Tower of God's Inconsistencies | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Tower of God's Inconsistencies

Jubei_Kibagami

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I still think they are, the thing is we've only seen 2nd and 3rd gen Slayers.

We don't know how powerful the slayers of old were.

The closest comparison we have is Yama and honestly, he's pretty strong and hasn't even reached his max yet.
The problem with Yama being representative of the first gens - already - is that he had pretty much already peaked. Some shenanigans with the fang and such, but against foes where that doesn't matter he's roughly 'just' top100 material. Is that what the old Slayers were then?

OK, so he too can still grow, yet. Only Khel was comparing him now to the old Slayers. He'd have to surpass them. Enter: Acrinak. OK, cool I guess. Only, just like most other things SIU picks up just to put back down again, Yama doesn't even HINT at using Acrinak powers - even at the height of his character arc climax with Yas and so forth. Now, I certainly hope SIU has plans in the future, but it seems he could have given us something with all that hype about baby Yama getting the Acrinak in the FB, then going toe-to-toe with a FH (or at least a FH's summons). Seems to blow right past all the hype and FB relevance, but whatever, #CC things.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Let's just get to the important business. Androssi's bust size. How do they like double in size whenever Baam is in the vicinity?
Simple, she perks up.

The entire timeline on her.

She was the second person to pass Hon's test after Urek.

The test is imposed only when you are a regular.

Urek entered the tower after Phantaminium and at that time Yuri was already a ranker.

Yuri was the first princess in 500 years to receive a 13M and only ranker princesses receive one.
Yeah, I'm going to need a timeline chart or way to visualize this. Also something SIU has been extremely vague about - the whole Tower timeline in general.

Azure🐬

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I'd like this to have been elaborated on:

One word: Fate.
Wasn't this something SIU refused to talk about? Along with the "tower cried on the day Baam was born" thing.... Saying it was too early.

I don't know if it counts as an inconsistency or not. But can SIU stop the over-hyping of characters by other character when ultimately they can't live up to it.
I would rather have zero expectation from the starting than this constant uphills and downhills because when it goes down it goes wayyyyyyy down and turns into a massive disappointment. 🙁
--- Double Post Merged, ---

yeah, I don't think SIU forgot, khun/rak might not get powerup if white disappeared so he changed it
Ik that the powerup itself was questionable.
But what was the use of it other than them flying? Yeah, there was Rak throwing rocks at Levi while seemingly making an effect.
But if it was only about flying, couldn't items have sufficed?
What was the point of making a last minute change for that thing?
I thought, SIU has to make them fight or something, that's why he introduced those stupid powerups.

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The problem with Yama being representative of the first gens - already - is that he had pretty much already peaked. Some shenanigans with the fang and such, but against foes where that doesn't matter he's roughly 'just' top100 material. Is that what the old Slayers were then?

OK, so he too can still grow, yet. Only Khel was comparing him now to the old Slayers. He'd have to surpass them. Enter: Acrinak. OK, cool I guess. Only, just like most other things SIU picks up just to put back down again, Yama doesn't even HINT at using Acrinak powers - even at the height of his character arc climax with Yas and so forth. Now, I certainly hope SIU has plans in the future, but it seems he could have given us something with all that hype about baby Yama getting the Acrinak in the FB, then going toe-to-toe with a FH (or at least a FH's summons). Seems to blow right past all the hype and FB relevance, but whatever, #CC things.
I don't think Yama has reached his maximum.

Khell Hellam's line is similar to Fuscile's line saying that everyone there was above DivCo level.

From the fights, we know that DivCo are in the top 500, being generous at most a top 400. And there were Cha and Dowon who flirt with the top 100 and Karaka who might be a top 300.

What I mean is, Yama already being comparable to the 1st generation in some aspect does not mean that he is a parameter.

We have a Luslec in the top 15 for example.

And anyway, I never expected slayers to be above the top 50.

If the 1st generation were that powerful, they should at least have killed a regent.

BTW, although this could have happened and we just don't know.

And I really think Yama hasn't reached his peak yet, SIU always seems to want to make it clear with that.

First we don't know what the fangs will do to him when he has them all, second that with half full transformation he gave HK a shinheuh that clearly can beat a CC alone and we still have Acrinak.

I think the current Yama can already surpass Khell Hellam and exemplify that gen 1 slayers were really something if that's the case.

Ik that the powerup itself was questionable.
But what was the use of it other than them flying? Yeah, there was Rak throwing rocks at Levi while seemingly making an effect.
But if it was only about flying, couldn't items have sufficed?
What was the point of making a last minute change for that thing?
I thought, SIU has to make them fight or something, that's why he introduced those stupid powerups.
I think this PU with White's flames sucks because it just doesn't make sense.

If SIU showed that Baam was absorbing so fast that a minimal percentage splashed on people nearby I would understand, but it makes no sense Rak and AA get something and Aria doesn't.

And anyway, I can't see big changes in this PU, I don't think they've become rankers for example.

AA doesn't fly like rankers, he seems to wear something similar to White back in the day, but I can only see that his body has been strengthened and the aftermath of freezing himself has been cured.

In the case of Rak, until proven otherwise I will always insist that he was never a regular, just the native one who lost his memories.

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think Yama has reached his maximum.

Khell Hellam's line is similar to Fuscile's line saying that everyone there was above DivCo level.

From the fights, we know that DivCo are in the top 500, being generous at most a top 400. And there were Cha and Dowon who flirt with the top 100 and Karaka who might be a top 300.

What I mean is, Yama already being comparable to the 1st generation in some aspect does not mean that he is a parameter.

We have a Luslec in the top 15 for example.

And anyway, I never expected slayers to be above the top 50.

If the 1st generation were that powerful, they should at least have killed a regent.

BTW, although this could have happened and we just don't know.

And I really think Yama hasn't reached his peak yet, SIU always seems to want to make it clear with that.

First we don't know what the fangs will do to him when he has them all, second that with half full transformation he gave HK a shinheuh that clearly can beat a CC alone and we still have Acrinak.

I think the current Yama can already surpass Khell Hellam and exemplify that gen 1 slayers were really something if that's the case.
So, I agree that he hasn't peaked in the story overall.

What I mean is he had pretty much peaked as far as his trajectory pre-Baam. He was effectively on autopilot, just coasting and sleeping all day. THAT is the version of Yama that fought with Khel.

The difference now is Baam's involvement has put a fire under his ass, and a collision-course with Yas to finish out the whole fang (edit: fang not thorn, keep doing that) ordeal and introduce the concept of Acrinak which is yet to show, but apparently has always been available.

But, otherwise, it's not like Yama was training particularly hard and his growth was a steady trickle no different from any other aging ranker. He wasn't growing like, say, Karaka. He was probably growing at the same pace as the contemporaries around his rank.

Edit: what this means is that Yama pre Acrinak, and pre fully-fanged is already roughly what a so-called first gen Slayer is like. If that's the case they aren't even top 50 material, although I certainly would expect some variation.

Luslec clearly does not count for the purpose of the conversation of Slayers though.

Last edited:

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So, I agree that he hasn't peaked in the story overall.

What I mean is he had pretty much peaked as far as his trajectory pre-Baam. He was effectively on autopilot, just coasting and sleeping all day. THAT is the version of Yama that fought with Khel.

The difference now is Baam's involvement has put a fire under his ass, and a collision-course with Yas to finish out the whole fang (edit: fang not thorn, keep doing that) ordeal and introduce the concept of Acrinak which is yet to show, but apparently has always been available.

But, otherwise, it's not like Yama was training particularly hard and his growth was a steady trickle no different from any other aging ranker. He wasn't growing like, say, Karaka. He was probably growing at the same pace as the contemporaries around his rank.

Edit: what this means is that Yama pre Acrinak, and pre fully-fanged is already roughly what a so-called first gen Slayer is like. If that's the case they aren't even top 50 material, although I certainly would expect some variation.

Luslec clearly does not count for the purpose of the conversation of Slayers though.
Ah, now I understand what you mean.

Well, to be fair, Yama trained a lot to be honest.

It is said by himself that while Doom was building an army, he trained to achieve full transformation and then trained to use external transformation.

Anyway, apart from Rei, we haven't had any official presentation of anyone in the top 50, even with CC we've had confirmation of their strength hierarchy not long ago.

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ah, now I understand what you mean.

Well, to be fair, Yama trained a lot to be honest.

It is said by himself that while Doom was building an army, he trained to achieve full transformation and then trained to use external transformation.

Anyway, apart from Rei, we haven't had any official presentation of anyone in the top 50, even with CC we've had confirmation of their strength hierarchy not long ago.
You seem optimistic he's top 50 material...

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
It has just (well, for days now) come to my attention from the resident super-intellect (just ask him) that the official releases on Webtoon are "often" full of inaccuracies. 😲

Can we really trust anything we think we know? Do we have any incidents, specifically, dealing with mistranslations and, ahem, inaccuracies in the official releases?

Now, as I understand Naver is the publisher that the actual author, SIU, trusts to put his works out and that includes LINE translations (being a subsidiary) in other languages, namely English. So, by extension, SIU himself implicitly trusts the accuracy of LINE Webtoon translations in English as being the exemplary translations, and they are thus considered gospel and the gold standard source material, by default superior to all other translations. (unless they hurt your feels?) Or so I thought!

I'm sure this has absolutely nothing to do with any collapsing narrative built on reading mistranslations read by the individual I will keep nameless (big-brain... is not his handle, but it should be?), and is more in the spirit of seeking truth and accuracy in translations. Seeing as that has GOT to be the intent, as pure as it can be, I think we all cosign here to want to make sure we are reading an accurate translation.

Seeing as this is the pertinent thread, have we all been reading a web(toon) of lies? Should we be reading a different, perhaps unofficial translation release by a rag-tag, uncompensated team (of one often enough)? Which one is superior to the official release, webtoon? I feel almost icky calling it "official" now that I know what I know that it is a de facto unreliable source (source: trust me bro 😉). Perhaps if we had been reading a basement-release translation the inconsistencies would be rectified, and we can vote to nuke this whole thread?

Also, how to get a hold of SIU...? I feel he should be made aware of this egregious problem by the team directly tied to his livelihood.

Please advise.

Signed,

A concerned consumer, Jubei

zoradante1

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
today's chapter is going to be filler as always been, don't waste your time reading it.

Content of today's chapter
-Lilial requesting a match with baam to Rei,rei accepts but says she has to join the tournament if baam wins
-Some stupid dialogues and inner thoughts for both baam and lilial
-Baam is shocked that she wants to kill him and defeats her with his disgusting martial poses with a palm strike and says ''I dOn'T fIgHt PeOpLe WeAkEr ThAn Me'' on a barely C-rank regular princess.
-SIU wants to hype baam by making him defeat lilial a mere C-rank bug with one strike while forgetting alltogether that he is a IRREGULAR. And the only thing that can hype him is doing this to High rankers like top branch leaders since he is a irregular.
-Maybe we see khun team or other families and their thought about this tournament at the end of chapter or a new familly head?

All of this can be solved with 2-3 panels if baam just fingers her right now and shows who is the true princess.

Last edited:

Azure🐬

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Mark my words,today's chapter is going to be filler, don't waste your time reading it.

-Lilial requesting a match with baam to Rei,rei accepts but says she has to join the tournament if baam wins
-Baam is shocked that she wants to kill him and defeats her with his disgusting martial poses with a palm strike and says ''I dOn'T fIgHt PeOpLe WeAkEr ThAn Me'' on a barely C-rank regular princess.
-SIU wants to hype baam by making him defeat lilial a mere C-rank bug with one strike while forgetting alltogether that he is a IRREGULAR. And the only thing that can hype him is doing this to High rankers like top branch leaders since he is a irregular.
-Maybe we see khun team or other families and their thought about this tournament at the end of chapter or a new familly head?

All of this can be solved with 2-3 panels if baam just fingers her right now and shows who is the true princess.
Wait, you are telling me that the Nest wasn't a filler?
My life was a lie....

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
lol @sazon - your thread has become the official 'come complain about anything' thread.

#CC?

today's chapter is going to be filler as always been, don't waste your time reading it.

Oh, boy, it's early to say but looks like this is pretty accurate so far lololol

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States

You got the filler part right, but somehow were too optimistic for Baam's performance here. Maybe next chapter he flexes back.

zoradante1

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
I mean, thanks?

*quickly sends DM to get them digits*
please someone bring RYU TATSUYA to this series!!!!!!!!! and make him MC we don't need a pus*y princess in here.

please someone bring RYU TATSUYA to this series!!!!!!!!! and make him MC we don't need a pus*y princess in here.
HAHA YOU KNOW WHAT YASRATCHA IS GOING TO BE HEALED WITH GRAND AXIS FIREFISH NEXT CHAPTER.