Hangout Tower of God Hangout & Q/A Thread (Return: May 17)

ivaannom

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Tower of god will return on May 17th(16th for us)! The official translation on webtoon will go with 1 week of delay as always(I'm assuming) so it will come back on may 24th.

Also, TOG will return with 4 chapters(I'm assuming again) so remember to create a new thread for 487, 488 and 489

Last edited:

Senoirmeow

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Also toughen up Siu, "TurtleMe" had a freaking heart attack while you were out and is back at it with weekly releases. Speak your story to your staff... it's a wrist/neck/back problem that can be solved with rest... not therapy of surgery, we mention the rest is the fix... can't be too bad. Cranium rectumitis with some new anime cash flow.
It might’ve been something more serious than SIU lets on. You never know. I’ve heard a few people who called in sick to work for a week or so claiming it was due to back pain - turns out it was severe depression and mania and one ended their own life. Severity of his illness or not, he has his reasons that he might not want to disclose with his fans.

TurtleMe probably came back as a necessity, or because he felt well enough to do so. SIU might still feel rough and he also has the addition of an anime cash flow, since ToG was popular on crunchyroll he might have plenty of money to cover what he would've made publishing the series.
I’ve heard an unreliable rumour on a random forum, but a rumour nonetheless he might be back between May - July.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not sure why you'd jump to that conclusion. I mean, he's been pretty open about what the problem is. He's overworked the arm he draws with. He said he'd try to make his return in 6 months. That was 4 months ago. So we have a little wait yet even if things go well.

Being a manga or manhwa artist is extremely grueling on a weekly schedule. Mentally and physically. So I have absolutely no problem with him taking a year off. In fact I hope it benefits the series in the long run because the recent arcs have seemed a bit rushed. Like he hadn't really thought them all of the way through.

Probably repeating myself here but I feel like if he has trouble working at that pace he should space out his release schedule more. I'd be fine with 1 chapter ever two weeks. If that eased the burden on him a little.

Knowing how he is though, they'd probably end up double sized.:darn

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It's fairly clear that at least since the hidden floor the series has not gone in the direction SIU originally planned. I remember in a blog post he mentioned how he decided to just switch directions and simply get to the point... From doing the actual tests at every level to the zahard stuff. Going forward it's also clear that things started deviating a fair bit from the lore itself. Mainly evidenced by how the lore stuff pertaining to the bayroad and the cage had nothing to do with the lore. If SIU has taken this time to heal his arm and rethink the lore though it'll be good for the story in general.

In a reddit it says SIU's hiatus extension was until june 2021... so perhaps we might get some news soon.

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
All I know is, I predicted SIU would be out for years.

As far back as 2020.

In some ways, I'm years ahead of the game.

:invalid

George RR Martin (Game of Thrones books) and Patrick Rothfuss (Name of the Wind) have also been barred/banned/censored from publishing their normal content. For years.

A few other mangakas like the author of HunterxHunter could qualify as the same.

King Dryst

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
I think it would be best to remain skeptical about this until we've seen some sort of message from SIU confirming a return.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think it would be best to remain skeptical about this until we've seen some sort of message from SIU confirming a return.
They seem pretty confident. I'd imagine they must have pretty firm information. They say summer though which most likely be June or July. Which is actually right in line with that 6 month estimate SIU put out there.

Demonspeed

Lion of the Two Swords
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Yes I am a bit worried about this. I think he'll really return this summer but the fact that he hasn't posted on his blog bothers me.

toil

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the update, and, well, hopefully it's for real and he's doing alright. FWIW, I would honestly be about 90% satisfied if SIU pulled a xenogears on us: a few months of 45 y/o Baam sitting in a chair, narrating what happens in S3, S4, (etc.), a temporary return to conventional form to give us the endgame, finale, and epilogue...and then, uh, "so long, and thanks for all the shinsoo!" .

DERRICK S NIBLACK

Reaction score
Country
United States
I hope for all this waiting we get 2 or 3 new chapters. Give us fans some compansation.

brzytki

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
I think it will be as always after a big break - 1 official chapter and 3 preview ones.

Demonspeed

Lion of the Two Swords
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Tower of god will return on May 17th(16th for us)! The official translation on webtoon will go with 1 week of delay as always(I'm assuming) so it will come back on may 24th.

Also, TOG will return with 4 chapters(I'm assuming again) so remember to create a new thread for 487, 488 and 489

Yes, great news!

Time to reread S3 again I guess.

FoolishWisdom

Reaction score
Country
United States

Hi @ivaannom. Can you link the source for this?

Pbgustang

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Ok. A few days more if the news correct.

ToG aside, is @Vitala coming back too?