerio it could be immune to certain poison or can cut souls or heal sickness or can harm a shinheh...
no matter how you flip it a weapon in a regular hand that can solve a situation where rankers ,who spent hundreds of years climbing the tower and another thousands surviving as rankers ,fail make no sense.

In baam groupe of regulars the only one who can be an adori is wangnan and that is because he is maniuplated by zahard.
Rak power won' t manifest until baek hyun khell Evankhell die which won' t happen any time soon.
then find the missing fifth ancient .
for him to gather all the power to become relevant power wise.
the rest no one standout.
and that a fact i think Siu has to come to term with.
and use the regulars in regulars setting where they can shine.

to be honest i don t really care what is happening between between baam and white.
baam will do as much as plot allow him to do.he has the power to overcome all odds but that not an exciting story.
that is the issue with Op mc.
mental gymnastics to justify why they don t oblietrate everyone in their paths.

call it what you will.
but white aa mascheny rachel wangnan...everyone who try to defy the Fh is like a game for our entertainment.
we know they won' t win but we enjoy the spectacle.
Those are the rules of the world of tog.
there is an unsurmontable gap between irregulars and regulars.
the funny thing is most Fh enemies are their own descendants not people from the tower.
the class system still exist.
Fug will win only because they have baam.
which is tragic.
it s like their are created to serve baam story and have no say or strenght to change or controle the world around them.

again that is the world of tog.
it s like greek mythology .
those who defy gods don t have a happy ending.

sazon

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
what are the scenerio you can think of where Hatsu sword can be both life saving and not an ass pull?
in this case it happen to be immune to mind controle.
in different scenerio it could be immune to certain poison or can cut souls or heal sickness or can harm a shinheh...
no matter how you flip it a weapon in a regular hand that can solve a situation where rankers ,who spent hundreds of years climbing the tower and another thousands surviving as rankers ,fail make no sense.
Well, not wanting to be devil's advocate, but in this regard the SIU has already limited the sword saying that its power depends on who uses it and as it is selective and prefers weak people, maybe we will never see its potential. Anyway, depending on what this "purify" means, it's even capable of undoing spells, so SIU won't be that crazy, at least not until Hatsu is a ranker.

Mizaistorm

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
when the weapon is so rare it make things worse.
Hatsu of all people happen to possess such an item that work only for him and for this situation.
the more you narrow down the condition of use.it make it look like the weapon was tailor made for this .an ex machina.

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hatsu of all people happen to possess such an item that work only for him and for this situation.
the more you narrow down the condition of use.it make it look like the weapon was tailor made for this .an ex machina.
I don't disagree, but I think it's a bit early to decide this, I think it has to do with the overall Hatsu plot. Even because White said that the path of a swordsman is bloody and the sword seems to be against it. I don't think it's a problem for him to get a rare item, I think it's problematic the way the SIU performed this scene.

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Baam didn't go through revolution two times.
I meant that he already was at the point where he thought his "true strength" (revolution part1) and realised that all his powers are part from him. thus he made the white line (revolution part2).
but you are right.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

YHS and DC are HR at least around the top 500,
On what do you base that asumption? On his last fight, i presume? That's exactly my issue. Apart from that, where did he look like a top 500 guy? Where was it stated? and i am not even sure if the div commanders are around that level. Wasn't Yuri supposed to be there? Yuri smashed Cheonhee.

Hansung got cold sweet when Yuri stomped into his office on the second floor. He even said that he had "a long way to go" because he was shaking afterwards. Hansung had his encounter with the Red guy but pulled back before the sheep got serious. He submitted to his faith when the zahard army came knocking on his door. Yes, there were also highrankers present. But according to you, the strongest guys there (div commander) was only on par with Hansung. Why not try to run away? Unless he thinks that there is no way. Look at karaka at the last station. He knew that there were quite a few High Rankers. He fought nonetheless (until he struck the deal with Evan).

Hansung is a HR powerwise, but i doubt the 500 part. I also doubt the divcommander part, except for the last fight, which is my issue. He isn't Bam, where that kind of growth would be plausible in such a short amount of time. He also didn't get an upgrade like the fire fish, so where does this rise in power come from?

Oh, and some guys here can spend the whole week freaking out and taking hints that doesn't change the fact that YHS is a genius, that it has already reached the strength of a top 500, being a ranker for less than 1000 years.
It's a fact now? So Siu told us his ranking? or the ranking of the guy he defeated?
The only real fact is that he beat that Yasracha div commander.
And that this doesn't make much sense from what we have seen so far (or the Divcommander was just wayyyy weaker than Cheonhee).

And one more thing. I don't have a problem with you believing something different. Believe whatever you want. But i don't get why you (and others) go around with their believes and sell it like facts.
Hansung not being able to deal with two attacks of her - fact (he thought that he was dead and Yuri saved his ass).
Hansung fighting on equal ground in Karaka's dimension? Speculation.
Hansung showing nothing like Cheonhee showed us at the Last train station, when she saved Frog from Whites top tier attackvor when she played with hansung (except for his last fight, which is the problem)? Fact (prove me wrong).
The only way i see right now is that Siu said it in a blog post. Which wouldn't change the fact that he never showed it.

hblock

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
No, he could not. Do we know if he still had HR power? No.
No, it doesn't- But it also wasn't a Evankhell - blue hair guy punishment.
I don't know why you stick to Kay but Evankhell isn't just one or two but easily tons of tiers stronger than Sharon when she goes all out. If even with this much gap, she still nerfed herself to match Sharon's level, it just implies that a single exchange is nowhere near enough to gauge a gap between two characters.
In other words, Hansung's little exchange with Dorian and Evankhell overwhelming Kay are competly irrelevant, has nothing to do with each other and aren't even remotely close to consider as an argument to assess power levels at this point.

In this context, i don't think that it really matters why he took the attack.
The context does matter and it matters a lot, especially in this case. If Hansung wasn't burdened by the hostages behind (the regulars), he'd have just effortlessly dodged the attack and that was my point in all my previous posts.
According to you "overall power = destructive capacity", which is a false equivalence. Fights aren't just about who shoots the strongest laser.

When we've got a lot of facts, the right thing to do is to group them all toguether and find the right balance without contradicting each any of them. What you did however is making a personal interpretation (assuming that Hansung can't dodge the attack even in a neutral situation), one among many possible interpretations, and sticking to it as face value. This approach is false since it's more than obvious that it'd leads to many contradictions. There's nothing wrong with admitting that your initial intepretetion of some feats wasn't accurate when we've got some new feats contradicting them, what you should've done instead is reconsidering how were you driven to such a conclusion and reinterpreting what happened with a more accuracy without contradicting any facts.

In Hansung's case, assuming that he can effortlessly dodge the fan's attacks would make faaaaar more sens when we group all facts toguether :
-He foguht a DivCom and won, albeit in special conditions.
-He fought Cheonhee for an extended amount of time with just a little help.
-DivComs are comparable.
-The new 4th corps DivComs are assumed to be stronger than the former one, including Cheonhee.

There's also SIU's statement to consider (in the last blogpost) :
"Instead of going full out as they say, let's just start with Yu Hansung fighting a Division Commander, step by step."
I doubt he'd have said that if Hansung wasn't DivCom tier or at least something close to it.

I could also say that Hansung pulled a Hansung and started to negotiate while running away. Karakas underlings and Hansung managed to distract her and he pulled an Enna Core on her. Than she screamed her lunges out and he and the rankers drank some coffee.
When Cheonhee got suddenly teleported to the dimension, was bloodlusted and unleashed her strongest weapons (including the fan) and when Karaka brought them back after clearing the first wall, they remained in their fighting stances.
Based on these two facts, it's pretty much obvious that they fought all this time with no winner.

And until we see the corpses of Karakas Underlings, it's not proven they were that useless. Or unharmed as well. We just don't know.
They're advanced Ranker tier at best and we've already seen the massive gap between advanced Rankers and DivCom tier fighters like base Paul. Their impact was nothing but minimal.

When Leero fought the Madorako Ranker (rest in peace) during the workshop battle, the FUG Ranker was really pissed. Leero thought that he would die if he confronts him direclty, if i remember correctly. That isn't exactly the kind of confidence you should have if you are around the same level. Yet he managed to avoid him and stall him at the same time.
Leror only said that things would've been difficult without a lighthouse or something like that iirc. And Yes Lero Ro and Madorako's Ranker were actually arround the same level. The fact that Ro could exchange moves and stall him for a long time without being injured implies this much.
Arround the same level =/= Dead equals.

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I don't know why you stick to Kay but Evankhell isn't just one or two but easily tons of tiers stronger than Sharon when she goes all out. If even with this much gap, she still nerfed herself to match Sharon's level, it just implies that a single exchange is nowhere near enough to gauge a gap between two characters.
In other words, Hansung's little exchange with Dorian and Evankhell overwhelming Kay are competly irrelevant, has nothing to do with each other and aren't even remotely close to consider as an argument to assess power levels at this point.
I don't really get it. You give the answer to yourself. A single exchange is normaly not enough to gauge the level. But if a single exchange IS enough, that speaks tons about the gap.
Meaning that the difference between Frog and Hansung wasn't like the difference between Evankhell and blue hair. The difference between him and Cheonhee WAS evident in their single exhcange thing (ok, there were three attacks in total, one from hansung und two from Cheonhee, but you get the drift).
The single exchange between Urek and Karaka WAS enough to show us just how different those two are. We don#t need to know that urek is an irregular, we don#t even have to know his rank. Just that one finger thing showed us what's going on.

If Hansung wasn't burdened by the hostages behind (the regulars), he'd have just effortlessly dodged the attack and that was my point in all my previous posts.
I got your point, but i fail to see the proof. Could you show it to me? The dimension thing? we went over that already. No proof, just speculation.

In Hansung's case, assuming that he can effortlessly dodge the fan's attacks would make faaaaar more sens when we group all facts toguether :
-He foguht a DivCom and won, albeit in special conditions.
-He fought Cheonhee for an extended amount of time with just a little help.
-DivComs are comparable.
-The new 4th corps DivComs are assumed to be stronger than the former one, including Cheonhee.
The first point is the only thing that is not speculation on your part. And it is the reason we are having this discussion, so it's rather pointless.

Let me speculate as well - I say that madoraco is in the top 500 (at the least) because he and the red witch fought them for an extended amount of time (what does that even mean? We don't know how long the dimension thing really was. Could have been an hour, or 5 minutes. The same goes for the cage) out with White and Hansung for quite some time.
Which means that karaka is way above the top 500, because Madoraco fled with his tail between his legs. Yes, karaka wasn't alone, but there was only a ranker minion and she doesn't matter according to you.

As for your last point - i think Liboric said. Could also be an excuse for killing of the former division. Could be arrogance. Could be true.

I doubt he'd have said that if Hansung wasn't DivCom tier or at least something close to it.
I would say that Siu changed his mind, like he did with so many things. Problem is, if he changes the things from his blog, it's one thing - the whole Imort & Yama story would be an example. But if he changes things that already happened INSIDE the story, without a good explanation, it is bad writing. And that is, again, the reason of our discussion.

He could have avoided that situation. Team up Hansung with the flower lady. Let karaka fight the dude in his place. Problem solved. But i guess that he wanted to let him shine, like he wanted to let Hatsu shine. He can do whatever he wants, he is the author. But i, as a reader, can just buy the things he pulls, without asking any questions and ignoring logic - or not.

When Cheonhee got suddenly teleported to the dimension, was bloodlusted and unleashed her strongest weapons (including the fan) and when Karaka brought them back after clearing the first wall, they remained in their fighting stances.
Based on these two facts, it's pretty much obvious that they fought all this time with no winner.
They're advanced Ranker tier at best and we've already seen the massive gap between advanced Rankers and DivCom tier fighters like base Paul. Their impact was nothing but minimal.
Leror only said that things would've been difficult without a lighthouse or something like that iirc. And Yes Lero Ro and Madorako's Ranker were actually arround the same level. The fact that Ro could exchange moves and stall him for a long time without being injured implies this much.
Arround the same level =/= Dead equals.

I don't know if you don't want to understand me, or just can't.
You think it is all fine and logical, i think it's an ass pull.
Either way, i think it is pointless to discuss this any further.
Let's just agree to disagree.

Mizaistorm

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
does anyone else wonder how will they climb after this war.
or will SiU skip the tests .
they are going to keep getting into trouble anyway.
so it doesn t matter making it out alive will be the test

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I meant that he already was at the point where he thought his "true strength" (revolution part1) and realised that all his powers are part from him. thus he made the white line (revolution part2).
but you are right.

On what do you base that asumption? On his last fight, i presume? That's exactly my issue. Apart from that, where did he look like a top 500 guy? Where was it stated? and i am not even sure if the div commanders are around that level. Wasn't Yuri supposed to be there? Yuri smashed Cheonhee.

Hansung got cold sweet when Yuri stomped into his office on the second floor. He even said that he had "a long way to go" because he was shaking afterwards. Hansung had his encounter with the Red guy but pulled back before the sheep got serious. He submitted to his faith when the zahard army came knocking on his door. Yes, there were also highrankers present. But according to you, the strongest guys there (div commander) was only on par with Hansung. Why not try to run away? Unless he thinks that there is no way. Look at karaka at the last station. He knew that there were quite a few High Rankers. He fought nonetheless (until he struck the deal with Evan).

Hansung is a HR powerwise, but i doubt the 500 part. I also doubt the divcommander part, except for the last fight, which is my issue. He isn't Bam, where that kind of growth would be plausible in such a short amount of time. He also didn't get an upgrade like the fire fish, so where does this rise in power come from?

It's a fact now? So Siu told us his ranking? or the ranking of the guy he defeated?
And that this doesn't make much sense from what we have seen so far (or the Divcommander was just wayyyy weaker than Cheonhee).

And one more thing. I don't have a problem with you believing something different. Believe whatever you want. But i don't get why you (and others) go around with their believes and sell it like facts.
Hansung not being able to deal with two attacks of her - fact (he thought that he was dead and Yuri saved his ass).
Hansung showing nothing like Cheonhee showed us at the Last train station, when she saved Frog from Whites top tier attackvor when she played with hansung (except for his last fight, which is the problem)? Fact (prove me wrong).
The only way i see right now is that Siu said it in a blog post. Which wouldn't change the fact that he never showed it.
My guess is based on YHS itself. It's been said by SIU that his strength is in the top 500, I'm not saying it, it's the author himself. Until he says otherwise, that's a fact.

At no point did I say that YHS was as strong as Yuri. First, top 500 is where it stacks up against other rankers. Second, Yuri's position had already gone up when she got 2 out of 13 months, we just don't know how much. And let's face it, everyone here is well aware that Yuri's strength is far greater than her rating from the beginning of the series. You know letting Ren act was totally part of his plan to capture Baam, right?

Oh, unless you can invade the place where the heart is or break spells, Karaka is immortal, so he can try to do as much damage as possible on a battlefield without worrying.

It doesn't make any sense for you to compare him to Baam. Viole will reach the top 20 before becoming a ranker (we all know he will fight in Arie Hon's test). YHS is a genius that scared the 10 families according to Haratcha, he was a very skilled regular, still in the D-rank, he has already demonstrated his abilities several times. The problem for you guys is to think that everyone in high position is an absurd monster, it has been said that the top 300 is special. I base DC are around the top 500 so YHS fought a lot of them, winning, struggling or almost dying for them, it shows that their strength is around that level, obviously with level differences.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I think the SIU no longer intends to show Baam doing tests, at least not the normal ones. If he wants to say something about the tests, it will probably be focused on other regulars (unfortunately it seems to be Wangnan's shit). It's been a while since we've seen Baam rise, we just know it does and there's no sense in showing us that

HakunaMatata

Reaction score
Country
France
"I was born in one of the branches of the 10 GF"

I mean... come on SIU lmao
Is a fodder's family's name too much to ask ? ^^'

Wha

Reaction score
Country
Austria
My guess is based on YHS itself. It's been said by SIU that his strength is in the top 500, I'm not saying it, it's the author himself. Until he says otherwise, that's a fact.

At no point did I say that YHS was as strong as Yuri. First, top 500 is where it stacks up against other rankers. Second, Yuri's position had already gone up when she got 2 out of 13 months, we just don't know how much. And let's face it, everyone here is well aware that Yuri's strength is far greater than her rating from the beginning of the series. You know letting Ren act was totally part of his plan to capture Baam, right?

Oh, unless you can invade the place where the heart is or break spells, Karaka is immortal, so he can try to do as much damage as possible on a battlefield without worrying.

It doesn't make any sense for you to compare him to Baam. Viole will reach the top 20 before becoming a ranker (we all know he will fight in Arie Hon's test). YHS is a genius that scared the 10 families according to Haratcha, he was a very skilled regular, still in the D-rank, he has already demonstrated his abilities several times. The problem for you guys is to think that everyone in high position is an absurd monster, it has been said that the top 300 is special. I base DC are around the top 500 so YHS fought a lot of them, winning, struggling or almost dying for them, it shows that their strength is around that level, obviously with level differences.
When did he say that? Could you give me the link, please? If he did say so at the time he draw the cheonhee fight, i stand corrected and only ask myself why he did not show it to us. If not, my argument stil stands.

I never said you said so. And my comparision with Bam was that they can't be compared, so either you don't understand me, or you are drawing circles on purpose.
But all the points have already been adressed (some of them several times) by you and me and we still disagree.
So let's keep it at that.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is Yas a fisherman or scout?

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
When did he say that? Could you give me the link, please? If he did say so at the time he draw the cheonhee fight, i stand corrected and only ask myself why he did not show it to us. If not, my argument stil stands.
It was said on hims blog, the reference is on the wiki, but the link seems to be broken. You can search here on the forum, there is a post with various information that SIU gave externally.

I didn't understand what you meant by the time he said it or the question of showing us. The following was said: If YHS hadn't been playing on EVK's floor, it would be a high-ranker and would be around the same rank as Yuri. That if I'm not mistaken was said even in the first season, but I can't tell you for sure.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Same way Bam climbed after the last station raid which effectively made Bam an outlaw. The last station raid and butchering was an order that Zahard gave not any tom dick or harry, Bam survived became outlaw trained under Evankhell who probably got into the Most wanted list by the end of S2 and still managed to climb floors.
the whole "how will he climb?" is a question that SIU basically stopped bothering long back. SIUs answer probably would amount to " he just does" in a more elaborate and fancy way.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Yeah, at this point there is no question that bam would be easily able to pass tests. Even on his own. Remember how up to now rankers have been seen as a normally unbreachable wall for regulars? Welp, that's what bam is to regulars now. Bam taking tests nowadays:

Test administrator: Hello everyone! I am your ranker test administrator.
Bam: Wait, excuse me sir. Before you go on with that speech I've heard 58 times by now I have something important to say.
Test administrator: Fuck, regulars nowadays are so uppity. Shut up or I will fail you immediately.
Bam: releases a tiny bit of power
Test Administrator: The actual fuck!?
Bam: I think we can both agree I already passed this test and can move on to the next floor.
Test Administrator: But.. but..
Bam: I am in a hurry and can pee bigger bangs than your maximum shinsoo control. I WILL kill you.
Test Administrator: Right this way sir. Would you like some refreshments before you get teleported to the next floor? Our food and refreshment budget can pretty much accommodate anything since some asshole in the lower floors stopped eating 50 chickens a day.
Floor administrator: *looking sternly at bam* Dude, you have to be cooler than this. Come on.

Reactions: Wha

Max12

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
but you are right.

• SIU also stated if Yu Han Sung didn't mess around on Evankhell's Floor, his rank would have been similar to Ha Yuri Zahard, who is a top 500 High Ranker.[22] This statement might explain Yu Han Sung's action of rejecting High Ranker position; he was avoiding to be promoted to High Ranker by playing and messing around.

In 2010

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
i m pretty sure SIU will say something like: Bam take the actual Admin tests and the Admins somehow take it themselves rather than involving zahard approved floor rulers. In that way Bam can hone his skills better and climb up anonymously...
or something like that

Reactions: Wha

Consul N

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
"I was born in one of the branches of the 10 GF"

I mean... come on SIU lmao
Is a fodder's family's name too much to ask ? ^^'
Yeah, it's getting kinda ridiculous. I know he has to save some mystery for the story, but sometimes i feel like he plays things to close to the chest.

Last edited:

Orbs2op

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
There is ass tons of rare weapons and powers in the tower, you guys just want bam friends to be irrelevant what makes them so undeserving haven't seen a logical argument, just to praise bam only, personally I don't care cause bam is asspull himself but since he is an irregular it's ok but it's not really, hey red t just went to him, he got the orb, he got the souls, all of his powers compliment him perfectly and can be chained together, it's fiction sometimes you guys seem desperate to hate on tog.

I predicted soon as bam got transformation knew the admins were gonna be let loose to support and protect him, talking about complementing powers, eob was made specifically for kallavan to be relevant character that a random ass power out of nowhere.

Powers and items with sentience behave the same in fantasy, their always seeking someone with unique traits mainly talent and outlook, the strength of the the person is irrelevant cause they can make their owner stronger anyways, white has given hastu tips so he see his talent, why wouldn't a sentient sword be able to sense hatsu potential or just his personality, it can easily repel him or people stronger if it wanted, this is normal stuff in fantasy.(assuming hatsu sword has sentience of course, maybe on the same level of the thorns).

the main character doesn't have to get every single power that shows up, that why I'm not a fan of bam get eob hype, why? when the thorns+admins crushes it, it's just a cheap power boost to rush the story, which is why I highly doubt bam gets eob, it's powerful and looks cool but it's basic compared to red t and blue t, other than the two thorn pieces, Bam doesn't need new powers.

Last edited:

Will19

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Depends. Do you think that data maschenny was a clown for challenging Data Z? She knew that she was inferior, yet she wanted to try. Does this make her a clown? I think she is a battle maniac, not a clown.

I don't remember Maschenny ever thinking she was going to win, I don't know enough about Maschenny to know her motives so I can't judge her but if she just wants to be fodderized then her wanting an all out war is perfect.

I am also bothered by the fact that SIU seems to want to keep hi cards close to his chest, what is the reason that we don't know Yama's father name? how come Yaratcha's not mentioned his name? to me it seems unnecessary.

I want to bring up something about Cha but does anyone remember when SIU stated that Lero-ro's moles are because he underwent a special admin test that made him a jeonsula? I think that Cha's face tattoo is because of something similar, it may give him a special quality of shinsu like Lero-ro.