Discussion - Trivial Questions From the Story | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Trivial Questions From the Story

Stop

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: What did WB mean in chapter 434?

He's mad that one of his crew gave that to him is what I think

Kaiser Will

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

That guy is Blackbeard. Shirohige said that because he kill a crewmember, one of the WB top commander Thatch, and for WB this is a crime unacceptable in a pirate crew. For more just look here!

Rotten The Wizard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Canada

That guy is Blackbeard. Shirohige said that because he kill a crewmember, one of the WB top commander Thatch, and for WB this is a crime unacceptable in a pirate crew. For more just look here!
that doesnt make any sense. BB didnt fight WB

He's talking about a physical wound. I imagine its the wound he has to be hooked up to an I.V. for

I'm thinking its either Roger or someone related to shanks

RichardMNixon

Reaction score
Country
United States

I also assumed it was a physical wound from Roger. Even if it could be an emotional wound from BB, I don't see why Shanks would make that ache.

Kaiser Will

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

I think i misunderstod what are you trying to ask. Because if you are talkin' about WB scar in the middle of his chest is made by Roger, but as you say in your first post the scar that Shanks have in his left eye was Blackbeard.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

I presume it was roger and seeing shanks, rogers former cabin boy, made WB remember when he got the wound.

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire

Someone related to Shanks... being Roger or less probable Rayleigh... OR someone that looks like Shanks...

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia

OMG, is this really something to be discussed?
Shanks, who was a member of Roger's crew comes on WB's ship, and he comments that his wound that he got from that bastard hurts every time he sees Shanks.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/06-07/

Then later on WB mentions Roger again. He basically confirms it himself.
Aside from the fact that Roger was the only one capable of fighting evenly with WB.

This thread should be locked.

Yabe

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Some people already showed doubt and different speculation on the matter and nobody acts against the rules. I see there is no need to lock this thread. Whatever confident and possible answer there is now is still assumption after all as the phrase "that guy" hasn't shown to be replaced with a certain name.

Although if I have to guess I also think that WB meant Roger because the way he refered to Shanks as an apprentice of Roger's crews imo suggested that WB did have the impression on Shanks as one of Roger's crew, thus seeing him should likely remind WB of the memory which's related to Roger.

Raysen_ht

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

I was going to create a thread about this chapter, but since it was already here i decided to put my question here... (it has nothing to do with the original question of the thread, but it is something that WB said on chapter 434, so i think this is the right place... if its not, please move it)

on this page http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/05/

when they say "vigor and drive" do they mean "Haki"? does anybody know if the original japanese was Haki?
well... i think it was, but since i cant read japanese i wanted to ask to know for sure...

Kaiser Will

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Raysen: Yes they mean haki but you have to consider that isn't everyone that know this kinda power, just a feel, the Kuja, Hachi, Rayleigh, and problably Roger crew.
But back to the point of the thread, here in the first panel of the top left, when WB say "the wound that I got from that guy" he is clearly saying that this guy is Roger. 1 - The only man who could stand alive from a fight with Roger is WB. 2 - Everybody knows that Shanks was an apprentice in Roger ship. To confirm just look here and here! You will find everything that you need to know.

bittman

Reaction score
Country
Australia

I agree with it being Roger of course.

I'm on the fence concerning whether it's a physical wound or an emotional wound. Though Roger and Whitebeard were rivals, as is the case they may have had large amounts of respect for each other. Also, there is nothing to say that they might have actually had enormous levels of hatred between them. What's to say that Roger didn't steal Whitebeard's girlfriend and that his heart aches at the mere thought of Roger?

Yeah I'd say physical over emotional, but you can't simply rule it out. He didn't go "THIS *points to gaping hole in his head* wound hurts when I see your face!".

RichardMNixon

Reaction score
Country
United States

On page 9 it states pretty excitedly that Shanks was Roger's apprentice, did we know before this chapter that he was? Maybe Oda just wanted to wait a few more pages to introduce the fact in the way that he did?

I read somewhere else on this forum that the raw word for "vigor and drive" was indeed haki.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire

On page 9 it states pretty excitedly that Shanks was Roger's apprentice, did we know before this chapter that he was? Maybe Oda just wanted to wait a few more pages to introduce the fact in the way that he did?
After Arabasta, Buggy meets with Ace and says "If you kill a conrad of Whitebeard, it will use all his power to hunt you. I know him very well, I already fought him! He was the only one that could match with Gold Roger!"

Buggy didn't said he was from Roger crew, but...

Last edited:

thedamnedsleeper

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Kureha vs. Trenu?

just got into OP, maybe someone can clear this up for me: what is the actual name of tony tony chopper's "mom": kureha or trenu?

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Re: Kureha vs. Trenu?

Trenu? Never heard of it.

Kureha is her real name. Unless I'm sadly mistaken.

thedamnedsleeper

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

thanks for your replies.

to clarify my position, "kureha" was what i found in the entries in the OP wiki. in certain scans of the manga however, both names were used interchangeably... i was looking for an explanation of THAT phenomenon. i have looked it up many, many times; asking folks in this forum seemed the most expedient way of finding out why i couldn't find an explanation "trenu" at all.

ANBU4U

Reaction score
Country
United States

thanks for your replies.

to clarify my position, "kureha" was what i found in the entries in the OP wiki. in certain scans of the manga however, both names were used interchangeably... i was looking for an explanation of THAT phenomenon. i have looked it up many, many times; asking folks in this forum seemed the most expedient way of finding out why i couldn't find an explanation "trenu" at all.
If you ever have translation issue I highly recommend reading these translations. They are of the highest quality...unfortunately they won't help you for the most recent chapters due to discontinuation.

Still, they are the very best, if a bit PG-13 (Stephen doesn't like pirate swearing.) Often, even stylistic name choices will be briefly explained.