Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 521 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 22 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 521 Spoilers & Discussion

Jyu viole grace

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
English translated chapter------

O_n_Sly

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
The fact that Kallavan spent a few seconds dodging instead of just tanking it like he does 90% of the time meant the spear was significant.

It's been said that Kallavan doesn't move unless he senses that an attack can hurt him.

I'd wait till they start fighting seriously before making any conclusions.
Kallavan has no battle intel on him and used that time to analyze Ryb’s attack. He had no idea Ryb was a spear bearer! Kallavan smiles (for the 1st time I believe) after tanking Ryb’s weak uppercut!

I guess Kallavan exposed a weakness (true lightning spearbearers)!

PlotArmouredTitan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Kallavan has no battle intel on him and used that time to analyze Ryb’s attack. He had no idea Ryb was a spear bearer! Kallavan smiles (for the 1st time I believe) after tanking Ryb’s weak uppercut!

I guess Kallavan exposed a weakness (true lightning spearbearers)!
Yeah, he didn't have Intel on Lyb, but the same can be said for Meyer and Candidy. Yet Kallavan bulldozed through her attacks and had zero reaction to Meyer. But when it came to Lybs homing spear, he started to evade. That should at least prove that Lyb isn't a pushover. As for who is stronger, only time will tell.

Also, I don't think the main purpose of lightning in spears is for electrocution but for increasing the penetrating power of the spear. That's why Kall caught it instead of tanking it. I don't remember anyone in the series getting shocked from the use of lightning shinsu.

Bane-4U

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Kalla vs Lybo is only getting started. Lybo acknowledged Kalla as CC tier first but his overall output has been lacklustre despite this, and Kalla had the mistake of presuming Lybo wasn't CC tier.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, he didn't have Intel on Lyb, but the same can be said for Meyer and Candidy. Yet Kallavan bulldozed through her attacks and had zero reaction to Meyer. But when it came to Lybs homing spear, he started to evade. That should at least prove that Lyb isn't a pushover. As for who is stronger, only time will tell.

Also, I don't think the main purpose of lightning in spears is for electrocution but for increasing the penetrating power of the spear. That's why Kall caught it instead of tanking it. I don't remember anyone in the series getting shocked from the use of lightning shinsu.
Kallavan determined that Mayer and Candidi were weak right off the bat and charged in lol! He also tanked Ryb’s 2nd attack! Lol I recall Mas shocking JH with her spear at the last station!

Cinera

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I don't remember anyone in the series getting shocked from the use of lightning shinsu.
Jinsung questioned if Maschenny was trying to electrocute him:

Maschenny later electrocuted Jinsung until he passed out:

Nantona was also electrocuted when Asensio slammed her with his technique:

Last edited:

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Appreciate the assistance there @Cinera. Again I repeat Ryb ain’t shit, his spear/weapon inventory ain’t shit, and his electric shinsu ain’t shit!

Cinera

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Appreciate the assistance there @Cinera. Again I repeat Ryb ain’t shit, his spear/weapon inventory ain’t shit, and his electric shinsu ain’t shit!
I think it's a no brainer at this point that someone like Asensio (a "Spear Master") is stronger than him. At least as long as Lyborick continues to fight as a Spear Bearer.

Unlike Lyborick, he doesn't need to inject lightning shinsu into a spear in order to utilise the Lightning Spear technique.

See this crude attack for example:

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kallavan said that Ryb is better than an average lightning spear bearer but also mentioned how he has not come across many lightning spearbearers! Because lightning spear bearers are rare! So there are no average LSPBs, Kallavan was insulting Ryb’s abilities here lol!

PlotArmouredTitan

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Kallavan determined that Mayer and Candidi were weak right off the bat and charged in lol! He also tanked Ryb’s 2nd attack! Lol I recall Mas shocking JH with her spear at the last station!
Kallavan thought Lyb was weak too. At no point in the story has Kallavan ever needed to evade right off the bat to analyze anybody's strength. He can tell to an extent when an attack should be avoided. He also thought Baam was weak, but Baam pointed out that Kall only reacted when he used shinwonryu.

You're right about Mas shocking JH, but many of her spears, even the final one that impaled him, didn't have the same effect. The reason must be because JH was already weakened severely. I still believe the primary use of lightning shinsu is for penetration power and electrocution is secondary.

Kallavan evading an attack and Lyb blocking his punch confirms that Lyb isn't weak.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kallavan thought Lyb was weak too. At no point in the story has Kallavan ever needed to evade right off the bat to analyze anybody's strength. He can tell to an extent when an attack should be avoided. He also thought Baam was weak, but Baam pointed out that Kall only reacted when he used shinwonryu.

You're right about Mas shocking JH, but many of her spears, even the final one that impaled him, didn't have the same effect. The reason must be because JH was already weakened severely. I still believe the primary use of lightning shinsu is for penetration power and electrocution is secondary.

Kallavan evading an attack and Lyb blocking his punch confirms that Lyb isn't weak.
Not sure how Ryb was able to catch Kallavan’s shinsu arm but I believe it was an item! Those orange rings are not Kallavan’s power! SIU is forcing this sleight of hand skill!!!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ryb’s insecurities def came out this chapter. It was indeed his connections that got him to where he is now!

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Bro, like jinsung said, the real Ha family real treat is they ar technician, they fight with technic along with their body, but new kids of Ha family keep ignore the technic and make themselves like a sack bag, thus making people thought ha family only good for their hard body

Ehem dont forget that we already saw Enryu
We don't know if Enryuu still has his powers after giving them away.

Cinera

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
You're right about Mas shocking JH, but many of her spears, even the final one that impaled him, didn't have the same effect. The reason must be because JH was already weakened severely.
The final one that impaled him is the Spear that electrocuted him.

Asensio also electrocuted Nanatona.

I still believe the primary use of lightning shinsu is for penetration power and electrocution is secondary.
Wrong. Upon seeing Maschenny form a Lightning Spear, Jinsung's first reaction was to question if she was trying to electrocute him:

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Headcanon. Nothing in the manhwa has implied he gave his powers away, only that he delivered the thorn for the outside God.
I didn't say it was the fact, I said we couldn't count on him still having it. Ofc that's just a possibility, just as the other way also is.

The Thorn is Enryu's power. The Yeon dude who crafted the Hammer became powerless. There is a possibility that Enryu disappeared because he left the Tower again after leaving his powers crystalized into the Thorn. We don't know. That's the point.

Consul N

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I didn't say it was the fact, I said we couldn't count on him still having it. Ofc that's just a possibility, just as the other way also is.

The Thorn is Enryu's power. The Yeon dude who crafted the Hammer became powerless. There is a possibility that Enryu disappeared because he left the Tower again after leaving his powers crystalized into the Thorn. We don't know. That's the point.
Doesn't change what i said.

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
And then lyb say: you right company co. Kallavan
But the thing is... im a PB fighter
Im just frustrating with my dad edhan.

PlotArmouredTitan

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
The final one that impaled him is the Spear that electrocuted him.
I was talking about the final spear in his fight against Kallavan.

check s3ep332.

Wrong. Upon seeing Maschenny form a Lightning Spear, Jinsung's first reaction was to question if she was trying to electrocute him:
Still not convincing enough for me

EternalWinter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Remember that demon approached hoaquin, i know that some people in the Arie family use spells but maybe that same demon approached other members of the Arie family and not just hoaquin.
Except no, Vincente found the spellbook to summon the demon

Orbs2op

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica

That kinda convenient but there has been couple character that turn into or transfer their powers to items, but that too simple it would make sense if the thorn itself is enryu, but most likely he just delivered an the thorn and teleported away waiting for bam on a higher floor beyond zahard.

Cinera

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

SIU said that Enryu is too OP so he's being reserved for now, and he'll show up later. Considering that SIU has no reservations showing off Urek, Thornless Enryu may still be stronger than him.

I was talking about the final spear in his fight against Kallavan.
Maschenny wanted to capture Jinsung alive. She did the minimum damage to him that she felt was necessary. She thought that strike would be enough to KO him, but she underestimated his resilience.

Still not convincing enough for me
Jinsung's opinion > your headcanon.