Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 572 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 45 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 572 Spoilers & Discussion

Jubei_Kibagami

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Put another way - if Rei was monitoring the traitor (singular), then he'd be monitoring who the traitor was talking to. And he'd need to send BH's to go scoop all them up - 2 friends and a traitor (Obviously the Rev LPB). 2 BH's - in the same shot - will be going to where the traitor is - which is proximal to TWO of the group's friends, HJ and Cha.

The rest of the posse was already in the hotel. No need to grab them. He thought he'd shut down the exit door, personally.

Yelnats

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
See the bold part? That's speculation - by Workshop, Karaka, and you.
It seems you still don't understand about my intention, that is why you keep bringing this up. I already ask you to reread it, remember?
Reread my post, it has beed edited.
This was the edit:
If you don't consider it invalidating, then consider it as completing
I didn't not claim you were wrong, I just claimed that it is incomplete. There are a lot of information from what Karaka thought was the case, one of them is that only irregular can use the thorn. I wanted to pointed out that this one is confirmed by SIU. I didn't mean to deny that it was Karaka's thought or workshop's theory. Now move on from this.
Only you don't know that. The Thorn could be integral in overcoming the King contract for all you know, which only Baam can levy via the Thorn.
King's contract is a contract with administrator. Irregulars are free from contracts, so they don't need to use the thorn to nullify the contract (as long as they don't bind themselves to the contract such as signing it).

Why does Zahard need a King contract when he is ALREADY IMMORTAL AND INVULNERABLE TO ALL IN THE TOWER (to include his irregular 10FHs)?
It clearly gives many benefit. One them is he can establish test system. I guess it also give him much privilage that is useful to run the empire.

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Levi PU is a literal manisfestation of a FH memories and emotions vs White PU is from at best a High Ranker that got wrecked by a Zahard Princess. There is no way the White PU is stronger.
I'm going to devil's advocate here and argue on his behalf - Baam only has nominal, fractional usage of Levi. If he has more of a complete access to the White PU, then it's theoretically possible he's right - for now.

Yelnats

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
And, you haven't explained why Gustang cannot use the Thorn for purposes other than killing Zahard.
What purpose is the Thorn for Gustang? Even if he can use the thorn, he cannot use it to kill Zahard or other FH as he signed the contract. So better give it to Baam.

Headlights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, the friends (plural) that are working with... the traitor. Those friends. The ones that left the hotel early by sneaking out. THOSE were the ones that Rei was talking about.
JH is not Khun's friend, and Cha is at most, an acquaintance. You must have pulled a muscle with that stretch.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

What purpose is the Thorn for Gustang? Even if he can use the thorn, he cannot use it to kill Zahard or other FH as he signed the contract. So better give it to Baam.
I think Gustang won't use the thorn because it might break some of his spells.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I'm going to devil's advocate here and argue on his behalf - Baam only has nominal, fractional usage of Levi. If he has more of a complete access to the White PU, then it's theoretically possible he's right - for now.
Baam has full access to Levi but only brings out a fraction of it because Levi is something "he must not let out" less some cataclysmic event befalls the whole tower.

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
King's contract is a contract with administrator. Irregulars are free from contracts, so they don't need to use the thorn to nullify the contract (as long as they don't bind themselves to the contract such as signing it).

It clearly gives many benefit. One them is he can establish test system. I guess it also give him much privilage that is useful to run the empire.
You're glossing over the actual question - WHY does he need one that keeps him immortal if it is seemingly redundant? Why the notice by SIU that is the function of the king's contract? Seemingly just immortality upon immortality that he already had from 100F. Why? Your response is 'dat bureaucracy tho' - no. The function explicitly mentioned was to keep him immune from attack.

Btw, Baam has been systematically binding himself - "shackles" - on every floor. Do you know how much that will limit him? Nope. Do you know how the Thorn affects that? Nope.

Can Gustang use the Thorn - in ANY function? That is the question.

It's immensely powerful, why wouldn't he want to have it? He's going to war against other FHs after all.

Yelnats

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
You're glossing over the actual question - WHY does he need one that keeps him immortal if it is seemingly redundant? Why the notice by SIU that is the function of the king's contract? Seemingly just immortality upon immortality that he already had from 100F. Why? Your response is 'dat bureaucracy tho' - no. The function explicitly mentioned was to keep him immune from attack.
King's contract do not contain immortality. I already explained it last month.

Btw, Baam has been systematically binding himself - "shackles" - on every floor. Do you know how much that will limit him? Nope. Do you know how the Thorn affects that? Nope.
No, he didn't. He sign a shinsu contract that give him shinsu from admin. He also has the ability to draw shinsu not from admin. The one that is limited is the one from admin.

It's immensely powerful, why wouldn't he want to have it? He's going to war against other FHs after all.
And what change? He still cannot use it to kill FH. He is already too strong for towerborn.

Last edited:

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
JH is not Khun's friend, and Cha is at most, an acquaintance. You must have pulled a muscle with that stretch.
Ah, the inevitable reach to abuse semantics. Yet, again, where are the BHs near the portal? Why would Rei need to send BH's storming into a hotel he controls a room away (so he thought)? Where are they? Why the long dispatch time? Why would he think he needs to stop them from reaching the portal, personally?

Beyond clearly Rei is lumping anyone opposing him into a group of 'friends' or acquaintances, etc - and that includes the same HJ that he used once as bait for Baam.

Obviously, a 2 vs 2 battle is about to ensue. I'll tag you Sunday lol.

Baam has full access to Levi but only brings out a fraction of it because Levi is something "he must not let out" less some cataclysmic event befalls the whole tower.
Or, put another way, can't access the full power. As I stated.

King's contract do not contain immortality. I already explained it last month.

Wangnan specifically talks about the king contract doing just that. HWR agrees.

No, he didn't. He sign a shinsu contract that give him shinsu from admin. He also has the ability to draw shinsu not from admin. The one that is limited is the one from admin.
The admin POINTEDLY told him that's what he's doing with the shinsoo contract. So, you're wrong. And, he'd have to do that on every floor he went to after 2F with yet another shinsoo contract, which presumably he did.

The admin was saying he ALREADY had the ability to use shinsoo, and shinsoo contracts are just that, "shackles." Unless Baam hasn't made a single shinsoo contract since then...

And what change? He still cannot use it to kill FH. He is already too strong for towerborn.
Yeah, FH's don't like to collect OP weapons at all. Good point!

OK, so he can use it. But just not to kill Zahard. Then why does he need to see Baam ignite it? What functions does it do for Gustang, as an irregular? He held a lightsaber, but never pushed the 'on' button?

Admin says "for YOU... this [contract] is not a strength, it is shackles" (and then the contract is executed) @Yelnats

Yes, indeed, Baam has been "shackling" himself with every shinsoo contract he signs. Which is - hmmm, what I said.

You're just being contrarian for no reason whatsoever.

Headlights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ah, the inevitable reach to abuse semantics. Yet, again, where are the BHs near the portal? Why would Rei need to send BH's storming into a hotel he controls a room away (so he thought)? Where are they? Why the long dispatch time? Why would he think he needs to stop them from reaching the portal, personally?

Beyond clearly Rei is lumping anyone opposing him into a group of 'friends' or acquaintances, etc - and that includes the same HJ that he used once as bait for Baam.

Obviously, a 2 vs 2 battle is about to ensue. I'll tag you Sunday lol.

Or, put another way, can't access the full power. As I stated.
Now who is "abusing semantics?" The 2 BH don't have to be near the portal in the hotel because Rei was right there. They are probably at the other end of the portal waiting for the exit of the regulars. Why would Rei assume that Khun would be friends with 2 very ancient high rankers? That makes no f--king sense what so ever. Especially since one of those "friends" is JH, who hates all the great families? Rei anticipated that Khun might be playing a trick on him and in the event that Khun's ACTUAL REGULAR friends escaped through the portal.....Boom...BH ready to pounce.

Can't access is not the same unable to access. I am sure Baam would use Levi before he used any of the souls that he took from White in the nest. Taking on 2 BH would require use of Levi. In which he will proceed in face rolling and then Rei will demonstrate his spatial warp capabilities. Like Gustang and Urek.

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Gustang won't use the thorn because it might break some of his spells.
A fair answer to the question posed.

So, using the Thorn automatically nullifies all spells? What, in the vicinity? There is no cap or control on this function?

Curious how you think this plays out.

Yelnats

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Wangnan specifically talks about the king contract doing just that. HWR agrees.
You actually accept Wangnan's shallow knowledge as truth? The history known to towerborn is fabricated, even Hwaryun is suspectible as it is a matter concerning irregular. Furthermore, in that conversation, they also talked that irregular can bypass that contract which is contradicting your claim. The real history was later revealed from Arlene's pocket, the immortality actually comes from separate contract.
The admin was saying he ALREADY had the ability to use shinsoo
Nope, you are wrong, reread Season 1 Episode 29.
The admin POINTEDLY told him that's what he's doing with the shinsoo contract. So, you're wrong. And, he'd have to do that on every floor he went to after 2F with yet another shinsoo contract, which presumably he did.
Note that admin said "climber of the tower", so it wasn't specific to irregular, this shackle also apply to towerborn. Just because Baam is shackled in terms of shinsu from admin doesn't mean he is shackled in terms of shinsu he can get by himself. Being an irregular is like having your own power generator, you can buy electricity from power company via contract but you can also generate your own electricity.
Yeah, FH's don't like to collect OP weapons at all. Good point!
Gustang is smart, he know the Thorn would be better in Baam than himself.

Admin says "for YOU... this [contract] is not a strength, it is shackles" (and then the contract is executed) @Yelnats

Yes, indeed, Baam has been "shackling" himself with every shinsoo contract he signs. Which is - hmmm, what I said.
Leaving out the part that contradict your claim. Very convenient. Just like the conversation between Wangnan and Hwaryun that you only take partially.

Headlights

Reaction score
Country
United States
A fair answer to the question posed.

So, using the Thorn automatically nullifies all spells? What, in the vicinity? There is no cap or control on this function?

Curious how you think this plays out.
another theory I have on why Gustang doesn't use the thorns is because he gave one to FUG long before Zahard issued the 3 orders during the Hell Train Arc. Gustang was already prepping for war and was going to use FUG as a proxy.. It could also tie in to Arlene and whatever "prophecy" about Enryu and "the child"(Din Grogu) Garam and the denizens of the floor of death talk about. Or he could just be that much of a baller and pull out a whole pack of cigs and call it a day.

I think the most logical explaination though is that it is harder to fight many enemies than it is to fight one. Giving the thorns out enured that weapons that are capable of killing things like admins and immortals were in the hands of different enemies of Zahard so that he would have to fight on muliple fronts and stretch his resources and those of his allies(Chadavan corps and Lo Po Bia are perfect examples)

The admin was saying he ALREADY had the ability to use shinsoo, and shinsoo contracts are just that, "shackles." Unless Baam hasn't made a single shinsoo contract since then...
The Admin said "You..................You look tasty"

and Baam said "Yeah been getting that a lot recently, my Eel Bowls bring all the bois to the yard, and they're like, wanna kill Zahard? Damn right, wanna kill Zahard, I'll kill everyone but not Yuri Zahard...."

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Now who is "abusing semantics?" The 2 BH don't have to be near the portal in the hotel because Rei was right there. They are probably at the other end of the portal waiting for the exit of the regulars. Why would Rei assume that Khun would be friends with 2 very ancient high rankers? That makes no f--king sense what so ever. Especially since one of those "friends" is JH, who hates all the great families? Rei anticipated that Khun might be playing a trick on him and in the event that Khun's ACTUAL REGULAR friends escaped through the portal.....Boom...BH ready to pounce.
So, putting aside the beyond clearly implied 2 vs 2 battle of HRs that would make infinitely more sense from SIU's standard playbook of facing them against each other, let me get this straight:

- Rei dispatched the BHs ahead of time, before/during the game, to go capture Baam... right outside his room lol (there has been no change of orders to instead stop coming after Baam to instead go to the portal exit... Baam wasn't at the exit, he was in the room!)
- The BH's, from central HQ, somehow have not made their way to the portal room all this time... because dugong traffic?
- Rei dispatched them to chase Baam & Co, and yet he is "right there" implying "they don't have to be near the portal" (your words) - which is it, that they were sent to chase Baam or that they aren't needed where Baam is? lol
- Rei also knows where the portal was set to (possible, but this hasn't exactly been his strong suit historically, having people warp away over and over), which is needed for:
- The BHs, instead of seeking Baam and Co BEFORE they can teleport away, instead for some ridiculous roundabout 'Bond Villain'-esque sense of needless drama, go to the portal destination instead to 'capture' them outside the ship and the closed portal. Oh, wait, they were sent to collect Baam who wasn't supposed to be using the portal because Rei went to cut him off... hmm. No, wait, I got it - Rei sent them to 'chase Baam' by waiting at a location Baam shouldn't have been able to access in the first place (that Rei thought to stop him from reaching) which requires no active chasing. Yeah!
- Rei is somehow unaware - as you'd have me believe - that AA, clearly working with Baam, isn't in the same posse (having probably seen the tapes at the wall of the Nest by now), that has Baam working with said ancient rankers, who Rei has had under surveillance this whole time. He can't put two and two together that they are all working together, as they have been for many floors now, but he's some chess prodigy and leet strategist? AA is friends with Baam who is friends with HJ, but AA can't be tied to HJ? Seems legit!
- Rei, who keeps focusing on knowing of the singular traitor, is somehow NOT interested in those who have been meeting/networking with said traitor, and snuck out of his hotel (against the rules) - the only thing actually warranting sending someone to go capture them AND THE TRAITOR who are both in the same vicinity. Nah, those two aren't persons of interest, free to go!

So, if the BH's are after Baam, who is going after the traitor, in another location? And on top of that Rei let HJ and Cha escape while specifically watching them (and repeatedly referencing the traitor the traitor the traitor) leave his hotel to meet with his traitor that's under heavy scrutiny?

OR, let's boil this down to it's simplest form: did Rei think Baam was going to get through the portal or not? If yes, then why did he think he'd stop him in the adjacent room, not needing any BH (curiously absent) at all? If not, why would 2 BHs be waiting on the other side where he never thought he'd get to?

EternalWinter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not...really? It's still just him and a bunch of Regulars. Replace them with anyone else and the overall power dynamic doesn't change much.

Like, it doesn't matter much whether the supplementary members can hit damage in the thousands or ten thousands when the main guy can casually dish out millions.
They’re not normal regulars. None of them🙃

The chances of Aria getting out of the Poe Bidau mothership and following Baam in the next arcs aren't that high imo, for Vicente, i don't think he will work together with Baam often and i doubt Baam trusts him enough to keep him around. So while they could be part of his team, for now i would keep their "member status" on hold.
I don't even think Baam has a proper team as of now, aside from Khun, Rak, Hwaryun. Maybe Cha, Hockney, Elaine qualify.

Teem Leeso, Ran and SnS are different imo, even if Endorsi or Ehwa for example could join the group under certain circumstances.
Dowon is also a question mark
Vincente said he will owe a life debt to Baam. I think he’ll stay. But I guess we’ll see

Headlights

Reaction score
Country
United States
tl:dr
but it is silly to think that Rei, apparently a better tactician than Gustang(certainly better than Khun) would send 2 of his remaining branch heads to *checks notes* capture a traitor and 2 very super powerful high rankers that he really doesn't care about(traitor included so lets say 3 high rankers) OR...now here me out... OR send the 2 BH to capture the hEiR hE cHoSe tO tAkE oVeR his whole entire family? He knew Khun would stall for time so he worded it that in the event that Khun's scheme worked he had a back up to his back up. Lo(Po Bia) and behold while he stepped out expecting to see Baam, Khun planned, and Rei laughed(not really though) and told khun he was going after his friends. the way i see Lo Po Bias portals working is that there are TWO of them. since the 2 BH were shown to be riding their Shinheuh, clearly the other portal is outside.

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
You actually accept Wangnan's shallow knowledge as truth? The history known to towerborn is fabricated, even Hwaryun is suspectible as it is a matter concerning irregular.
HWR networks with Luslec who would know better, is a guide that's never been wrong, and does in fact know what she's talking about. She was even impressed that Wangnan knew as much.

Furthermore, in that conversation, they also talked that irregular can bypass that contract which is contradicting your claim.
WHICH CONTRACT? Oh, the king contract. Yeah, that is my claim. Please explain how I'm somehow contradicted here.

The real history was later revealed from Arlene's pocket, the immortality actually comes from separate contract.
Funnily enough, the other FH's don't have the king contract. SIU says that Zahard received his kingship from an admin contract, the same contract discussed by Wangnan. BOTH can offer immortality. Only one offers kingship. Which really is mostly useless if you are already the strongest being in the tower that cannot be killed. It simply put it to paper. He already could enforce himself as king to anyone and everyone. Even White had multiple kingdoms. It was mostly ceremonial at that point.

Nope, you are wrong, reread Season 1 Episode 29.
Literally the chapter I *just* posted that shows that's exactly what was being communicated? Wow.

Note that admin said "climber of the tower", so it wasn't specific to irregular, this shackle also apply to towerborn.
Holy shit. Dude. The admin JUST looked into Baam and could tell what he was (an irregular, obviously) - and was visually shocked. Are you seriously telling me that the admin cannot tell that Baam is an irregular? Are you willing to go that far just to be contrarian? He was saying for YOU, this is unnecessary. For Towerborn, it is only helpful, for irregulars it is not. holy shit holy shit, how hard is this to understand?

Just because Baam is shackled in terms of shinsu from admin doesn't mean he is shackled in terms of shinsu he can get by himself. Being an irregular is like having your own power generator, you can buy electricity from power company via contract but you can also generate your own electricity.
Ah. You don't know what an irregular is. Now I understand. lol, go back to chapter 1.

Irregulars ALREADY have the ability to control shinsoo in the environment - no contract needed. ALL the shinsoo around Baam on any floor is under control of the admin. If Baam is shackled from all that shinsoo, he is severely limiting himself.

Let's get back to what I said - I said that Baam is shackling himself, you said he isn't. I posted the chapter where an admin says exactly that, and you move the goalposts (again). 'So what if he's shackling himself...' lol, OK.

Gustang is smart, he know the Thorn would be better in Baam than himself.
So you concede he could use it, albeit with unknow effects?

Headlights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Holy shit. Dude. The admin JUST looked into Baam and could tell what he was (an irregular, obviously) - and was visually shocked. Are you seriously telling me that the admin cannot tell that Baam is an irregular? Are you willing to go that far just to be contrarian? He was saying for YOU, this is unnecessary. For Towerborn, it is only helpful, for irregulars it is not. holy shit holy shit, how hard is this to understand?
You......You look tasty is code for "Oh My goodness, you are an irregular! what are you doing here get off my lawn?"

Have we had anymore interactions with admins since? I think I remember a brief one in second season but I could just be mistaken.

Baam could control Shinsu in the floor of death when Urek could not. Urek is an Irregular with far more power than Baam(not potential obviously) so there is that.

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
We both know you read it ;)

but it is silly to think that Rei, apparently a better tactician than Gustang(certainly better than Khun)
The same Rei that got outplayed in the WW flashback and again under his nose with the last time towerborn fucked with a teleporter? The same Rei that keeps getting outplayed by HJ throwing a wrench in his plans? The same Rei that had to do a shitty rush job at the Nest because Gustang moved when he didn't expect him to? Nah.

And, let's be clear, a better chess player (maybe - or maybe Gustang didn't want to play with him at all). On the spectrum maybe - he keeps missing the forest for the trees. AA certainly fooled him, even though he 'won' the chess match. Rei is a hero strategist in his own mind.

would send 2 of his remaining branch heads to *checks notes* capture a traitor
Ummm, but he SAID they were sent to capture the traitor - who can't be in two places at the same time (Shroedinger's Traitor!). So, they're AT LEAST going after the traitor - who remains outside the hotel at an entirely different location.

and 2 very super powerful high rankers that he really doesn't care about(traitor includedso lets say 3 high rankers)
He cares about the traitor - it's a family matter he brags about knowing about (kind of the whole point about getting the traitor really). He cares about who the traitor is networking with hence wanting to see what the traitor's moves are. He's not just going to let the facilitators go free and clear. Regardless, his goal was the traitor by his own admission.

OR...now here me out... OR send the 2 BH to capture the hEiR hE cHoSe tO tAkE oVeR his whole entire family?
Then WHERE ARE THEY? The hotel is locked down - they are totally unnecessary in the adjacent room, and Baam was never thought to be able to even escape due to Rei thinking he still had time. How could they be capturing Baam somewhere Baam wasn't and wasn't thought to be??

He knew Khun would stall for time so he worded it that in the event that Khun's scheme worked he had a back up to his back up.
Stalling for time is one thing - finishing before the buzzer is another. He thought he still had time, and moved swiftly for that very reason. The first time we've seen a brotha walk.

Lo(Po Bia) and behold while he stepped out expecting to see Baam, Khun planned, and Rei laughed(not really though) and told khun he was going after his friends. the way i see Lo Po Bias portals working is that there are TWO of them. since the 2 BH were shown to be riding their Shinheuh, clearly the other portal is outside.
So, Rei LET Baam escape is your theory? Just to capture him... again? Like, on purpose? Wouldn't it have been more dramatic and harrowing for Khun to see Baam not even get through the portal - not to mention less risky? He expected Khun to see sad face Baam.

Rei was visually confused that no one was there. This wasn't a part of his plan.

You......You look tasty is code for "Oh My goodness, you are an irregular! what are you doing here get off my lawn?"

Have we had anymore interactions with admins since? I think I remember a brief one in second season but I could just be mistaken.

Baam could control Shinsu in the floor of death when Urek could not. Urek is an Irregular with far more power than Baam(not potential obviously) so there is that.
I mean... ofc the admin knew exactly what Baam was and was giving him a warning specifically tailored for what he is, an irregular. That anyone can argue anything otherwise is absurd.

No, no good interactions like 2F. One guy got obliterated, but no real 'interaction' as in dialogue. Which sucks because they are badass visually, and I want to know if Baam has kept on shackling up each floor. If he's smart he stops at 2F. I think I read Zahard contracted with every floor, so the original irregulars were probably all shackled up. I don't think that warning was just for shits and giggles, I think it will have an important impact on the story.

As far as FOD - everyone is an irregular on FOD. It's just so shinsoo light. Was it not the Thorn effectively giving Baam control? The same Thorn that AA deduced was god-like (ahem, admin powers)? Something that would conceivably be able to nullify any admin contracts, if not admin themselves (a la Enryu did).

Headlights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Rei was visually confused that no one was there. This wasn't a part of his plan.
Yes because Khun's plan worked, or so he thought. are you trying to tell me that Khun gives two f--king frog farts about the fate of JinsungCha and a traitor?
Rei only cares about one thing. Baam. That's it. It used to be Zahard but this whole arc has been about Baam. Rei didn't let Baam go. Baam got away. simple as that.

Rei doesn't give two squatting squirrel shits about JinsunCha either because he has more important things to deal with. Gustang being one of them

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
another theory I have on why Gustang doesn't use the thorns is because he gave one to FUG long before Zahard issued the 3 orders during the Hell Train Arc. Gustang was already prepping for war and was going to use FUG as a proxy.. It could also tie in to Arlene and whatever "prophecy" about Enryu and "the child"(Din Grogu) Garam and the denizens of the floor of death talk about. Or he could just be that much of a baller and pull out a whole pack of cigs and call it a day.

I think the most logical explaination though is that it is harder to fight many enemies than it is to fight one. Giving the thorns out enured that weapons that are capable of killing things like admins and immortals were in the hands of different enemies of Zahard so that he would have to fight on muliple fronts and stretch his resources and those of his allies(Chadavan corps and Lo Po Bia are perfect examples)
Interesting, but I don't know if I agree. The Thorn is too special, particularly if Gustang knows about the prophecy and how it can help his goal (he does). The potential to lose one is too great to just gift it out anywhere. Hence, why he hid his fragment in the spirit waterfall where no one could get to it. It's very special, and he ONLY wants it in Baam's hands. He watched over Thorn 1 to make sure that happened at the workshop games. He personally handed over Thorn 2 to Baam on FoD. If there is a 3 and a 4 rest assured he'll be there feeding them to Baam, or behind the scenes. Baam getting the full Thorn is too central to the plot at large and the prophecy from Gustang's perspective.

Yes because Khun's plan worked, or so he thought. are you trying to tell me that Khun gives two f--king frog farts about the fate of JinsungCha and a traitor?
Rei only cares about one thing. Baam. That's it. It used to be Zahard but this whole arc has been about Baam. Rei didn't let Baam go. Baam got away. simple as that.

Rei doesn't give two squatting squirrel shits about JinsunCha either because he has more important things to deal with. Gustang being one of them
I agree that Rei cares (mostly) about Baam.

However, the subject of the BIG REVEAL is the familial traitor, not Baam. The traitor is who he was having tracked and who he was sending out the units to get. He says that. If the two don't split up they can't possibly get Baam and the traitor at the same place as they aren't at the same place. Unless those two BHs are just representative of a group of BHs, and there are more than 2 heading out. Still, their presence is unnecessary in the hotel.

I mean, are you saying Rei doesn't care about the traitor when he won't shut up about the traitor, and how he's gonna have him arrested?