Artist - TWICE【트와이스】 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Artist TWICE【트와이스】

Who is your bias?

• Total voters

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

GROUP INFORMATION

TWICE [트와이스] consists of 9 members. The band debuted on October 20, 2015, under JYP entertainment. They are:
  1. Jihyo
  2. Jeongyeon
  3. Nayeon
  4. Mina
  5. Momo
  6. Sana
  7. Dahyun
  8. Chaeyoung
  9. Tzuyu
Fandom club name: Once

GROUP MEMBERS

Name: Park Ji Soo
Stage Name: Jihyo
Position: Leader, Main Vocalist
Nationality: Korean

Name: Im Na Yeon
Stage Name: Nayeon
Position: Lead Vocalist, Face of the group

Name: Yoo Jeong Yeon/Yoo Jung Yeon
Stage: Jeongyeon/Jungyeon
Position: Lead Vocalist

Name: Hirai Momo
Stage Name: Momo
Position: Main Dancer, Vocalist, Rapper
Nationality: Japanese

Name: Minatozaki Sana
Stage Name: Sana
Position: Lead Dancer, Vocalist

Name: Myoui Mina
Stage Name: Mina
Position: Lead Dancer, Vocalist

Name: Kim Da Hyun
Stage Name: Dahyun
Position: Lead Rapper, Vocalist

Name: Son Chae Young
Stage Name: Chaeyoung
Position: Main Rapper, Vocalist

Name: Chou Tzuyu
Stage Name: Tzuyu
Position: Lead Dancer, Vocalist, Visual, Maknae
Nationality: Taiwanese

Source

Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice thread! I'm not a hardcore "Once", but I have to admit that TWICE is not a bad group. They're actually quite famous in Korea. But internationally, they receive a lot of hate... Honestly speaking, I don't think their singing abilities are sub-par. Everyone has different opinions though. Anyways, I find most of their songs catchy.

Also, they recently made an appearance on Idol Star Athletics Championship (2017)!

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Welcome to the TWICE thread! :confetti

At first I wasn't into TWICE, but the concept of "TT" was pretty good and it was the first time I was addicted to TWICE. I can listen to "TT" over and over haha :D

All the members are cute, especially Jihyo, Sana, Nayeon, Tzuyu, Dahyun. I find the concept of TWICE being international girlband (Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese members) really unique.

But internationally, they receive a lot of hate...
Oh? Really? I didn't know that. Also your bias is Momo huh.. Mine is Dahyun. Again, another rapper after Bora :D

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the TWICE thread! :confetti

At first I wasn't into TWICE, but the concept of "TT" was pretty good and it was the first time I was addicted to TWICE. I can listen to "TT" over and over haha :D

All the members are cute, especially Jihyo, Sana, Nayeon, Tzuyu, Dahyun. I find the concept of TWICE being international girlband (Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese members) really unique.

Oh? Really? I didn't know that. Also your bias is Momo huh.. Mine is Dahyun. Again, another rapper after Bora :D
I agree. TWICE is very unique in terms of nationality. They are only the only group from JYP Entertainment that I am familiar with. And yeah, they always get a lot of dislikes on their music videos because a lot of people think they can't sing.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
TWICE's "KNOCK KNOCK" Teaser (published 3 hours ago)

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Check out TWICE's new comeback song, "KNOCK KNOCK"!

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I lol'd when I saw their expressions when they saw JYP :D

The graphics were okay, in fact I can say it's great. As for the song itself, it still hasn't been my favorite so far.

Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I lol'd when I saw their expressions when they saw JYP :D

The graphic was okay, in fact I can say it's great. As for the song itself, it still hasn't been my favorite so far.
Haha, yeah. I actually laughed when I saw JYP himself. I don't remember a CEO ever appearing in one of their group's MV. But I guess he just likes TWICE that much. As for the song, I agree that it wasn't as catchy as their other ones. But then usually, I have to re-watch Kpop videos over and over before it really hits me. And yeah, the graphics were great as always.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
My biases are Dahyun and Tzuyu. Gotta admit it's because of their looks in Cheer Up and TT. In Cheer UP, Dahyun cosplayed Hwang Jin Yi, the most famous gisaeng in Korean history. Tzuyu cosplayed a vampire (or Maleficent?) in TT.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
--- Double Post Merged, ---
After listening to KNOCK KNOCK over and over, gotta admit I am addicted to this song. The tone is somewhat tragic (idk why I feel this haha). First parts of the video they look happy, and then it's like they are trapped outside their house and because the book keeps turning, it seems they are trapped in the book and become the cosplayers in TT. Liked the lyrics (after reading the translated version). Really liked Jihyo and Jeongyeon's voice in this song. Poor Tzuyu though, I can understand she got less lines, but it feels like she is not the visual despite her being the visual.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Check out TWICE's comeback stage on Show Music Core!

I have to admit, after listening to it a few times, it became real catchy.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
TWICE's Signal teaser!

three different nationalities: Taiwanese, Korean, Japanese

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
TWICE's "Signal" M/V is finally out!

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
TWICE's "Signal" M/V is finally out!

What are your thoughts on the MV this time? I think it is alright. Above average, not really great, not bad either.

Someone pointed out in the comments that they 9 have superpowers, ie Jeongyeon can freeze time, Jihyo has X-Ray vision, etc haha.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
What are your thoughts on the MV this time? I think it is alright. Above average, not really great, not bad either.

Someone pointed out in the comments that they 9 have superpowers, ie Jeongyeon can freeze time, Jihyo has X-Ray vision, etc haha.
I thought the chorus was pretty catchy. It's probably going to get stuck in my head like most of TWICE's songs. Haha. The other parts of the song had a different feel to it. Not sure if I like it yet or not. Gonna have to listen to it a few more times. And I didn't read the comments so thanks for pointing out the superpowers! Now it makes a little more sense.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I thought the chorus was pretty catchy. It's probably going to get stuck in my head like most of TWICE's songs. Haha. The other parts of the song had a different feel to it. Not sure if I like it yet or not. Gonna have to listen to it a few more times. And I didn't read the comments so thanks for pointing out the superpowers! Now it makes a little more sense.
Np :) What I like from TWICE is they usually show a concept, like Halloween (TT), Retro (Cheer Up) etc and every member has their own identity (Momo being Tinkerbell, Sana being Sailor Moon etc). That's very entertaining.

Also this time Tzuyu and Sana instead of Jihyo and Nayeon got the chorus line. The pattern is quite different.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Np :) What I like from TWICE is they usually show a concept, like Halloween (TT), Retro (Cheer Up) etc and every member has their own identity (Momo being Tinkerbell, Sana being Sailor Moon etc). That's very entertaining.

Also this time Tzuyu and Sana instead of Jihyo and Nayeon got the chorus line. The pattern is quite different.
I agree. TWICE is pretty good at concepts. And you're right, the line distribution in this song is very different from their other songs.

This song is really starting to grow on me. I've watched the music video so many times now and I still can't figure out what all of their superpowers are (especially Mina). Haha... So far, I think it's like this:

TWICE's Superpowers

Jihyo = X-ray Vision
Nayeon = Reversing Time
Sana = Invisibility
Dahyun = Cloning
Jeongyeon = Freezing Time
Momo = Super Speed
Tzuyu = Super Strength
Chaeyoung = Telekinesis
Mina = Hypnosis??

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I agree. TWICE is pretty good at concepts. And you're right, the line distribution in this song is very different from their other songs.

This song is really starting to grow on me. I've watched the music video so many times now and I still can't figure out what all of their superpowers are (especially Mina). Haha... So far, I think it's like this:

TWICE's Superpowers

Jihyo = X-ray Vision
Nayeon = Reversing Time
Sana = Invisibility
Dahyun = Cloning
Jeongyeon = Freezing Time
Momo = Super Speed
Tzuyu = Super Strength
Chaeyoung = Telekinesis
Mina = Hypnosis??
I think so, hers is hypnosis. She tried to hypnotize the alien guy but it failed :D Turned out she fell asleep instead haha.
Also did you notice that:
  • Nayeon's time reversing pen resembles memory erasing pen from Men In Black movie. MIB is also a movie about alien.
  • The camera guy from Cheer Up MV at 2.39

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Also did you notice that:
  • Nayeon's time reversing pen resembles memory erasing pen from Men In Black movie. MIB is also a movie about alien.
  • The camera guy from Cheer Up MV at 2.39
Oh. Hmmm... Now that you mention it, that is pretty interesting. Also, in case you didn't see their comeback performance, here it is:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Thanks for sharing. I guess the choreography for "Jirit jirit" line will be viral soon haha

Also I found another things:
  • at 2.35 you can see Hwang Jin Yi from Cheer Up MV (Dahyun cosplayed as this famous gisaeng in Cheer Up) and a girl from Resident Evil/Ghost in The Shell (?) (Momo cosplayed as this girl in Cheer Up).
  • Among all Dahyun's clones, there are two clones that move like her from previous MVs. One moves/dances like Dahyun in TT, and another one brings fan like Dahyun in Cheer Up.
  • This time Nayeon is not a face of the group