Tribute to the Author Kentaro Miura | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Tribute to the Author Kentaro Miura

FetherMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was introduced to Berserk years ago by one of my close friends, who shares the same love for manga and anime as I do. At first, I wasn't fan of Berserk and didn't care much for it, until I started reading the series more than just watching the original anime series.

Miura's highly detailed work reminded me of Otomo's own work of Akira or Domu. The simplicity of the series was one thing, but executing theses battles in comic book format from panel to panel and spread page was simply a treat in seeing and left you in all. The characters gave off real personality and conflict that brought out more in the story alone.

Overall, the dedication that Miura and many, many other manga artists have for their own works is truly something to respect and for me personally, Miura's recent passing has taught me one thing and that is, the greatest accomplishment in life is becoming what you really want to be and passing on as that. I salute this man from one artist to another and many other artists already established or working towards making a name for themselves as well.

:hi

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Rip to Kentaro Miura.
Honestly I dont even have the strength to write a lot. Im really devastated about this.
Been reading Berserk for more than 13 years now, so Miura and his work really mean a lot to me. Even giving me inspiration at one point in my college life.

Berserk man ... Miura's craft was always unparalleled imo. Every story arc is a 10/10 story, simply amazing characters ranging from protagonists, antagonists, side characters etc, deep lore and philosophy, the world, the themes, the storytelling, and of course the otherworldly stunning art. Miura was a genius and the goat.
So much dedication and care to a story that had a profound impact on people, and impact on media ranging from other manga, games, books, anime etc.

Miura with his series definitely helped a lot of people cope with all sorts of things and gave them all kinds of inspiration, and his work will definitely continue to be as influential and helpful. Miura's legacy will continue to live on. Salute to the goat, my favorite manga artist, who wrote my favorite manga ever.

102jayday

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I was gutted with the news.
Miura passed on the 6th but we didn't get the news until the 20th.
I was at work and when I went on my break I saw the news. I was in shock and disbelief for the whole day at work after that. It hurt having the news break on my fathers death ann too. Died 3 years younger than my dad and it wasn't a pain free death for Miura.
I remember watching the anime, I got it from the videostore in 2007 they had a collections dvd pack. I wasn't keen before watching it as I never really liked the medievil knights fighting on horses look that was my impression before I watched it! Boy I was wrong when I watch it I loved the story and cast. I was so shocked seeing the last episode saying it can't end like this?!
So I decided to read my first manga as I was only anime before. The manga was so enjoyable to read as could sit reading it for hours and read it over again.
I was so impressed how amazing Miura artwork is from the get go to now. From the 90s to now there is nothing I seen compare! I love bragging about how good his art was and how good the story is.
Later years anytime a Berserk chapter announced I would run around the house like a kid saying berserk is coming back.
I called my mother on the night I was crying she thought it was about dad but I told her my favorite artist has died. She was like its not like you knew him personally but I said but I have live in hope for his manga throughout many years.
I really hope there is a box to read the end of the story. The assistant I feel for so much pressure the art will not be the same he has big shoes to fill and it still hurts abit that it isn't Miura but his family want it finished.
Greatest artist ever, will miss but will always look back at his art on how beautiful it is.
Rip Kentaro Miura :(

Manta33

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Late to this news. Thank you, for a story like no other. Rest well.